PDA

View Full Version : Spelling Mistake on Visa

reginacarlson
1st September 2009, 20:11
Hello everyone. :Hellooo:

2 weeks ago, I applied for my French Spouse Visa and got my passport back from the French Embassy today. Now the problem is there is a typographical error on my first name. There should have been 2 letter "e" and 1 letter "n" but instead it's the other way around :doh. Should I just leave it like that? or do you think it would cause a problem when I travel to France or to any of the Schengen states?

Visa is valid for 3 years with multiple entries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

PS. I've already sent an email to the French Embassy but have yet to receive a reply.

Ladybug_sim
3rd September 2009, 12:10
Hello everyone. :Hellooo:

2 weeks ago, I applied for my French Spouse Visa and got my passport back from the French Embassy today. Now the problem is there is a typographical error on my first name. There should have been 2 letter "e" and 1 letter "n" but instead it's the other way around :doh. Should I just leave it like that? or do you think it would cause a problem when I travel to France or to any of the Schengen states?

Visa is valid for 3 years with multiple entries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

PS. I've already sent an email to the French Embassy but have yet to receive a reply.

Hi! only I can say, that you really need to changes or correct it with them as it is a problem oneday when you do travel... In terms of papers work you need to be careful or else you need to court your name or what ever you do a wrong letter especially it is an important document.. it is good that you know it early otherwise you need a supporting document on it sign by the lawyer if you not change what you misspell or and error to your name ... well, some more advice with you soon on the members here ... good luck too you.. :Hellooo: