PDA

View Full Version : Barrio Fiesta, Manchester, Who is going then...???

aromulus
5th September 2009, 09:21
To the Barrio Fiesta In Heaton Park in Manchester?????:Erm:

We already booked the day off from work, and look forward to meet some of you lot....:D

Weather permitting of course......:rolleyes:

http://www.pinoyevents.co.uk/northwest/

belfast_dude
5th September 2009, 10:55
i wanna go:bigcry:

aromulus
5th September 2009, 20:33
i wanna go:bigcry:

What's keeping yah...???:Erm:

Northerner
5th September 2009, 20:48
Think I'm stuck :bigcry: Couldn't get there till about 7.30pm as I can't get the day off of work! Tried and failed. :cwm24: Looks like my first taste of Filipino food will be in Manila airport:rolleyes:

Tawi2
5th September 2009, 21:01
Think I'm stuck :bigcry: Couldn't get there till about 7.30pm as I can't get the day off of work! Tried and failed. :cwm24: Looks like my first taste of Filipino food will be in Manila airport:rolleyes:

Nah,just open a tin of hotdogs or pop into McDonalds,voila,instand "Pinoy-chow":icon_lol:The only "Authentic" pinoy food in Manila Airport is Dunkin-donuts or some americanised fast food scran :icon_lol:

Northerner
5th September 2009, 21:08
Nah,just open a tin of hotdogs or pop into McDonalds,voila,instand "Pinoy-chow":icon_lol:The only "Authentic" pinoy food in Manila Airport is Dunkin-donuts or some americanised fast food scran :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Cool.. Or stick a pinapple on a burger! :D

From what I have read, I am getting myself ready for two things; fish and vinegar! But without the chips and salt:Erm:

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:13

No no they have to be those really really RED hot dogs :icon_lol:

I agree nothing particularly nice in NAIA :)

Jim

Tawi2
5th September 2009, 21:14

From what I have read, I am getting myself ready for two things; fish and vinegar! But without the chips and salt:Erm:
Yup,quantity over quality,its not called eat and run for nothing :xxgrinning--00xx3: Its not exactly the best food in asia :rolleyes:

Tawi2
5th September 2009, 21:14
No no they have to be those really really RED hot dogs :icon_lol:

Jim
Worm-dogs :icon_lol:

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:16

It's not malt vinegar, it's much nicer than that, vinegar and Raw Chilli with Kalamansi and baked Tilapia stuffed with lot of veg, yummm :)

Jim

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:19
Worm-dogs :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: they do seem to find their way into just about everything, they can be nice in Filipino spaghetti though :)

somebody
5th September 2009, 21:19

Sure the Wife had something she loved in the cafe near the entrances to the departure area. Seemed quite phill foods

But in arrivals as you get to the greeting area you see jolibees how phill do you want:D

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:22

I would like to go but I'm a little shy as I would be on my own and Ana would get upset at me going without her (you know the insane jealousy thing :icon_lol:)

What time does it start?

Jim

Tawi2
5th September 2009, 21:24
:icon_lol:On your own :icon_lol:

Northerner

Jim

Surely, there must be soething other than Maccie D's and Jollibee? I'm sure after a long flight a nice sweaty burger to follow the dry tasteless airline food will go down treat, but I might be in the mood for something a little bit more 'fresh':Erm:

JimOttley
Sure the Wife had something she loved in the cafe near the entrances to the departure area. Seemed quite phill foods

But in arrivals as you get to the greeting area you see jolibees how phill do you want:D

In all fairness you can get rice and chop suey and lot of other stuff in Jolibees that you would not get in McDonalds in the UK, it's not quite as lethal as our fast food restaurants. :)

Jim

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:31
Surely, there must be soething other than Maccie D's and Jollibee? I'm sure after a long flight a nice sweaty burger to follow the dry tasteless airline food will go down treat, but I might be in the mood for something a little bit more 'fresh':Erm:

What airline? I always found KLM's food is pretty good, even at the back of the bus :) I quite liked being woken up in the middle of night for my noodles. How come Asians can do flavoured noodles and boiled water that actually tastes like food, good food and yet pot noddle in the UK is the most foul crud ever invented :icon_lol:

On a more serious note there are a couple of half decent restaurants upstairs in departures near the lounges, most of the lounge food is pretty poor I'm not sure how much local food your are likely to get there though.

Jim

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:34
:icon_lol:On your own :icon_lol:

Yeah probably pretty pointless :) I miss the atmosphere though and the food hot dogs included :)

Tawi2
5th September 2009, 21:37
One thing I never,ever miss about pinas is the food :icon_lol:The country is ok but the food?:NoNo:Dont get me wrong,I will eat it but other SE Asian countries have far better cuisine.

JimOttley
5th September 2009, 21:55
One thing I never,ever miss about pinas is the food :icon_lol:The country is ok but the food?:NoNo:Dont get me wrong,I will eat it but other SE Asian countries have far better cuisine.

I think it is actually quite Scottish in some ways, high fat, lots of stews and a bit bland except for a bit of spice.

I remember sitting there smelling something very familiar then Ana served up a plate of some kind of fried meat, it tried it and turned round to her and said "Ana this is Lorne sausage!!!!" it wasn't but it was quite close :) I think it was fried spam :icon_lol:

I like the Fish, Adobo, the veg dishes, Kaldareta, Laing lots of little things but I do agree a lot of the indiginous food is bland heart attack stuff just like Scotland :icon_lol:

The good thing about Manila is that you can get a really good mix of Asian cuisine at every corner and it's bloody cheap :)

I just miss the food because it feels like home now, when Ana was here in the UK the quality of ingredients here along with her cooking was absolutely great I was completely spoiled, I had always thought that Nanay was the great cook in the family :icon_lol:

Ana really likes my cooking though and I quite often cook for the family when I am there :)

Jim

bystander09
7th September 2009, 11:57
I would like to go but I'm a little shy as I would be on my own and Ana would get upset at me going without her (you know the insane jealousy thing :icon_lol:)

What time does it start?

Jim

Jim,

Keeping the wife jealous is a vital component of your marriage... Suggest you go for it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bystander

Peanutz
7th September 2009, 19:41
Mi piacerebbe andare :bigcry:

Dave will be working this Saturday so no chance for me to come over...
It would be great to meet you guys.

Ate Ping, get Keith to take us to the Festival?:rolleyes:

aromulus
7th September 2009, 19:57
Mi piacerebbe andare :bigcry:

Dave will be working this Saturday so no chance for me to come over...
It would be great to meet you guys.

Ate Ping, get Keith to take us to the Festival?:rolleyes:

About time you posted again.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ciao bella.:rolleyes:

belfast_dude
7th September 2009, 20:55

i live to far away...and am saving my time off for holidays home...

sparky
7th September 2009, 21:04
i am sure there will be a balut stand somewhere nearby :(

joebloggs
7th September 2009, 21:40
looks like the misses wants to go now, what time are you going dom ?

so i can avoid you :D

:xxparty-smiley-004:

joebloggs
12th September 2009, 20:03
me, the misses and kids went to the barrio fiesta for a couple of hours, it was really hot :mad:

we met a few pinoys we know there :rolleyes:

anyone else go ?

the filipinos in the middle pic are the owners of the local pinoy shop.. and whos that, its little joe with the misses :yikes:

they offered to swap little joe, for thier little gal in the middle wearing the yellow dress, i was tempted :D

Northerner
12th September 2009, 20:05
:bigcry: Was stuck in work :bigcry::cwm23::Erm::bigcry:

joebloggs
12th September 2009, 20:10
work on a saturday :cwm23:

never have, never will :D

jta
12th September 2009, 20:16
hmmmmm, we been there but My GOD it's a long queue for food and when my turn came all the food had gone and waited for another 30 mins for the newly cooked barbeque...I thought so many different filipino foods stall thats why i didnt bother eating so much before we lelft at home.

Northerner
12th September 2009, 20:20
hmmmmm, we been there but My GOD it's a long queue for food and when my turn came all the food had gone and waited for another 30 mins for the newly cooked barbeque...I thought so many different filipino foods stall thats why i didnt bother eating so much before we lelft at home.

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: Think I'll have a sulk for a few hours :icon_lol:

But as a bonus, had a half hour chat with Rizza over yahoo messenger in my break for the first time:Jump:

jimeve
12th September 2009, 20:38
work on a saturday :cwm23:

never have, never will :D

Shabbat.

thejarvs
13th September 2009, 08:34
We stood in a que for about an hour for a rubbish selection of 2 cold dishes grrr :cwm23:

We have been to both Leeds and Bradford barrio fiestas this year but this one was terrible for food very dissapointed, only 2 food stalls :Erm: and no balot :bigcry:

aromulus
13th September 2009, 08:58
We stood in a que for about an hour for a rubbish selection of 2 cold dishes grrr :cwm23:

We have been to both Leeds and Bradford barrio fiestas this year but this one was terrible for food very dissapointed, only 2 food stalls :Erm: and no balot :bigcry:

We got our lunch shortly after arrival, not much of a queue, food fresh, nice and hot and tasty.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th September 2009, 09:45
We got our lunch shortly after arrival, not much of a queue, food fresh, nice and hot and tasty.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
...and that's why everyone else had to queue.....Dom ate the first lot of everything :D