PDA

View Full Version : sneaky spouse visa....

belfast_dude
9th September 2009, 19:39
i friend has suggested to me...instead of applying for a spouse visa...apply for a tourist visa...and when my asawa is here...apply for the spouse visa here they say it wud be easier here to get the spouse visa....

is this a good idea or bad idea?

thankz dudes and dudettes

aromulus
9th September 2009, 19:46
i friend has suggested to me...instead of applying for a spouse visa...apply for a tourist visa...and when my asawa is here...apply for the spouse visa here they say it wud be easier here to get the spouse visa....

:doh
:CompBuster:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

This friend of yours would't by any remote chance be Paddy O'Malley from Kells, Ballymena, Co Antrim, to be sure, to be sure.....

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

vbkelly
9th September 2009, 19:53

that's the bad idea of your friend, you already married to your asawa and why your friend wants you to apply tourist visa. a tourist visa is less of chance.

belfast_dude
9th September 2009, 20:10
:doh
:CompBuster:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

This friend of yours would't by any remote chance be Paddy O'Malley from Kells, Ballymena, Co Antrim, to be sure, to be sure.....

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

do u know him?....lol

darren-b
9th September 2009, 20:28
Totally bad idea. Will struggle to get the tourist visa in the first place, and even if you did will really struggle to switch from a tourist visa to FLR (spouse visa).

belfast_dude
9th September 2009, 20:32
i now realise it is a dumb idea...i just want to be with my asawa....and i will try anything if it will work...thankz dudes for ur input

IainBusby
9th September 2009, 22:01
I think it's almost certain that your wife would be told to return to the Philippines and submit her application there. As far as I know there is no way you can get it changed from tourist visa to a spouse visa whilst in the UK.
Iain.

MarBell379
10th September 2009, 01:37
No no no no nooooooooo.
What planet is your friend from, and do they even have Visa's there?

A spouse Visa is the only way. Coming on a visitor visa and then changing (even if its possible), would be misleading the authorities (visitor visas are for short visits, not to stay, and not to be changed) and would be rejected accordingly.
One thing I have learned is when your dealing with Visas, FOLLOW THE RULES.
I know theyre a pain, but they will not be bent or broken without causing major problems.

Good luck

joebloggs
10th September 2009, 19:28
as others have said she would probably be refused or they will drag out replying to you for years, so your misses will be in no mansland here, best way for her is to get entry clearence and that means a spouse visa.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sarahlee
10th September 2009, 19:38

hello belfast_dude,
it is bad idea the tourist visa for your wife,you must apply for her spouse visa it is really easy,tourist visa is very complicated x

belfast_dude
10th September 2009, 19:58
the whole process is complicated and long...i just wish the same as all...i want my asawa to be here...or me to be with my asawa there...damn red tape...

fingers crossed people...thankz

proud2bepinay
13th September 2009, 23:43
I would suggest for you to apply for a spousal visa in the Philippines as the home office does not allow you to change visa categories whilst in the UK. Where in Belfast are you? My hubby and I lives in Bangor.

Arthur Little
14th September 2009, 01:02

:Erm: With friends like those ... !

:NoNo: For a start, Tourist Visas are virtually impossible to obtain these days. And, as others here have already pointed out, the Spousal route is the only viable option available to people who, like yourself, are ALREADY married.

Good Luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
14th September 2009, 05:42
As the rest of the members said it is complicated why not follow what`s the proper procedure:)

belfast_dude
14th September 2009, 19:47
I would suggest for you to apply for a spousal visa in the Philippines as the home office does not allow you to change visa categories whilst in the UK. Where in Belfast are you? My hubby and I lives in Bangor.

central belfast....in the wild wild west...near andersontown...does ur hubbie know it?

belfast_dude
14th September 2009, 19:48
thanks for all the advice....i will just aply for the spouse visa when we haev all the papers. ready.

salamat po

aromulus
14th September 2009, 22:21
central belfast....in the wild wild west...near andersontown...does ur hubbie know it?

I used to know someone up at Killeen Park.....:omg:

proud2bepinay
17th September 2009, 00:25
My hubby knows where it is. Goodluck on your spousal visa application. If there is anything we can do to help give us a shout.

Queenbee
17th September 2009, 00:33
hey guys,,im also getting a tourist visa to spend my holidays ith ma bf there and finally meet his family..currently continuing my UNI and i have an ongoing annulment process,its been a year and a half already.Ive been separated for almost 7 years.I

Should i include ma marriage contract and my 7 yr old son's birthcertificate on ma tourist visa requirements???I have prepared everything jst in case they ask,,,

about also the flights,should i jst present the flight details and not purchase the ticket yet???

huhu help guys,,,

Ayjay
18th September 2009, 12:41

Absolutely right... This will be the best option for you.. You CANNOT transfer from a tourist to spouse visa here in the UK.. Your GF would have to leave the country and apply for a spouse visa in the Phils..

AJ

jaishann
19th September 2009, 01:53
[QUOTE=belfast_dude;171956]i now realise it is a dumb idea...i just want to be with my asawa....and i will try anything if it will work...thankz dudes for ur input[/QUOTE

indeed it is..

it pays to wait..

I'd think twice about having a friend like him:NoNo::)