PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

Shamrockdave2003
9th November 2006, 15:08
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any experience of opticians in Manila?

I need to get a new set of contact lenses and my GF reckons i should purchase them in Phillippines.

Any experiences??

SD

andypaul
9th November 2006, 16:12
I don't know about contact lenses but i have been thinking about getting some glasses. When we were in ATC in alabang one day i looked around an opticians seemed to be all the same brands prices seemed a little cheaper and im sure away from the bigger malls far cheaper.

But I would be careful that the products were geniue when purchasing, as we all know there are plenty of counterfiet products easily avaiable in asia. Some openly sold as fake, others not.

scotsfiancee
9th November 2006, 16:21
Try to go to Vivian Sarabia World of optics, is considered the principal eyewear stylist in the Philippines. Her keen expertise and natural instinct has made eyewear status accessories to be coveted, deliberated over, collected, and changed with the seasons.

Store Locations:

SM Megamall
Bldg. B, 3rd Floor
Bridgeway
Tel: 633-1645,
634-8013

SM Mall of Asia
Entertainment Center
(near the IMAX Theater)
Tel: 556-0399,

SM City North Edsa
Main Building, 2nd Floor
Tel: 928-6858,
927-7831

SM City San Lazaro
Unit 297-A
Sta. Cruz, Manila

SM Cubao SM Arcade
Ground Floor
Tel: 911-0530

Everybody know's her :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
9th November 2006, 16:47
Try to go to Vivian Sarabia World of optics, is considered the principal eyewear stylist in the Philippines. Her keen expertise and natural instinct has made eyewear status accessories to be coveted, deliberated over, collected, and changed with the seasons.

Store Locations:

SM Megamall
Bldg. B, 3rd Floor
Bridgeway
Tel: 633-1645,
634-8013

SM Mall of Asia
Entertainment Center
(near the IMAX Theater)
Tel: 556-0399,

SM City North Edsa
Main Building, 2nd Floor
Tel: 928-6858,
927-7831

SM City San Lazaro
Unit 297-A
Sta. Cruz, Manila

SM Cubao SM Arcade
Ground Floor
Tel: 911-0530

Everybody know's her :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cool useful info.

If everyone in phill knows her she must get a heck of a lot of cards at christmas, poor postie:furious3:

KeithD
9th November 2006, 17:40
Scots.....The Official Walking Philippine Yellow Pages :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Shamrockdave2003
10th November 2006, 00:56
Thank you Scots

mrs j english
16th November 2006, 13:18
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any experience of opticians in Manila?

I need to get a new set of contact lenses and my GF reckons i should purchase them in Phillippines.

Any experiences??

SD

I'm using contact lenses and recently I've switched to using disposable contact lenses vs. using extended wear. Usually if you go to optical shops here in the Philippines, they have computerized eye examination done first before the opthalmologist does a manual eye examination. The fee is quite minimal sometimes it's even waived if you're buying from them after the examination. B)

The price? Fairly cheap to UK price. lol I'm using Fresh Look disposable and 3 pairs comes up to around 900 pesos which is around £9.

Shamrockdave2003
17th November 2006, 15:21
How long did it take from ordering them to getting them?

mrs j english
17th November 2006, 17:57
How long did it take from ordering them to getting them?

They usually have stocks with them. Right after your eye examination, if they have your grade, you get it immediately. Since you're doing this in Manila, it won't be really a long wait for you, they're well stocked there compared to provinces. The maximum time period they give if they have to order it takes about a week.