PDA

View Full Version : mother in-law.

dunk
2nd September 2009, 06:54
hi, my mother in-law has failed her resident visa, and failed her two apeals too.
she will be going back the philippines on the 8--9 th of this month , can anyone know how long before she could apply to come back as visitor visa,
many thanks ,
dunk

IainBusby
3rd September 2009, 22:17
hi, my mother in-law has failed her resident visa, and failed her two apeals too.
she will be going back the philippines on the 8--9 th of this month , can anyone know how long before she could apply to come back as visitor visa,
many thanks ,
dunk

Hi Duncan,
As far as I know she will have to wait at least six months before she can apply for another visit visa.
Iain.

maria_and_matt
3rd September 2009, 22:21
Hi Duncan,
As far as I know she will have to wait at least six months before she can apply for another visit visa.
Iain.

yeah as long as she did not overstay her visit, a friends mother overstayed by only a week, she was not given a visa to return since.

darren-b
4th September 2009, 06:10
She can apply straightaway but she is unlikely to be successful. When she should really apply depends on how long she has stayed in the UK on her current visa. If she's only been here a month then she should be ok applying after a month (assuming her current visa has expired) though if she has basically been here the full 6 months then you need to wait 6 months.

As you've attempted several times to get her a residence visa you need to show she is only visiting the country not attempting to live here.