PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm.. Filipino Hotdogs

Northerner
1st October 2009, 02:40
Quick question.

Do the red hotdogs in the Philippines contain worm meat?

Hmmmmmmm... :Erm:

aromulus
1st October 2009, 06:11
Quick question.

No, as far as I know....:Erm:

Only lips and :butthead:holes....:omg:

:D

pumpkins
1st October 2009, 06:16
Quick question.

yes my sister told me it contains worm coz she always see me eating hotdog
well.. its one of my favorite to eat:D

KeithD
1st October 2009, 08:40
The hotdog itself is not red, just the casing the meat is in. The casing is coloured with Red Dye #2 which is now banned in EU & USA as it is related to stomach cancer.

They do not contain worms! :doh

aromulus
1st October 2009, 08:48
If in doubt, don't eat the stuff....:D

I must admit that while there, I never ate local processed meats of any description.:NoNo:

As I didn't think that the Imodium would have coped with that....:omg:

KeithD
1st October 2009, 08:50
As I didn't think that the Imodium would have coped with that....:omg:
I find shoving a whole bog roll up my :action-smiley-081: before eating foreign stuff helps soak it up! :cwm24:

Ayjay
1st October 2009, 10:59
Quick question.

OF COURSE NOT.... only real dogs...

AJ

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 11:05
Quick question.

Only the best quality worms,nice juicy red wigglers or brandlings :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
1st October 2009, 16:11
Quick question.

It's a myth, not true.....
This rumor about red hotdogs containing cultured worms have been going on for as long as i can remember, which the experts already disproved long time.....

Northerner
1st October 2009, 19:32
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Just as I thought! But with a couple of members stating that they were, I didn't fancy taking the risk. But as they are have a banned colouring, might just give them a miss anyway :)

GaryFifer
1st October 2009, 19:57
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Just as I thought! But with a couple of members stating that they were, I didn't fancy taking the risk. But as they are have a banned colouring, might just give them a miss anyway :)

Why you worried - in Manchester are you sure you eat pig blood?

Northerner
1st October 2009, 20:14
Why you worried - in Manchester are you sure you eat pig blood?

You never know, considering those black puddings come from Bury! :)

bornatbirth
1st October 2009, 20:18
they are quite nice hotdogs,i like them.

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 20:33
I think its just an urban legend like formaldehyde in the San Miguel :Erm:

Northerner
1st October 2009, 20:47

Formaldehyde in San Miguel:omg:

I shall test this out myself! And report after scientifically sampling numberous examples :D

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 20:51
Well,they say adding the embalming fluids keeps a person young :Erm:I dont drink so I never tested it but the smell made me feel a little woozy :Cuckoo:

bornatbirth
1st October 2009, 20:51
Formaldehyde in San Miguel:omg:

I shall test this out myself! And report after scientifically sampling numberous examples :D

can you test how many bottles you can drink before you will propose to a ladyboy :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Northerner
1st October 2009, 20:56
can you test how many bottles you can drink before you will propose to a ladyboy :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

More than it takes to make me fall into a coma :)

LadyJ
1st October 2009, 21:03
i love hotdogs:xxgrinning--00xx3: yum!

bornatbirth
1st October 2009, 21:07
i love hotdogs:xxgrinning--00xx3: yum!

so do i with lots of onions and mustard :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
1st October 2009, 21:09
so do i with lots of onions and mustard :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Me - with ketchup... i also love hotdogs with cheese in it.

Northerner
1st October 2009, 21:11
A Buddhist in New York goes to a hotdog vendor. And asks "Make me one with everything?"

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 21:12
A Buddhist in New York goes to a hotdog vendor. And asks "Make me one with everything?"

Very good:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
1st October 2009, 21:15
The same Buddhist gets his hotdog and hands over $10. After a few minutes standing there, the Buddhist asks "Where is my change?"

"Ahhh..." says the vendor "Change comes from within!"

Tawi2
1st October 2009, 21:23
The same Buddhist gets his hotdog and hands over $10. After a few minutes standing there, the Buddhist asks "Where is my change?"

You bought a joke book or you just have leftovers from christmas crackers :icon_lol:

Sophie
1st October 2009, 21:24

LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol:

JimOttley
2nd October 2009, 00:17

I'm not too keen on the colouring but they always end up in Filipino spaghetti in our house, I am not concerned about them being part of my diet at my age (they are tasty enough) but it does concern me that the kids eat this stuff although I probably had just a dangerous diet as a kid in Scotland.

Jim

JimOttley
2nd October 2009, 00:38

:) As a young lad I was not well off, I used to brew at home, formaldehyde is a by product of bad fermentation and a lot of beers "can" contain it.

Metabolisation of alcohol results in some aldehyde's being created in the bloodstream this is part of the hangover. That plus my home brew could often result is a serious headache :D and I was a very careful brewer from the sterilization viewpoint. :)

My dad was a chemist (Pharmacist) he used to tell me lots of stuff like this although undoubtedly a lot of it will be out of date now or just badly remembered by me.

I think San Miguel Light (lager) is fairly clean you can drink ten of the things for 200 peso still be sober and still feel fine the next day, San Miguel from the dark bottles is foul though.

Red Horse at similar peso is another matter altogether :D

Jim

SteveL
2nd October 2009, 17:19
You never know, considering those black puddings come from Bury! :)

And blooming nice they are too! The black pudding stall on Bury market sells them hot in a muffin with piccalily for a quid. Yummy. But dont buy the ones without fat - dont taste as nice. If anyone's looking for it, it's next to the tripe stall.

Tawi2
2nd October 2009, 19:17
:) As a young lad I was not well off, I used to brew at home, formaldehyde is a by product of bad fermentation and a lot of beers "can" contain it.

Metabolisation of alcohol results in some aldehyde's being created in the bloodstream this is part of the hangover. That plus my home brew could often result is a serious headache :D and I was a very careful brewer from the sterilization viewpoint. :)

My dad was a chemist (Pharmacist) he used to tell me lots of stuff like this although undoubtedly a lot of it will be out of date now or just badly remembered by me.

I think San Miguel Light (lager) is fairly clean you can drink ten of the things for 200 peso still be sober and still feel fine the next day, San Miguel from the dark bottles is foul though.

Red Horse at similar peso is another matter altogether :D

Jim
I would put 200 pesos bet I couldnt drink one bottle never mind 10,no alcohol tolerance whatsoever,gimmee a can of coke or a cup of tea any day of the week :icon_lol: You were a moonshiner huh?:icon_lol:

jimeve
2nd October 2009, 19:27
I think San Miguel Light (lager) is fairly clean you can drink ten of the things for 200 peso still be sober and still feel fine the next day

Jim

San Miguel light gives me bad heartburn, so dose cider and alco pops, something they put in, yet I drink san mig pilson,no problems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

JimOttley
2nd October 2009, 20:03
I would put 200 pesos bet I couldnt drink one bottle never mind 10,no alcohol tolerance whatsoever,gimmee a can of coke or a cup of tea any day of the week :icon_lol: You were a moonshiner huh?:icon_lol:

I sometimes wish I had never started :)

Aye I was a moonshiner :D or at least a beer moonshiner :D I can't do spirits at all I don't like whisky, vodka or any really strong drinks apart from a good bottle of Rioja.

Jim

JimOttley
2nd October 2009, 20:14
San Miguel light gives me bad heartburn, so dose cider and alco pops, something they put in, yet I drink san mig pilson,no problems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's funny I was always a drinker of dark beers "Heavy" as we Scots call it, also bitter or a good real ale when I was in England but about 5 years ago while I was in the Phils I became a lager drinker :Erm: my Scottish pals think I'm a Philistine these days :D

Jim

GaryFifer
2nd October 2009, 20:20
Would you buy from a stall called... DOG EAT DOG?

JimOttley
2nd October 2009, 23:36
Would you buy from a stall called... DOG EAT DOG?

Hmmmm.... Interesting a UK based low budget attempt at a franchise :icon_lol:

Probably not Gary but good luck to them :D