PDA

View Full Version : British/ other Foreigners Facing legal problems in the Philippines

britishdetained
10th September 2009, 07:13
Hi to all...As most of the members here maybe aware of what had happened to my husband. I think i can be able to make a good start to have atleast build a NON-PROFIT organisation to all Filipinas and of with relationship with foreigners who are facing same problem as I am towards massive extortion here in the Philippines. I think if we can gather up and fight against this monster we can help future foreigners who intends to settle here.

So i guess if you are in the same shoe as I am please send me an email/PM and or YM me so that we can get to build a group that may help us all and push FCO about putting more teeth on their laws on protecting British nations who are in danger of being incarcerated or in detention here in the Philippines....

Tawi2
10th September 2009, 13:47
You might want to extend that to western nationals as a whole,EU Americans,Aussies and Kiwis,I could probably get the statistics but I know there arent a large number of UK nationals currently incarcerated in Pinas,good luck with your venture though,its a good idea,but think about widening the catchment on Nationalities :xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
11th September 2009, 03:25
You might want to extend that to western nationals as a whole,EU Americans,Aussies and Kiwis,I could probably get the statistics but I know there arent a large number of UK nationals currently incarcerated in Pinas,good luck with your venture though,its a good idea,but think about widening the catchment on Nationalities :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for that Tawi2 actually yes, I want to gather partners/ GF/ of as long as with relationship with foreign nationals who are incarcerated here as I found out that 70% of those detainees are suffering the same harassment or extortion from police authorities/some officials here. If I can gather them all together maybe the EU or even the UN will act on something to protect these individuals

IanB
11th September 2009, 11:30
Are you aware of this organisation? They might be able to advise and support you?

http://www.fairtrials.net/

IanB
11th September 2009, 11:35
Sorry I was not aware of your situation - could you possibly post a link to a thread where you discussed this?

britishdetained
12th September 2009, 05:58
Sorry I was not aware of your situation - could you possibly post a link to a thread where you discussed this?

Hello Ian, you may visit ou website for all the details...

www.charlenetaylor.webs.com

fred
12th September 2009, 11:03
You should go to the BBC or ITV news... The president really listens when these two speak up or have documentaries or special news reports..They changed the law here 2 years ago (in regards kids in jail) because ITV reported on it in a big way..
Get news of this to them with some good research and hard evidence and let them do the rest!

triple5
12th September 2009, 12:03
I agree with Fred, it's certainly worth a shot.