PDA

View Full Version : Challenge me

Northerner
29th August 2009, 23:46
Okay, then.. In the thread "Gusto mo ng bayawak?", Tawi challenged me to eat a Durian fruit whilst on my travels to the Philippines in 2 months. And I've accepted!

Now, to make my trip more interesting I have another challenge to the members here! Compile a list of 5 things for me to do whilst in the Philippines - challenges, if you will. And as part of my reports I'll see if I can complete them! But for obvious reasons I do not want, nor will accept anything that involves public nudity, criminal activity, eating road kill or anything of a sexual nature! In other words, don't get me arrested:xxgrinning--00xx3:

So, top of the list is:

1. Eat Durian fruit

Now I just need:

2.:Erm:
3.:Erm:
4.:Erm:
5.:Erm:

Oh, and I have to agree to them before I go, so no sending me into a volcano either!:NoNo:

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
29th August 2009, 23:48
eat balut!

Northerner
29th August 2009, 23:48
eat balut!

Your as evil as your avatar:icon_lol:

Northerner
29th August 2009, 23:50
So far...

1. Eat Durian fruit
2. Eat Balut:angry:
3. :Erm:
4. :Erm:
5. :Erm:

:doh

LadyJ
29th August 2009, 23:54
Suck fish's eyes.....when their cooked with soup.

Chicken's BBQ head, feet and intestines.

trader dave
29th August 2009, 23:55
Without the sexual,nude & criminal my minds gone a complete blank :Erm:

pretty sure i can help you out there:Erm::D

Northerner
29th August 2009, 23:55
Durians not a real challenge is it,I am sure we can compile a list of far more interesting activities for you to undertake :icon_lol: Can you swim from Manila to Cebu :Erm: BBQ a chicken inside Mayon :Erm: Survive a year in the mountainous interior of Palawan fending for yourself :Erm:wander around Basilan wearing a stars & Stripes or an "I love Gloria" T-shirt :Erm: You know,something REALLY challenging :D

:Erm: Well, I'm going for 3 weeks and the islands I will be on are: Cebu, Camiguin and Mindanao (Valencia, Bukidnon). And I don't fancy getting into trouble with the MILF either (boy, they really should amend their name:D)

Northerner
29th August 2009, 23:59
And for any I can't/won't do. I'll donate a tenner to the forum:xxgrinning--00xx3: and considering how tight I am, that will make me want to do them...

Northerner
30th August 2009, 00:01
Yeah,I met a few MILF's in pinas :icon_lol:Listen,dont go all soft k?Its got to be something where theres at least a 25% chance of you suffering serious injury or worse just to make it more nail-biting and entertaining for us :D That still gives you 75% to play with :D

Hey, I'm going to have Rizza with me.. So it can't be too dangerous. If Stevo wouldn't do it, neither am I:D

Northerner
30th August 2009, 00:09
Not really bothered with heights, love flying.. And leave hiking mount hibok-hibok out of it:) I plan on doing that anyway:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
30th August 2009, 00:20
:Erm:wander around Basilan wearing a stars & Stripes or an "I love Gloria" T-shirt :Erm: You know,something REALLY challenging :D

LOL, are you trying to get northerner killed tawi? lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
30th August 2009, 00:24
So far...

1. Eat Durian fruit

I dare you to eat "Dinuguan", it's pork cooked in pig's blood :D:D:D:D:D

LEAHnew
30th August 2009, 00:30
Suck fish's eyes.....when their cooked with soup.

Chicken's BBQ head, feet and intestines.

:D I agree..to add more

join carabao race:D
:Erm:try driving a tricycle:yikes::D

Northerner
30th August 2009, 00:34
I dare you to eat "Dinuguan", it's pork cooked in pig's blood :D:D:D:D:D

Hmm. Not really a challenge, considering I eat black pudding on the odd but rare occasion:Erm:

:D I agree..to add more

join carabao race:D
:Erm:try driving a tricycle:yikes::D

Interesting:rolleyes:

pumpkins
30th August 2009, 05:10
how about azucena???:laugher:

IainBusby
30th August 2009, 10:31
Tawi challenged me to eat a Durian fruit whilst on my travels to the Philippines in 2 months. And I've accepted!:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've never tried it but I've heard it described as like eating chocolate whilst sitting on the bog having a Sh:action-smiley-081:t. Best of luck with it mate.
Iain.

jimeve
30th August 2009, 10:35
Eat a jellyfish. :D

IainBusby
30th August 2009, 10:37
They have some pretty scary white water rafting around CDO!

http://www.cagayan-de-oro.com/AttractionsWhiteWater.htm

Sophie
30th August 2009, 12:54
Hmm. Not really a challenge, considering I eat black pudding on the odd but rare occasion:Erm:

Hmmmm....:Erm: you're a toughy huh :rolleyes: how about eating a spoonfull of spicy bagoong, with nothing to go with it,
no rice or anything, just a spoonfull of spicy bagoong :D:D:D:D how about that? hehehe :D:D:D:D

Alan
30th August 2009, 12:57
As you're coming to Cebu my dear fellow Manc. I challenge you to eat MY cooking!

Al.:)

Sophie
30th August 2009, 13:00
As you're coming to Cebu my dear fellow Manc. I challenge you to eat MY cooking!

Al.:)

LOL, are you that bad in cooking prof?? :D:D:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

trader dave
30th August 2009, 13:26
what about drinking some of that coconut wine i had some pretty evil stuff there at times some red stuff that had been buried in the ground for so long :Erm:

cant remember what it was called but the left over got used to strip the paint on a car:doh:doh:Help1::icon_lol:

you are a braver man than me if you are going to eat ..................i eat balot :Rasp: :icon_lol:

MRS T LOVES THEM

Ji&Ma
30th August 2009, 13:31
what about drinking some of that coconut wine i had some pretty evil stuff there at times some red stuff that had been buried in the ground for so long :Erm:

cant remember what it was called but the left over got used to strip the paint on a car:doh:doh:Help1::icon_lol:

you are a braver man than me if you are going to eat ..................i eat balot :Rasp: :icon_lol:

MRS T LOVES THEM

Mean TUBA Dave???
Unfortunately got the chance to drink it :doh :Cuckoo::cwm3:
Very very bad headache :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

trader dave
30th August 2009, 13:49
The wines Tuba Dave :icon_lol: I hitched a lift on a truck collecting Copra in the Boonies in Mindanao years ago,two guys sitting on hessian copra sacks in the back,red-eyed as rastas,they were drinking from a jam-jar,I took a pic of them,then they gave me a drink,I felt a little dizzy and took a pic of them again a while later,I was using a manual focus cam,the second pic is wayyyyyyyyy out of focus,they are hard copy pics,I have them somewhere :Erm:But thats the effects of Tuba on a person :icon_lol: You can make it more drinkable with the addition of chocolate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thats the gear yes :icon_lol: i felt my stomach lining getting thinner than is is now the guys i was with where drinking it like it was pepsi ffs:doh:NoNo:

Ladybug_sim
30th August 2009, 14:52
So far...

1. Eat Durian fruit

Just to add, if you are going to Valencia which is Rizza's place... I challenge you to eat fried ampalaya :Hellooo: then calderitang Aso (dog) as it is common there in the province. Usually you can go eat with neighbors when they start inuman sa tindahan with asong pulotan :cwm24:(drinking at the store) then frog with head and the body on it :Cuckoo:with riding Carabao, Cow, or horse is an adventure too.. but we will see what you can do then ..update later when you are here in Philippines :BouncyHappy:.. good luck to your adventure of love with the woman in your heart Rizza :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
30th August 2009, 14:54
So far...

1. Eat Durian fruit
2. Eat Balut:yikes:
3. Drive a Tricycle (are these really difficult or is it the roads)
4. Eate a spoonful of spicy bagoong

The Jellyfish would be easy, so long as it was dead and cooked to the pooint I could eat it. Alan's cooking... Hmmmm.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: But I refuse to think a fellow manc could cook that badly:D

The above list can still change, add or remove stuff you think is not challenging.

:ARsurrender:

Sophie
30th August 2009, 15:02
So far...

1. Eat Durian fruit

The Jellyfish would be easy, so long as it was dead and cooked to the pooint I could eat it. Alan's cooking... Hmmmm.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: But I refuse to think a fellow manc could cook that badly:D

The above list can still change, add or remove stuff you think is not challenging.

LOL, one more to go on the list and ITS ON :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You will have to report back to us northerner, with full proof that you really did the challenge, lol :D:D:D:D:D

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 15:03

Ladybug_sim
30th August 2009, 15:04
So far...

1. Eat Durian fruit

Ahh... Drive a tricycle is not to difficult just drive a trisicad with Rizza and her mom, brother or sisters and dad as your passenger when you go to the market:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... no gasoline just your legs power on it :Hellooo::Hellooo:.. good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 15:08

Northerner
30th August 2009, 15:10
No, I can't eat a dog:NoNo: I would need a few years of sessions with a shrink after that:icon_lol:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 15:16

Northerner
30th August 2009, 15:23
I'm with Jules from Pulp Fiction. Dog has character, so I'm not eating one:xxgrinning--00xx3: And as it has yet to be agreed upon. My tenner is safe:cwm3:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 15:25

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 15:26

Northerner
30th August 2009, 15:30
Cows and chickens also have character,and if we werent meant to eat them why are they made of meat :Erm:

I've never spent hours of my life stroking a cow:Erm::D

Ladybug_sim
30th August 2009, 15:30
No, I can't eat a dog:NoNo: I would need a few years of sessions with a shrink after that:icon_lol:

Hmmmm you said that you want a challenging on here so i think it is one of a challenge with you when you think some of Filipino food :Erm: ... I just add fried ampalaya as my bug didnt really like it even my brother in law:NoNo:.. for Tawi2, this is ladybug... Sim is working for now and maybe he can reply you when he get online ..

Cat is the worst or mongkey and rats or python maybe good too as they eat on it there mean some area of the provinces, they said it is taste like more than chicken :rolleyes:.. well, picture soon Northerner.. :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 15:38

jam07
30th August 2009, 18:28
Eat Kare-kare with cooked bagoong, kilawing isda, adobong tipaklong, raw bagoong ..... :D

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 18:30

jam07
30th August 2009, 18:31
sopas with pig's brain, :D

dont forget to try kwek-kwek, banana-q, kamote-q and gulaman - this is not a challenging food but you should try it :)

jam07
30th August 2009, 18:34
yes, northerner you should show us pictures of the things you listed as a proof that you really tried it! :D

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 18:37

Northerner
30th August 2009, 18:49
Hmmm. Looks like all my challenges will be for revolting food items:Erm: Seems that this board just want to see pictures of my vomit:D

As for the ladyboys, not happenin'.. Rizza might not take too kindly to that:action-smiley-081: And not a chance in hell am I going anywhere full of half nekid ladies/men.. Not happenin':D

:NEW1:

jam07
30th August 2009, 18:54
Pavement-Pizza is actually slang for Vomit Jam,because if he follows your menu reccommendations the contents might'nt actually stay in his stomach too long :vomit-smiley-011:

oh is that what you called it? got it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

northener wanted a challenge right? lets give him a challenge he will never forget :xxgrinning--00xx3: :rolleyes: :BouncyHappy:

:ARsurrender: :cwm38:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 18:55

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 18:58

jam07
30th August 2009, 19:09
Jam if your avatar shows you and your friends holding those instruments you all look hot to trot,very pretty :) But thats an aside from northerners challenge :Erm: Could you spend a night sleeping in the street under a sheet of cardboard down near cebu's Pier#1 northerner?Take no cash down with you so your not tempted to spend the night in a bar or something?

yup! thats me in the middle :D

oh yeah, another food that you might see as a challenge - sea weeds and nganga :xxgrinning--00xx3: :cwm24:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 19:15

Northerner
30th August 2009, 19:23
Thats a king-sized cop-out man,only one challenge should be food related because we all like to stuff our faces,you need arduous physical challenges :Erm:Do you think you could impregnate a ladyboy?

Physical challenges = good:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Ladyboys = bad:NoNo:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 19:25

Sim11UK
30th August 2009, 22:09
Hmmmm you said that you want a challenging on here so i think it is one of a challenge with you when you think some of Filipino food :Erm: ... I just add fried ampalaya as my bug didnt really like it even my brother in law:NoNo:.. for Tawi2, this is ladybug... Sim is working for now and maybe he can reply you when he get online ..

Cat is the worst or mongkey and rats or python maybe good too as they eat on it there mean some area of the provinces, they said it is taste like more than chicken :rolleyes:.. well, picture soon Northerner.. :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

Haha I laughed when I read your previous post about the ampalaya :Hellooo:

Try ampalaya Northerner, it's a vegetable....I hate it, it's so bitter Yuk!

Sophie
30th August 2009, 22:20
Hmmm. Looks like all my challenges will be for revolting food items:Erm: Seems that this board just want to see pictures of my vomit:D

LOL, you set some strict limitations on the challenges you want to undertake, lol :D:D:D:D
No nudity or any sexual in nature, no lady boys, no challenge that will get you arrested,
so were left with just nasty food challenge, lol, and we would love to see the photos :D:D:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 22:26

tiN
30th August 2009, 22:31
How about papaitan or a fried frog? Nyami :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Sophie
30th August 2009, 22:44
Yeah,he cut our options right down,I would have liked to have seen him locked up in a pinoy nick for a night :Erm:

LOL, that would be quite a challenge :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
30th August 2009, 22:46

Sophie
30th August 2009, 22:53
I think that one would be quite easy Soph :icon_lol:Its getting OUT that would be the challenge.

exactly, lol :D:D:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Northerner
31st August 2009, 01:55
I only cut up some options, the ones that won't kill my relationship with Rizza, get me arrested or killed/injured:cwm34:

I know you would all love for me to recall the moment I discovered the lady was indeed a man, or how I bribed officer Dibble to forget about my public nudity. But it would not be a good thing for me to do such things. I'm 32 going on 33, not 18 going on 19:xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
31st August 2009, 09:28
how about having these foods ?
http://philippineinfo.blackduckweb.com/videos/view.php?id=s31nWSiminI

Northerner
31st August 2009, 22:16
Sounds good to me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But Jollibee will probably be my "easing in" to food in Pinas. First thing when I get there is to have about 5+ hours alone in Manila airport, so at some point I am going to get some food. Likely Jollibee, otherwise it'll be Maccie D's :cwm34: which is pretty sad to go round the world and the first thing you eat is a big mac :Erm: Unless, it is in the states :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The sad thing when I was in Thailand on my second trip, I ended up eating exclusively at western places in the end, after none stop stomach cramps and heartburn from some of the local stuff. I went back to the old burgers and pizza's, and the old tourist favorite - club sandwhich :rolleyes: And the place we will spend our first 3 days together is owned by a canadian man and his pinay wife, so I am expecting mainly western food, don't think I'll eat like a pinoy till I get to Barilli. And then I reckon Bukidnon will be prety much pinoy only food...

Northerner
31st August 2009, 22:29
Actually, going fishing in Camiguin and eating it sounds like an excellent idea :xxgrinning--00xx3: Back to nature and something not done in Manchester (wouldn't want to eat anything out of the canal :NoNo:)

By the way, Tawi, how many pesos does a pig cost in Pinas? Pretty sure I'm buying one for lechon, so was wondering :Erm: Also, don't think I will kill it myself (not done so before so don't want to mess up with the blade) but I will probably help hold it down and disgust all my veggie facebook friends :icon_lol:

Sophie
31st August 2009, 23:10
By the way, Tawi, how many pesos does a pig cost in Pinas? Pretty sure I'm buying one for lechon, so was wondering :Erm: Also, don't think I will kill it myself (not done so before so don't want to mess up with the blade) but I will probably help hold it down and disgust all my veggie facebook friends :icon_lol:

Trust me, it will be a challenge to hold the pig down while its being cut, blood dripping all over as it screams for mercy :NoNo::NoNo:
Poor pig :ARsurrender: I think i might as well go vegetarian then :ARsurrender:

bornatbirth
31st August 2009, 23:25
i cant say that jollibee is that good,but for the money you cant complain!

theres no need to go native theres plenty decent food to eat where ever you are going,but it all depends what your gf will like to do.

i have to admit when i travel that far why just eat the same food i can here,without trying any of the local cuisine?

Sophie
31st August 2009, 23:30
Theres a couple of you hold it down Soph,and you can tie its mouth to stop it squealing,its all over with very quickly,however much it squeals and struggles its still going on a one way ride to piggy-heaven :icon_lol:

or going on a one way ride to the grill and on to the feast table :NoNo:

Sophie
31st August 2009, 23:43
At least its quick :Erm:Not like when the local guys beat a dog to death :NoNo:Then the noise really is piteous :NoNo:

true, very inhumane :NoNo:

Northerner
31st August 2009, 23:46
i cant say that jollibee is that good,but for the money you cant complain!

theres no need to go native theres plenty decent food to eat where ever you are going,but it all depends what your gf will like to do.

i have to admit when i travel that far why just eat the same food i can here,without trying any of the local cuisine?

I think in the modern age we are in, with global companies having their products in each and every country (Coca-Cola, nestle etc). It is getting more and more difficult to get "authentic" cuisine whilst travelling. However, food and culture are always evolving. Like the Spaniards influenced the food of the Philippines and the Chinese as well, now it is the turn of the McDonalds or the Pizza Hut companies to change the native food away from it's traditional routes. Now, the only bad thing I find in this, is that these companies sells type's of food which are terrible nutritionally speaking. So evolving down the path towards burgers and pizza's is pretty bad for a society:Erm:

But then, a Pizza does taste awesome when done right :Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
1st September 2009, 14:33
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks Tawi, I was thinking some smart @$$ pinoy would try and double the price to me :Erm: But, a 30kg pig would be good enough. Enough to feed a family, then a few San Miguels to top it off and I'm everyones best friend for a day :icon_lol:

Northerner
1st September 2009, 23:45
Giving a lechon and beer I think even the guys might come on to you later on during the party :cwm24: But thats the price down 'T market today,3500.

:yikes: Think I'll stick like glue to Rizza then... :D

lavander
3rd September 2009, 10:15
Hi Northerner,
was not able to read through the whole page of those replies.. so not sure if my inputs has been suggested or so.... Again, this depend on your interest and endurance skills.... Peace to Rizza in case she won't agree on some! :D

1. Food Wise..
- Balut
- Azucena (dogs meet)
- Bopis ( pigs intestine)
- Sitcharon Bulaklak
- Barbq ( Chicken Head,Chicken Feet, Chicken Blood, Chicken Intestine)
- Ginataang Suso/Snail
- Tinolang Palaka/ Frog
- Kalderetang Kambing/Goat

2. Rides
- Kalesa
-Jeep
- Tricycle
- Carabao
-
3. Drinks
- Tuba
- Lambanog

Enjoy! and Cheers! :D

Steve.r
15th December 2009, 21:56
Well................ did you survive ???

I ate Durian in Singapore........Hmmm!! strange fruit, not a favorite.
I ate Balut too, also not a fav' but worth a go ha ha :icon_lol:

Steve

Northerner
16th December 2009, 02:52
Didn't quite get as adventurous as I would have preferred! Mindanao can do that to a wannabe backpacker such as myself..

Still, not so bothered about eating yukky stuff...

...Went to see a girl:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
16th December 2009, 09:58
Find a live, wild native chicken Northener. Let the chicken beside you for an hour. Play with it and then let it cook and serve in your table after an hour.
My husband can't do it. Maybe you can.:D:icon_lol:

Northerner
16th December 2009, 22:09
I'd have no problem doing that.. I think if you can't be prepared to kill an animal, go veggie!