PDA

View Full Version : Residence stamp at old passport

laine078
30th August 2009, 00:15
Hello, I have renewed passport, but my UK residence stamp is still valid is in my old passport, to transfer will cost me a lot and time..I want to go back home on Christmas.
Can I travel from Philippine back to UK showing both passport??? According to UK immigration, it says that I can enter UK provided that I have to bring 2 passports with me, Is this statement is valid to Philippine immigration? they are the one who check before u can board in the aircraft.. Thanks

rainmaker
30th August 2009, 01:24
Hello, I have renewed passport, but my UK residence stamp is still valid is in my old passport, to transfer will cost me a lot and time..I want to go back home on Christmas.
Can I travel from Philippine back to UK showing both passport??? According to UK immigration, it says that I can enter UK provided that I have to bring 2 passports with me, Is this statement is valid to Philippine immigration? they are the one who check before u can board in the aircraft.. Thanks

both Phil & UK immigration officer will check both passports(old n new). my wife had a similar situation as yours. just present the new n old passport to the immigration officer.

joebloggs
30th August 2009, 08:48
as already said by rainmaker, take both passports with you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
30th August 2009, 08:58
It's an accepted practice in most countries and often you can attach the passports together with a rubber band, although some people glue them together.
It is still annoying that the Philippines government still only issues 5 year passports, particularly with so many OFW!!!!

Tiggers0608
30th August 2009, 09:48
:Erm:

Its better to bring both ur new and old passport, like me the phil DFA stapled my old passport and new passport so whenever i need my passport :rolleyes: i gave them 2 :icon_lol:

:Erm: I wonder if i can take the staples off now since my new passport got the UK Visa and not my old passport :D