PDA

View Full Version : securing legal capacity

liane
29th August 2009, 15:00
hi everyone! I would like to ask about getting legal capacity at the embassy, how long it takes to get one? how much it costs? Hope you can help me again on this... Thanks.:)

vbkelly
29th August 2009, 18:28
hi everyone! I would like to ask about getting legal capacity at the embassy, how long it takes to get one? how much it costs? Hope you can help me again on this... Thanks.:)

if you are lucky you can get it with in 10 to 15mins, goodluck! i think more ph5,000

IainBusby
30th August 2009, 11:24
If your asking about exchanging a UK Certificate of No Impediment for the Philippines Legal Capacity to Marry certificate at the British Embassy in Manila, it depends on the queue there because the deal with other queries at the same place, but it usually only takes up to an hour at most.
Iain.

scottishbride
30th August 2009, 13:54

You can check this out
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni/

pumpkins
30th August 2009, 14:11
legal capacity to marry cost p5000 something,cant remember
mon - friday, 07:45 - 12:00

birtish embassy manila
120 upper Mckinley Road, Mckinley Hill, Taguig City

embassy trunkline: +6328582200

it was'nt busy when we get there, no queue..
and better to let your taxi driver waiting outside coz it is hard to get taxi there

liane
30th August 2009, 14:28
legal capacity to marry cost p5000 something,cant remember
mon - friday, 07:45 - 12:00

birtish embassy manila
120 upper Mckinley Road, Mckinley Hill, Taguig City

embassy trunkline: +6328582200

it was'nt busy when we get there, no queue..
and better to let your taxi driver waiting outside coz it is hard to get taxi there
thanks a lot for the info... Is 2 weeks enough time to accomplish the documents we need in able for us to get married?

liane
30th August 2009, 14:35
If your asking about exchanging a UK Certificate of No Impediment for the Philippines Legal Capacity to Marry certificate at the British Embassy in Manila, it depends on the queue there because the deal with other queries at the same place, but it usually only takes up to an hour at most.
Iain.
thanks again... Is 2 weeks enough time to prepare the documents we need in able for us to get married? And after we get married can I immediately apply for a EEA family permit or I will have to wait for our authenticated marriage certificate before I could apply for a visa? I really appreciate all the information you been giving me. Thanks again.

liane
30th August 2009, 14:37
if you are lucky you can get it with in 10 to 15mins, goodluck! i think more ph5,000
thanks a lot!

liane
30th August 2009, 14:39
You can check this out
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni/
thank you very much.

Ji&Ma
30th August 2009, 14:51

Legal capacity for your BF to marry you? :Erm:
If I'm not mistaken your BF is Polish national, isn't he?
If so I'm afraid that he won't be able to obtain CNI from UK Embassy - you should seek for Republic of Poland embassy and obtain CNI from there or he should get it sent from Poland to him :Erm:
Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pumpkins
30th August 2009, 14:54
hi liane, i remember now how much we paid for legal capacity to marry,it was p5040..and when you go there bring your cenomar and birth certificate and also your fiancee CNI and passport, bring some id's for the guard at the gate.

and 2 weeks ? let us see..in our case, we applied for marriage license in city hall and it took 10 working days to get it..you will attend for seminar but in our case, we paid the guy 400 because we dont want to attend that seminar.

am waiting for my NSO marriage certificate for 2 months now but you can ask for advance endorsement..

liane
30th August 2009, 15:00
Legal capacity for your BF to marry you? :Erm:
If I'm not mistaken your BF is Polish national, isn't he?
If so I'm afraid that he won't be able to obtain CNI from UK Embassy - you should seek for Republic of Poland embassy and obtain CNI from there or he should get it sent from Poland to him :Erm:
Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yes you are right, he is a Polish national. He got his divorce in UK. So does it mean it may take longer before we can prepare his papers? He will be coming here in Philippines 3 weeks from now and will stay for about 2 weeks with me.

Ji&Ma
30th August 2009, 15:22
Yes you are right, he is a Polish national. He got his divorce in UK. So does it mean it may take longer before we can prepare his papers? He will be coming here in Philippines 3 weeks from now and will stay for about 2 weeks with me.

Tell him to ask at Polish embassy at London...:Erm:
He's been married in UK, or just divorced in here?

liane
30th August 2009, 15:23
hi liane, i remember now how much we paid for legal capacity to marry,it was p5040..and when you go there bring your cenomar and birth certificate and also your fiancee CNI and passport, bring some id's for the guard at the gate.

and 2 weeks ? let us see..in our case, we applied for marriage license in city hall and it took 10 working days to get it..you will attend for seminar but in our case, we paid the guy 400 because we dont want to attend that seminar.

am waiting for my NSO marriage certificate for 2 months now but you can ask for advance endorsement..
thank you so much.

liane
31st August 2009, 02:15
Tell him to ask at Polish embassy at London...:Erm:
He's been married in UK, or just divorced in here?
He been married in Poland but got his divorced in UK.

joebloggs
31st August 2009, 15:00
how long has he lived in the uk?

Here is where i think he can get a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry:

Honorary Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Manila
Plaza Santiago Bldg. (formerly United Philippine Lines, Inc. Bldg),
Sta. Clara Street Intramuros, Philippines
Phone No.: (632) 527-7491 to 94
Fax No.: (632) 527-1603

but you should give them a call, to check what he needs to bring with him, and how long it will take, or he can phone the polish embassy in London, as i dont understand polish :D

and when your married he can apply for a family permit from the british embassy.

liane
31st August 2009, 15:13

but you should give them a call, to check what he needs to bring with him, and how long it will take, or he can phone the polish embassy in London, as i dont understand polish :D

and when your married he can apply for a family permit from the british embassy.
thank you

liane
31st August 2009, 15:16

He lives in the UK for five years now. Thanks again

Ji&Ma
31st August 2009, 15:26
He lives in the UK for five years now. Thanks again

5 years - nearly the time to apply for UK naturalization...:Erm:
About the CNI - I think the same as Joe - that he should seek help from Polish embassy in London, they should be able to give him relevant information at least - if not the papers required.
I think that he must filed in his divorce papers with the Polish embassy as well - to let Polish authorities know that he's legally divorced now...:Erm:

liane
31st August 2009, 15:45
5 years - nearly the time to apply for UK naturalization...:Erm:
About the CNI - I think the same as Joe - that he should seek help from Polish embassy in London, they should be able to give him relevant information at least - if not the papers required.
I think that he must filed in his divorce papers with the Polish embassy as well - to let Polish authorities know that he's legally divorced now...:Erm:
thank you again for this information.