PDA

View Full Version : Safety First

rockman
7th December 2004, 00:30
Hello all i wonderd if anybody knew about traveling in the Phillipines and if anybody knew whether it was safe to travel too Oroquieta city, Misamis, Mindanao and Baliangao, Misamis , Occidental. I have heard one or two conflicting views on the situation in the Phillipines and just wanted to get some more opinions so i can work out which way to go if any !
Thanks, Troy.

Admin
7th December 2004, 01:06
I agree with the British Home Office. DO NOT go to Mindanao. Kidnappings of Westerners is nearly equal that of Iraq this year.

rockman
7th December 2004, 01:17
Yes but what about the places mentioned ? I only want to know about these as i want to visit my ladies family.
I feel sorry for those people that have been kidnapped and can only imagine what there families are going through but has anybody been killed in the phillipines as yet or are they just demanding money ?
As when you sit down and analyse it, it would only happen in this country too if it we were not so stable as we are, wouldn't it, I mean if we had foreign men visiting us and taking away our lady friends wouldn't they be kidnapped ? if we were not so well off, and come to think of it there are still kidnappings in this country anyway, you only have to look at the beckhams to realise that fact, what drove him out of the country ? and don't say money as it was not just money that pulled him away, it was the fear of his family being kidnapped.
I think if you just put the shoe on the other foot as they say you can see what they are going through and when we go over and take there beautiful women away from them they only want to get there own back !