PDA

View Full Version : Did you all travel abroad to meet your mate?

missionforlove
12th September 2009, 02:45
I live in Canada and was lucky enough to meet my girl here, care giving on a work visa. Am I the only one on this forum from Canada?

britishdetained
12th September 2009, 06:23
hello :Hellooo:and welcome

KeithD
12th September 2009, 09:50
Did you all travel abroad to meet your mate?

No, my mate lives in Liverpool, but I travelled to Singapore to meet the future wife. :)

Sconnie
12th September 2009, 10:45
No, my mate lives in Liverpool, but I travelled to Singapore to meet the future wife. :)

So it is true, you only have one Mate :D

vbkelly
12th September 2009, 11:53
I live in Canada and was lucky enough to meet my girl here, care giving on a work visa. Am I the only one on this forum from Canada?

welcome to the forum!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

pumpkins
12th September 2009, 12:57
hi welcome here...
what is your mission for :luv13:?

:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

KeithD
12th September 2009, 13:28
So it is true, you only have one Mate :D
I've got one, Joe is Billy Nomates :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sconnie
12th September 2009, 14:11
I've got one, Joe is Billy Nomates :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Joe is Billy :Erm: does he play tennis ??

:cwm12:

missionforlove
12th September 2009, 16:36
...I enjoy dropping in on this site! As for Pumpkin's question, what is my mission for :luv13:? My mission for love is to continue to better understand the love of my life. She is full of life, and is always looking (and finding) things that make here smile and laugh. I will always do my best to keep a smile on her face, and I will always do my best to understand the way she thinks.

ginapeterb
12th September 2009, 16:43
My mate lives here in UK, but if your referring to my girl, yes I travelled to Philippines to meet her, I am sure most did, however, there are some lucky enough to meet their girl here in UK.

missionforlove
12th September 2009, 17:00
Thanks... and when I say 'mate' I am referring to my girl...as in...girlfriend. Take care.

missionforlove
12th September 2009, 17:03
Thanks for your reply and when I refer to "mate" I am talking about girlfriends...take care.

Tawi2
12th September 2009, 17:51
Canada is a great place,your lucky to live there,Vancouver is fantastic,I would move there in a finger-snap given the opportunity :xxgrinning--00xx3: Wonderful country wonderful people :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
12th September 2009, 21:50
I first started e-mailing my future wife when we were both in England, but we actually met for the first time in Manila (while we were both on holiday).

Then we properly got together back in England!

MarBell379
12th September 2009, 23:07
I met my girl in Israel, but have travelled to Philippines to see her twice this year since she moved back there.

KeithD
13th September 2009, 09:13
Thanks... and when I say 'mate' I am referring to my girl...as in...girlfriend. Take care.
I doubt any of us travelled abroad to visit your girlfriend! :Erm: :D

pacificelectric
13th September 2009, 16:30
I am taking a flight from Paris to Davao tomorrow morning to see my gf for the first time.... :yikes: wel, three flights in fact: Paris-Amsterdam, Amsterdam-Manila, Manila-Davao.. I do not even know how many hours flight and I prefer not to find out...

missionforlove
13th September 2009, 18:08
Sounds like quite the adventure! best of luck, and take care:Wave:

Arthur Little
13th September 2009, 18:21
Well I certainly DID ... TWICE ... all 7-8,000 miles of it! To meet my SOULmate! The first time [September 2008] I flew from Manchester Airport to Singapore - en route to Davao City via Cebu. And the second [November 2008] from Heathrow to Singapore and onto Davao, stopping off at Cebu, once again.

So, all in all, taking the two round trips into account, plus a further couple of return journeys from Davao to Manila (i) to lodge my CNI and (ii) for submission of my wife's Spouse Visa, I must've clocked up a grand total of at least 30,000 air-miles (equivalent to nearly three times round the world in as many months :cwm24:). All in the name of :luv13:! But well-worth it, to be with my mahal (who's been by my side in the UK since March)!

Northerner
13th September 2009, 22:35
Welcome to the forum :Hellooo::Hellooo:

I'll be meeting my mahal in as many days as it says below:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th September 2009, 23:09
I am taking a flight from Paris to Davao tomorrow morning to see my gf for the first time.... :yikes: wel, three flights in fact: Paris-Amsterdam, Amsterdam-Manila, Manila-Davao.. I do not even know how many hours flight and I prefer not to find out...

I knew your 'BIG ADVENTURE' must be looming :rolleyes: ... and I'm pleased you've made THIS post, because it provides me with the opportunity of wishing you all the very best. As I said in a previous thread, you've got yourself a good lady there, so make the most of your time together.

Have a safe trip & Enjoy the experience of a lifetime! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
13th September 2009, 23:10

:xxgrinning--00xx3: don't think about the flying time :doh
hope all goes well for you :rolleyes:

Mrs Daddy
14th September 2009, 06:38
Goodluck!:)

eleazebonares
14th September 2009, 14:31
I doubt any of us travelled abroad to visit your girlfriend! :Erm: :D

funny. :)

eleazebonares
14th September 2009, 14:34
You guys are so romantic. How come fil guys dont even come close.

Matt7
14th September 2009, 18:32
I went to see her in Arkansas......thats what you call love

scott&ligaya
15th September 2009, 17:40
Like I have said before I met my future wife in Hong Kong when she ran past me going uphill on a mountain marathon. The sight of her lycra clad bottom kept me pushing on up the ascent!!

rayofLight
15th September 2009, 18:00
Welcome to the forum :Hellooo::Hellooo:

I'll be meeting my mahal in as many days as it says below:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ENJOY YOUR VACATION IN THE PHILIPPINES.........TRY TO VISIT MALAPASCUA,(one of the island in Cebu) YOU WILL SEE a CORAL GARDEN THERE...'not a manmade'...

aug06_2006
15th September 2009, 21:53
Hi, welcome to the forum.

jaishann
15th September 2009, 23:21
...I enjoy dropping in on this site! As for Pumpkin's question, what is my mission for :luv13:? My mission for love is to continue to better understand the love of my life. She is full of life, and is always looking (and finding) things that make here smile and laugh. I will always do my best to keep a smile on her face, and I will always do my best to understand the way she thinks.

That is sweet. I remember the song " I want to grow old with you ".