PDA

View Full Version : Interview and passing papers

elaine
8th December 2004, 18:52
can i schedule the interview first using CAVA before i passed my requirements?

if i can ...then i shd. call CAVA...:-)

thanks

ginapeterb
8th December 2004, 22:23
Hi Elaine, as matter of courtesy because you are from Bacolod, I have replied to your e mail, that you have sent, as you probably we know we dont reply to personal e mails, however in this situation, I have told you what to do, and where you can find me next week.

As far as a general rule is concerned, the CAVA system is the only way that operates now for the British Embassy in the Philippines, no more walk in applications will be accepted.

Therefore if you have the required application form, the correct documentation, photos, the fee etc, and the evidence required, then call them, and you will be directed to an appointment time, write this down and dont be late for it, it could be anywhere from 4 to 16 weeks in the future.

I hope this helps,

elaine
9th December 2004, 07:17
hello again!

what about a petition paper?what is that?shd. my husband write a letter like example...I'm Mr. Martin ____ petiition my wife...April Elaine____. I promise to support her in UK and support her also in PHIls the amount of...I'm financially stable and treat him in a good way...is that a petiition paper or what?is there a form for petition paper?

I have seen one of that in my friend....and they can get that form in U.S embassy but how about in UK???

thank u very much

ginapeterb
9th December 2004, 11:03
A Forum member has e mailed in the following message for an answer, here is the message.

Quote “hello again!

what about a petition paper?what is that?shd. my husband write a letter like example...I'm Mr. Martin ____ petiition my wife...April Elaine____. I promise to support her in UK and support her also in PHIls the amount of...I'm financially stable and treat him in a good way...is that a petiition paper or what?is there a form for petition paper?

I have seen one of that in my friend....and they can get that form in U.S embassy but how about in UK

thank u very much Unquote

I would answer this as follows:

The procedures for the United States K1 and I-130 petitions for alien relatives should not be confused with the procedures for United Kingdom immigration.

If your friends are engaged to Americans and are filing for a K-1 visa or a spouse visa on I-130 petition for Alien relative, please do not try and guess on this, due to what other 'expert applicants' have informed you.

The problem with having friends in the Philippines who tell one to do this or that, because its what their fiancé did, or their husband did, may have been ok for them, this is what I call “Expert Immigration Applicants”, whilst friends or relatives may seek to be happy for you and want to help, sometimes they can confuse the issue, as their circumstances may be different, certainly if they are applying to other countries Embassy’s including the U.S. Embassy, the German Embassy, the Dutch Embassy, the Swiss Embassy etc, this seeks to confuse the situation.

Therefore if your fiancé or husband is a UK National, please blot out of your mind any helpful anecdotes from Filipino’s who have gone through these procedures at other embassies.

The information we show on our Forum is accurate and has been known to produce the right result when applying for visa’s to enter the United Kingdom.

The process for your visa, that is if you are married to a UK National is different.

Your husband would help you and your visa application if he wrote a covering letter in support of your application, however this is something he should be doing, the letter needs to be brief, and give an overview of your relationship, there is a template for this letter in Courting and Relationships section on the forum, under Spouse and Fiancée Visas, please refer to that.

The covering letter should state the following:

An introduction of the sponsor, and the following.

An overview of your relationship.

The sponsor's financial situation.

Your accommodation arrangements in UK

Any children that must be cared for.

your intentions to live as man and wife in the UK.

once having done this covering letter it should accompany your application.

there is little point in looking at letters that are destined for the U.S. Embassy, the 2 countries have different immigration procedures.

check our UK Visa section, if you are not satisfied that this answers your query, please go to our Embassy in Manila at

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...penMarket/Xcele (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcele) rate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1025869670230

paste this link into your browser. and you will be able to access the same information there.

You have also asked about the procedure for the settlement interview.

There is also a section in “Courting and Relationships” and a sub section on “Preparing for the settlement interview“, there is also, a number of set questions, that are likely to be asked, you may print them off and study them, however all interviews are different, no one knows for sure how it will go in any given situation, we can only give some guide to what it may be like, some have reported only 10 minutes, others have reported an hour or longer, everyone’s individual situation may be different, it depends on many factors, the only criteria is as follows:

A United Kingdom Entry Clearance Officer must establish, that the applicant and sponsor show evidence of relationship, and that they intend to live together as man and wife, in the United Kingdom.

Therefore, providing you have the required evidence, which is detailed in the Courting and Relationships section under “Evidence of Relationship”, there is no reason why a visa will not be granted, however sometimes there are refusals.

There is no guarantee that a visa will be issued, this must be stressed, and there is also no guarantee that if you follow the information contained within this forum, that a visa will be granted simply because you “Read it on the Forum”

It has come to my attention in the last few days, that I am hearing more and more from readers, through private e mails, that the following is being quoted.

“On the Forum it says this ! I read it on the Forum should I do this”

Or more recently “The forum says this”

Disclaimer.
There is a general disclaimer regarding this forum at the top of the home page, please read it carefully, it is in Yellow at the top, The Forum moderators simply cannot be called to account for information that we produce,

Once again “WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE BRITISH EMBASSY MANILA, PHILIPPINES”

I must stress to all interested readers, that the Filipino UK forum is a bulletin board, and asynchronous chat service for an interest group, both Filipino and UK…we cannot be held responsible for the information contained within our sub sections, much of it is from lay research, and personal opinions, it is intended as rough guide only, if anyone is unsure as to their position, legal situation, you must in all circumstances, contact the British Overseas Mission for further advice in the country that you are applying in.