PDA

View Full Version : CNI problem?

Sim11UK
30th August 2009, 07:10
I applied for my CNI, back in july.
Was told by the registrar, that it would be posted to me on 14th August & if I hadn't received it by the 21st, to contact them.
Needless to say, it didn't turn up & I've had some other post go missing as well. :furious3:
I've now been back to the registrars and have got a replacement, However, printed right accross it in large letters is the word DUPLICATE. It has been signed in ink & I asked the registrar whether this might cause us any problems, she seemed to think not.
It's just another worry we could do without, anyone else had a similar problem? I do intend to contact the Embassy.

trader dave
30th August 2009, 17:21
its just another problem you can do without :doh your good lady will say like mine has on many occasions it is just a trial from above many things are sent to test your resolve :omg:

dont think it will be a problem just explain to the embassy what has happened ....... sods law the original will turn up next week :icon_lol:

somebody
30th August 2009, 19:01
Was told by the registrar, that it would be posted to me on 14th August & if I hadn't received it by the 21st, to contact them.
Needless to say, it didn't turn up & I've had some other post go missing as well. :furious3:
I've now been back to the registrars and have got a replacement, However, printed right accross it in large letters is the word DUPLICATE. It has been signed in ink & I asked the registrar whether this might cause us any problems, she seemed to think not.
It's just another worry we could do without, anyone else had a similar problem? I do intend to contact the Embassy.

Surely if it says duplicate and there was some doubts when handed to the British Embassy then they would contact the registery office of course this would take time. Even a few years back all the details while being interviewed at the registery office were recorded on a pc. So im guessing they were recorded on a database. Be intresting if someone knew for sure.

Personally I would think they would be no problem from what I remeber they made little checks of my CNI cert as it took very little time i think it was more checking what ever reference number it had on it.

Hopefully an Email to the UK Embassy will give you a postive reply:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
30th August 2009, 20:23
Thanks Dave I expect it's probably being kicked around the floor of RM's sorting office. I know what goes on, I used to work for them.
I'd hate for Mrs. T to not have a wedding to attend. :D

Thanks Somebody (Andypaul) an e-mail will be on it's way.
I've not had any post for nearly 2 weeks. As soon as you are waiting for something important, it goes astray. :furious3::censored:

IainBusby
30th August 2009, 20:28

I would as well if I were you, try to get an assurance from them that if you turn up with this, that they will accept it and exchange it for the local version.
Iain.

Sim11UK
30th August 2009, 20:39
I would as well if I were you, try to get an assurance from them that if you turn up with this, that they will accept it and exchange it for the local version.
Iain.

I can't take the chance not too...I'm going to give RM a B*******G tuesday
Thanks Iain :)

Sim11UK
1st September 2009, 19:31
Bit of good news, my original CNI is safe & well.
Been to Royal Mail today, my regular postman has been on holiday. For some unknown reason, the relief postman has been holding my mail back?? :furious3:
Anyway, the main thing is I have got it....When I do go to the Embassy I'll ask them whether the duplicate, was valid....You never know, it may help someone in the future.

Thanks for the advice. :)

joebloggs
1st September 2009, 19:53
Been to Royal Mail today, my regular postman has been on holiday. For some unknown reason, the relief postman has been holding my mail back?? :furious3:
Anyway, the main thing is I have got it....When I do go to the Embassy I'll ask them whether the duplicate, was valid....You never know, it may help someone in the future.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: i hear wedding bells :rolleyes:

Sim11UK
1st September 2009, 20:28
:xxgrinning--00xx3: i hear wedding bells :rolleyes:

Soon dear boy....soon :D

trader dave
1st September 2009, 21:03

there you go fate playing games there will be many more i warn you :doh:icon_lol: there will be many times in your ldr as in mine that you may feel like throwing the towel in :icon_lol:

would never do it again :Brick::icon_lol:

Sim11UK
1st September 2009, 21:58
there you go fate playing games there will be many more i warn you :doh:icon_lol: there will be many times in your ldr as in mine that you may feel like throwing the towel in :icon_lol:

would never do it again :Brick::icon_lol:

Never feel like throwing the towel in, but there are always problems along the way...When you want something, your only option is to keep going. :xxgrinning--00xx3: