PDA

View Full Version : Happy as a pig in a poke..........

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 12:11
Fiesta time in any barangay is a happy affair,lots of singing dancing feasting right :xxgrinning--00xx3: Think of all the humba,dinuguang,bopis,crispy pata :icon_lol:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 12:13
Chicharon bulaklak anyone :Erm:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 15:23
Better add the only sad one around during fiesta is the pig :bigcry: I remember the first time I cut a throat,the metalic tang of blood in the air,and the amount that pumped out :cwm24:Tesco meat-counter was never the same after that :icon_lol:

trader dave
24th August 2009, 16:23
Better add the only sad one around during fiesta is the pig :bigcry: I remember the first time I cut a throat,the metalic tang of blood in the air,and the amount that pumped out :cwm24:Tesco meat-counter was never the same after that :icon_lol:

the brain of the pig is very nice cook the head in the oven scrape the brain out mix with cabbage and onion very tasty :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 16:31
Pigs are cute,you can lead train them and they will follow you like a dog,in fact they are more tractable than a canine :xxgrinning--00xx3:Ignorance is bliss,they never know whats coming their way one fateful morning :omg::icon_lol:Wasnt it Fitzy who was on about opening a piggery?I wonder how he is getting along now over there?:Erm:

trader dave
24th August 2009, 16:40
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hopefully he is going by the old saying -------if you cant be good ...be carefull if you cant be carefull :Erm: buy a pram :icon_lol::Rasp:

or maybe he is as happy as A PIG IN SH*T:icon_lol::icon_lol::NoNo:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 16:53
Hope he doesnt have to buy a pram for his sakes :icon_lol:Fitzy the Farmer,got a certain ring to it :icon_lol:I just hope its not baby farming,pigs are much more lucrative :xxgrinning--00xx3:

acs
24th August 2009, 18:03
:D makes me miss the fiesta in Cagayan de Oro with your pics mr tawi2. To all ladies from CDO Happy fiesta in advance this August 28 :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

britishdetained
24th August 2009, 18:11
presenting....

the lechon:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

http://www.friendster.com/photos/14045513/0/821763329

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 18:12
:D makes me miss the fiesta in Cagayan de Oro with your pics mr tawi2. To all ladies from CDO Happy fiesta in advance this August 28 :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:
I was actually expecting a few complaints because the pics show blood,but I was expecting the complaints to come from queasy brit guys,I knew the pics would remind some ladies of fiesta,pigs and fiesta go hand in hand :xxgrinning--00xx3:Though I did get an invite to one guys house who killed a Carabao :cwm24:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 18:14
presenting....

the lechon:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

http://www.friendster.com/photos/14045513/0/821763329

Wheres your pic :icon_lol:I have a pic somewhere :Erm: of a pig we cooked in the provinces using a sheet of corrugated iron to reflect the heat back at the animal :Erm:Cant remember where the pic is though :Erm:

britishdetained
24th August 2009, 18:15
http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/31/55/14045513/821763329l.jpg

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 18:20
Nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:You should have taken pics of the lechon 3 minutes 16 seconds later when it was reduced to a skeletal carcass by fiesta goers :icon_lol:

britishdetained
24th August 2009, 18:24
Nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:You should have taken pics of the lechon 3 minutes 16 seconds later when it was reduced to a skeletal carcass by fiesta goers :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:Its a rule that never leave the lechon unattended or it will be eaten in less than 3 minutes:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 18:34
3 minutes :Erm:My watch must have been slow then,its like a cartoon,first is a whole cooked pig,on the other side of the room a crowd armed with plates :Erm:Blow the whistle,theres a cloud of dust,a flurry of arms,then the crowd clears and departs leaving behind a pile of bones picked clean like a bleached white corpse on the african plains :Erm:I always used to call it "Eat and run" not "Hit and run".

britishdetained
24th August 2009, 18:44
watch out for the lechon stamped:rolleyes::icon_lol::icon_lol:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/1127583220_20d4883b1e.jpg

ca143
24th August 2009, 18:53
huhhhh,makes me really misssssssss the fiesta in our BARRIO........:icon_lol:.

ca143
24th August 2009, 19:02
here's another LECHON..........

IainBusby
24th August 2009, 19:14
Pigs are cute,you can lead train them and they will follow you like a dog,in fact they are more tractable than a canine :xxgrinning--00xx3:Ignorance is bliss,they never know whats coming their way one fateful morning :omg::icon_lol:Wasnt it Fitzy who was on about opening a piggery?I wonder how he is getting along now over there?:Erm:

That's a point, what's Fitzy up to these days I wonder? :Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex: maybe.....

britishdetained
24th August 2009, 19:17

before I read a story about a man eaten by 3 pigs:NoNo::omg::omg:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 21:23
Pigs will eat Human flesh,there are two movies make reference to it,ask Kevin about the famous "Snatch"(movie Brick Top character and his speech

Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

Theres also a "Silence of the Lambs" sequel where Doc Lecter is about to be fed to wild Boar :cwm24:
And there is a case in the UK of a lady kidnapped by pig farm owners and reputedly minced up as swine food,so the next time your chewing on lechon and you find a fingernail in your mouth...............:cwm24:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 21:24

I have heard of 3 men(pinoys) eating one pig :icon_lol:

Northerner
24th August 2009, 22:48
Hmmm.. Rizza's uncle is planning to cook up a lechon when I get to Barili:) Is it customary for the guest to cut the animals throat:Erm:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 22:55
No,its not the custom,and if your not used to doing it your going to make a mess of it,I used to do a lot of stalking,I am used to bleeding out beasts so its natural to join in rather than stand in the background :icon_lol:

Northerner
24th August 2009, 23:01
No,its not the custom,and if your not used to doing it your going to make a mess of it,I used to do a lot of stalking,I am used to bleeding out beasts so its natural to join in rather than stand in the background :icon_lol:

I have read that the scream of a pig about to be killed is similar to that of a human and heartbreaking to many. Also, I also read that firefighters will often grow to dislike bacon and crackling, due to the smell of smoked pig being not too dissimilar to smoked human:Erm:

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 23:07
Pigs dont sound the same,and I never ever eat bacon,the smell of boiling or roasting pork makes me heave,thats the truth,sickening smell :NoNo:No problems killing one,or jointing it,just cant stand the smell.

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 23:33
Another fiesta another pig :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
24th August 2009, 23:47
Hmmm. Think I'd be cool with killing a pig before we ate it:Erm: I'm always a big believer in the idea that if you can't kill it, then don't eat it! I think it is fair to say we have lost something when we spend our hunting time in Tesco's... Not that I would rather get my food in the woods, but it is a nice way to learn to respect the life of the animal - not to see it as simply a product!

:)

Tawi2
24th August 2009, 23:52
My freezers packed full of venison,never shied away from the harsh realities of life myself :icon_lol:I remember helping kill a yak on the tibetan plateau once,the roebuck in the pic was bleeding out seconds after I shot it in Hampshire,it was wrecking a plantation of saplings :NoNo:If your given the opportunity to guy or shave the pig join in,its a communal thing,dont stand off and view from a distance,your always going to be the foreigner or the westerner if you do,its best to join in,get some blood under your fingernails and be thought of as bugoy.

joebloggs
25th August 2009, 00:07
first time i've looked at this thread and i'm :yikes: and horrified you've got pics like that :cwm24: as a member of STOP ! ( Save The Opressed Pig) from becoming lechon i ask you to delete those offending pics :cwm24: and think of the brothers and sisters that poor pig has/had :ARsurrender:

bornatbirth
25th August 2009, 00:11
think of the brothers and sisters that poor pig has/had :ARsurrender:

i already am,im eating a bacon butty with brown sauce :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th August 2009, 00:14
i'm sorry i gave you that green blob :doh

poor pigs, i hope you can sleep tonight :cwm24:

and the trotters dont keep you awake :rolleyes:

Tawi2
25th August 2009, 00:15
Pigs horrible,Venison burgers(home-made) are where its at,marinaded in a chillie sauce and BBQ'd slowly :xxgrinning--00xx3:And a slab of fresh run salmon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
25th August 2009, 06:48
That's a point, what's Fitzy up to these days I wonder? :Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex: maybe.....

as i said HAPPY AS A PIG IN SH*T:icon_lol: MAYBE