PDA

View Full Version : Annulment

socool007
30th August 2009, 10:17
Wot now Annulment or diveorce,we wed in Davao.who will do and cost please.

Tiggers0608
30th August 2009, 10:24

:omg: wow

:Erm: sorry i have no idea, if ur married to a foreigner they are allowed to get divorced but for u as a pinay i dont know coz phil only allow annulment

:xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck

IainBusby
30th August 2009, 11:04

You can get a divorce here in the UK and I you are the one who instigates the divorce in the UK, as far as your wife is concerned, it will also be accepted in the Philippines I believe. Are you sure things have already reached a position where divorce is the only option? If your not sure then I think you should tell her (or get someone else to pass a message to her) that this is what is in your mind now (divorce) and see what her reaction to this is. It does sound like whatever her real feelings for you, at present she is in a sulk and if that is the case, this may bring her to her senses.
Iain.

pumpkins
30th August 2009, 14:33
thats right decision soCool:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
30th August 2009, 14:48
personaly i cant help you on this as i dont know how it works ....i am sure others do :xxgrinning--00xx3:

all i will say is i think [from what you have told us] that you are making the right decision .....others may say other wise

IainBusby
30th August 2009, 15:56
You can get a divorce here in the UK and I you are the one who instigates the divorce in the UK, as far as your wife is concerned, it will also be accepted in the Philippines I believe. Are you sure things have already reached a position where divorce is the only option? If your not sure then I think you should tell her (or get someone else to pass a message to her) that this is what is in your mind now (divorce) and see what her reaction to this is. It does sound like whatever her real feelings for you, at present she is in a sulk and if that is the case, this may bring her to her senses.
Iain.

Sorry about this post, I wrote it before I'd caught up on your other thread and read that she has a 15 year old boyfriend.

trader dave
30th August 2009, 15:59
Sorry about this post, I wrote it before I'd caught up on your other thread and read that she has a 15 year old boyfriend.

i must say i did wonder if you missed something :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

to me thats nearly as bad as a wife going off with another women :doh:NoNo:

Tiggers0608
30th August 2009, 16:06

:Erm: oh there's another post about the reason, thats why it feels like im missing a puzzle here.

:Erm: but if i remember it right, you just got married last year :Erm: (pls correct me if im wrong) and why is it 15y.o :Erm: how old is ur wife

:Erm: sorry too many question :NoNo:

socool007
30th August 2009, 16:16
She is 21

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 16:21

Tiggers0608
30th August 2009, 16:25
Sorry to hear about what happen'd.

:Erm: Yeah, If u applied for a divorced here in UK it will be valid in the phils as ur a foreigner and shes a pinay :Erm: but i don't know if the rules changed already just check :D

Northerner
30th August 2009, 16:30
She will regret it when this 15 year old kid has moved on to his next girlfriend and she is left with nothing.

Wish you well with this:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
30th August 2009, 18:43

sorry to hear that it will end up this way,:NoNo::NoNo:

wishing u all the best and hope everything will sort out soon..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
30th August 2009, 23:51

if you married in the philippines you can only do an annulment there's no devorce in there specially if you married in church.

IainBusby
31st August 2009, 14:05
if you married in the philippines you can only do an annulment there's no devorce in there specially if you married in church.

But a divorce granted to a UK citizen in the UK will be recognised in Phils and as far as I know as long as it is initiated by the foreign spouse she won't need to get an annulment.

Pepe n Pilar
31st August 2009, 14:14
But a divorce granted to a UK citizen in the UK will be recognised in Phils and as far as I know as long as it is initiated by the foreign spouse she won't need to get an annulment.

I agree:iagree::iagree::xxgrinning--00xx3:

mrs traderdave
31st August 2009, 17:14
Wot now Annulment or diveorce,we wed in Davao.who will do and cost please.i dont have any idea in davao but here in cagayan i heared before that there is a 65yr old american and 19yrs old pilipina and she file annulment cause she said she made her wrong decision:omg::omg::doh:doh:dohthey go to the church office then the priest getting angry why she annul her husband to replace only in other young one :omg::omg::cwm23::cwm23:they both got good advice with the priets and plan to annul its gone:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
31st August 2009, 21:16

I agree with you Iain, i was told that under the family code, if the foreign spouse divorces the filipina wife,
the marriage is dissolved and no longer effective in the philippines.....

jonnijon
1st September 2009, 17:54
As I understand this,if you divorce abroad that is ok,but if you return to the Philippines the divorce is not valid.
I have just parted with £1,500 for our annulment.:cwm23:

D&G
1st September 2009, 18:39
As I understand this,if you divorce abroad that is ok,but if you return to the Philippines the divorce is not valid.
I have just parted with £1,500 for our annulment.:cwm23:

my interpretation of Art. 26 Family Code of the Phils (as ammended by EO 227 ) when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse, both parties shall have capacity to remarry... Therefore, the divorce is likewise valid here in the Phils and consider the marriage dissolved :xxgrinning--00xx3: no need to file for the costly Annulment :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
1st September 2009, 18:43
sorry to hear you end up this way:cwm34:

I agree to what Iain said:xxgrinning--00xx3:

...and I just want to share you some links about UK Divorce.....

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1986/cukpga_19860055_en_6

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/divorce/index.htm

socool007
1st September 2009, 19:39
Thanks for help but still not sure ? oh and how do i change that pic of my cold wife.

Ji&Ma
1st September 2009, 21:22
Thanks for help but still not sure ? oh and how do i change that pic of my cold wife.

Click on "User CP" on the green strap top left, it will take you to the page where you can change settings of your profile - there you can change your "avatar" - search for it on the left side menu "Edit avatar" under "Settings & Options"... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
2nd September 2009, 04:08
I was married before to an american and got a church wedding here and civilly in the states. I filed for a divorced in the US....after two months with no hassle it was granted. But here in the Philippines after I got my divorce papers I needed to file it here and applied for the nullity of marriage here. So far it took me three years until it was granted:NoNo:

But not too sure about others ok, it depends really where you got married eh...unfortunately with mine was a church wedding back in manila cathedral...so to file nullity of marriage in manila is bit difficult as many are doing it...

Good luck, try to get a good lawyer ok and get a package as it is cheaper:xxgrinning--00xx3:

D&G
2nd September 2009, 09:57
I was married before to an american and got a church wedding here and civilly in the states. I filed for a divorced in the US....after two months with no hassle it was granted. But here in the Philippines after I got my divorce papers I needed to file it here and applied for the nullity of marriage here. So far it took me three years until it was granted:NoNo:

But not too sure about others ok, it depends really where you got married eh...unfortunately with mine was a church wedding back in manila cathedral...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

because the Catholic Church would try their very best to preserve the "sanctity of marriage" :rolleyes:

britishdetained
2nd September 2009, 16:35
because the Catholic Church would try their very best to preserve the "sanctity of marriage" :rolleyes:

Exactly but in expense of a life to be tied to the marriage that which in fact even a religion cannot make it work:NoNo::NoNo: and the saddest thing is to be faithful forever and have your husbands name attach to yours even he is a BEAST:doh:Brick::Brick:

I do not blame the church...but they must as well consider to look at the reasons why there are marriages that fails:NoNo:

Sophie
2nd September 2009, 17:09
my interpretation of Art. 26 Family Code of the Phils (as ammended by EO 227 ) when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse, both parties shall have capacity to remarry... Therefore, the divorce is likewise valid here in the Phils and consider the marriage dissolved :xxgrinning--00xx3: no need to file for the costly Annulment :xxgrinning--00xx3:

exactly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
3rd September 2009, 08:49

But not too sure about others ok, it depends really where you got married eh...unfortunately with mine was a church wedding back in manila cathedral...so to file nullity of marriage in manila is bit difficult as many are doing it...

Good luck, try to get a good lawyer ok and get a package as it is cheaper:xxgrinning--00xx3:

BD you had to file for annulment because you filed for divorce, as I understand it, if your American husband (known as the alien spouse in Filipino law) had divorced you, then the marriage would be seen as legally dissolved in the Philippines also.
Iain.

britishdetained
3rd September 2009, 09:02
BD you had to file for annulment because you filed for divorce, as I understand it, if your American husband (known as the alien spouse in Filipino law) had divorced you, then the marriage would be seen as legally dissolved in the Philippines also.
Iain.

yeah that was i thought before but no it wasnt til i filed nullity of the marriage. But everything is sorted now as I got already annulled to him few weeks ago:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: im just filling now a motion for the removal of his surname:icon_lol: and as soon as Kevin is released then we will get married:cwm38::cwm38:

theresa
3rd September 2009, 10:36
::Erm: petition for recognition of divorce filed to regional trial court

bless.books
3rd September 2009, 11:32
Sorry to hear that things are leading to that.