PDA

View Full Version : Derren Brown

ukgangster
18th September 2009, 08:09
This guy is nothing but a charlatan. Now he claims he will make us all stay on our sofas:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090918/ten-derren-brown-attempts-to-stick-peopl-ea4616c.html

Its a pretty safe bet people WILL be sitting on their sofas watching this rubbish, so theres no trick about it. :NoNo:

He says "It won't work on everybody, but it's applying what I do one on one with people on stage and turning it into a piece of technology that can then be broadcast - and it has never been done before."

"wont work on everybody" - some people will be standing, some will be sitting on the floor :doh
"technology " TV cameras and TV studio equipment? :icon_lol:
"broadcast" Eh? Transmitters that beam the picture into your home? :Rasp:

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cant fool ALL the people all the time. A bit like the Government. Maybe Derren and Gordon Brown are related. Its possible, and given that both are good at creating illusions and trying to fool people...:omg:

KeithD
18th September 2009, 08:52
He just plays on people's lack of understanding of statistics in the same way bookmakers and I do to get money out of those that don't have a clue.

bornatbirth
18th September 2009, 08:58
He just plays on people's lack of understanding of statistics in the same way bookmakers and I do to get money out of those that don't have a clue.

can you pull rabbits out of hats? :Erm:

KeithD
18th September 2009, 09:02
can you pull rabbits out of hats? :Erm:
If said rabbit is in the hat to begin with :)

somebody
19th September 2009, 13:26
Thing is he claims its all a trick so personally i got no problem with him although the Wife seems to get real annoyed with him. Which is handy as it means we can watch something else instead:D

bornatbirth
19th September 2009, 16:36
we watched it last night and i was praying my wife will be stuck to the sofa,it never worked :rolleyes:

joebloggs
19th September 2009, 17:31
we watched it last night and i was praying my wife will be stuck to the sofa,it never worked :rolleyes:

super glue is no good bornabirth, too messy, next time, do what i do, try a hammer and nails :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

Jamesey
19th September 2009, 17:32
Derrin Brown is just an illusionist, like Paul Daniels, David Copperfield and countless others.

The difference is that he dresses it up with psychology, mathematics, etc. :Cuckoo:

There is no way that he could have predicted the lottery numbers. It is simply not possible. The thing that surprises me is that so many people are gullible enough to believe it. They're probably the same people that found themselves stuck to their sofas the other night! :NoNo: :doh

Snake oil, anyone.....?

Sophie
19th September 2009, 17:37

super glue is no good bornabirth, too messy, next time, do what i do, try a hammer and nails :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
19th September 2009, 17:56
There is no way that he could have predicted the lottery numbers.....
You could try to read the quantum deviations in the quarks which would show a prevalence to a number a nanosecond before being drawn :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th September 2009, 17:57
He is a mentalist,I have his book "Tricks of the mind"he works on percentages,angles,and peoples gullibility :icon_lol:The thing is millions of people were indeed "Stuck" to their sofas................Watching his program to see if his powers of auto-suggestion worked,which they didmon the gullible who watched the program to see if it lived up to the hype,his lottery-number prediction explanation was rubbish but as long as people watch it he is making cash,as he said,its all an illusion,the general census of opinion is he used split-screen technology to "Predict" the numbers :Erm: