PDA

View Full Version : Elsa has Citizenship!! Hooray

walesrob
2nd October 2009, 18:19
:cwm12:

Elsa had the letter this morning, saying the application is successful and an invitation to the Ceremony will be sent shortly.

So I make it just 2 weeks for the whole process, which is very quick. I kept a timeline and here it is:

14th September 2009: Application sent by 1st Class Recorded Delivery
15th September 2009: Royal Mail confirmed delivery @ Liverpool
23rd September 2009: Credit Card charged
26th September 2009: Payment acknowledgment by post
29th September 2009: Approved
2nd October 2009: Received written confirmation by post, will send Citizenship Ceremony appointment by post.
Next is the £77.50 for the passport, but thats small change. :)

Ann07
2nd October 2009, 18:26

Elsa had the letter this morning, saying the application is successful and an invitation to the Ceremony will be sent shortly.

So I make it just 2 weeks for the whole process, which is very quick. I kept a timeline and here it is:

2nd October 2009: Received written confirmation by post, will send Citizenship Ceremony appointment by post.

wow that is quick....congrats:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
2nd October 2009, 18:37
Wow! Congrats to you both!

One more step and you finally over with these expensive fees!

JimOttley
2nd October 2009, 19:09
Many congratulations Rob and Elsa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jim

bornatbirth
2nd October 2009, 19:13
you mean shes welsh?

btw congrats :D

jimeve
2nd October 2009, 19:13
sure was fast, congrats to you both.

aromulus
2nd October 2009, 19:26
:xxgrinning--00xx3:We are extremely pleased for you both.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congratulations.

Ji&Ma
2nd October 2009, 19:54
:BouncyHappy: Our sincerest congratulations to Elsa and you Rob, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
2nd October 2009, 20:33
Congratz...Citizenship's quick..How come FLR's not?:(
Oh well, Patience is a virtue...

Congratulations Elsa and
oh Rob too;)

Mrs Daddy
2nd October 2009, 20:40
Congrats!:)

Sophie
2nd October 2009, 22:30

congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
2nd October 2009, 23:06
about time rob :xxgrinning--00xx3:

well i keep telling me misses shes no longer a pinoy :D

:cwm3:

citizenship a couple of years ago, you could be waiting upto 6 months :doh

but it looks like ILR and FLR are taking longer, they use to take around 28 days.. but now 3 monts or more for some :doh

Arthur Little
2nd October 2009, 23:46

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations, Rob & Elsa.

jaishann
3rd October 2009, 00:24

fantastic

scottishbride
3rd October 2009, 05:02
Wow! That's great! Congrats!

pennybarry
3rd October 2009, 07:10
Brilliant news!!! Too quick!!!:omg:

May I know if she took some volunteering job? If yes, How many hours needed?

I am planning to do some volunteering whilst studying my ECDL level 2 Fast track.:D

Goodluck and I wish I could get mine soon.:BouncyHappy:

ginapeterb
3rd October 2009, 07:40
Well done Rob me old mate, seems like a few years have passed since we stood outside the old British Embassy, remember those days, standing outside talking to the marines, giving them packs of fags to keep them sweet, going around the back of the building to get a coffee from the coffee shop, having lunch at the Ayala Centre, waiting and waiting watching everyone come out except your girl.

Those were the days, seems like a lifetime ago, congratulations on Elsa's British Citizenship, wow, I thought she had it a long time ago Rob, but anyway, although a long time coming, finally its here.

No Shengen visa's and in and out of States so easily on visa waiver, now Rob, ELSA TO NEW YORK ?

Pete

Tiggers0608
3rd October 2009, 08:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congratulations to both of you, wow that was really quick :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
3rd October 2009, 09:22
Well done Rob me old mate, seems like a few years have passed since we stood outside the old British Embassy, remember those days, standing outside talking to the marines, giving them packs of fags to keep them sweet, going around the back of the building to get a coffee from the coffee shop, having lunch at the Ayala Centre, waiting and waiting watching everyone come out except your girl.

Those were the days, seems like a lifetime ago, congratulations on Elsa's British Citizenship, wow, I thought she had it a long time ago Rob, but anyway, although a long time coming, finally its here.

No Shengen visa's and in and out of States so easily on visa waiver, now Rob, ELSA TO NEW YORK ?

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Yeah I remember the days, our friendly British Embassy, with friendly staff haha.

It took a while to get it sorted as didn't have the money, but we thought sod it, put it on Barclaycard and pay it back later, at least we can go abroad for a holiday without the need to fiddle with Schengen Visas and the hassle of travelling to Manchester.

Elsa has friends in San Diego so yeah, we'll be looking at flights early next year.

walesrob
3rd October 2009, 09:26
Brilliant news!!! Too quick!!!:omg:

May I know if she took some volunteering job? If yes, How many hours needed?

I am planning to do some volunteering whilst studying my ECDL level 2 Fast track.:D

Goodluck and I wish I could get mine soon.:BouncyHappy:

Thank you Pennybarry, no she didn't need to do any volunteering as she had ILR back in 2007 so the new rules don't apply to her. She's been eligible to apply since March 2008.

Good luck with the ECDL.

walesrob
3rd October 2009, 09:27
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations, Rob & Elsa.

Thank you everyone, now its a short wait for the passport. :)

tiger@tigress
3rd October 2009, 10:01
Wow thats quick....!

lavander
3rd October 2009, 10:04
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

somebody
3rd October 2009, 10:46
Congrats Elsa and Rob, just a word of warning we sailed though like you the Citzenship bit with a speedy response saying your invited to your Citzenship ceremony with all details correct on the letter inviting the Wife. We went to the ceremony and took pictures had a wandering around the town hall.

Job done get the passport no probs, a few days later in the evening as I checked the certficate and application for the wife so she could take to post office for check and send we noticed a tiny spelling mistake on her place of birth on her offcial certficate :doh
This added almost a month to the application. But once it was sorted the passport application was a piece of cake.

The interview was fairly simple and over almost before she had started, as i waited outside in Reading by the river on a bench about to read my paper the Wife rang up staying where are you lets get back to the shopping mall all done:D A few days later the passport dropped though the letter box.

When you ring up ask them to check out as many offices as they can, our "Nearest" is near "Elephant n Castle" se1 not the nicest of places and heavily oversubcribed it seems. Do remeber all first time passport applicaticants have to go for an interview.
So we had a lovely day out to one not so near by which was in far more plesant surroundings:)

The interview questions are simple remeber your details and all that you sent in on the passport form plus basic stuff you should know. The interviewer and it seems from what the wife said the person at the reception seem to stare into your eyes to see your telling the truth etc.

Nothing to worry about they just doing what they are asked to so don't worry, with Phills being generally socially confident people with good English skills the basic interview is nothing to worry about:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But basically on the day of the ceremony probably best to check though the certficate handed out, they cant admend there and then you need to send back. But evry day counts and from what i learned from googling and when speaking to the nationality phone line it seems to happen quite often:rolleyes:

Once Again Elsa and Rob well done and trust me walking though passport queues and not worry about schegen is lovely..

Then all you need to do to stay offcial in phill is become a dual citzen i think i mean to ask a question on here regarding:Erm:

walesrob
3rd October 2009, 11:29
Thanks Andy for the useful tips.

Just one question, who is Elisa :Erm: :icon_lol: Don't tell Elsa :Rasp:

somebody
3rd October 2009, 11:37
Thanks Andy for the useful tips.

Just one question, who is Elisa :Erm: :icon_lol: Don't tell Elsa :Rasp:
Whoops a Spanish girl who went to the same junior school as me, all corrected now sorry Elsa:Help1:

LEAHnew
3rd October 2009, 15:05
Congratulation Elsa and Rob:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:
well done:)

Jay&Zobel
7th October 2009, 20:59
Congratulations to you Elsa & Rob!! all the best!

tiN
7th October 2009, 21:23
Congratulations to both of you! Job well done :D

Tish
7th October 2009, 22:18
Awesome news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The more the merrier :BouncyHappy:

Tish

walesrob
11th October 2009, 21:41
Thanks everyone :)

Having a few problems booking the Citizenship Ceremony here in sheepland, we've been given the runaround by 2 council departments, but hopefully tomorrow it'll be sorted. Seems UKBA gave Elsa the wrong number and contact address for the office. They probably haven't had a Ceremony round here for a longtime anyway, and its got the council all confused, poor souls. :rolleyes:

somebody
11th October 2009, 22:18
Thanks everyone :)

Having a few problems booking the Citizenship Ceremony here in sheepland, we've been given the runaround by 2 council departments, but hopefully tomorrow it'll be sorted. Seems UKBA gave Elsa the wrong number and contact address for the office. They probably haven't had a Ceremony round here for a longtime anyway, and its got the council all confused, poor souls. :rolleyes:

Blimey for the Missus she was part of a production line. THe room was packed for the cermony seems Elsa maybe a VIP:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lizaphil
12th October 2009, 20:52

wow congrats both of you,
i am applying mine next year

vbkelly
13th October 2009, 06:59

Pete

imagine how quick the time is? so its your turn mrs gina b anyway congratz elsa n rob time to go around the world guys.

kimmi
13th October 2009, 09:48
Congrats sis Elsa and Mod Rob..:)

walesrob
13th October 2009, 09:57
time to go around the world guys.

We'd love to, but moneys a bit tight after paying £720 + £77.50 passport. Nothing left to pay for travelling. :doh:icon_lol: Maybe next year.

Elsa has her Citizenship Ceremony today (phoned yesterday and got an a time slot for today at 11), I'll put some pics in the gallery later.

walesrob
13th October 2009, 09:57
Congrats sis Elsa and Mod Rob..:)

Thanks Kimmi :)

marlyn&kenny
13th October 2009, 11:40

wow!!! congratulations

walesrob
13th October 2009, 12:17
Wow that was quick!

We arrived at the new Ceredigion County Council headquarters in Aberystwyth at exactly 11am, and the whole thing was done in just 10 minutes.

As I predicted, Elsa was the only person in the Ceremony, in fact the Registrar told me that they only do 1 or 2 a month in Ceredigion.

The ceremony was very simple - into the Registrars office (just Elsa and I and the Registrar), did the oath and pledge, sign certificate and hand over the welcome pack, then all done. We had the pictures taken (in the gallery now) then that was it - all of 10 minutes. No mayor, no important person, no free gifts, just a simple ceremony.

Now for the passport application!

joebloggs
13th October 2009, 18:24
As I predicted, Elsa was the only person in the Ceremony, in fact the Registrar told me that they only do 1 or 2 a month in Ceredigion.

a private ceremony at the standard price :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the ceremony my misses went to at Salford, there must have been 50+ people getting their citizenship certs, and took a long time...

Peanutz
13th October 2009, 19:23
Congrats to you both!

And by the way, thank you to you Joe for the information you provided regarding when to apply for ILR. I got mine with no big fuss!

joebloggs
13th October 2009, 22:47
Congrats to you both!

And by the way, thank you to you Joe for the information you provided regarding when to apply for ILR. I got mine with no big fuss!

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
hardly anyone is refused ILR so you had nothing really to worry about :D

walesrob
30th October 2009, 19:30
Blimey, how fast is that?

She had her passport interview only 2 days ago - Wednesday 9am, and despite the post strike (but normal post here) her British Passport arrived this morning - Friday 8.20am.... Hooray! :)

So from application for Citizenship to having the passport in her hand, thats exactly 6 weeks :BouncyHappy: I was expecting at least 2 - 3 months for the whole process. Now we need some money to book a flight to somewhere. :icon_lol:

somebody
30th October 2009, 23:28
Blimey, how fast is that?

She had her passport interview only 2 days ago - Wednesday 9am, and despite the post strike (but normal post here) her British Passport arrived this morning - Friday 8.20am.... Hooray! :)

So from application for Citizenship to having the passport in her hand, thats exactly 6 weeks :BouncyHappy: I was expecting at least 2 - 3 months for the whole process. Now we need some money to book a flight to somewhere. :icon_lol:

Im not sureabout Wales but i understand the passports are delivered by a seperate company (sms i think ) as the Wifes passport was delivered and then a little later that day the regular post dropped though th eletter box.

In some areas I understand they will need you to sign and the wife said a friend at work had a photo taken :Erm:

Great news and Bon Voyage our first no scghen visa holiday was great and hope yours is as good if not better than ours was:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
31st October 2009, 04:14
Happy travelling...There's a big world out there. :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Gavanddal
5th November 2009, 10:21
Well done to Elsa Rob. Daryl Lynn has her citizenship and passport too. To think how far they've come since they met in the CFO in Cebu.

Now they're not "bloody foreigners" anymore :icon_lol:

I hope you enjoy lots of nice holidays outside the "Republic of Wales" on her new passport.