PDA

View Full Version : Longanisa Sausage

Amaw2008
20th September 2009, 08:29
I'm afraid I don't like all Philippine foods, but I really like the taste of Longanisa sausage. Like someone once said of some illegal substance, "it hits me like a thousand orgasms". It is the combination of sweetness and spiciness which is so nice. Can anyone tell me about the different types of Longanisa, and which is the absolute best of the best?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
20th September 2009, 08:54
cant say i like it that much,i guess there are many different versions.

have you try to goggle it,maybe theres a wiki on it?

scottishbride
20th September 2009, 11:56
I'm afraid I don't like all Philippine foods, but I really like the taste of Longanisa sausage. Like someone once said of some illegal substance, "it hits me like a thousand orgasms". It is the combination of sweetness and spiciness which is so nice. Can anyone tell me about the different types of Longanisa, and which is the absolute best of the best?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Skinless, Alaminos longanisa, Garlic longanisa, ilocos longanisa.. etc.etc. :Erm:

adam&chryss
20th September 2009, 15:35
i love the smoked longanisa made from baguio :D

Amaw2008
24th September 2009, 19:27
Baguio, someone told me that that is the only cold place in the Philippines, right up in the Luzon mountains. I look forward to trying their smoked longanisa; thanks for all your posts.

Arthur Little
29th September 2009, 18:53
Baguio, that is the only cold place in the Philippines, right up in the Luzon mountains.

:Erm: So I believe! My wife formerly taught Agricultural Science at a Government High School in the southern province of Mindanao. She used to attend Teachers' Training Camps in *Baguio City, and always needed to pack her "winter woolies" :36_1_26[1]: before going there - in preparation against the contrasting temperatures. *A bit like Aberdeenshire, actually [since you "appreciated" my thread about the 'Nobel Prize'!] :icon_lol: