PDA

View Full Version : Queen Mother!!!

KeithD
17th September 2009, 20:05
She's just released a book! :omg:

Next we'll have Princess Di bringing out a range of frankincense! :cwm24:

Matt7
17th September 2009, 20:26
Our royal family would probably pimp her corpse out to necrophyliacs to fund their lavish spending. They're pretty pointless and disgusting really

Dedworth
17th September 2009, 20:44
Our royal family would probably pimp her corpse out to necrophyliacs to fund their lavish spending. They're pretty pointless and disgusting really

IMHO A pretty puerile, pointless and disgusting comment

Matt7
17th September 2009, 21:43

Behave yourself :rolleyes:

aromulus
17th September 2009, 22:46

One of the very few real British "Enterprises" that actually bring in real tangible income into this Godforsaken country, for, comparatively, very little cost, is ungratefully slagged off and insulted...:NoNo:

Off with thy head....:omg:

I share the feeling...

Matt7
17th September 2009, 23:01
One of the very few real British "Enterprises" that actually bring in real tangible income into this Godforsaken country, for, comparatively, very little cost, is ungratefully slagged off and insulted...:NoNo:

Off with thy head....:omg:

I share the feeling...

I'm not getting into an argument with an obvious loyalist and a guy who just doesn't like me. The only benefit they have is a bit of tourism, but that's debatable since I doubt many people come to England purely for the monarchy, its just one of several things. People don't just go to Rome for the Coliseum, or Paris for the Eiffel tower. I despise them for spending our taxes on private jets, elaborate parties, personal bodyguards to people 20 places away from the throne. Its an utter disgrace

It was clearly a joke, I have a dry sense of humour and said it to prove a point....people really need to lighten up

Oh and dedworth, looking at some of your older posts in the sports forum especially, I wouldn't band the term "purile" about too regularly

aromulus
17th September 2009, 23:09
I'm not getting into an argument with an obvious loyalist and a guy who just doesn't like me.

:Erm:

Loyalist... Me...???:Erm: I am not a Brit....:omg:

Not liking you...????:NoNo:

Cannot see where that one comes from....:Erm:

bornatbirth
17th September 2009, 23:17
i always liked the queen mom and releasing a book after shes been dead for a while,i give her credit for that :D

Matt7
17th September 2009, 23:18
:Erm:

Loyalist... Me...???:Erm: I am not a Brit....:omg:

Not liking you...????:NoNo:

Cannot see where that one comes from....:Erm:

You're not a Brit? Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Your location says you live in Wales, if you've ever paid taxes in the UK (which i'm assuming you have), then you've directly contributed to their private jets, bodyguards, mansions, etc. Does it not infuriate you that part of your hard earned cash is going to Prince Andrew and his family? Do Japanese tourists say to themselves...."wow, I'd really love to go to the UK to see Prince Andrew" ?

I will say, fair play to William and Harry...they seem decent. But the Queens kids are just a bunch of freeloading sponges.

dedworth doesn't like me :D Its ok, some people don't like my sense of humour and bluntness, and you can't be friends with everybody :)

bornatbirth
17th September 2009, 23:20

:icon_lol: this is what i will be thinking about ur next thread :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
17th September 2009, 23:21
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

:icon_lol:

Dedworth
17th September 2009, 23:26
I'm not getting into an argument with an obvious loyalist and a guy who just doesn't like me. The only benefit they have is a bit of tourism, but that's debatable since I doubt many people come to England purely for the monarchy, its just one of several things. People don't just go to Rome for the Coliseum, or Paris for the Eiffel tower. I despise them for spending our taxes on private jets, elaborate parties, personal bodyguards to people 20 places away from the throne. Its an utter disgrace

It was clearly a joke, I have a dry sense of humour and said it to prove a point....people really need to lighten up

Oh and dedworth, looking at some of your older posts in the sports forum especially, I wouldn't band the term "purile" about too regularly

So conjuring up some bizarre deviant behaviour and aligning it to the Royal Family is a dry sense of humour joke ?

I'm no great Royalist but your vocabulary of disgrace, disgust, despise smacks of deep pathological hatred. I'd rather the fiver a year or whatever of my taxes that go to the Royals than the untold zillions this corrupt excuse of a government lavish on themselves, asylum seekers, law breakers, consultants, political advisors, spin merchants to name but a few

Peoples Democracies are thankfully few and far between nowadays but maybe emigrating to Cuba or North Korea might satisfy your Power to The People urges :)

Matt7
17th September 2009, 23:29
So conjuring up some bizarre deviant behaviour and aligning it to the Royal Family is a dry sense of humour joke ?

I'm no great Royalist but your vocabulary of disgrace, disgust, despise smacks of deep pathological hatred. I'd rather the fiver a year or whatever of my taxes that go to the Royals than the untold zillions this corrupt excuse of a government lavish on themselves, asylum seekers, law breakers, consultants, political advisors, spin merchants to name but a few

Peoples Democracies are thankfully few and far between nowadays but maybe emigrating to Cuba or North Korea might satisfy your Power to The People urges :)

Peoples democracies? You seem a little confused as to who actually runs the country

The queen has ONE power, to dissolve government

The government has every other single power to do anything else

I hate the monarchy, you clearly hate the government

I think you're the one who needs a peoples democracy

aromulus
17th September 2009, 23:36

Italian.....

Your location says you live in Wales, if you've ever paid taxes in the UK (which i'm assuming you have), then you've directly contributed to their private jets, bodyguards, mansions, etc. Does it not infuriate you that part of your hard earned cash is going to Prince Andrew and his family?

No

Do Japanese tourists say to themselves...."wow, I'd really love to go to the UK to see Prince Andrew" ?

The Royal Family in general and all the pomp that goes with it.

I will say, fair play to William and Harry...they seem decent. But the Queens kids are just a bunch of freeloading sponges.

Nothing different from any other person on the high street. In their shoes you would behave exactly the same.

dedworth doesn't like me :D Its ok, some people don't like my sense of humour and bluntness, and you can't be friends with everybody :)

On this I have nothing to comment on, and if there is some animosity between the both of you, it would be nice if you could resolve it privately, and not on the open forums.

Matt7
17th September 2009, 23:56
I doubt we'll agree on this. I have my opinions and you have yours, and until I get some good reasons apart from a bit of tourism for the city of London, I'm not going to change my mind. I just think too many of them associated with the monarchy live the life of riley. Politicians are rightly being called up about them taking advantage of public money, its about time the monarchy were too.

triple5
18th September 2009, 00:01
There's far greater drains on our economy than the royals, hardly worth getting upset about :D

Matt7
18th September 2009, 00:05
There's far greater drains on our economy than the royals, hardly worth getting upset about :D

The worst part is I wasn't even upset about them until people waded in :icon_lol:

Dedworth
18th September 2009, 00:08
The worst part is I wasn't even upset about them until people waded in :icon_lol:

Post 1 on this thread informed us about the Queen Mother book

Post 2 on this thread Matt7 "They're pretty pointless and disgusting really"

KeithD
18th September 2009, 09:00

Your location says you live in Wales, if you've ever paid taxes in the UK (which i'm assuming you have), then you've directly contributed to their private jets, bodyguards, mansions, etc. Does it not infuriate you that part of your hard earned cash is going to Prince Andrew and his family? Do Japanese tourists say to themselves...."wow, I'd really love to go to the UK to see Prince Andrew" ?

Just shows you how pathetic some people can be, happily fill the car up with petrol giving Gordon about 70% tax, and yet begrudges paying less than £1 a year to support something we are renowned around the world for, with the majority of countries being jealous.

The Royal Family dealings do not just bring in £Millions to this country in revenue, but such things as Knighthoods to folk who run companies help busineses get new contracts bringing in more £Millions.

Your a worst economist than Gordon Brown :doh

bornatbirth
18th September 2009, 09:20
begrudges paying less than £1 a year to support something we are renowned around the world for, with the majority of countries being jealous.

The Royal Family dealings do not just bring in £Millions to this country in revenue, but such things as Knighthoods to folk who run companies help busineses get new contracts bringing in more £Millions.

just a pound a year?:Erm: isnt that a pound from everyone :D

considering we give them a millionares lifestyle,its only proper that they do something in return.

how many companies have been run by knighted folk and ended up being cocked up,me thinks appointing them isnt such a good idea :Erm:

KeithD
18th September 2009, 09:22
how many companies have been run by knighted folk and ended up being cocked up,me thinks appointing them isnt such a good idea :Erm:
They'll be the ones selected by the government, they are allowed to include a % of selections, for purposes of bribery....allegedly :rolleyes:

JimOttley
18th September 2009, 19:35
Because of their blood line, they live in a goldfish bowl, 24 x 7, our Queen has worked unfailingly for this country for 56 years or more, she deserves respect, Charles has worked extremely hard as well, Andrew fought in the Falklands and put his life on the line, Charles' kids are trying their best to earn the respect of the people but they are little more than kids and make mistakes in life.

Envy them? I pity them, the average punter in the street gets more privicy and life than a royal.

Yes the more remote royals get a reasonable amount of privicy these days and yes they are mostly pretty well off but so what, there are a lot of well off people in the UK that have better lives!

Jim

triple5
18th September 2009, 21:37
our Queen has worked unfailingly for this country for 56 years or more, she deserves respect

Some of the things that are said about our royal family are disgraceful I think, media stuff, on comedy shows, turning them into a soap opera. In a country like Thailand comments like matts would get you in a lot of trouble. I remember a swiss guy there on the kings birthday sprayed painted a picture of the king, because he was angry that alcohol was banned on that day. He was caught on cctv and sentenced to 10 years.

We should definitely show our monarchy more respect.

Northerner
18th September 2009, 21:43
Some of the things that are said about our royal family are disgraceful I think, media stuff, on comedy shows, turning them into a soap opera. In a country like Thailand comments like matts would get you in a lot of trouble. I remember a swiss guy there on the kings birthday sprayed painted a picture of the king, because he was angry that alcohol was banned on that day. He was caught on cctv and sentenced to 10 years.

We should definitely show our monarchy more respect.

With freedom of speech comes freedom to insult!

triple5
18th September 2009, 21:47
but it aint right :NoNo:

Northerner
18th September 2009, 22:22
but it aint right :NoNo:

Matter of opinion. The fact that a simple joke about the Thai king could get you in very serious trouble in Thailand or get your website banned from that country is nothing to sing the praise of! We have a right in this country that we should learn to respect, even if it means hearing things we do not like.

I will happily debate people on matters like the monachy or religion or whatever, because I can! And if I say something offending towards them in the process, then so be it:Erm:

We already live in too much of a nanny state as it is without giving up any more of our rights to political correctness. Matt has every right to say what he does about the monachy and in many ways I respect him for saying so. I too dislike the notion of what they stand for, but understand that they pay for themselves many times over with the boost to our economy through tourism. And yes, perhaps that is debatable:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

triple5
18th September 2009, 22:41
It's not right to have a monarchy and not show them respect, whats the point otherwise? There's already a massive lack of respect in this country for teachers, police, parents, why not start by showing some respect for those at the very top. And I wasn't trying to say Thailand has the right idea, just the massive difference compared to how we treat our own royal family. You ask anybody from another country to name something related to the UK and you'll nearly always get an answer related to the monarchy. We should be proud of that.

I find it a sad lack of patriotism when English people put them down.

Arthur Little
19th September 2009, 00:27
Matter of opinion. The fact that a simple joke about the Thai king could get you in very serious trouble in Thailand or get your website banned from that country is nothing to sing the praise of! We have a right in this country that we should learn to respect, even if it means hearing things we do not like.

I will happily debate people on matters like the monachy or religion or whatever, because I can! And if I say something offending towards them in the process, then so be it:Erm:

We already live in too much of a nanny state as it is without giving up any more of our rights to political correctness. Matt has every right to say what he does about the monachy and in many ways I respect him for saying so. I too dislike the notion of what they stand for, but understand that they pay for themselves many times over with the boost to our economy through tourism. And yes, perhaps that is debatable:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:

Young man, I have to say that free speech is all very well. But at the same time, I consider Matt's comments on our Royal Family way out of line and completely uncalled for. I can well recall, the triumphal mood that prevailed among the people in the village where I spent most of my childhood ... as folk of all ages crowded into the local Public Hall to witness the dawn of a 'New Elizabethan Era', [in the form of our present Queen's Coronation] on a 17" black & white television screen positioned centre-stage. That momentous event took place more than 56 years ago ... on June 2nd, 1953 ... and upwards of three decades before the likes of Matt was scarcely even a twinkle in his mum's eye. And now, not far short of sixty years on, we are privileged to be the subjects of this most gracious and dignified lady who is revered and respected worldwide.

In an ever-changing Society, the Monarchy is inherent in our centuries-old National Heritage. By virtue of its sheer constancy, it represents a certain stability. As a Scot :Kilt: - and in a wider sense - as a British Citizen, :Britain: I am fiercely proud of our nation and its traditions ... which are envied amongst our European neighbours, and practically everywhere else on the planet. Like many of my counterparts, I'm perhaps less enamoured with our system of government, although it remains preferable to that of most other countries. I have to ask all would-be dissenters if, in all honesty, they'd rather we evolved into a Republican State with a President at the helm ... a kind of 'dictatorship' ... and all THAT entails? "Loyalty to Royalty", I say.

So please, spare us the unjustified crticism of noble Institutions like the Monarchy and the NHS, and just be thankful for their continued existence! Because if you don't/are not, then I suggest you go and live elsewhere.

Arise, Sir Arthur! :kngt:

Dedworth
19th September 2009, 00:39
Young man, I have to say that free speech is all very well. But I consider Matt's comments on our Royal Family way out of line and completely uncalled for. I can well recall, the triumphal mood that prevailed among the people in the village where I spent most of my childhood ... as folk of all ages crowded into the local Public Hall to witness the dawn of a 'New Elizabethan Era', [in the form of our present Queen's Coronation] on a 17" black & white television screen positioned centre-stage. That momentous event took place more than 56 years ago ... on June 2nd, 1953 ... and upwards of three decades before the likes of Matt was scarcely even a twinkle in his mum's eye. And now, not far short of sixty years on, we are privileged to be the subjects of this most gracious and dignified lady who is revered and respected worldwide.

In an ever-changing Society, the Monarchy is inherent in our centuries-old National Heritage. By virtue of its sheer constancy, it represents a certain stability. As a Scot :Kilt: - and in a wider sense - as a British Citizen, :Britain: I am fiercely proud of our nation and its traditions ... which are envied among our European neighbours, and practically everywhere else on the planet. Like many of my counterparts, I'm perhaps less enamoured with our system of government, although it remains preferable to that of most other countries. I have to ask all would-be dissenters if, in all honesty, they'd rather we evolved into a Republican State with a President at the helm ... a kind of 'dictatorship' ... and all THAT entails?

So please, spare us the unjustified crticism of noble Institutions like the Monarchy and the NHS, and just be thankful for their continued existence! Because if you don't/are not, then I suggest you go and live elsewhere.

You've hit the nail on the head !

As regards your last few words "then I suggest you go and live elsewhere" Matt, Power to The People & Co might find as I mentioned previously the last remaining workers paradises Cuba and North Korea more amenable tips to reside in.

Arthur Little
19th September 2009, 00:54

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thank you ... "Loyalty to Royalty", I say!

Arthur Little
19th September 2009, 00:56
As regards your last few words "then I suggest you go and live elsewhere" Matt, Power to The People & Co might find as I mentioned previously the last remaining workers paradises Cuba and North Korea more amenable tips to reside in.

Very true! ... :iagree:

KeithD
19th September 2009, 09:03
The Royal Family is the only real bit of Britishness we have left to cling on to.

Arthur Little
19th September 2009, 10:34
The Royal Family is the only real bit of Britishness we have left to cling on to.

Well said! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
19th September 2009, 10:43
:icon_lol: i didnt realise this was a tory voting royalist forum,so are we going to form a lynch mob and take MATT to the tower of london.

off with his head :behead:

Northerner
19th September 2009, 21:35
Hmm.. A few Thoughts on the matter before we let this thread die a slow death.

Young man, I have to say that free speech is all very well. But at the same time, I consider Matt's comments on our Royal Family way out of line and completely uncalled for. I can well recall, the triumphal mood that prevailed among the people in the village where I spent most of my childhood ... as folk of all ages crowded into the local Public Hall to witness the dawn of a 'New Elizabethan Era', [in the form of our present Queen's Coronation] on a 17" black & white television screen positioned centre-stage. That momentous event took place more than 56 years ago ... on June 2nd, 1953 ... and upwards of three decades before the likes of Matt was scarcely even a twinkle in his mum's eye. And now, not far short of sixty years on, we are privileged to be the subjects of this most gracious and dignified lady who is revered and respected worldwide.

I do not think free speech should be followed by a "But"! And it is unfortunate that in this country we live in a society where free speech is not natural but often fought for, where the nonsensical saying "You can't shout fire in a crowded Cinema" is used as an analogy for curtailing free speech. And it can be as insulting to call people "subjects", as if poor genetic examples of inbreeding could be better than the you or me!

In an ever-changing Society, the Monarchy is inherent in our centuries-old National Heritage. By virtue of its sheer constancy, it represents a certain stability. As a Scot :Kilt: - and in a wider sense - as a British Citizen, :Britain: I am fiercely proud of our nation and its traditions ... which are envied amongst our European neighbours, and practically everywhere else on the planet. Like many of my counterparts, I'm perhaps less enamoured with our system of government, although it remains preferable to that of most other countries. I have to ask all would-be dissenters if, in all honesty, they'd rather we evolved into a Republican State with a President at the helm ... a kind of 'dictatorship' ... and all THAT entails? "Loyalty to Royalty", I say.

Monarchy is simply a dictatorship wrapped around religiosity and cultism! Hundreds of years ago, men with swords invaded these islands from afar, raping and pillaging as they went. And they told the natives to surrender and be subjects to their demands or die. They have ancestors calling themselves Windsor's. And it is doubtful that any American would swap even George Bush for Prince (and the future King) Charles! Although the traditions of the Monarchy, along with all the pomp seems nice for a holiday. It is nice to send them on their way when you get bored of them (leaders).

But I love the NHS, it was an act of people power rarely seen in this world. A socialist ideal that actually works!

Being a critic of an institution does not make a person a traitor or mean they must up sticks and move to another place. Matt, has the right to criticize or even foam at the mouth with anger when he talks about the Monarchy. And the day a Monarch tries to curtail that right will be the day the institution we call the Royal Family expires and this country evolves once more!

Dedworth
19th September 2009, 22:12
Monarchy is simply a dictatorship wrapped around religiosity and cultism!

So present day UK is a monarchical dictatorship:Cuckoo:

Utter tripe

ukgangster
19th September 2009, 22:24
Hmm, I don't understand the open hostility towards the Royal Family shown on the thread.

Quentin Crisp was right - "The British do not expect happiness.... they do not want to be happy; they want to be right."

ukgangster
19th September 2009, 22:25
:icon_lol: i didnt realise this was a tory voting royalist forum,so are we going to form a lynch mob and take MATT to the tower of london.

off with his head :behead:

Its says "Filipino UK" at the top :Erm: :doh

Northerner
19th September 2009, 22:30
So present day UK is a monarchical dictatorship:Cuckoo:

Utter tripe

I was referring to the concept.

somebody
19th September 2009, 22:39

THe Japanese i know love the royalty and the bulidings and have there own as im sure you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_House_of_Japan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Imperial_Palace

Trust me the amount of Japanese I have toured round windsor,hampton court and buckingham palace is far more than I have taken to football grounds or to other landmarks.

In Regents street there is a Japanese department store its all oldie world british and Royal family trinkets.

When walking past buckingham palace the biggest most excited crowds i recall were when the queen and phil came out in a car. All these tourists young, old yank,european,african,asian and oriental looked far more excited than when gordon or even tony zoomed past in whitehall up the road.

Personally like others I dont envy them living in goldfish bowls and once the present Queen passes away the setup will change im certain.

bornatbirth
19th September 2009, 22:40
Its says "Filipino UK" at the top :Erm: :doh

i noticed too! :D

but none of us would tell a joke about the royal family would we?

so why are we all getting a bee in our bonnets over matts comments? :Cuckoo:

somebody
19th September 2009, 22:51
i noticed too! :D

but none of us would tell a joke about the royal family would we?

so why are we all getting a bee in our bonnets over matts comments? :Cuckoo:

I got no problem with people saying they dont like the royal family fair play.

I would defend there right to.

I do think the nercophillia bit was a tad off though. Plenty of ways to mock them if you feel that way inclined and of course this is a website for all ages who may find the image you described who ever the indivdual not their cup of tea.

triple5
19th September 2009, 23:32
Monarchy is simply a dictatorship wrapped around religiosity and cultism!

Shouldn't that be was? Surely you don't believe that about the current monarchy :Erm:

Northerner
19th September 2009, 23:41
Shouldn't that be was? Surely you don't believe that about the current monarchy :Erm:

No, like I replied before. I was referring to the concept! Oliver Cromwell p:censored:d on that plate of chips a long time ago for them, since then they've kept it safe and played the role of Religious relics. Favourable to God! Much easier to avoid the odd revolution and public execution that way..
:behead:

JimOttley
20th September 2009, 00:07
Hmm.. A few Thoughts on the matter before we let this thread die a slow death.

I do not think free speech should be followed by a "But"! And it is unfortunate that in this country we live in a society where free speech is not natural but often fought for, where the nonsensical saying "You can't shout fire in a crowded Cinema" is used as an analogy for curtailing free speech. And it can be as insulting to call people "subjects", as if poor genetic examples of inbreeding could be better than the you or me!

Monarchy is simply a dictatorship wrapped around religiosity and cultism! Hundreds of years ago, men with swords invaded these islands from afar, raping and pillaging as they went. And they told the natives to surrender and be subjects to their demands or die. They have ancestors calling themselves Windsor's. And it is doubtful that any American would swap even George Bush for Prince (and the future King) Charles! Although the traditions of the Monarchy, along with all the pomp seems nice for a holiday. It is nice to send them on their way when you get bored of them (leaders).

But I love the NHS, it was an act of people power rarely seen in this world. A socialist ideal that actually works!

Being a critic of an institution does not make a person a traitor or mean they must up sticks and move to another place. Matt, has the right to criticize or even foam at the mouth with anger when he talks about the Monarchy. And the day a Monarch tries to curtail that right will be the day the institution we call the Royal Family expires and this country evolves once more!

Notherner you are a good guy, so is Arthur, it is quite possible that we will evolve into a republic one day but I personally would not like to see that, things will change for sure but there is a lot that we as a people could lose!

Regarding the Windsors, what did your relatives do 500 or 600 years ago? have you any idea?

I am the latest in a line of five James' but I have no idea how well they did in life,I suspect I will be the worst to be honest in spite of having a good heart!

Like Arthur I am a Scot, it's odd that lots of us Scots have a great affinity for our monarchy but we do!

Matt is free to have his views, as an old guy I wish he had a better view of our immediate history but such is life, one day he will be old and will have a better understanding of his own countries history as agreat deal of it will be his by that time!

Jim

Northerner
20th September 2009, 00:16
Notherner you are a good guy, so is Arthur, it is quite possible that we will evolve into a republic one day but I personally would not like to see that, things will change for sure but there is a lot that we as a people could lose!

Regarding the Windsors, what did your relatives do 500 or 600 years ago? have you any idea?

I am the latest in a line of five James' but I have no idea how well they did in life,I suspect I will be the worst to be honest in spite of having a good heart!

Like Arthur I am a Scot, it's odd that lots of us Scots have a great affinity for our monarchy but we do!

Matt is free to have his views, as an old guy I wish he had a better view of our immediate history but such is life, one day he will be old and will have a better understanding of his own countries history as agreat deal of it will be his by that time!

Jim

500 to 600 years ago, my family were probably Royalty :D Hence the tad bit of envy over how my distant cousins kept inbreeding and kept the crown :icon_lol: Seriously, who knows? I am probably to spawn of far worse people than the Royal family. But hey... I am more concerned with where I am going than where I came from.
:kngt:

JimOttley
20th September 2009, 00:32
500 to 600 years ago, my family were probably Royalty :D Hence the tad bit of envy over how my distant cousins kept inbreeding and kept the crown :icon_lol: Seriously, who knows? I am probably to spawn of far worse people than the Royal family. But hey... I am more concerned with where I am going than where I came from.
:kngt:

They get the job mate, they got there by historic accident in my view they have done the job pretty well.

I was 14 years old when Willie Rushton did an "Up Sunday" program that in great comedic fashion made it so clear how crap their lives really were!

:)

Peace sir, as I said I know you are a good man!

Jim

Matt7
20th September 2009, 23:49
Wow, a lot of love for the royal families here. A little sad that my opinion has been somewhat rubbished by many as I feel I have plenty of valid facts. And for the guy that compared me to the Thai bloke who got 10 years? Wow, just wow...nothing more to say on that one. Very, very sad state of affairs. We have freedom of speech here, and I like to exercise that right for what I believe in. How you can turn around and say I shouldn't say things about the royal family is beyond me, just because you don't feel the same.

Its also wrong to compare the royal family to politics. Politicians run this country, the royal family do not. Whilst I do agree the cost of politics is too high, highlighted by the fact Nick Clegg claims they can cut £2bn and still run efficiently. They still do a job, and its a job people on this forum couldn't do, as much as they might feel otherwise. They're taking giant strides to correcting these loopholes and streamlining government which should help the economy. Just a shame the royal family haven't pledged to take that one less private jet, have one less security guard on glorified nobodies like Beatrice and Eugenie, for the sake of the economy

triple5
21st September 2009, 00:11
And for the guy that compared me to the Thai bloke who got 10 years? Wow, just wow...nothing more to say on that one. Very, very sad state of affairs.

I wasn't comparing you with the Swiss guy (not Thai). I was making a comparison between the two countries, how here we take it for granted we can talk rubbish about our royal family without fear of prosecution.

I hope you didn't interpret my comments as though I thought you deserved the same sentence :icon_lol:

Northerner
21st September 2009, 01:45
I bet a thread entitled "Is there a God?" would get less reaction than this one! :omg: :Rasp:

KeithD
21st September 2009, 08:40
Its also wrong to compare the royal family to politics. Politicians run this country, the royal family do not....
Incorrect. The Royal Family still have all legal rights over all politicians. They can dissolve the government if they wish, and any voted PM has to get permission off the Queen. They also need her permission to retire. Most of the powers they had over the country from 100's of years ago are still in place, at this moment in time they choose not to use them. It was only in the last few years the law was removed to allow the Royal Family to issue a death penalty, which if they had acted on before the change they could have overrided the government, courts and EU.

bornatbirth
21st September 2009, 08:52
I bet a thread entitled "Is there a God?" would get less reaction than this one! :omg: :Rasp:

:Erm: :icon_lol:

walesrob
21st September 2009, 08:55
Just a shame the royal family haven't pledged to take that one less private jet... for the sake of the economy

The Royal Family do not have any private jets, the Royal Flight is part of the RAF (No. 32 Squadron RAF) and the jets are used by Government and the Armed Forces, as well as the Royals. In fact, I think I read somewhere the Royal Flight is to be axed, and they will all be flying with us commoners on international flights.

aromulus
21st September 2009, 09:01
They still do a job, and its a job people on this forum couldn't do, as much as they might feel otherwise.

No...???:Erm:

What makes you think that some people on this forum couldn't run the country ???

Just a shame the royal family haven't pledged to take that one less private jet, have one less security guard on glorified nobodies like Beatrice and Eugenie, for the sake of the economy

Glorified nobodies like that are prime targets for terrorists, believe it or not.:omg:
Would you rather have them with their throats cut, shot, or blown up like their great uncle Lord Mountbatten...?:doh
The goverment is trying to avoid a hostage situation or worse.

Sorry mate, you may be misleading yourself a little.:NoNo:

somebody
24th September 2009, 10:36
Wow, a lot of love for the royal families here. A little sad that my opinion has been somewhat rubbished by many as I feel I have plenty of valid facts. And for the guy that compared me to the Thai bloke who got 10 years? Wow, just wow...nothing more to say on that one. Very, very sad state of affairs. We have freedom of speech here, and I like to exercise that right for what I believe in. How you can turn around and say I shouldn't say things about the royal family is beyond me, just because you don't feel the same.

Its also wrong to compare the royal family to politics. Politicians run this country, the royal family do not. Whilst I do agree the cost of politics is too high, highlighted by the fact Nick Clegg claims they can cut £2bn and still run efficiently. They still do a job, and its a job people on this forum couldn't do, as much as they might feel otherwise. They're taking giant strides to correcting these loopholes and streamlining government which should help the economy. Just a shame the royal family haven't pledged to take that one less private jet, have one less security guard on glorified nobodies like Beatrice and Eugenie, for the sake of the economy

So are MP's superhuman? Many it seems aspire to the "Royal Lifestyle" it would seem from what we read and see.

What great strides are they taking to correct loopholes and Streamline goverment which will help the ecomony?

I doubt cut a few hundred million a year on the royals will do much to increase the countries income which i think has to rise by over a hundred billion a year to cut out the deficit we are facing.

Just leave them as what they are basically a Tourist attraction and a perk for VIP's and others the country wants to chat up or appease.
For some world leaders who may look down on women or even non royals she has a role as the Queen, which if she was elected president they may not respect in the same way how ever odd it may seem. But like you I do wonder if we have to look after the extended and sometimes very distantly related members of her family.

I would forget going after the Royals like others say let people who want to invest in UK PLC or simply visit it be fasicnated by them and spend money wheter its a weekend for two in bayswater and a quick ride on a number 36 down to SW1 to spend money in the palace shop or the super rich who have too much money not impressed by much, but love to be associated with Royalty.

Again in all the years I have seen either the Current PM or the Queen drive by Tourist and locals are ALWAYS more sucked in more by seeing the Queen. I have seen Tourist Women almost in Tears with happiness outside Buckingham palace after catching a glismpe of her head.

While I do think some people shot you down a bit harshly, although im sure many people like me found the choice of words talking about a old lady and the particular act more rude wheter she lived down the road from me or in SW1.

If you dont like the situation of their being a royal family more power to you expressing your thoughts. As you say we should always defend the right to express what we feel.

GaryFifer
24th September 2009, 11:05
Mock the week Royal Family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNmIJSn5Kg) Calm down lads and have a laugh at them ;)
The Turks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7PDyEDFUmE)

Okay can someone tell me the point of Prince Harry then. All that money, all those wonderful schools and he came out with two A-Levels, obtaining a B in art, and a D in geography.. Reminds me of Rodney Trotter of the family.Sorry nearly guy.

triple5
24th September 2009, 11:10
Mock the week Royal Family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNmIJSn5Kg) Calm down lads and have a laugh at them ;)
The Turks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7PDyEDFUmE)

Okay can someone tell me the point of Prince Harry then. All that money, all those wonderful schools and he came out with two A-Levels, obtaining a B in art, and a D in geography.. Reminds me of Rodney Trotter of the family.Sorry nearly guy.

Funny show, but when Frankie Boyle said on things you wouldn't hear on the queen's speech, "I'm now so old even my :censored: is haunted" that's taking things a bit too far.

just my opinion.

GaryFifer
24th September 2009, 11:20
Houses of Parliament should be renamed the House of MP promises

KeithD
24th September 2009, 11:41
Okay can someone tell me the point of Prince Harry then.
:Erm: I may be wrong, but pretty sure he was born naturally into the family! And the effect he has on a charity in a week is more than you'll ever manage in your lifetime.

Ayjay
24th September 2009, 12:05

Yes indeed, I totally agree with you. We could of course rise up, detain the lot... hangers on and all.

We could execute them one at a time, Bank Holidays would be a good moment. It could be done in Wembley Stadium, tickets and television rights could be sold. Maybe a tie up with the National Lottery, gamble on the number of strokes it takes for the executioner to chop off Harry's head etc...

AJ

Bluebirdjones
24th September 2009, 15:12
On a lighter note….

My favourite comments from the Queen Mum’s Book of Remembrance
Gawd rest her soul

"When Diana died I swore I would never smile again, but eventually I did. Now the Queen Mum has gone I cannot image that I will ever smile for the rest of my life, but I will probably break that one too".

"I thought she would never die, she has let us all down very badly"

"She was a trooper and she never gave up. I remember one time she was visiting a school and I asked her if she would like to make a visit to the cloakroom before she left. 'No' she replied, 'I didn't give in to the Nazis and I won't give in to the bladder'. That's how she was, a fighter, who refused to be beaten by anything. She pissed herself later though, it was sickening".

"I remember she came to visit us in the East End one time. She was so kind, so generous and so sweet. She whispered softly in my ear, 'You know its not true' she said, 'you don't smell of ****'. She was a wondrous person".

More ….
http://everything2.com/title/Real+excerpts+from+the+Queen+Mother%2527s+Book+of+Remembrance