PDA

View Full Version : Burried or cremation?

pennybarry
1st October 2009, 07:20
I've watched " British Way of Death" last night and I had nightmare sleep. :bigcry:
They asked people what to choose, cremation or burried?:omg: They showed the bones after first cremation and cremated for the 2nd time to become ashes?
We have seldom cremation in Pinas and this is my first time to watch how to cremate. When I fast asleep, I couldn't move my body and I couldn't hear my words while talking. Thanks I was able to wake up and drink water.:D
It was nightmare sleep:doh:bigcry:
I hate horror movies:icon_lol:

Which will you choose, cremation or burried? :omg::omg::omg:

aromulus
1st October 2009, 07:28
It is not normally a thought I would entertain at this time of the morning.....:omg:

KeithD
1st October 2009, 08:31
It is not normally a thought I would entertain at this time of the morning.....:omg:
I thought the normal way for Italians was being buried in foundations! :D

I already have a plot at Anfield cemetery! :yikes:

aromulus
1st October 2009, 08:35
I thought the normal way for Italians was being buried in foundations! :D

:yikes:

As aggregate in new road building....:D

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 09:50
Cheery post :icon_lol: could be worse,I once visited the worlds largest open air crematorium,the burning ghats on the banks of the Ganges,I was a kid so the sight didnt register/phase me one iota but now that mortality is occassionally a fleeting thought I do wonder would I rather have flames licking at my face than maggots :Erm:
Back in the early 1990's I saw a sky burial on the Tibetan plateau and always wanted to visit the fabled badjao isla muerte where the corpses are laid out on a white spit of sand in the south china sea to decompose but I never got the opportunity to do that,get burnt pen gas mark 6 for 45 minutes,done to a crisp,then you can rise phoenix like from the ashes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kenny
1st October 2009, 10:47
I dont like the thought of being eatan by insects, so i think probably i would go for cremation.

KeithD
1st October 2009, 11:00
cremation, the thought of being buried alive scares me, because if you were, there would be no way of getting out, so you would die a long painful death, so definatly cremation
So you can be burned alive? :Erm:

pumpkins
1st October 2009, 11:13
i would like to be buried in the iceB)

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 11:23
They do space burials nowadays,or turn your corpse into a diamond :Erm:

Arthur Little
1st October 2009, 12:14
Most of my immediate relatives ... including my late first wife ... opted for cremation in recent years. But, to be honest, I cannot quite make up MY mind :NoNo: ... all the more so since this practice is extremely uncommon in the Phils, and I am now married to a Filipina.

At the age of sixty-five, I'm becoming ever-more conscious of my [fairly] "imminent" mortality :cwm24: - yet the thought of what will happen to me after my death scares me, as I do not like the very notion of either of the customary methods used for the body's disposal.

Cryogenics? (as mentioned by Pumpkins) ... now there's an :idea:!

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 12:34
Cryogenic suspension?I guess we all better get chest-freezers in the garage :) You can still apply to get buried at sea in the UK :)

KeithD
1st October 2009, 12:39
:doh Stupid English men!!! No need to answer the question, are wifey will eat us :xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
1st October 2009, 13:35
Does it matter? We aint gonna know too much about it.

Arthur Little
1st October 2009, 13:47
Does it matter? We aint gonna know too much about it.

True ... :iagree:! But even so, the mere prospect of the average human ... who, in all likelihood, has spent 80, 90 - or [if he/she is lucky!] - one hundred years on this planet ... being reduced to ashes in around 2 hours, is horrifying! :cwm24:

Sophie
1st October 2009, 14:07

Cremation for me......

triple5
1st October 2009, 14:25
True ... :iagree:! But even so, the mere prospect of the average human ... who, in all likelihood, has spent 80, 90 - or [if he/she is lucky!] - one hundred years on this planet ... being reduced to ashes in around 2 hours, is horrifying! :cwm24:

I guess there's no real pleasant way of disposing of a corpse. Whatever happened to good old fashioned mummification anyway? :Erm::)

pumpkins
1st October 2009, 14:46

but before that, i would like to donate my eyes , my kidney or any other parts which could possibly give to those who need it.. just except for the heart:NoNo:

aromulus
1st October 2009, 17:20

but before that, i would like to donate my eyes , my kidney or any other parts which could possibly give to those who need it.. just except for the heart:NoNo:

If you mean cryogenics, then the statement in your second post would defeat the objective of the exercise, I reckon....:doh

KeithD
1st October 2009, 17:37
If you mean cryogenics, then the statement in your second post would defeat the objective of the exercise, I reckon....:doh
Sell them while you're alive and make use of the money :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
1st October 2009, 17:45
Cremation for me......

Crisps anyone....??:Erm:

Arthur Little
1st October 2009, 19:26
Whatever happened to good old fashioned mummification anyway? :Erm::)

Yup! Now THERE'S ANOTHER good :idea: that crossed MY mind too!! Rather like the ancient Pharos in Egypt ...

Sophie
1st October 2009, 19:28

:yikes::yikes::yikes::omg::omg::omg: LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

GaryFifer
1st October 2009, 19:35
I would not want that thing that has recently appeared. Plastination is a controversial subject, but fascinating as well. What is your view? The body world exhibition is still doing the rounds and proves popular for educating people on the human body. Not sure I'd want my dead body in it.
Body world (http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/prelude/human_saga.html)

PDF guide for BODY World (http://www.bodyworlds.com/Downloads/englisch/Exhibition/free%20Material/Guides/BW_EduGuide_5-8.pdf)

Arthur Little
1st October 2009, 19:39
Yup! Now THERE'S ANOTHER good :idea: that crossed MY mind too!! Rather like the ancient Pharos in Egypt ...

:Erm: ... only thing IS, in MY case, a gender change would be needed ... for a DADDY to become a MUMMY! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
1st October 2009, 19:40

'Baked ... not FRIED!' (as it says on the packets of the "new improved" mini cheddars) :icon_lol:

aromulus
1st October 2009, 20:05
'Baked ... not FRIED!' (as it says on the packets of the "new improved" mini cheddars) :icon_lol:

Does the wife know that you are still up and about without supervision...???:Erm:

GaryFifer
1st October 2009, 20:06
Does the wife know that you are still up and about without supervision...???:Erm:

His supervision does not work any more. CAN YOU READ NOW

LadyJ
1st October 2009, 21:08

Me - mummyfied:Erm:

bornatbirth
1st October 2009, 21:26
as long as im dead either will do :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Sophie
1st October 2009, 21:29

LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

JimOttley
1st October 2009, 23:09
They do space burials nowadays,or turn your corpse into a diamond :Erm:

I rather like that idea but the resulting diamonds seem a bit large for industrial diamonds (lifegem.com) :Erm:

But then I don't know a great deal about the advances in recent years.

Personally I want to be buried, preferably in the Phils beside the rest of our family, I have been there on All Saints day, if I am buried in the Phils I will never be alone :)

Ultimately our sun will cremate us all, I can wait a few billion years before my elementary particles end up in a white dwarf or get blown away in the final breaths of the suns solar wind in its red giant stage.

Sadly our sun is not big enough to become a supernova which could blast all of our constituent parts back out into the universe for a further cycle of creation.

Wait a good bit longer and the 'Big Rip' will get even the cold black remains of burnt out stars like ours :D

Jim

Florge
2nd October 2009, 05:05
i would want to be cremated... but if the people (family) left behind would opt to bury me, what could a dead woman do?

ah! resurrect and haunt them! LOL.. oh boy.. i don't want to be a ghost... yaips!

pennybarry
2nd October 2009, 07:31

Why? This time of global warming, more and more countries are aware. Ice start melting from places close to equator:D.

Cremation for me......

:omg:. I remember my friend, he was cremated in Pinas and I missed it. Some people choose to be cremated. :)

You can apply now to be a donor.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: ... only thing IS, in MY case, a gender change would be needed ... for a DADDY to become a MUMMY! :icon_lol:

You made me laugh daddy mummy Arthur:icon_lol:

That's good idea. The most wealthiest man in Laguna was mummyfied. He was a Yulo family member and displayed in his place. All his clan still see his remain.:)

i don't want to be a ghost... yaips!

I would like to be a ghost and invisible.:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

KeithD
2nd October 2009, 08:48
If that's in a bikini you'll still be getting visitors in 1000's of years! :D

LadyJ
2nd October 2009, 18:55
If that's in a bikini you'll still be getting visitors in 1000's of years! :D

I don't mind...as long they pay a money of every minute of lookin at me:D

Tawi2
2nd October 2009, 19:20
You could always have your coffin suspended on the cliffs at Sagada :)

jimeve
2nd October 2009, 19:39
I don't mind...as long they pay a money of every minute of lookin at me:D

can you post some more, please. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd October 2009, 19:40
The next time I attend a cremation, I'm going to sneak some microwave popcorn into the coffin :rolleyes:

lizaphil
2nd October 2009, 20:56

:Erm::Erm:

KeithD
2nd October 2009, 20:57
So she can be a polar bears ice lolly :)

LadyJ
2nd October 2009, 20:57
The next time I attend a cremation, I'm going to sneak some microwave popcorn into the coffin :rolleyes:

But they don't cremate the coffin, only the body? isn't it?:Erm:

KeithD
2nd October 2009, 20:59
Depends if the cremator is on the fiddle :rolleyes:

Tawi2
2nd October 2009, 21:01
In the Philippines they have the renta-coffin cremation system,cant remember the rental price but it does happen,here in the UK your burnt in your box,we dont have rentals :icon_lol:

pumpkins
3rd October 2009, 02:31
So she can be a polar bears ice lolly :)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
the penguins will be around me:icon_lol:

pennybarry
3rd October 2009, 07:25

They burn including the casket Bb. J:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ynU6aTzac .

In the Philippines they have the renta-coffin cremation system,cant remember the rental price but it does happen,here in the UK your burnt in your box,we dont have rentals :icon_lol:

When my friend cremated, I was not in Pinas so I have no idea about that Tawi. My friend was obese and they can't find a box that will suit him so his mom ordered to cremate him and keep the ashes with her.