PDA

View Full Version : oh boy.. superstition crap..

Florge
7th October 2009, 05:51
I just got out of the shower and toweling my hair dry... when suddenly the phone rang...

I answered... and a familiar voice blurted out: "Anak, (child) please don't wear your trahe de boda (wedding gown)"... I was getting ready to go to the dressmaker for my first and final fitting...

It was my Dad... I laughed so hard that Dad got ******... LOL... I simply told him, all that superstition crap is just... crap... I will fit my gown as it will be a major disaster if on the day of my wedding, it won't fit perfectly at all..

He finished the call by saying: "I'll tell your Mom about it" and "bahala ka na nga"...

A few minutes later, I got a text message from my Mom telling me of the same thing.. I gave her the same answer and she just said "ok"... guess I got my approval to fit my gown?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... superstition! :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Anyone experienced the same?

whiteraven
7th October 2009, 06:48
my wife wasnt too pleased when i tried on her wedding gown either :omg::D

KeithD
7th October 2009, 08:27
I was so worried I didn't even wear my wedding dress on the big day! :cwm24:

thejarvs
7th October 2009, 08:29
I wish i'd had a fitting coz my gown didn't fit and Mrsjarv wasn't happy lol

pennybarry
7th October 2009, 09:32
Looking forward for your photos:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck!!

miss.piggy
7th October 2009, 09:42
Wow! Best wishes Florge! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
7th October 2009, 10:41
:) All the best Florge! And I agree with you on the superstitions...

LEAHnew
7th October 2009, 11:33
Hi Florge yes I know it's a crap:doh if you remember I posted same concern and I was just being silly when I made it:Erm::doh:Cuckoo: and now some of my aunts telling me that's why I can't get married coz I fitted my w.gown.. toinkz:doh:D
well some of you know we're having legal problems so we can't get married yet, I do believe there's a purpose why things like this happening only God knows (excuse me to non-believers). I won't say we can't get married, it's just the complications need to sort it out soon just moving on...enjoying life and still grateful of everything.:cwm38::cwm38::):)

p.s
If superstitious applied again I might force to sell the w.gown (maybe there's a sumpa:omg::D:icon_lol:)in ebay and buy new latest fashion if our time comes:rolleyes::Cuckoo:

Goodluck Florge..Best Wishes:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keep smiling:)

Florge
7th October 2009, 16:22
thanks guys... my parents were there when I fitted it... and Dad made some suggestions... LOL... talk about superstition eh...

I saw his face lit up when he saw me in the gown... aaawwwww...

filipina_owl
8th October 2009, 10:50
Hi florge. I did try my wedding dress on 2 weeks before my wedding to see if it fits okay before they put on all the stones and laces. My hubby even said, gorgeous. But that was the last time he saw me wearing it. I only wore it again on the big day and it was perfect. I love my wedding dress and it was just beautiful. Are you already in uk? :Erm:

smiler78
8th October 2009, 15:57
Awww Florge you had the fitting? Resty was stressing to me that she wouldn't wear it at the fitting until I pointed out just what would she do on the big day if something was really wrong, I agree that the groom shouldn't see the dress before the day, not really because of superstition just because I want the surprise on the day!

Not long now till you fly isnt it? Talk soon x

GaryFifer
8th October 2009, 16:19
Love having conversations with those called new age people and their herbal potions and lotions, and stones. Everyone's opinion is not equally valid ;)

If I put this stone on your body here, here and here, and charge you £10 for it, that will heal your inner karma. Help you buy a karma more like...

If I get you to lay in a tank of water, with whale noises oohh

Dara O'Briain did a great skit about Real Science vs other bull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIaV8swc-fo

monkeyface
8th October 2009, 17:13
I just got out of the shower and toweling my hair dry... when suddenly the phone rang...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... superstition! :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Anyone experienced the same?

Congrats and best wishes!:)

Remember, it is bad luck to be superstitious.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Florge
9th October 2009, 02:18
@Filipina_owl: not in UK yet.. soon.. very very soon...

@Carl: tell Resty that it's ok to wear it just to see which needs adjusting.. but once the gown is finished, old folks say it's bad luck... I had my last fitting yesterday.. and the next time I'll be wearing it would be at my wedding day...

@Monkeyface: LOL... very funny.