PDA

View Full Version : my CFO experience

Florge
24th September 2009, 13:14
well, there are posts on this before but would like to share my experience as it may be a bit different from others.

I arrived in St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation in Auror Blvd. at around 9:30, as someone mentioned here that seminar starts at 10am. I thought I was early, but I was actually late. The seminar started at 8:30am... so, I was able to see the 3rd part of the video presentation on the 2nd floor. There were about 15 to 20 women there, most of them are on a spouse/fiancee visa. Actually, St. Mary Euphrasia only accepts attendees on a spouse/fiancee visa, since the OFWs are only accommodated in the Manila office.

The video was over at around 10:30.. then there was a few minutes of Q&A about the video.. then the facilitator talked about visa and what to expect when you arrive in your "port of call". Then we went down to the 1st floor and we were interviewed one-on-one.

The reason why some women were asked about partner's middle name, or postal code, or partner's school... is because they were not able to fill-out this part of the form. I wasn't asked these questions because I answered all the items in the forms they gave out. So, if you're going to answer the forms, make sure that you answer everything so that they won't ask too many questions.

Thanks to PAT for telling me to bring 3 photocopies of my passport and visa. They have asked me for it. They didn't ask for my passport photo anymore. They have a camera already where they'll take your picture (this process reminds me of when you get your NBI clearance). Of course, you'll need to prepare 650 for the costs.. plus a few pesos for the photocopy. You will need to photocopy the forms you filled out and the blue certificate that they'll give you.. it cost me 12 pesos. Oh, don't forget to bring your original passport.

The entire thing ended at noon... not bad... not boring as well... I met a Filipina who'll be bound do Debyshire.. hehehe.. made friends there too..

Oh my... I should run for president... :icon_lol:

I hope this information helps.

Florge
24th September 2009, 13:16
oh.. and, they didn't ask for a photo of me and fiance together... but I still brought some just in case.

PAT
24th September 2009, 13:46
well, there are posts on this before but would like to share my experience as it may be a bit different from others.

I arrived in St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation in Auror Blvd. at around 9:30, as someone mentioned here that seminar starts at 10am. I thought I was early, but I was actually late. The seminar started at 8:30am... so, I was able to see the 3rd part of the video presentation on the 2nd floor. There were about 15 to 20 women there, most of them are on a spouse/fiancee visa. Actually, St. Mary Euphrasia only accepts attendees on a spouse/fiancee visa, since the OFWs are only accommodated in the Manila office.

The video was over at around 10:30.. then there was a few minutes of Q&A about the video.. then the facilitator talked about visa and what to expect when you arrive in your "port of call". Then we went down to the 1st floor and we were interviewed one-on-one.

The reason why some women were asked about partner's middle name, or postal code, or partner's school... is because they were not able to fill-out this part of the form. I wasn't asked these questions because I answered all the items in the forms they gave out. So, if you're going to answer the forms, make sure that you answer everything so that they won't ask too many questions.

Thanks to PAT for telling me to bring 3 photocopies of my passport and visa. They have asked me for it. They didn't ask for my passport photo anymore. They have a camera already where they'll take your picture (this process reminds me of when you get your NBI clearance). Of course, you'll need to prepare 650 for the costs.. plus a few pesos for the photocopy. You will need to photocopy the forms you filled out and the blue certificate that they'll give you.. it cost me 12 pesos. Oh, don't forget to bring your original passport.

The entire thing ended at noon... not bad... not boring as well... I met a Filipina who'll be bound do Debyshire.. hehehe.. made friends there too..

Oh my... I should run for president... :icon_lol:

I hope this information helps.

Hello Florge, so nice to hear you done the cfo seminar smoothly, and i think you got mixed up,it was scottishbride post the 3 photocopies of passport and visa,I did the same thing as you,but I didn't mention about photo copies thinking you have read already using search function.Well looking forward for your post telling us you are with you fiance/husband in UK:):):)...Have a safe flight.

PAT
24th September 2009, 13:50
oh.. and, they didn't ask for a photo of me and fiance together... but I still brought some just in case.

Good girl:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:,better to have extra documents ready as what we observe cfo things not firm with regards about requirements....

Florge
24th September 2009, 13:54
oh okay.. was it scottishbride ba? LOL.. sorry...

well anyway, thanks to both of you!

PAT
24th September 2009, 14:01
oh okay.. was it scottishbride ba? LOL.. sorry...

well anyway, thanks to both of you!

You are welcome :):):)

jonathan47
16th November 2009, 12:35
is the cfo run everyday for fiance visa to england or just tuesday and thursdays ?
i though i read somewhere here it was everyday but cant find it anybody know ?

regards
jonathan

abby
16th November 2009, 12:45
its mondays to fridays...

jonathan47
16th November 2009, 15:58
abby thanks and do ou just turn up or have to ring for appointment
thabks for your help

j

abby
16th November 2009, 16:03
nope.. they have 3 sessions i guess everyday.. Mine, i attended the 1st session i think 8am, then by 11am i have my my sticker..so easy, nothing to worry.. better attend the SMEF-COW near Katipunan station, its easy there...

jonathan47
16th November 2009, 16:07
abby thanks for this annabel will be in makati is the one you mentioned the nearest and easiest ?
thanks
jj

abby
17th November 2009, 10:32
nope.. heres the address:

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, Inc.
Good Sheperd COnvent
1043 Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City
911-1814/913-6439

To go there she needs to take the LRT going to Santolan or recto Station (depends where she came from). Once she get off the LRT at katipunan station, the placeis located on the right side fronting the PSBA school, the convent is in green gate. she must log first in the guard...

If she has any queries she can phone the convent...

jonathan47
17th November 2009, 11:05
abby
thank you you are a star, annabels appointment is next week she will go to Manila on sunday to be ready, we doing lots of preparation, i hope full she will be in england by the end of the month

thanks again

jonathan

jonathan47
17th November 2009, 11:07
abby
i see you in lowestoft, not that far from where we will be , bury st edmunds maybe when annabel is here you girls could talk ?

regards
j and a

abby
17th November 2009, 11:12
that would be great.. im looking for a filipina friend here, but unlucky enough... When is she coming? Dunno that place, how far it is from my place?

I'll be glad to meet you both..

jonathan47
17th November 2009, 14:04
abby its probably 1-2hrs by car but there are rail links too, one of my concerns is that she will not have any friends here, sometimes i work 2 night shifts a week want to do everything i can to make the culture change as easy as possible, i even thinking or getting philippines tv from tv direct, its expensieve, at the moment we hope that annabel can leave philippines late next week 27/28 november

regards
jonathan

abby
17th November 2009, 15:02
theres a train going to your place.. im just new here just 6 weeks so it would be nice to be her friends sharing our complains, hehehe..just kidding....

oh, ill be happy to met here, please do... let me know once she arrived and lets arrange everything...

jonathan47
17th November 2009, 20:20
abby, will do i will be talking to annabel later tonight 8am filipino time, she will be excited to meet you, keep your fingers crossed for her interview at the embassy monday

take care and hope you 2 can get together soon

regards

j & a

abby
17th November 2009, 21:51
goodluck to her interview.. tell her to relax everything will be fine...

im excited to met her...

Godbless!