PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am British with a Filipino Finacee

bhaexpress
10th November 2006, 16:13
Hello folks, I'm a British man who has a Filipina as his better half. She works in Abu Dhabi but doesn't plan to stay there much longer. We'll going to The Philippines together in January for a few weeks and we'll decided where we want to live. I am in two minds because although I am a very experienced IT professional I find work quite hard to come by here as I am considered both too old and too experienced. However I don't think it'll be any better down there. My other half has never been here but wants to come. She doesn't seem too keen to live back in The Philippines though.

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

scotsfiancee
10th November 2006, 16:19
Bha welcome to this site!!!

Well first, i will say keep on reading in forum and also PETE's site (http://www.british-filipino.com), every bit of the information you would like to know is there.

So goodluck to your lady and have fun in PI

cheers :Hellooo:

eljean
10th November 2006, 16:29
:) welcome to the filipino uk a very informative website in the face of computer lol:D :D :D :D for those who have their better half in the uk you just got the right place to be as one.....:icon_lol: just keep on reading post here:xxgrinning--00xx3: you get a hands full of info...keep posted:Hellooo:

:BouncyHappy: :Rasp: :) :icon_lol: :rolleyes:

KeithD
10th November 2006, 17:33
I'm a British man

Not EUROPEAN then?? :D

bhaexpress
10th November 2006, 19:14
Nope clearly British ! Actually I have spent a fair amount of time in the US and Europe having worked in both but I've never seen the South Pacific. I think one of the stumbling blocks with my Fiancee is the influence of the Catholic Church. Ireland used to be like that but a recent visit to Dublin surprised me to see adverts on TV for abortion clinics. That lace has changed.

As it is I will point this site out to her so she can see for herself. There are some Filipinos living around here and she found out recently that a very dear friend live a few miles from me. Still I'll be watching this site for tips !