PDA

View Full Version : Marvie & Daughter to England in December

RickyR
26th August 2009, 20:38
So I just booked the flights for Marvie and her daughter to come to England together in December for 4 months. The excitement is building for actually living together as a family for a while, instead of the holidays that we normally have. Also it's exciting to spend Christmas together. Just praying that the annulment will be complete by then.
I'll be at our new apartment in Marikina, Manila in October for 3 weeks but it's not really the same as being here. I have to admit, I never really feel at home in the Philippines.

Anyway just wanted to share the exciting news as my darling is fast asleep!

Bluebirdjones
27th August 2009, 13:47
... I might be a little slow here... but ...

She's arriving on a tourist/visitor's visa ?
... even though she's still married ("Just praying that the annulment will be
complete by then").
.... and with a child ?

How did you manage to pull this off, as so many are refused ?
Very very curious.... or does she hold another passport (nationality) ?

trader dave
27th August 2009, 15:43
... I might be a little slow here... but ...

She's arriving on a tourist/visitor's visa ?
... even though she's still married ("Just praying that the annulment will be
complete by then").
.... and with a child ?

How did you manage to pull this off, as so many are refused ?
Very very curious.... or does she hold another passport (nationality) ?

was thinking that myself:Erm::doh

RickyR
27th August 2009, 16:40
She's been the UK 3 times previously, holds a Frequent Visitor Card Immigration card for electronic/automatic entry into Hong Kong. Has a US Visa and 3 entry stamps, stamps for Singapore, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Schengen and Croatia. I've supplied letters of garauntee, and also an official document from my government employer (not British government). Provided bank statements and proof of accomodation etc.
Her daughter has travelled with us several times to Hong Kong and Disneyland.

This all makes the visit visa dead easy, and the last two have been issued within 24 hours of application.

trader dave
27th August 2009, 17:53
:xxgrinning--00xx3:that answers that question then :icon_lol::D

RickyR
27th August 2009, 19:52
So I guess on that note, I would recommend that anyone wanting to get the first visa for their g/f, that when they are in the Philippines look for the cheap flights with Cebu Pacific to Hong Kong for a weekend away etc. I've had them for around £60 return per person from Manila and £70 return from Cebu (although once had a connection in Manila, but the new terminal for CP in Manila is absolutely fantastic).