PDA

View Full Version : we need help asap!

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 16:01
hi guys..my boyfriend wants to work here asap..what could be the requirements for him to be able to work here?..i mean does he needs to ask permission from the uk government..he is half filipino and half british but he was born and raised as a british..highly appreciated if you will reply asap..sorry for the rush..thanks so much..

darren-b
24th September 2009, 16:06
Do you mean he wants to work in the Philippines? If so he does not have to ask permission from the Uk government. Does he hold Philippines citizenship?

Bluebirdjones
24th September 2009, 16:08
HERE ?

Philippines ? UK ?

He certainly needs NO Permission from the UK Goverment / Agencies to work
overseas.

Also if he's half/half .... he has dual nationality ? 2 passports ?
If so, with a Filipino passport, what's to stop him working in the Philippines ?

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 16:20
Do you mean he wants to work in the Philippines? If so he does not have to ask permission from the Uk government. Does he hold Philippines citizenship?

thanks..yes he wants to work here in the philippines..he's not holding a filipino citizenship..

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 16:23
HERE ?

Philippines ? UK ?

He certainly needs NO Permission from the UK Goverment / Agencies to work
overseas.

Also if he's half/half .... he has dual nationality ? 2 passports ?
If so, with a Filipino passport, what's to stop him working in the Philippines ?

he's is half half..by blood..but it is written in his birth certificate that he is british..
he doesnt have a filipino passport..where can he request that?thank you..

darren-b
24th September 2009, 16:26
he's is half half..by blood..but it is written in his birth certificate that he is british..
he doesnt have a filipino passport..where can he request that?thank you..

If entitled he should be able to aquire his Philippines citizenship through the Philippines embassy in London. Then he can apply for a Philippines passport if he wants.

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 16:34
If entitled he should be able to aquire his Philippines citizenship through the Philippines embassy in London. Then he can apply for a Philippines passport if he wants.

without all of these..would it still be possible for him to work here..lets say he will just visit and work for like 3 mos..cause i think he would still want to be pure british..

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 16:35
cause he would love to be here soon..so can he fix all the requirements while he is here?

darren-b
24th September 2009, 16:39
It's possible for him to get a work visa, though it's likely to make it more difficult for him to get a job.

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 16:49
It's possible for him to get a work visa, though it's likely to make it more difficult for him to get a job.

darren you are so helpful..i appreciate it a lot..but pardon me if i have lots of questions to spare..so what would you suggest?just get a filipino passport..cause our real plan is to be together for sometime and then apply for a visa..will the ECO still priotize our application if that will be the case?how long will it take him before he can get that passport?thanks bigtime..

Bluebirdjones
24th September 2009, 17:11
... why doesn't your bloke just call the Philippine Embassy in London tomorrow
and ask them the question .... ie "Am I eligible for, and if so, how can I apply
for a Filipino passport"

I've got a strange feeling that they might easily be able to answer his question.

http://www.philembassy-uk.org/

steadyfornow
24th September 2009, 17:29
... why doesn't your bloke just call the Philippine Embassy in London tomorrow
and ask them the question .... ie "Am I eligible for, and if so, how can I apply
for a Filipino passport"

I've got a strange feeling that they might easily be able to answer his question.

http://www.philembassy-uk.org/

good idea..will tell him that asap..thank you so much for all your help..:)

Florge
24th September 2009, 17:44
Lol ...

eleazebonares
25th September 2009, 04:04
Lol ...

haha.i kn0w. .