PDA

View Full Version : hello every1

jayupnorth
10th November 2006, 01:08
hi im jay from lancashire,this is my first post,i would like to thank you for a great website,i am going to cebu in march,and would like some travel advice before i go ,cos ive been before,for now i will carry on browsing the forums for the info i seek. thanks again!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
10th November 2006, 09:47
Travel advice!

Go by plane......not cargo though, chickens can get annoying after the first 3 hours.

Glad to be of help. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

fred
10th November 2006, 11:56
Travel advice (part 2)

Dab a little antibacterial ointment on your nose to help protect you from the myriad airborne contaminants circulating in the cabin.

Wear shoes to the toilet. Bare feet and bad aim are an unpleasant combination.

scotsfiancee
10th November 2006, 12:12
hi im jay from lancashire,this is my first post,i would like to thank you for a great website,i am going to cebu in march,and would like some travel advice before i go ,cos ive been before,for now i will carry on browsing the forums for the info i seek. thanks again!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

What part in Cebu are you going anyway? Or to explore the islands there? :Erm:

Doc898
10th November 2006, 12:25
Travel advise 3

Don't forget to bring emergency tablets in case of indigestion.:yikes:

andypaul
10th November 2006, 15:32
Carry the mossie spray or cream, make sure your not allegic to it before you go. Also have some bite cream you know works and i don't know if other places carry it one of those little yellow and black electronic bite devices from boots (instead of icthing the bite you put it near and it stops the irratation.

jayupnorth
10th November 2006, 17:18
thankyou for all your replies,im going to cebu city first then im going to see my filipina friend,s family in baybay ,leyte, and then to bohol, im so looking forward to it,but ive never even been to spain!! i have being talking to my friend every day online for 8 months and she seems geniune,she,s a student at cebu banilad uni! im nervous cos i dont like flying but ive flown before,but only to europe! ....could anyone tell me if my visa electron can be used in cash machines in cebu...thanks again!

KeithD
10th November 2006, 17:28
visa electron

Problematically - Yes.......technically - No .....ask the bank to change it for a Visa Debit card for free.

Don't take £'s or traveller's cheques......$$$$$$ only.

jayupnorth
10th November 2006, 17:33
thanks! i will aply for a visa debit card,im not to keen on credit cards cos ive learned my lesson with them!

scotsfiancee
10th November 2006, 17:44
thankyou for all your replies,im going to cebu city first then im going to see my filipina friend,s family in baybay ,leyte, and then to bohol, im so looking forward to it,but ive never even been to spain!! i have being talking to my friend every day online for 8 months and she seems geniune,she,s a student at cebu banilad uni

I know that school...... so shes just near in banilad. Have alook in BTC

im nervous cos i dont like flying but ive flown before,but only to europe! ....could anyone tell me if my visa electron can be used in cash machines in cebu...thanks again!

Keith is right, just don't take traveller's check like visa coz it will cause you prob, only Thomas Cook can change that unlike american express travellers check!
But anyway alot of cash machines in there, no need for bodyguards :D

fred
10th November 2006, 19:36
I was very surprised to see the visa electron sign just about everywhere last year in Manila & Cebu. Take it with you.
The best cards Im told are from Nationwide as there are no charges for withdrawing from ATM`s anywhere in the world plus they give you best rates.

Don't take £'s or traveller's cheques......$$$$$$ only.
Why shouldn`t he take good ole POUNDS?
I always have and never had exchange rate problems.

jayupnorth
10th November 2006, 20:04
cheers fred and thanks to all of you for the info! im so glad ive found this site,i been browsing it for several weeks to get as much info as i can about my holiday cos im not used to going abroad, im more used to going to rhyl or blackpool ! im in for a bit of a culture shock!

andypaul
10th November 2006, 21:41
cheers fred and thanks to all of you for the info! im so glad ive found this site,i been browsing it for several weeks to get as much info as i can about my holiday cos im not used to going abroad, im more used to going to rhyl or blackpool ! im in for a bit of a culture shock!

Your right Jay its a real culture shock when you first go, but your doing the right thing reading up as much as you can.

Learn about the customs, the structure and ways of the family in phill and try and learn a little language. Don't worry about verbs and all that unless you are really dedicated. But knowing your oo, hindi, kumasta and salmat po goes a long way as you can imagine.

misscarie
11th November 2006, 07:05
I know that school...... so shes just near in banilad. Have alook in BTC

Keith is right, just don't take traveller's check like visa coz it will cause you prob, only Thomas Cook can change that unlike american express travellers check!
But anyway alot of cash machines in there, no need for bodyguards :D

hey scot musta na?i am ok now but sometimes back aches eh...talk to yah soon.i wont be online til next month maybe lol..i turn over my units at business center last day....i was at mall whole day eh 1 to 10 pm then need rest eh...i miz yah friend.

scotsfiancee
11th November 2006, 08:20
....i was at mall whole day eh 1 to 10 pm then need rest eh...i miz yah friend.

How does it feels like? Anyways talk you soon carie, miz yah too :)

KeithD
11th November 2006, 10:10
How does it feels like? Anyways talk you soon carie, miz yah too :)

Phone her....remember.....hubbies paying now :D