PDA

View Full Version : advice re- va4 checklist

ron
17th August 2009, 14:42
Hello again

Was checking the checklist for the spouse visa and it states that only 3 months bank statements is required . I really thought this was 6 months.

Another question we are applying our sons British passport (c2 app) Could we do this at the same day as the application is filed with the embassy to save my wife having to make 2 flights from Davao to Manila. Maybe they have to be done seperately as i belive an appointment as to be made for the spouse visa

Ron

Ji&Ma
17th August 2009, 15:36
Hello again

Was checking the checklist for the spouse visa and it states that only 3 months bank statements is required . I really thought this was 6 months.

Another question we are applying our sons British passport (c2 app) Could we do this at the same day as the application is filed with the embassy to save my wife having to make 2 flights from Davao to Manila. Maybe they have to be done seperately as i belive an appointment as to be made for the spouse visa

Ron

Ron - just check it again for sure as I've just been looking at VFS pages on THEIR checklists and they need 6 MONTHS...
See for yourself: VFS checklists (http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/checklist.aspx)
So I think it wouldn't do any harm if you will supply more than is required :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
17th August 2009, 15:37
My understanding is that it is 6 months of statements are required, better to give them too much rather than not enough.

The applications for spouse visa and passport are in different locations.

Visa application is at UK VFS Visa Application Centre, Phil-Axa Building, 1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street, Makati City.

The passport application will be at the British Embassy at 120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City.
With exception of public holidays, the public opening hours are:
Monday-Friday: 07:45am-12:00nn - for Consular assistance, submission of British Passport applications, Certificates of No Impediment (CNI), Birth Registrations and Notarial Services.
Monday-Thursday: 02:30pm-03:30pm - for collection of British passports, CNIs and Birth Registrations only.

Mrs.JMajor
17th August 2009, 22:50
My understanding is that it is 6 months of statements are required, better to give them too much rather than not enough.

The applications for spouse visa and passport are in different locations.

Visa application is at UK VFS Visa Application Centre, Phil-Axa Building, 1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street, Makati City.

The passport application will be at the British Embassy at 120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City.
With exception of public holidays, the public opening hours are:
Monday-Friday: 07:45am-12:00nn - for Consular assistance, submission of British Passport applications, Certificates of No Impediment (CNI), Birth Registrations and Notarial Services.
Monday-Thursday: 02:30pm-03:30pm - for collection of British passports, CNIs and Birth Registrations only.

Very well said Mark :xxgrinning--00xx3: How are you and Chin Hope we can see you soon :Hellooo:

ron
17th August 2009, 23:06
Many thanks for this info . Apreciate the help. Thanks again Ron

thejarvs
18th August 2009, 07:39
When we applied for my sons passport we had to supply both mine and my wifes passports and birth certificates I'm guessing you could get photocopys for them to keep for the application because you will need those for the visa application also.

I hope I'm correct in what I've said (little sleepy and it was a while ago when we did it), anyway good luck :)

rusty
18th August 2009, 07:55
Very well said Mark :xxgrinning--00xx3: How are you and Chin Hope we can see you soon :Hellooo:

We are all fine thanks, we are all spending a couple of weeks down here where i'm working, enjoying the sunshine on the south coast.

When we applied for my sons passport we had to supply both mine and my wifes passports and birth certificates I'm guessing you could get photocopys for them to keep for the application because you will need those for the visa application also.

I hope I'm correct in what I've said (little sleepy and it was a while ago when we did it), anyway good luck :)

There are some requirements that are required for both applications. When we applied for passport for Isaac, a photocopy for my wifes passport was OK as I explain to them that her passport is with the embassy for visa submission.

Many thanks for this info . Apreciate the help. Thanks again Ron

Your welcome Ron, most people here have been through the same process and worries that you are going through now. We are always happy to share our experiences with you.

IainBusby
18th August 2009, 12:00

The British Embassy in the Philippines will accept scanned copies of British passports as long as it's a good quality scan. When my wife applied for her spousal visa I scanned my main passport pages and the Philippine stamped pages in a high resolution and had them printed off on a colour laser printer. Before we submitted them I emailed and asked if this would be acceptable and they said it would be.

I think as long as they can read and check the passport number, that's good enough for them. As far as Birth certificates are concerned, it's quite easy to get copies and for UK birth certificates you can even apply online for one as I did myself, because I didn't really want to submit my original one.

Iain.

Mrs.JMajor
18th August 2009, 23:22
Im a new member here and it seems a friendly websites from me
Im weird to asking more about my visa because I got a hard time
to gathered all my docs but im kind of worried because im not sure
if my visa will see granted even the visa officer in vfs check all my
checklist list Im applying for a settlement spouse visa we wait until
the result Anyway guys I got the land house of my husband in Uk
and 31,000 pounds sterling updated july 16 via internet online updated
my son got a british passport i got a letter from uk that my job that I
applied is been succesfull but i need to start by september end of the month
and evidence of relationship from print screen copy in skype and our contract
in the house from the landlord emails from 2007 to 2009 pictures in the wedding and NSO legal papers bills of my internet and western union and bank statements that Im using from my husband atm etc but Im still thingking MAYBE THEY DENIED AS I DENIED BEFORE WITH MY TOURIST VISA BUT NOW i HAVE RELEVANT REQUIREMENTS AND WE LIVE IN TOGETHER 2003 AND GET MARRIED 2008 TILL NOW WE ARE HAPPY WITH MY SON AND STEPDAUGHTER WHO SHE HAS A BRITISH PASSPORT HOPE U MY FRIENDS GRANTED A VISA ALREADY CAN HELP MY ANSWER AS IM SO WORRIED MAYBE IM NOT GOT MY VISA THANKS A LOT WAITING FOR U GUYS TO REPLY

I have seen your post in some threads :doh, you can apply now,what are you worrying about,you have sufficient docs. Good luck :rolleyes:

Mrs.Hope
19th August 2009, 01:43
Thanks MrsJmajor Im already been to vfs july 16 so the
visa officer check all my checklist so Im waiting for the
good resut:-)Godbless have a safe life.

Mrs.JMajor
19th August 2009, 08:25
Thanks MrsJmajor Im already been to vfs july 16 so the
visa officer check all my checklist so Im waiting for the
good resut:-)Godbless have a safe life.

Oh good luck, I put ur name in members waiting list...http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=17853

Another batch of members Waiting for thier visa (part 2)

aposhark
19th August 2009, 11:38
................AS IM SO WORRIED MAYBE IM NOT GOT MY VISA THANKS A LOT WAITING FOR U GUYS TO REPLY

Mrs.Hope, don't worry so much, but take your time making sure you have all the requirements on the application checklist that are required.

If you have all the requirements, you will be OK

Best of luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.Hope
20th August 2009, 07:02
Hi APOSHARK I feel happy reading all your messages for me
and im not too worried now because of you its makes me
turtore in vfs but I have a lot of patients and understanding
Cheers guys all the best take care always

Arthur Little
20th August 2009, 12:54
Im a new member here and it seems a friendly websites from me
Im weird to asking more about my visa because I got a hard time
to gathered all my docs but im kind of worried because im not sure
if my visa will see granted even the visa officer in vfs check all my
checklist list Im applying for a settlement spouse visa we wait until
the result Anyway guys I got the land house of my husband in Uk
and 31,000 pounds sterling updated july 16 via internet online updated
my son got a british passport i got a letter from uk that my job that I
applied is been succesfull but i need to start by september end of the month
and evidence of relationship from print screen copy in skype and our contract
in the house from the landlord emails from 2007 to 2009 pictures in the wedding and NSO legal papers bills of my internet and western union and bank statements that Im using from my husband atm etc but Im still thingking MAYBE THEY DENIED AS I DENIED BEFORE WITH MY TOURIST VISA BUT NOW i HAVE RELEVANT REQUIREMENTS AND WE LIVE IN TOGETHER 2003 AND GET MARRIED 2008 TILL NOW WE ARE HAPPY WITH MY SON AND STEPDAUGHTER WHO SHE HAS A BRITISH PASSPORT HOPE U MY FRIENDS GRANTED A VISA ALREADY CAN HELP MY ANSWER AS IM SO WORRIED MAYBE IM NOT GOT MY VISA THANKS A LOT WAITING FOR U GUYS TO REPLY

:Hellooo: Welcome to the forum. Sadly, Tourist Visas have a nasty habit of being denied ... especially in times of economic recession.

But ALMOST all Spousal applications are SUCCESSFUL and, as you appear to have closely followed the guidelines, I do not envisage any real problems with yours. Good Luck!

Mrs.Hope
21st August 2009, 03:17
Hello everyone another question
what is CFO means?Do i get that
certificates after I got my passport
to the bristish embassy?Cheers
Thank you so much ArthurLittle!

Ji&Ma
21st August 2009, 08:05
Hello everyone another question
what is CFO means?Do i get that
certificates after I got my passport
to the bristish embassy?Cheers
Thank you so much ArthurLittle!

CFO = Commission for Filipino Overseas - you have to attend their seminar and get a stamp in passport before your departure from country, otherwise you will NOT be allowed to leave Philippines...:NoNo:
For further info see CFO link below...

CFO - Guidance and counselling services (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/counseling.htm)

Mjaes
23rd August 2009, 05:44
hi ji&ma, my sister's husband is a filipino and a resident of the UK. is CFO required only for filipinos/filipinas who married foreign nationals? or for all who plan to migrate?

IainBusby
23rd August 2009, 09:03
hi ji&ma, my sister's husband is a filipino and a resident of the UK. is CFO required only for filipinos/filipinas who married foreign nationals? or for all who plan to migrate?

Hi Mjaes,
As far as I know it is only for wives and fiancees of foriegn nationals. I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply for a Filipino wife who is joining her Filipino husband overseas.

Iain

empott
24th August 2009, 04:57

Anyone who is going to settle abroad needs CFO, Mjaes. Even the dependant of Filipinos going to settle abroad.