PDA

View Full Version : Tawas

Ji&Ma
17th September 2009, 05:14
When my fiancee joined me in here she asked me if it is possible to get "tawas" in here as she managed to forget her piece back in Manila. :NoNo: :doh
After a while of searching I managed to find one web company which is selling tawas in UK - so I tought it might be useful for other members of the forum.
I've started to use it as well and I can say - no complaints at all...

Don't know if I'm allowed to link the pages straight in here, if not I would like to ask our mods to kindly delete the link...

TAWAS (http://www.calmncomfy.co.uk/acatalog/Tawas_natural_deodorant.html)

Have to add I'm not connected nor I have any personal interests in the mentioned company.

rayofLight
17th September 2009, 11:43
When my fiancee joined me in here she asked me if it is possible to get "tawas" in here as she managed to forget her piece back in Manila. :NoNo: :doh
After a while of searching I managed to find one web company which is selling tawas in UK - so I tought it might be useful for other members of the forum.
I've started to use it as well and I can say - no complaints at all...

Don't know if I'm allowed to link the pages straight in here, if not I would like to ask our mods to kindly delete the link...

TAWAS (http://www.calmncomfy.co.uk/acatalog/Tawas_natural_deodorant.html)

Have to add I'm not connected nor I have any personal interests in the mentioned company.

HI Ji&Ma....
Can you share with us about the tawas......
i'm looking for that too...
thanks

vbkelly
17th September 2009, 11:49
tawas use for kili kili thats good i ask my friend if she sell tawas

Florge
17th September 2009, 11:53
aha! business opportunity for me...

I'm going to bring loads of tawas and sell it to pinays in UK... wooohooo...

LOL

yas
17th September 2009, 12:37
theres one in GORDON CHEMIST called CRYSTAL.its only less than £2

Ji&Ma
17th September 2009, 19:39
HI Ji&Ma....
Can you share with us about the tawas......
i'm looking for that too...
thanks

Hi, Ray click on that link I've posted in my original post (hiding under TAWAS) - it is UK comp. somewhere near Northampton, they got a good choice and they are able to post it to you.
We bought the "gift pack" as it contains crystal, block, some nuggets and powder as well, very useful... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LOL

Hmmm :Erm: not so bad idea Florge as this seems to be just one company selling tawas in UK - or at least what i found.
Lets make company (or - can I get the shares at least??? :Erm:) ;) :icon_lol: :Rasp:

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 19:45
You can buy Tawas in Earls Court,its good for killing slugs in the garden :xxgrinning--00xx3:It actually kills them quicker than diatomaceous earth :cwm24: Makes me wonder about the long term effects/damage to armpits :Erm:

Ji&Ma
17th September 2009, 19:49
You can buy Tawas in Earls Court,its good for killing slugs in the garden :xxgrinning--00xx3:It actually kills them quicker than diatomaceous earth :cwm24: Makes me wonder about the long term effects/damage to armpits :Erm:

:yikes::omg::omg: :icon_lol: Lets see through the time ;)
I think my fiancee is using that stuff for most of her life and doesn't seems to me that she's growing another head in her armpit :doh :Rasp:

Anyway - tawas is used for a long time (historically) so I won't be too afraid about it...:Erm:

And - no wonder that it kills slugs very quickly as it is basically salt... Try to use ordinary cooking salt on some poor slug...

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 20:07
So its basically salt :Erm:Why rub salt in the armpits unless your also going to add a splash of vinegar :Erm:I wondered why the slugs shrivelled up so quickly and began foaming :cwm24:That probably explains why I never once saw a slug in pinas :Erm:

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 20:09
But I do think its use has long term health implications,just as vehicles near the coast corrode faster than those inland due to salinity I predict that if you were to use Tawas for longer than 100 years your arms would fall off at the 'Pits :bigcry:

Fullofhope
17th September 2009, 20:25
So Tawi2 you use Tawas? :D

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 20:28
So Tawi2 you use Tawas? :D

Only when cooking or on my fish & chips V :Erm:Hows life :icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 20:30
And please,dont be so formal,just call me Tawi instead of T2 :icon_lol: (When I think of some of the things you have called me in the past:cwm24::icon_lol:).

Fullofhope
17th September 2009, 20:31
I am good thanks and you? I didnt know you can cook.... SO you do use Tawas hehehe youre using cooking as an excuse hehehe PEACE

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 20:42
When I said cook I actually meant M&S microwave cordon-blue meals,Gordon f:censored:g Ramsay hasnt got anything on me :) I do a fine range of "Ding" menu's :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fullofhope
17th September 2009, 20:45
Nobody to cook for you eh? Hehehe

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 20:52
Listen V,I am modern man,I dont need anyone to cook for me,I got two things in my trousers(easy:rolleyes::icon_lol:dont get excited)they are called "Legs" :D I can stand on them,they have a foot on the end of each :Erm:Yup,I can stand on my own two feet :icon_lol:

Ji&Ma
17th September 2009, 20:56
So its basically salt :Erm:Why rub salt in the armpits unless your also going to add a splash of vinegar :Erm:I wondered why the slugs shrivelled up so quickly and began foaming :cwm24:That probably explains why I never once saw a slug in pinas :Erm:

Hehehee, good one :D :icon_lol:
I won't recommend you to use it on you chips - bet it is not very tasty ;)
Here is an explanation what tawas is: Tawas on Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potash_alum)
BTW - did you ever tried to put ordinary cooking salt on your slug??? :omg:
He will be foaming a lot as well :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 21:03
I never used normal cooking salt for slugs,the best to use is Copper tape(they recoil when touching it) or diatomaceous earth(which is also a component of dynamite though it doesnt blow them up:icon_lol:)as it dehydrates them by absorbing their lipids,better stop chatting about slugs in case members of the league against cruelty to Arionoidea's are reading :Erm:

jimeve
17th September 2009, 21:13
I never used normal cooking salt for slugs,the best to use is Copper tape(they recoil when touching it) or diatomaceous earth(which is also a component of dynamite though it doesnt blow them up:icon_lol:)as it dehydrates them by absorbing their lipids,better stop chatting about slugs in case members of the league against cruelty to Arionoidea's are reading :Erm:

I put beer in a plate, then they smell the booze, and fall in and drown, the ones
lucky to escape have a hangover the next day.:icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th September 2009, 21:23
Yeah,beer-traps,but they actually seem to attract slugs :Erm: they seem happy after they have had a drink but some of them kick-off and damage the daffodils :icon_lol:

vbkelly
18th September 2009, 12:27
aw tawas i just remember my supervisor she has a bad bad body odor lol and one of my workmate put a tawas on her table.

Florge
18th September 2009, 12:42
aw tawas i just remember my supervisor she has a bad bad body odor lol and one of my workmate put a tawas on her table.

LOL... mean!!!

jkianne
18th September 2009, 16:13

LOL

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

jkianne
18th September 2009, 16:14

rofl...:icon_lol:

jaishann
19th September 2009, 02:11

LOL

good idea

Tawi2
19th September 2009, 10:44
When you first fly into the UK Florge I just hope some overexuberant customs and excise employee doesnt search your luggage and find all those nicely packed bags of white powder and mistake them for................. :omg::icon_lol:

FixYou.
21st November 2009, 19:06
LOL I've read the post on here. This really made me laugh. It's fascinating how Filipino still look for the things they gotten used to back in their homeland.

I'm in the Philippines. I'm born and raised here but I haven't heard anyone here that uses "tawas" so it's kinda strange reading it here ><

Ana_may365
21st November 2009, 21:52
LOL I've read the post on here. This really made me laugh. It's fascinating how Filipino still look for the things they gotten used to back in their homeland.

I'm in the Philippines. I'm born and raised here but I haven't heard anyone here that uses "tawas" so it's kinda strange reading it here ><

im here in england already!but i still used TAWAS.i always fetch 'tawas'every time we comeback here iether from phils or in thailand.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
21st November 2009, 23:08
tawas is good for manicure n pedicture too..I still have some tawas here I brought it back to 2007...