PDA

View Full Version : My Future wifes visa application

rockman
9th December 2004, 00:04
Hello its Troy again !!
Can anybody tell me whether ivs-uk.com is any good, I have been planning making an application for my future wife who is planning a move to this country.
These people claim that they offer a service for getting her over here, they make no guarantees but claim that the government see that they are doing there business correctly, can anybody tell me whether a) I will need them and b)whether they are worth the money.
They cost £180 now and £180 upon completion , whether she makes it or not !
Thanks
Troy.

peterdavid
9th December 2004, 00:35
Absolutely no way. I'm sure they are not in any way 'dodgy', but you simply don't need them, especially if it's just a straightforward visa application for your fiance/wife. The forms are fairly self explanatory (although long winded) and what has been posted elsewhere on this site is pretty good advice. I can't imagine what additional info or help such an agency could give that you can't get on here for free.

I'll help you myself for £200... ;D

Only joking. But unless for any reason you have a complicated application, I would suggest you don't actually need to pay any agency anything. If for any reason you did want to get some form of legal visa advice and assistance, I would advise a reputable immigration lawyer rather than some agency - I know of a couple of good immigration lawyers I would recommend if you're interested (I'm not on commission by the way) - but honestly, I really would advise you to save your money, because an agency is unlikely to do little more than fill your forms in for you and charge you £360 (plus VAT) for the privilege.

Use common sense for the forms (again, as posted elsewhere on here) - show you're willing to move there if her visa is rejected, ensure you make it clear you proposed to her, not vice versa and that moving to the UK was all your idea, etc etc.

Having been through the process myself (successfully), I might be of a bit of help, if you reall felt you needed it - most of what I would say has already been posted on this site anyway, it's all pretty good avice.

Admin
9th December 2004, 11:51
It costs you an extra £ZERO to do it yourself, it's simple as long as you fill in all the boxes, tick the correct places, and supply enough proof of relationship to sink the Titanic (even though it's unsikable ;D)

If you need any help, go to the CAB. That's FREE as well.

The Home Office does not pass authority of any kind to anyone.