PDA

View Full Version : visa application

ukalan
24th September 2009, 12:11
My fiance has 2 children 2 and 5.
I dont have work right now.
So in order to apply for her visa 1 I understand I need a job? Is there a period of time or minimum time for holding that job before Iwe're allowed to apply?

Can she be sponsered by someone else on a fiance visa if I dont have a job?

Its unlikley I will be able to afford to bring her and the children as quickly as her alone due to the added cost of flights (what extra do 2 dependants on a marrage or fiance visa cost?) So she suggested I bring her first and we save together both working. Do you have to pay again from fiance visa to marrage visa? If so does it pay to get married first and apply first time for that?

I read that you caNT change a visa from within UK but surely from fiance to marrage visa is an exception?

Im sure I have more questions but cant think of them right now

Florge
24th September 2009, 12:42
you should at least supply 6 months worth of payslips.. and good bank statements...

mike1
24th September 2009, 13:29
Fiancee visa is a marriage visa , .She comes here for 6 months in which time you have to get married . No marriage and she goes home . You have to show you can support her for that 6 months as she is not allowed to work . You can get married in the P I but still have to get a visa to come here as your wife , but she is allowed to work when she gets here . There are pros and cons to both ways of doing it .Hope this is of some help :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aphrodite78
24th September 2009, 15:36
you should at least supply 6 months worth of payslips.. and good bank statements...

I agree with Florge that you need the above to secure her visa; if she is on fiancee visa not too sure whether she could work until she gets her spouse visa. ECO would want to see that she will not be a burden to the government hence they require these. What's your plan anyway? Are you intending to get married in the Phils or here? Either way you need a job to show that you could support them. Goodluck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
24th September 2009, 15:42
if she applies for fianee visa, she can't work until the FLR is released and marriage has taken place...

Bluebirdjones
24th September 2009, 16:05
a VERY VERY edited version ....

You apply for a fiance visa (£585) :yikes:
It gets granted & she arrives.
Within the 6mnths of the visa being granted you have to get married.
After the marriage, you apply for the FLR (£485) :yikes:
The FLR gets granted.
She can then work/apply for a National Insurance number. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
24th September 2009, 17:44
a VERY VERY edited version ....

You apply for a fiance visa (£585) :yikes:
It gets granted & she arrives.
Within the 6mnths of the visa being granted you have to get married.
After the marriage, you apply for the FLR (£485) :yikes:
The FLR gets granted.
She can then work/apply for a National Insurance number. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you marry in Phils and she comes here on a spouse visa then you skip the FLR (Further Leave to Remain) application and fee so it's much cheaper overall if you marry in Phils. On top of that she is allowed to work in the UK from the days she arrives.

Iain.

ukalan
1st October 2009, 09:05

If you apply with out 6 months of payslips will it be rejected and loose your £600 payment?

whiteraven
1st October 2009, 18:06
ukulan you are in the same situation i was in when i married maria last december hence the reason i am only just now applying for her spousal visa. you will need a continous job record for six months plus a good bank record and savings to have any chance of getting them here and yes you would lose your fee if you fail. sounds hard i know but those are the requirements im afraid. good luck to you in the future.

ukalan
2nd October 2009, 11:14
Would it create a big problem if she came over her self for the fiance visa and left the children to organise their visas after she was married and settled here? She wants to leave them for a few months with her mother...

ukalan
2nd October 2009, 11:25
Whats the best plan on bringing over the children? She wants to leave them with her mother until her marrage visa is all fixed up then get them after. Would that create any problems?

ukalan
2nd October 2009, 11:52
Whats the best plan on bringing over the children? She wants to leave them with her mother until her marrage visa is all fixed up then get them. Would that create any problems?

IainBusby
2nd October 2009, 20:17
Whats the best plan on bringing over the children? She wants to leave them with her mother until her marrage visa is all fixed up then get them. Would that create any problems?

That's what my wife and I did and as long as you don't leave it too long before you apply for a visas for them it's not usually a problem. It would also be wise to mention that you eventually intend to bring them to the UK to join you in the letter of support that accompanies your wife's visa application.
Iain.