PDA

View Full Version : Advice For Whipped Husbands.. (Birthing)

bystander09
7th September 2009, 11:46
Just how whipped are modern males becoming.. I was cracking a few beers with one of my friends this weekend, and what we have in common is that we both have Filipina wives. Pete has been married for 3 years, and I have been married to my Filipina wife coming up 23 years. Pete and Jill are expecting their first child in December. I already have three kids, my eldest been 20 years old....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My mate Pete is a little nervous about the upcoming birth. The subject of our conversation turned to the mechanics of the delivery, the possible rush to hospital etc.. A few more beers flowed, and issues concerning Pete’s presence in the delivery room came up. Pete was already considering the purchase of a new video camera, and being in the delivery room at the business end of the proceedings in order to capture for posterity; footage of little Johnny as he pokes his head out into the new world... :doh

A few more beers down the cake-hole, and Pete wakes up to the fact (with a little prompting from me) that these are not going to be your actual HOME MOVIES that you are going to entertain your buddies with so WHAT’s THE POINT?? :gp:

Eventually I convinced Pete that the delivery room is no place for a man, and that its pretty useless hanging onto the wifes hand saying PUSH…PUSH…PUSH.. when prompted by the attending nurses, that’s what they get paid for. :)

Pete has decided to (with a little advice from me) save the money he intended spending on a new video camera. Instead, Pete and a few of his mates will be in the pub across the road, downing a few beers celebrating the imminent arrival of little Johnny, and waiting for Pete to beak out the cigars. :rolleyes:

However, I did advise Pete to tell wife to send him a text message when it was all over, and the place had been cleaned up. :gp:

bystander

rusty
7th September 2009, 13:26
I agree with you point regarding taking a video camera in but feel that this is a significant moment in a fathers life, I have been present at the birth of all 3 of my sons and was happy I was there.

Regarding the nurses, yes that’s what they are paid for but I feel that the fantastic job they do they should be paid more.

triple5
7th September 2009, 13:40
Same here, was there at the birth of both my kids. It's an experience you can't compare with anything else. You can have a beer and a cigar with your mates any time. You only get one chance to see your kids come into the world. Don't miss it!

KeithD
7th September 2009, 14:15
Be there, but a video :doh

I'm sure most agree that the last thing I'd want on my wedding day was a 'special' showing of my own birth :vomit-smiley-011:

aromulus
7th September 2009, 14:24
Tell your mate to be there at the birth.:omg:

It is something, that if missed, he will be sorry about for the rest of his life.:doh

bystander09
7th September 2009, 15:43
Same here, was there at the birth of both my kids. It's an experience you can't compare with anything else. You can have a beer and a cigar with your mates any time. You only get one chance to see your kids come into the world. Don't miss it!

Hi,

No offence mate, but this forum seems to be quite well populated with **ssy whipped males.. :doh

I don't feel any less closer, nor do I loves my kids less for not being their during their birth. :)

The delivery room is just NO PLACE for a man.. Its womans work and let them get on with it in peace.. :BouncyHappy:

bystander

RickyR
7th September 2009, 15:58
You could even send her encouraging text messages such as 'quit whining and shouting' and 'hurry up'. This would make her feel that you are supporting her. If you want to show her that you really love her you could add the words 'dear' or 'mahal' to the end of those messages...

JimOttley
7th September 2009, 16:13
Eventually I convinced Pete that the delivery room is no place for a man, and that its pretty useless hanging onto the wifes hand saying PUSH…PUSH…PUSH.. when prompted by the attending nurses, that’s what they get paid for. :)

Last year they were not about to let me into the delivery room until our own doctor arrived and made an exception for the westerner :)

One of the nurses had volunteered to take my camera into the delivery room for me so I gave her the wee camera.

A few minutes later our Doctor arrived and immediately asked me if I wanted to come in she saw my big camera sitting there forlornly :)

I would not have missed it for the world I am a very sentimental man and moments like this are extremely important to me.

We men have the easy time of it, I think we should all be made to see what our wives/partners have to through to bring a child into the world.

Our story of the day of the birth :)

I arrived in NAIA 9:50am

Got to the house about 10:50

Ana was walking around fine

We went for a short sleep in the afternoon woke up at 5pm Ana was showing a bit more signs but still felt fine.

I order bags to be packed in readyness.

She want's to go see a movie because she's fine.

We have no money and she is hungry so we go to Mall of Asia to get cash then maybe go to movie, we have the bags packed (it's on wheels) and I am walking round with everyone looking at my very pregnant partner :)

9:00pm cash machines go on strike, won't pay out :(

9:30pm finally get one that works. :)

9:45 we go for food in Tokyo Tokyo

10:00pm the food arrives and we go to sit down

Just as we sit down she starts to feel a bit odd, so I say forget the food time to go to hospital.

She won't leave the food has to get bagged for take away :doh

10:15pm we walk slowly down to the taxi rank and get a contract car takes 10 minutes to arrive

10:30pm we set off through the Saturday night traffic heading for Mandaluyong.

The next 15 minutes she goes from having had contractions once every hour to once every 3 minutes like a switch :omg:

10:45pm our doctor is on her way and we are stuck in traffic

11:00pm we get there she is in agony and has to be helped into a wheelchair by the armed guards at the hospital,

about 2 minutes later we are on the 4th floor just as she gets into the prep room her waters break.

They send me down to the admissions office to sign her in.

11:10pm I get back up to the 4th floor, Nurse says your baby will be here in 10 minutes :omg:

11:11pm our Doctor Arrives

11:15pm I am in the theatre with Ana

11:20pm My daughter was born :D

Long day but I got it all on camera and no one but us will ever see the photos :)

Wouldn't have missed it for anything, I was just glad she hung on till I could get there!

Jim

Sconnie
7th September 2009, 19:07
Hi,

No offence mate, but this forum seems to be quite well populated with **ssy whipped males.. :doh

I don't feel any less closer, nor do I loves my kids less for not being their during their birth. :)

The delivery room is just NO PLACE for a man.. Its womans work and let them get on with it in peace.. :BouncyHappy:

bystander

Bystander by name, Bystander by nature.

Being present at the birth of your child is an experience that nothing else can come close to, may be you're frightened you will faint and wont feel as macho as you portray.

triple5
7th September 2009, 19:55
No offence mate, but this forum seems to be quite well populated with **ssy whipped males..

So I'm a **ssy whipped male for choosing to be present at my kids birth? :Erm:

Believe me, I wasn't whipped into that delivery room. I wanted to be there, and it's still, to this day, the greatest experience I've had in life.

Your living in the past. It's quite common these days for dads to be there at the birth. The old cliche of waiting in the pub waiting to light the cigars is a bit old hat.

Being the first one to hold your child is an amazing thrill, a shame to miss out on that because of a bit of cliched chauvinism.

aromulus
7th September 2009, 20:54
Being the first one to hold your child is an amazing thrill,

It was amazing and would not have missed it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It was my choice to be there.

KeithD
7th September 2009, 20:56
Bystander by name, Bystander by nature.

Being present at the birth of your child is an experience that nothing else can come close to, may be you're frightened you will faint and wont feel as macho as you portray.
Wasn't anything special for me, so I stayed in the pub during the 2nd one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Makes no difference to how I treat each kid..... I :furious3: hate both of them :icon_lol:

bystander09
7th September 2009, 21:32
So I'm a **ssy whipped male for choosing to be present at my kids birth? :Erm:

Believe me, I wasn't whipped into that delivery room. I wanted to be there, and it's still, to this day, the greatest experience I've had in life.

Your living in the past. It's quite common these days for dads to be there at the birth. The old cliche of waiting in the pub waiting to light the cigars is a bit old hat.

Being the first one to hold your child is an amazing thrill, a shame to miss out on that because of a bit of cliched chauvinism.

Sorry mate.. its not cliched chauvinism... All thats missing from your post is a symphony orchestra for background music.. :D The delivery room is NOT a place for men; whatever the pretext... bonding..yawn :NoNo: support...yawn.. :NoNo: life changing experience.. yawn.. :NoNo:

I'm certainly not living in the past, its just that some guys have been brainwashed by this pink revolution crap, and indeed are **ssy whipped.. :omg:

Guys... get a backbone, and re-establish the rules of the game, the way nature intended. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

aromulus
8th September 2009, 00:30
Sorry mate.. its not cliched chauvinism... All thats missing from your post is a symphony orchestra for background music.. :D The delivery room is NOT a place for men; whatever the pretext... bonding..yawn :NoNo: support...yawn.. :NoNo: life changing experience.. yawn.. :NoNo:

I'm certainly not living in the past, its just that some guys have been brainwashed by this pink revolution crap, and indeed are **ssy whipped.. :omg:

Guys... get a backbone, and re-establish the rules of the game, the way nature intended. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

Macho man.....:doh

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 00:55

bystander

:Erm: The way nature intended?

You think that for the whole of human history all the men :censored: off somewhere else while the woman was screaming her head off?

The human race in modern terms has been around for some 50,000 odd years, recorded history is around 6000 years or so, so for all that time in all cultures the men leave their women to suffer during childbirth?

Rules of what game? Marriage is not a game, bringing kids into the world is not a game, at least not in my book!

I think for myself, I always have, I don't slavishly follow some hypothetical male behavioural handbook the way so many of my brainwashed schoolmates of old did (actually most of my mates were quite independent thinkers so I am being unfair)

If the delivery room is not for you then maybe you have a weak stomach or something, you are certainly free to have made your own choice and that has to be respected but you are just one guy and the rule book you are quoting from is not one that I respect and it would appear that neither do a lot of other guys on here.

I seriously think that those that adhere to your "rules of the game" are in the minority these days, however it is often easier to go with the flow than to think for yourself, in my view people with "backbone" are the ones that can go against the flow and make their own choices in life!

Jim

KeithD
8th September 2009, 09:28
The human race in modern terms has been around for some 50,000 odd years, recorded history is around 6000 years or so
I think you'll find that under the term 'modern' it is accepted in the scientific world we have been around for 200,000 years.

As for recorded history, cave paintings are a form of recorded history, and the oldest one dates back over 30,000 years. A nice article on that in New Scientist recently. :)

bystander09
8th September 2009, 09:44
:Erm: The way nature intended?

You think that for the whole of human history all the men :censored: off somewhere else while the woman was screaming her head off?

The human race in modern terms has been around for some 50,000 odd years, recorded history is around 6000 years or so, so for all that time in all cultures the men leave their women to suffer during childbirth?

Jim

Yes mate, this is the way it should be, and this is the way it is in most parts of the world today. Including the Philippines.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As I have said previously, there appears to be a preponderance of **ssy whipped males roaming this site.. :bigcry:

bystander

bornatbirth
8th September 2009, 10:08
what a funny thread!

you sound like my father bystander,have you been on the jeremy kyle show because im watching it now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

im surprised you didnt advise him that its ok to get drunk while she gives birth and when he goes and sees her,pukes all over the happy mother just so the both of them can enjoy that moment a little bit more :icon_lol:

Ji&Ma
8th September 2009, 10:13
Unfortunately - this reminds me of some of those past religious debates where everybody got his own truth and is unable to admit that other side might get a bit of truth as well....:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Bystander - personally I don't know what your problem is but whatever it is there is no need to slander others who have another opinion than you have and mark them as "**ssy whipped men" (btw - do you know any other phrase? as this one appears in your every single post :Erm::Erm::Erm:) and tar them all with the same brush - everybody has his own personal reasons why to be or not at birth of their own kids...
If you want to stay in the pub with your macho friends, drink and have a cigar why not. Others might want to be somewhere else and do something else than you want to.
But that doesn't make them any less "manly" than you might think....

bystander09
8th September 2009, 10:49
Unfortunately - this reminds me of some of those past religious debates where everybody got his own truth and is unable to admit that other side might get a bit of truth as well....:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Bystander - personally I don't know what your problem is but whatever it is there is no need to slander others who have another opinion than you have and mark them as "**ssy whipped men" (btw - do you know any other phrase? as this one appears in your every single post :Erm::Erm::Erm:) and tar them all with the same brush - everybody has his own personal reasons why to be or not at birth of their own kids...
If you want to stay in the pub with your macho friends, drink and have a cigar why not. Others might want to be somewhere else and do something else than you want to.
But that doesn't make them any less "manly" than you might think....

Firstly, calling a man **ssy whipped is not slander, secondly I use the term only in this thread, none other. :doh

This thread is predominantly aimed at the male inhabitants of this forum, and should be of no concern to the sites women. I guess the thread was instigated by some of the pseudo romantic drool and drivel that the forums males post here.

Think of the term **ssy whipped as a sort of wake up call to all males here who have fallen victim to oestrogen fuelled pink revolution propaganda. For them its time to reclaim the place in the family structre that evolution and nature has prepared them for. Namely as a leader, provider, and defender of the family unit, and not some **ssy whipped wimp, a victim of decades of media driven pink revolution drivel... :NoNo:

Everything has its place, and a mans place IS NOT in the delivery room.. :Rasp:

bystander

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 11:42
I think you'll find that under the term 'modern' it is accepted in the scientific world we have been around for 200,000 years.

As for recorded history, cave paintings are a form of recorded history, and the oldest one dates back over 30,000 years. A nice article on that in New Scientist recently. :)

Yeah I know Keith, I was just being conservative :) it was in part because human art only goes back 30,000-40,000 years that I kept the number lower.

There is also some reserchers that reckon that some cognitive changes in modern humans were a very recent evolution, last 10,000 years or so and are what has resulted in the explosion of development in humanity in recent times.

The 6000 years recorded history was just an arbitary stab at things, it's round about the time that we start to get some detailed history.

I think I missed that article how recent was it? I will have it somewhere in the house.

Jim

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 12:14

bystander

Amen,finally,a real guy :xxgrinning--00xx3:magpakalalake:xxgrinning--00xx3:
mapakalalake ang mga lalaki at magpakababae ang mga babae :xxgrinning--00xx3: Reaffirmation of your feminine side :Erm:Nahhhh,forget that,theres a demarcation line twixt males and females defined by nature,no reason for a guy to step over the mark :NoNo:

Alan
8th September 2009, 12:19
I thought this was an English only forum. Don't mean to offend anyone but I am lost on some of these threads!!

Al.:)

bystander09
8th September 2009, 13:05
Amen,finally,a real guy :xxgrinning--00xx3:magpakalalake:xxgrinning--00xx3:
mapakalalake ang mga lalaki at magpakababae ang mga babae :xxgrinning--00xx3: Reaffirmation of your feminine side :Erm:Nahhhh,forget that,theres a demarcation line twixt males and females defined by nature,no reason for a guy to step over the mark :NoNo:

Finally someone with real balls.. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:13
If he wants to make a movie let him do what he wants. If you don't want to watch it, bugger off and have a beer. Or are u scared you gonna be sick watching a baby being born? Your point is crap. I think you be more at home in a bar when you girl could be having a hard time you don't give a monkeys. Enjoy your beer, your baby is in intensive care. Ya stupid idiot.

bystander09
8th September 2009, 13:17
If he wants to make a movie let him do what he wants. If you don't want to watch it, bugger off and have a beer. Or are u scared you gonna be sick watching a baby being born? Your point is crap. I think you be more at home in a bar when you girl could be having a hard time you don't give a monkeys. Enjoy your beer, your baby is in intensive care. Ya stupid idiot.

Yawn... :doh

bystander

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 13:26
Gentlemen,some like to watch some dont,horses for courses,if we were all the same what a boring world it would be,but just because you werent in the delivery room isnt a stain or besmirchment on your parenting skills or a weakening of the bond with your kid,some guys just aint into that sort of thing:icon_lol:and some guys are :xxgrinning--00xx3:personal choice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:27
Yawn... :doh

bystander

:NoNo:Empathy does not make you less of man. Caring does not make you less of man. What you choose to do is not what I agree with. Life is precious&since you contributed 1 little sperm, you can do your best for your wife if you love her, because birth is still a stressful time no matter what. I detect a "I don't give a **** attitude" because its not you going through the pain, you are alright jack.

Perhaps you understand that annoys some guys, who don't want to take responsibility after they done the deed with the girl.

Are you going to be the bar with the guys throughout the babies life? Are you gay? You prefer male company than your own child.

Alan
8th September 2009, 13:34
I am disappointed with the tone of this thread. I was present at the birth of both my children and would not have had it any other way...........my partner INSISTED I be there anyway.............if she had not, then I would have left her to it - after all, we just PUT the baby there - subsequently it is the lady, giirl, girlfriend, wife who has to SUFFER - and suffer they do!

I find that this is another of those threads that should be left to the individual's point of view - and not become dictatorial, subjective or offensive.

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 13:38
Amen,individual choice :xxgrinning--00xx3:Some want,some dont:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:39
I am disappointed with the tone of this thread. I was present at the birth of both my children and would not have had it any other way...........my partner INSISTED I be there anyway.............if she had not, then I would have left her to it - after all, we just PUT the baby there - subsequently it is the lady, giirl, girlfriend, wife who has to SUFFER - and suffer they do!

I find that this is another of those threads that should be left to the individual's point of view - and not become dictatorial, subjective or offensive.

Well how do you feel about being called pussy whipped because ur partner INSISTED you be there? That is not needed :cwm23:

It is up to both the man and woman to decide.

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 13:44
Gentlemen,some like to watch some dont,horses for courses,if we were all the same what a boring world it would be,but just because you werent in the delivery room isnt a stain or besmirchment on your parenting skills or a weakening of the bond with your kid,some guys just aint into that sort of thing:icon_lol:and some guys are :xxgrinning--00xx3:personal choice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree entirely, but he was preaching the way of the "Real man with balls" :D

To paraphrase, his mate clearly wasn't a 'Real man with balls' by merit of the fact that he needed advice and convincing of the 'one true path to manhood' :Erm:

A real man should be versatile and adaptable because those traits are survival traits and I don't mean his personal survival.

To each his own. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jim

bystander09
8th September 2009, 13:47
:NoNo: I detect a "I don't give a **** attitude" because its not you going through the pain, you are alright jack.

Perhaps you understand that annoys some guys, who don't want to take responsibility after they done the deed with the girl.

I personally don't give a hoot about the pain endured during childbirth, nor do I feel any guilt surround the "deed" that leads to the pain.. One should not read into this that this translates to a lack of concern about the health of mother and child. Its you that made this baseless assumption :Erm:

bystander

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:49
Ah well lighten this thread up.

For some reason I suddenly saw him as Jim davidson appear in my minds eye

On the golf course taking a shot. "ah whats bugging ya jim?" ah its the queers. They can take a **** up the *** but they canny take a joke"

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:50
I personally don't give a hoot about the pain endured during childbirth, nor do I feel any guilt surround the "deed" that leads to the pain.. One should not read into this that this translates to a lack of concern about the health of mother and child. Its you that made this baseless assumption :Erm:

bystander

Well if you care..why are u in the pub? lol

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 13:51
I agree entirely, but he was preaching the way of the "Real man with balls" :D

To paraphrase, his mate clearly wasn't a 'Real man with balls' by merit of the fact that he needed advice and convincing of the 'one true path to manhood' :Erm:

A real man should be versatile and adaptable because those traits are survival traits and I don't mean his personal survival.

To each his own. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jim

Got to agree with the versatile and adaptation :xxgrinning--00xx3:but in a delivery room :cwm24:up to your ankles in blood :omg:the floor awash with guts and the screams echoing around the room :icon_lol::icon_lol: Everyones taking this topic very seriously :icon_lol:

bystander09
8th September 2009, 13:54

You should have grown a backbone when your wife insisted on your presence, and communicated your actual feelings.. **ssy whipped .. :doh

bystander

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:56
You should have grown a backbone when your wife insisted on your presence, and communicated your actual feelings.. **ssy whipped .. :doh

bystander

So is your woman willy whipped? The circumstance in which a woman has became completely controlled by her man-smacking the woman (usually across the face) with your willy. :Brick:

bystander09
8th September 2009, 13:56
Well if you care..why are u in the pub? lol

As I have mentioned before.. the delivery room is no place for a man...:doh

bystander

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 13:58
As I have mentioned before.. the delivery room is no place for a man...:doh

bystander

So what will u do if the midwife is a man?

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:00
So is your woman dick whipped? The circumstance in which a woman has became completely controlled by her man-smacking the woman (usually across the face) with your cock. :Brick:

I have no idea what you are talking about. However, it seems you have expertise in this area.. Can you please elaborate... :action-smiley-081:

bystander

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 14:00

Wouldnt that make him a mid-husband :Erm:

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:03

For him its just a job.. Thats what he's paid for.. He would probably prefer to be down the pub with his mates anyway.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 14:03
I have no idea what you are talking about. However, it seems you have expertise in this area.. Can you please elaborate... :action-smiley-081:

bystander

No. first you elaborate on your assumption of pussy whipping. Dick whipping is the opposite. It is totally and utterly controlling a woman. Pay attention Benny hill.

Alan
8th September 2009, 14:06

bystander

I don't wish to be a member of a forum that allows such puerile meanderings! Goodbye everyone!

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 14:08
I think you would prefer a big buxom viking lassie called Helga who drinks like a fish and spends all her time drinking more than you. Then when the times comes she just goes over to the corner and gets on with it.:)

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:10
No. first you elaborate on your assumption of pussy whipping. Dick whipping is the opposite. It is totally and utterly controlling a woman. Pay attention Benny hill.

I see; its an opposite term, then I don't qualify, tnx for the education... Who is Benny Hill..?? expat for 38 years..?? :Erm:

bystander

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:14
I think you would prefer a big buxom viking lassie called Helga who drinks like a fish and spends all her time drinking more than you. Then when the times comes she just goes over to the corner and gets on with it.:)

Been there done that about 30 years ago.. Just drop Helga and the Vikings bit... :yikes:

bystander

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:17
I don't wish to be a member of a forum that allows such puerile meanderings! Goodbye everyone!

Hi Al..

Come back, don't throw your toys out of the pram.. If you don't like what Jock and I are talking about.. switch threads.. :doh

bystander

triple5
8th September 2009, 14:19
Take no notice, Alan, forum trolls usually get bored and move on in good time. Best not to encourage them :D

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 14:19
Been there done that about 30 years ago.. Just drop Helga and the Vikings bit... :yikes:

bystander

Aha. So you don't really like getting dragged into it again. I knew it get what bugged you about it.

Besides Filipinas are not likely to drag you down there. UK girls like Kerry Katona would have the TV making a documentary MY FIRST BABE

I think everyone think this thread is gettingpuerile and silly.Na swearing I get my :action-smiley-081: kicked

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:29
Aha. So you don't really like getting dragged into it again. I knew it get what bugged you about it.

Besides Filipinas are not likely to drag you down there. UK girls like Kerry Katona would have the TV making a documentary MY FIRST BABE

I think everyone think this thread is gettingpuerile and silly.Na swearing I get my :action-smiley-081: kicked

Don't know your name.. but has been a pleasure bantering with you.. a great wind up. Pity old Alan could not spot it.. I gues someone will have to go down on bended knee in order to convince him to return... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

aromulus
8th September 2009, 14:30

bystander

Ok, Medallion man.... Here we go..

You are 100% free to have your views and explain to other how you reached that decision, but it irks me to no end, actually it makes me slightly annoyed if not downright pissed off, when someone is actually being insulting on purpose and not give other people views a fair hearing.

Too me, personally you sound very confused and insecure in your dealings with the subject you started this thread with...

Now I will give you my personal observation, which I worked out all by myself over the years, and various attendaces in delivery rooms...:omg:

"If you are man enough to squirt it in there, you should be man enough to be there when it comes out again....":xxgrinning--00xx3:

So, quit the bitchin' and the name calling, coz it ain't too smart....:NoNo:

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 14:33

That sounded like Stephen Fry.

Alan
8th September 2009, 14:38
Don't know your name.. but has been a pleasure bantering with you.. a great wind up. Pity old Alan could not spot it.. I gues someone will have to go down on bended knee in order to convince him to return... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

I think the expression is 'touche' isn't it? Bloody women always dropping sprogs - wouldn't go anywhere near 'em!!!

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:44
Ok, Medallion man.... Here we go..

You are 100% free to have your views and explain to other how you reached that decision, but it irks me to no end, actually it makes me slightly annoyed if not downright pissed off, when someone is actually being insulting on purpose and not give other people views a fair hearing.

Too me, personally you sound very confused and insecure in your dealings with the subject you started this thread with...

Now I will give you my personal observation, which I worked out all by myself over the years, and various attendaces in delivery rooms...:omg:

"If you are man enough to squirt it in there, you should be man enough to be there when it comes out again....":xxgrinning--00xx3:

So, quit the bitchin' and the name calling, coz it ain't too smart....:NoNo:

In replying to this is was not sure if a simple yawn would suffice... If you cannot accept the concept of a **ssy whipped guy, then its unfortunate.
It's like being a member of the flat earth society... :)

bystander

bystander09
8th September 2009, 14:46
I think the expression is 'touche' isn't it? Bloody women always dropping sprogs - wouldn't go anywhere near 'em!!!

WELCOME BACK AL....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

aromulus
8th September 2009, 14:47
Hunter gatherer that can't hack a bit of blood and gore.....:doh

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 14:49
Question for the ladies if I may,and I am sure they will read this :Erm:Is it customary for Philippine guys to be in the room watching their childs birth or is this more a western concept?

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 14:54
Question for the ladies if I may,and I am sure they will read this :Erm:Is it customary for Philippine guys to be in the room watching their childs birth or is this more a western concept?

Wouldn't they be at cock fighting?

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 14:58
Wouldn't they be at cock fighting?
It was a pertinent enough question :Erm:I just want to find out if this new age stuff is western in origin,how may children have you Gary?Were you at their births?:Erm:

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 15:11
It was a pertinent enough question :Erm:I just want to find out if this new age stuff is western in origin,how may children have you Gary?Were you at their births?:Erm:

I was there in November but he appear in January just after I had to leave. So I did not get the chance. It sucked. He is called Connor.

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 15:17
Thats a downer,but its just the way it played out,no fault on either side,these things happen and are part and parcel of fragmented LDR's,but everyone should calm down in this thread,its personal choice,we all live by different codes,preferences,opinions,some want to attend and some dont,I was outside drinking a cup of tea and reading a magazine article when my son appeared(to this day I sometimes wonder how the article ended)it doesnt make me a knuckle-dragging cro-magnon,neither does the guy who wants to watch wear panties and a dress in the privacy of his home(well,he might do:Erm:)its just different strokes for different blokes :)

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 15:24
Thats a downer,but its just the way it played out,no fault on either side,these things happen and are part and parcel of fragmented LDR's,but everyone should calm down in this thread,its personal choice,we all live by different codes,preferences,opinions,some want to attend and some dont,I was outside drinking a cup of tea and reading a magazine article when my son appeared(to this day I sometimes wonder how the article ended)it doesnt make me a knuckle-dragging cro-magnon,neither does the guy who wants to watch wear panties and a dress in the privacy of his home(well,he might do:Erm:)its just different strokes for different blokes :)

Well, what brings this home is, as men we boast of our achievements in industry, technology, science and conquer natures difficult obstacles.

At childbirth we do feel helpless and have lack of control of the situation(unless you are a trained midwife)
Nature takes it course.

Husband present at the birth? (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080517113125AAjswOH)

bystander09
8th September 2009, 15:27

The women appear to be silent regarding this matter.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Two of my three kids were born in the PI, and men were very much NOT WELCOME in the delivery room, and no Filipino guy I have ever talked to in the PI had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room.. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

My hats off to them, Filipinos have always been sort of ballsy guys..:tdo13:

bystander

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 15:31
The women appear to be silent regarding this matter.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Two of my three kids were born in the PI, and men were very much NOT WELCOME in the delivery room, and no Filipino guy I have ever talked to in the PI had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room.. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander
I have to be honest with you,I was scratching my head and cant think of one single pinoy guy I know who told me he was at the birth of his child :Erm:I will ask around :Erm:

bystander09
8th September 2009, 15:31
At childbirth we do feel helpless and have lack of control of the situation(unless you are a trained midwife)
Nature takes it course.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080517113125AAjswOH

Indeed, and thats why its best to keep out of the way..

bystander

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 15:32

bystander

Perhaps they are outside look up at the sky for Mr stork to come

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 15:33
Indeed, and thats why its best to keep out of the way..

bystander

Maybe if they gave the man a vacuum cleaner to suck him out and make it easier. Then he would feel he is doing good.

KeithD
8th September 2009, 15:53
Are you guys all bleeding for the next 3 days? :Erm:

Simple solution, you get the missus to give birth in the pub. Sorted :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 15:55

Simple solution, you get the missus to give birth in the pub. Sorted :xxgrinning--00xx3:

haha I said that already boss- I think you would prefer a big buxom viking lassie called Helga who drinks like a fish and spends all her time drinking more than you. Then when the times comes she just goes over to the corner and gets on with it.

KeithD
8th September 2009, 15:58
I never read threads, I just look at the title and post, that's why most of the time it looks like I post crap! :D

GaryFifer
8th September 2009, 16:07
Your sarcastic comments always are good laugh.Keep em coming

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 16:52
I have to be honest with you,I was scratching my head and cant think of one single pinoy guy I know who told me he was at the birth of his child :Erm:I will ask around :Erm:

That's probably why the nurses wouldn't let me into the delivery room at first, it's not expected :)

Jim

Tawi2
8th September 2009, 17:10
That's probably why the nurses wouldn't let me into the delivery room at first, it's not expected :)

Jim
Could well be so,it will be interesting to hear from any of the ladies whether their dads,brothers,uncles or cousins actually living in Pinas have attended the birth of their child,is it customary?:Erm: To be honest though my father wasnt at my birth,though he was at the conception :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
8th September 2009, 17:37
When I look at my kids, sometimes I think it would have been kinder to bring the afterbirth home instead :rolleyes:

RickyR
8th September 2009, 20:18
Supporting you wife is one thing, but videoing it seems a bit extreme and wierd to be honest. But if thats your thing, go for it, nobody is stopping you!

Sophie
8th September 2009, 20:54
Question for the ladies if I may,and I am sure they will read this :Erm:Is it customary for Philippine guys to be in the room watching their childs birth?

YES Tawi, very much so.............

Sophie
8th September 2009, 21:20

I beg to disagree, men are welcome in the delivery room in the philippines.
My dad was in the delivery room when my mom gave birth to me and my sibblings......
My brother was in the delivery room when his wife gave birth......
My brothers in law were at the delivery room when my sisters gave birth...
And a lot of my guy friends, neigbors and relatives did thesame thing....

And to me, these are the guys i consider "ballsy", because they are man enough to be there for their wives
to give support and comfort as their wives go through the painful ordeal of giving birth....
And i certainly don't think its fair for these men to be regarded as p***ssy whipped
just because they made a choice to be good husbands and be by their wives side at the time they're needed the most.....

Sophie
8th September 2009, 21:28

or get the husband to drink all the booze he can consume in the hospital with his mates :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 22:00
Got to agree with the versatile and adaptation :xxgrinning--00xx3:but in a delivery room :cwm24:up to your ankles in blood :omg:the floor awash with guts and the screams echoing around the room :icon_lol::icon_lol: Everyones taking this topic very seriously :icon_lol:

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, programme a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

I am sure there is room in there for "deliver a baby" :D as I am sure a lot of fronteirsmen had to do in the early days of America.

No prizes for working out where the quote comes from, google has long spoiled that game :)

I was trying to remember this quote in my original reply Tawi, I somehow have the feeling you may have read this book? but then again maybe not.

I'm still working on that list ;)

Jim

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 22:09

Thinking outside the box :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Jim

bystander09
8th September 2009, 22:15
My dad were in the delivery room when my mom gave birth to me and my sibblings......
My brother is in the delivery room when his wife gave birth......

And to me, these are the guys i consider "ballsy", because they are man enough to be there for their wives
to give support and comfort as their wives go through the painful ordeal of giving birth....
And i certainly don't think its fair for these men to be regarded as p***ssy whipped
just because they made a choice to be good husbands and be there by their wives side at the time they're needed the most.....

This is typical feminist pink revolution drivel, trying to associate being a good husband with a presence in the delivery room.. :NoNo: Again the delivery room is no place for a man. The males in this lady's family appear to be severely **ssy whipped, and in my opinion of very UNTYPICAL of your average Pinoy.. :doh

bystander

Pepe n Pilar
8th September 2009, 22:16
Every filipino woman wants their husbands to be at their bedside during the delivery as what Sophie had said but, because some hospitals don't allow that and so husbands just wait outside the delivery room. Every hospitals has different rules anyway. There is a waiting area just near the D.R. I can say that most of filipino men wants to be there during those times their wives need them most. Even if they aren't allowed they are just nearby and eagerly waiting for whatever news from the doctors.

When my sister gave birth her husband was the very first person to enter the room and took pictures and had video as well (after giving birth). Well, the doctor said after the mother then the father (bec he said the father should be the first one to see the baby) and followed by sisters or whoever was with him.

I haven't heard a guy having a hard booze in the pub or with his mates whilst his wife is in the delivery room. If that is happening in the Phils for sure the husband will have a negative impression from his friends and relatives...He will be regarded as "irresponsible husband"..

aromulus
8th September 2009, 22:22
very UNTYPICAL of your average Pinoy.. :doh

bystander

And I take it that you are an authority on the subject, then...:Erm:

Sophie
8th September 2009, 22:29
This is typical feminist pink revolution drivel, trying to associate being a good husband with a presence in the delivery room.. :NoNo: Again the delivery room is no place for a man. The males in this lady's family appear to be severely **ssy whipped, and in my opinion of very UNTYPICAL of your average Pinoy.. :doh

bystander

As much as you are entitled to voice out your personal view here, mocking and insulting the men in my family is way out of line!!!!
And i will not let you ridicule the men i admired and look up to my whole life (specially my dad and my brothers)
for being the outstanding and loving men that they are and have always been.....
Voicing out your personal view and opinion is fine, but mocking and insulting those who think otherwise is certainly not fair :NoNo:

bystander09
8th September 2009, 22:31
YES Tawi, very much so.............

Beg to differ.. It is not expected, and in most cases is actually discouraged by delivery room staff in the PI.. Two of my kids were born in the PI, one in Makati Medical Centre, and one in a provincial hospital in Balanga Bataan.. :)At both locations men were PNG in the delivery room... :BouncyHappy:

After 13 years in the PI, I have never met any Pinoy irrespective of social status that had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You are just expounding Western feminist drivel and trying to plug it into a PI environment.. its not credible.. and does not work... :NoNo:

bystander

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 22:33

This guy is trolling :) no amount of discussion or debate is going to change his views, it's his thread and the sensible folk have said all they can, a bit of thread drift is in order ;) :D

Jim

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 22:35
As much as you are entitled to voice out your personal view here, mocking and insulting the men in my family is way out of line!!!!
And i will not let you ridicule the men i admired and look up to my whole life (specially my dad and my brothers)
for being the outstanding and loving men that they are and have always been.....
Voicing out your personal view and opinion is fine, but mocking and insulting those who think otherwise is certainly not fair :NoNo:

Well said Sophie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jim

bystander09
8th September 2009, 22:36

OH please spare me this feminine outrage... :doh It's you who is going off at various tangents trying to make emotional connections and imaginary scenarios... :NoNo:

Its getting late; should you not be occupying yourself with putting the kids to bed, and finishing the washing up..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 22:38
OH please spare me this feminine outrage... :doh It's you who is going off at various tangents trying to make emotional connections and imaginary scenarios... :NoNo:

Its getting late; should you not be occupying yourself with putting the kids to bed, and finishing the washing up..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

Yeah keep trying to push buttons to upset people :doh

Jim

aromulus
8th September 2009, 22:41

bystander

Sexist too....:doh

Sophie
8th September 2009, 22:45
Beg to differ.. It is not expected, and in most cases is actually discouraged by delivery room staff in the PI.. Two of my kids were born in the PI, one in Makati Medical Centre, and one in a provincial hospital in Balanga Bataan.. :)At both locations men were PNG in the delivery room... :BouncyHappy:

After 13 years in the PI, I have never met any Pinoy irrespective of social status that had been or wanted to be present in the delivery room.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You are just expounding Western feminist drivel and trying to plug it into a PI environment.. its not credible.. and does not work... :NoNo:

bystander

I'm not expounding western feminist drivel and trying to plug it into a PI environment.....
I don't even know that this is a western thing until now, but as far as my experience and real account is concerned, this is a filipino thing......
And to me, it is a credible fact, because i've seen filipino men do this....
You've been there 13 years, i've been there all my life, i think i certainly know what i'm talking about.....

bystander09
8th September 2009, 22:46

Certainly not.. However being married to a Pinay for 23 years, living for 13 years in the PI, and having two kids born in the PI.. Probably more authoritative than quite a few on this thread.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

Sophie
8th September 2009, 22:58
This guy is trolling :) no amount of discussion or debate is going to change his views, it's his thread and the sensible folk have said all they can, a bit of thread drift is in order ;) :D

Jim

I agree with you jim, waste of time indeed and i'm done wasting my time on this guy.....:ARsurrender:

JimOttley
9th September 2009, 00:54
I agree with you jim, waste of time indeed and i'm done wasting my time on this guy.....:ARsurrender:

Surrender Flag? :NoNo:

Don't surrender Sofie you won !!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jim

britishdetained
9th September 2009, 01:08
My dad were in the delivery room when my mom gave birth to me and my sibblings......
My brother is in the delivery room when his wife gave birth......

just because they made a choice to be good husbands and be by their wives side at the time they're needed the most.....

Agree with Sophie, my dad was there when I was born! Same with most of my male relatives stayed with their wives at the labour room to the deliver room.

Kevin was and always there when I give birth., Nothing more joyful in the planet to be the first one to welcome your own child. But then its a choice...:)

Florge
9th September 2009, 06:12
Amen,individual choice :xxgrinning--00xx3:Some want,some dont:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Exactly! Bystander shouldn't be convincing his mate to stay out of the delivery room then right? He was excited in taking pictures or videos of his wife giving birth, so let him be... He (the mate) is not you (bystander).. so let him do what he wants... :doh

Florge
9th September 2009, 06:19

A few years back, most hospitals won't allow the fathers in the delivery room for fear that the fathers would panic and faint at the sight of blood... lately, most hospitals allow fathers to be in the delivery room if they want to and even allow them to cut the cord.. but that depends on the OB-GYNE and the hospital...

Florge
9th September 2009, 06:30

bystander

typical male chauvinist pig :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: I pity your wife... he has to deal with someone like you day in-day out... and i'm guessing, you look exactly like your avatar? poor poor you... :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

scott&ligaya
9th September 2009, 07:47
Message to Boss,
why have you not banned this antagonistic dinosaur from this forum. He is deleiberately upsetting and goading memeber on here who actively and constructively support this website you have created. Trolling should not be encouraged.Tawi is right about encouraging debate and letting each view be heard bit this relative newbie (August 09) seems dead set on just aggravating and annoying members on here. Why is he tolerated?

KeithD
9th September 2009, 09:18
Sounds like he's been whipping his own :icon_tonguew: too much and suffered brain damage :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th September 2009, 09:22
Certainly not.. However being married to a Pinay for 23 years, living for 13 years in the PI, and having two kids born in the PI.. Probably more authoritative than quite a few on this thread.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander
Gordon Brown has lived in the UK all his life and knows bugger all. Are you related to him?

Well to be totally honest, you don't really get to meet many people when in solitary in a mental hospital :doh

Has anyone noticed that he is the only one that agrees with himself, and is so far up his own backside he doesn't realise the hole he's digging will be popping out near the South Pole any time now! I think it's just sad, and we should help people with mental health problems. :)

bystander09
9th September 2009, 09:27
typical male chauvinist pig :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

AND PROUD OF IT... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

bornatbirth
9th September 2009, 09:33
does anyone remember alf garnet?

bornatbirth
9th September 2009, 09:36
btw those who display strong manly feeling are often in the closet,are you sure your not looking for some :action-smiley-081: :D

KeithD
9th September 2009, 09:36
He's your son! :omg:

bystander09
9th September 2009, 09:39
Message to Boss,
why have you not banned this antagonistic dinosaur from this forum. He is deleiberately upsetting and goading memeber on here who actively and constructively support this website you have created. Trolling should not be encouraged.Tawi is right about encouraging debate and letting each view be heard bit this relative newbie (August 09) seems dead set on just aggravating and annoying members on here. Why is he tolerated?

May I remind you that you have no obligation to reply, and that there are alternative threads available for you to visit... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its rather like the television, you know... with the channel switch... just because you don't like a programs content.. you change channels, rather than calling for the TV station to be taken off the air.. :doh

However, must close.. I would not like to disturb you any further.. I am sure there is plenty of housework for you to be getting on with.. :cwm12:

bystander

bornatbirth
9th September 2009, 09:39
He's your son! :omg:

you mean hes going to be mocked and laughed at and turn into a grumpy old fart?.......hello bystander :icon_lol:

KeithD
9th September 2009, 09:42
:action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:

Look up.....the sky is full of brown stars!

bystander09
9th September 2009, 09:49
you mean hes going to be mocked and laughed at and turn into a grumpy old fart?.......hello bystander :icon_lol:

Good morning,

Already there mate... have the t-shirt and proud... :D

bystander

bystander09
9th September 2009, 09:51
:action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:

Look up.....the sky is full of brown stars!

Have big umbrella... sky of no concern.. thanks for your concern.. :D

bystander

tiN
9th September 2009, 10:36
typical male chauvinist pig :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: I pity your wife... he has to deal with someone like you day in-day out... and i'm guessing, you look exactly like your avatar? poor poor you... :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

AND PROUD OF IT... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

Poor you :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

bystander09
9th September 2009, 10:52
Poor you :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Firstly..

Good morning to the Pinay's resident in the conquered territories to North of the River Thames..

Thanks but no pity required.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

JimOttley
9th September 2009, 11:23

:icon_lol: I was just about to say that :D

MarBell379
9th September 2009, 11:25
There is nothing on this earth that would have made me intentionally miss the birth of either of my kids.
Its one of the most moving experiences ever, and I wanted to be there to support my (now ex) wife as well!

To my mind, nothing seems as uncaring as intentionally leaving your loved one to go through hours of pain without your support.

Video, naaah - its not the imagery you're after its the emotional impact and support you're there for- but definitely be there.

bystander09
9th September 2009, 11:38
Its one of the most moving experiences ever, and I wanted to be there to support my (now ex) wife as well!

Well that kicks the bonding theory into touch.. :doh

bystander

KeithD
9th September 2009, 11:40
Well that kicks the bonding theory into touch.. :doh

It would if the baby was giving birth to the mother, but we have been talking about bonding with the child. :doh

I take it in school you were always at the back of the class, and couldn't hear anything the teacher said! :rolleyes:

bystander09
9th September 2009, 11:49
It would if the baby was giving birth to the mother, but we have been talking about bonding with the child. :doh

I take it in school you were always at the back of the class, and couldn't hear anything the teacher said! :rolleyes:

Hail to the Almighty One.. Maybe if you gave up speed reading you would not come up with these Spooner inspired conclusions.. Do you need assistance concerning Spooner..?? :D

bystander

KeithD
9th September 2009, 12:18
So far you have not posted any posts of any use, all you have managed to do is prove time and time again that you live in a cocooned little world, about a century ago, and the only fan you have probably went down the toilet.

Plenty of forums exist for misguided, arrogant people like yourself, I suggest you find one, as no one on here likes you, that is quite clear, but you seem incapable of seeing past your own eyelids.

I'll take a shot here, but I bet your the ald guy who sits in the same place in the bar, for hours with 1/2 a glass of mild, smoking a rollup, and smelling of pee.

aromulus
9th September 2009, 13:44
To me and many others, "being a man" does not mean standing and watching over the wife while she hoovers, washes the dishes in the kitchen, dusts, changes the dirty nappies, gets the kids ready for school after having prepared brakfast for everyone, etc, etc.....

Being a man, means, broadly speaking, taking responsability for your own actions, being helpful and ready to share the workload with your partner.
Being generous with your time, to listen, and guide, give advice even if it not followed through, generally being compassionate in everything you do.

Not forgetting being protective without possessiveness.

But obviously mr "bloke" medallion man likes to be compared to club carrying neanderthals.

triple5
9th September 2009, 13:50
He seems to have gone a bit quiet. Maybe the missus gave him a clip round the ear and told him to get back to the household chores. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

bystander09
9th September 2009, 14:11
Plenty of forums exist for misguided, arrogant people like yourself, I suggest you find one, as no one on here likes you, that is quite clear, but you seem incapable of seeing past your own eyelids.

I'll take a shot here, but I bet your the ald guy who sits in the same place in the bar, for hours with 1/2 a glass of mild, smoking a rollup, and smelling of pee.

Interesting... Arrogant.. I would suggest that you fit the bill perfectly.. judging from some of your comments on other threads.. Your arrogance stems from a small person with a little authority... the corporal syndrome..

In terms of popularity, that can be addressed... However corporal.. you have the power, how you choose to exercise it defines the man..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

bystander09
9th September 2009, 14:13
He seems to have gone a bit quiet. Maybe the missus gave him a clip round the ear and told him to get back to the household chores. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Happens sometimes... just drop the chores bit... :doh

bystander

bystander09
9th September 2009, 14:30
To me and many others, "being a man" does not mean standing and watching over the wife while she hoovers, washes the dishes in the kitchen, dusts, changes the dirty nappies, gets the kids ready for school after having prepared brakfast for everyone, etc, etc.....

No time for that mate... have to go out to work... the household chores, the budget, and the running of the house are strictly the responsibility of the missus.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(Just before you get creative.... am currently on hols..)

bystander

triple5
9th September 2009, 14:36
the household chores, the budget, and the running of the house are strictly the responsibility of the missus..

And if, God forbid, the missus was to have an accident or an illness and could no longer do these tasks, would you be "man" enough to step into her shoes?

deckard97f
9th September 2009, 14:41
Having not visited the site for a few days and just read this thread from start to finish, have to stay it's been funny

To add my two pesos worth.

I wanted to be at the birth of my daughter, however my wife insisted that it was not the done thing in the phillippines.
I do believe she was generally embarrassed that i would want to be in there.
In the end i relented - my dad wasn't at any of my siblings births, so i just assumed it was like the UK 30 years ago

Deck

bystander09
9th September 2009, 14:41
And if, God forbid, the missus was to have an accident or an illness and could no longer do these tasks, would you be "man" enough to step into her shoes?

Certainly not, this is not mans work; I would temporarily hire someone, until we could get a family member over from the Phils to help out until she recovered...:doh

bystander

bystander09
9th September 2009, 14:53
Having not visited the site for a few days and just read this thread from start to finish, have to stay it's been funny

To add my two pesos worth.

I wanted to be at the birth of my daughter, however my wife insisted that it was not the done thing in the phillippines.
I do believe she was generally embarrassed that i would want to be in there.
In the end i relented - my dad wasn't at any of my siblings births, so i just assumed it was like the UK 30 years ago

Deck

Hi Deck.. Thanks for Dropping by..

Indeed 30 years ago this was the norm..:xxgrinning--00xx3: This pink revolution feminist crap.. "OH help me push darling" is beginning to devalue the male genome. Why I even know some sad **ssy whipped wimps that attend prenatal classes with their women... just how whipped can a man get..shameful.. :omg:

bystander

KeithD
9th September 2009, 15:44
Arrogant.. I would suggest that you fit the bill perfectly.. judging from some of your comments on other threads..
:doh OOPS

Add 'lacking in any sense of humour' as well to the list

....oh....and BANNED :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You broke the record of number of complaints in the 9 year history I've owned forums :action-smiley-081:

Juan Cruz
11th September 2009, 11:54
:doh OOPS

Add 'lacking in any sense of humour' as well to the list

....oh....and BANNED :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You broke the record of number of complaints in the 9 year history I've owned forums :action-smiley-081:

Why ban? many Filipino men are like this.

Jan Cruz

scott&ligaya
11th September 2009, 12:14
heh Juan,
perhaps that is why your women like us westerners so much:doh:doh:doh

and we are not all just rich guys who want a new young plaything

KeithD
11th September 2009, 12:19
Why ban? many Filipino men are like this.

Jan Cruz
Because I'm the boss and people are on my property. If someone had that attitude at work they'd soon be out of a job with most managers. If people are upsetting your friends on your property I suppose you hug them!!

Juan Cruz
11th September 2009, 13:06
heh Juan,
perhaps that is why your women like us westerners so much:doh:doh:doh

and we are not all just rich guys who want a new young plaything

Many Filipinas do not care who you are or where you come from. They just want your money to support thier families..

Juan Cruz

bornatbirth
11th September 2009, 13:18
Many Filipinas do not care who you are or where you come from. They just want your money to support thier families..

bystander

:doh

ca143
11th September 2009, 13:18

Juan Cruz

careful of ur words....there are some maybe but not ALL

aromulus
11th September 2009, 13:25

Juan Cruz

This statement of yours may well hold true to some extent, but I can assure you 100% that my wife does not enter into that bracket.

Nor many other wifes, members of this forum.

Actually, a lot of the ladies, on board here, resent supporting some of the lazy relatives back home, and only give some help when it is really needed.

However, In saying that, I must also bring to attention the fact that some of the ladies are being given the "Guilt trip" by the family and are emotionally blackmailed into giving total support.:doh

bornatbirth
11th September 2009, 13:29
my wifes family wont take my money,but she will spend it instead! :icon_lol:

Juan Cruz
11th September 2009, 14:32
This statement of yours may well hold true to some extent, but I can assure you 100% that my wife does not enter into that bracket.

Nor many other wifes, members of this forum.

Actually, a lot of the ladies, on board here, resent supporting some of the lazy relatives back home, and only give some help when it is really needed.

However, In saying that, I must also bring to attention the fact that some of the ladies are being given the "Guilt trip" by the family and are emotionally blackmailed into giving total support.:doh

Yes they may resent supporting family back home. But they always will..

Juan Cruz

kimmi
11th September 2009, 14:53

Juan Cruz

Juan Cruz

are u talking based on ur own experience ?:Erm:

KeithD
11th September 2009, 14:55
Strange that this Juan has the same attitude and 4 posts....and responds in this thread only.......:doh :NoNo: :action-smiley-081:

....and the same IP....must think we are dumb or something when he's the one who just proved who the dumb one is :Cuckoo:

aromulus
11th September 2009, 15:17
Strange that this Juan has the same attitude and 4 posts....and responds in this thread only.......:doh :NoNo: :action-smiley-081:

....and the same IP....must think we are dumb or something when he's the one who just proved who the dumb one is :Cuckoo:

You are a spoilsport at times, Boss.....:cwm23:

I was going to call him Juan... Kerr.....:omg:

And have some fun....:NoNo:

bornatbirth
11th September 2009, 15:17

the other giveaway is that he put juan cruz on his posts too :icon_lol:

triple5
11th September 2009, 15:36
Lucky you busted him before he found his way to the thread on the ladies football final. The horror of it :omg: girls playing football! The pink revolution's taking over I tell ye!!!

fred
14th September 2009, 10:13
I was present at the birth of my first one and inhaled more gas and air than she did...Take my advise...If you go in for no other reason then to try gas and air you will not be disappointed..
Beats the pub hands down.

GaryFifer
14th September 2009, 11:23
There's been enough gas and air on this thread for a lifetime.:)

Pete67
1st December 2009, 12:36
Personally speaking I think am man enough to admit that there is now way I would want to be present at the birth of my child, but hope I would be man enough to be there if the missus wanted me to. If the situation ever arose of course.

I like this -

I was going to call him Juan... Kerr:lol2:

pennybarry
1st December 2009, 13:00

Juan Cruz

Hey! don't use our symbolic name. :angry: Use your own symbolic name as it's obvious you're not filipino. It sounds our symbolic name.:Vader:

Not all of us supports family back home from husband money. I am sorry if that is your experience. :D We support our husband !!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Juan de la Cruz is symbolically used in the Philippines to represent the "Filipino". The name is roughly the equivalent of the American Uncle Sam and John Doe. Juan de la Cruz is usually depicted wearing the native Salakot hat, Barong Tagalog, long pants, and slippers (called Chinelas in Filipino). The term Juan de la Cruz is also used when referring to the collective Filipino psyche. The terminology was coined by Robert McCulloch Dick, a Scottish-born journalist working for the Manila Times in the early 1900s, after discovering it was the most common name in blotters.

The name is Spanish which translates to "John of the Cross". The majority of Filipinos have acquired Spanish surnames largely due to more than 333 years of Spanish colonial rule in the Philippines. The Roman Catholic Church also plays an important role in the naming of a child, with almost every other baby baptized and named after a saint. San Juan de la Cruz was a Spanish mystic and Doctor of the Church; a leading figure in the Catholic Reformation.

Activists often call Juan de la Cruz a victim of American imperialism, especially since most editorial cartoons of the American era often depicted Juan de la Cruz along with Uncle Sam.