PDA

View Full Version : BaD Week

jguanlao
30th September 2009, 00:12
I'm so :cwm23:!!
Here at work now, taking my break after having a very bad start
Night at work. For sure u would hardly believe what I'm gonna share why I'm so :cwm23:! I've been working in this nursing home for 7 or 8 mons now. There are some things that are really not right like not enough no of staff, in some worst day We suffers from short staff! That we have to do the job of the missing carer. Others are not following some health and safety, the using of old manual hoist! And Some are deffective! But I could live with that, this is not a perfect world anyway but tonight is really terrible!! Imagine, this is happening since Sunday. I can't believe that they haven't done any actions upto today! As of now we only have 10pairs of gloves. Which was only given by one of the day staff. ( which is his own gloves came from his own pocket!) we are 3carers At night and we have 39 residents to be checked every 2 hrs it will include changing their pads and if they messed up of cors we need to clean it. Plus we still have to give hygiene to 4residents later in the morning! And we only have 10pairs of gloves! Well Just use ur imagination how wer gonna do that!

GaryFifer
30th September 2009, 00:34
Buy some bleach.

whiteraven
30th September 2009, 06:59
is this a pvt nursing home? an ex of mine used to work as a carer in one and it sounds just the same,less concern about the residents or staff and more about profit. :angry:

jguanlao
30th September 2009, 08:23
is this a pvt nursing home? an ex of mine used to work as a carer in one and it sounds just the same,less concern about the residents or staff and more about profit. :angry:

Not pvt. And ur ex is right! They don't care much to us.:angry:

KeithD
30th September 2009, 08:39
Not pvt. And ur ex is right! They don't care much to us.:angry:
Depends where you work, just change homes, not that difficult these days once you've had experience in one. Always plenty of jobs in the care industry as English folk don't like cleaning ass :action-smiley-081:

whiteraven
30th September 2009, 13:57
good advice as win says there are plenty of homes looking for people like you. have you tried ganging up on your supervisor to air your problems? if that doesnt work send an anonymous letter to your local authority in charge of the home or better still join a union:D

joebloggs
1st October 2009, 19:51
Depends where you work, just change homes, not that difficult these days once you've had experience in one. Always plenty of jobs in the care industry as English folk don't like cleaning ass :action-smiley-081:

your right about finding another care home, my moms in a decent one, and there are many english folk working in it :rolleyes