PDA

View Full Version : affect on the visa

filipina_owl
12th August 2009, 11:06
Hi everyone. Its been quite a long time since i log on to this forum as i was very busy with our wedding. My welsh husband and I just got married last june 2009 and we are in the stage of our spousal visa application. He came here in May to attend Marriage counselling prior to our wedding and now he's back in UK. We are almost complete with our requirements for the visa but i have query i want to ask to all of you and hope you can give me some words of advice.

I am now happily pregnant and my husband and i are so happy and excited about it. My husband wants me to go to UK the soonest possible time so we can start our lives as husband and wife and soon to be mommy and daddy. My husband has a good job and can fully support me while in UK. But I'm a little worried because we are in the process of applying for a visa and i am pregnant. Will this not affect our visa application knowing that i am already pregnant? Will the visa officer be very strict about this? Are there anyone in this forum who had the same experience as me?

I would really appreciate your advice and hope you will spare a little time to reply to my concerns. Thank you very much to all of you. God bless.

KeithD
12th August 2009, 11:08
Pregancy will probably favour your application, and I'd have the little'un here, as it helps with the paperwork.

I got pregnant from licking a toilet seat once :Cuckoo:

MarBell379
12th August 2009, 12:25
I agree with WIn2Win. I doubt very much it would be seen as negative, and is more than likely a good thing.

Congratulations, and good luck :)

Arthur Little
12th August 2009, 12:48
Hi everyone. Its been quite a long time since i log on to this forum as i was very busy with our wedding. My welsh husband and I just got married last june 2009 and we are in the stage of our spousal visa application. He came here in May to attend Marriage counselling prior to our wedding and now he's back in UK. We are almost complete with our requirements for the visa but i have query i want to ask to all of you and hope you can give me some words of advice.

I am now happily pregnant and my husband and i are so happy and excited about it. My husband wants me to go to UK the soonest possible time so we can start our lives as husband and wife and soon to be mommy and daddy. My husband has a good job and can fully support me while in UK. But I'm a little worried because we are in the process of applying for a visa and i am pregnant. Will this not affect our visa application knowing that i am already pregnant? Will the visa officer be very strict about this? Are there anyone in this forum who had the same experience as me?

I would really appreciate your advice and hope you will spare a little time to reply to my concerns. Thank you very much to all of you. God bless.

:Hellooo: Welcome back into our midst, and :cwm38:iest Congratulations on your great news.

As the boss [Win2Win] says, if anything, your pregnancy is more likely to influence the Embassy in your favour. And, if your husband were to include in his letter of sponsorship that he'd prefer you had the baby in the UK in order that he can also be present at the birth [which nowadays IS, after all, a new father's right!] then so much the better. :rolleyes:

As far as I can gather ... from reading about the experiences of other members on this site ... there would seem to be something of a backlog of visa applications waiting to be processed at the moment. I believe the delay is due to the fact that the British Embassy in Manila now has the additional responsibility for handling requests from other Asian countries like Japan, Hong Kong, Tiawan, &c. (you may already know this, of course) and does not, as yet, have the full staffing complement to deal with the extra workload.

But, having said that, I should imagine someone in YOUR situation MIGHT merit special consideration (although I COULD be wrong in my assumption!) for having the process expedited. So GO for it ... "pull out the stops" ... give it all you've got ... and my very best wishes to you both!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 13:30
well if your pregnant they can't say its not a genuine relationship :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
12th August 2009, 17:33
well if your pregnant they can't say its not a genuine relationship :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg::omg: well i did have a former girlfriend who told me that she was having my baby:doh:doh the trouble is i had the :behead: 6 years ago:Erm::Erm:

GOODBYE HONEY:appl:

aposhark
12th August 2009, 17:47

Congrats on the wedding and with your pregnancy :BouncyHappy:
Can't see you having any problem with your spousal visa reference your pregnancy.
From what I have read here, most people don't get to meet the ECO (visa officer) anyway.
If you provide the VFS with his bank details showing a good bank balance (as well as all of the other requirements) I can't see you having any problem.

Don't worry too much about the interview as my wife did.
She lost so many hours sleep and never went back to Manila for the interview :rolleyes:

trader dave
12th August 2009, 17:53
MRS T flies to manila in a few hours to submit her documents at axa for spouse visa we got married in june also

i am sure she will have a take to tell on her return

make sure you have filled in the most up to date application form december 2008 i filled in the old one when i left in june :doh:doh:doh:CompBuster:

kimmi
12th August 2009, 18:09

hiya filipina owl, I agree to all the replies in here, I think it will also help u big time with ur application when the ECO knows that u are pregnant.

Goodluck with ur application and with ur pregnancy..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 18:15
: the trouble is i had the :behead: 6 years ago:Erm::Erm:

the the embassy don't know that..

thou its interesting how they deal with dna tests on children, when the results show that the mother or father or not the real bio parents :doh

:yikes: :doh

Child not related to the claimed mother
The ECO will need to establish:

* whether the child was born to another wife (particularly if the child is claiming citizenship by descent) and if so,
* whether the child lives with the natural mother or the claimed mother.

Depending on circumstances, the provisions of one of the sub paragraphs of Rules paragraph 297(i) may be appropriate.

In a case where the DNA report shows that the child may have been born out of a previously undisclosed earlier marriage, it may be necessary to investigate questions of polygamy and legitimacy (see below).

Where the child's natural mother is not seeking entry or does not qualify for admission, the sponsor would normally have to demonstrate that he/she has exercised sole responsibility (see SET7.8) for the child's upbringing (Rules paragraph 297(i)(e)).

Child not related to claimed father
The ECO must handle such cases with sensitivity as it may not be obvious whether the husband or other family members know of the true relationship and there may be serious repercussions for the wife and child if the information is disclosed (see illegitimacy below).

There may be any number of reasons why a claimed father may not be a child's natural father including the death of the first husband, rape or adultery.

Illegitimacy
Where DNA evidence indicates that a child may be illegitimate, the ECO should:

* try to establish the truth of the family circumstances by interviewing the child's mother as discreetly and sensitively as possible. Referring the case to the UK Border Agency to interview the sponsor should be avoided.

If no information can be elicited from the mother, the best way forward may be to seek information from the sponsor's representatives (depending on whether they are known to the ECO to be willing to respect the confidence of all parties).

If it appears that an illegitimate child has been brought up as a child of the family, it will normally be appropriate to admit the child under paragraph 297(i)(f). The fact that the sponsor may not be aware that the child is not his natural child should not preclude entry clearance.

The ECO should not routinely disclose information about the DNA report to the sponsor or other family members in cases involving the illegitimate children. However, under the Data Protection Act applicants and sponsors have a right to see personal information about themselves, which we may hold.
:yikes:

trader dave
12th August 2009, 20:10
the the embassy don't know that..

thou its interesting how they deal with dna tests on children, when the results show that the mother or father or not the real bio parents :doh

:yikes: :doh

Child not related to the claimed mother
The ECO will need to establish:

* whether the child was born to another wife (particularly if the child is claiming citizenship by descent) and if so,
* whether the child lives with the natural mother or the claimed mother.

Depending on circumstances, the provisions of one of the sub paragraphs of Rules paragraph 297(i) may be appropriate.

In a case where the DNA report shows that the child may have been born out of a previously undisclosed earlier marriage, it may be necessary to investigate questions of polygamy and legitimacy (see below).

Where the child's natural mother is not seeking entry or does not qualify for admission, the sponsor would normally have to demonstrate that he/she has exercised sole responsibility (see SET7.8) for the child's upbringing (Rules paragraph 297(i)(e)).

Child not related to claimed father
The ECO must handle such cases with sensitivity as it may not be obvious whether the husband or other family members know of the true relationship and there may be serious repercussions for the wife and child if the information is disclosed (see illegitimacy below).

There may be any number of reasons why a claimed father may not be a child's natural father including the death of the first husband, rape or adultery.

Illegitimacy
Where DNA evidence indicates that a child may be illegitimate, the ECO should:

* try to establish the truth of the family circumstances by interviewing the child's mother as discreetly and sensitively as possible. Referring the case to the UK Border Agency to interview the sponsor should be avoided.

If no information can be elicited from the mother, the best way forward may be to seek information from the sponsor's representatives (depending on whether they are known to the ECO to be willing to respect the confidence of all parties).

If it appears that an illegitimate child has been brought up as a child of the family, it will normally be appropriate to admit the child under paragraph 297(i)(f). The fact that the sponsor may not be aware that the child is not his natural child should not preclude entry clearance.

The ECO should not routinely disclose information about the DNA report to the sponsor or other family members in cases involving the illegitimate children. However, under the Data Protection Act applicants and sponsors have a right to see personal information about themselves, which we may hold.
:yikes: very interesting though

the the embassy don't know that.. nor did the girl untill i explained:icon_lol::icon_lol::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

filipina_owl
13th August 2009, 03:08
Thank you all for your reply, i really appreciate it. At least i now have peace of mind. So i will now focus on our visa application. My husband hired and had paid in full to an agency in cebu to facilitate the process of our visa. I hope and pray everything will turn out okay. There are many requirements but we're almost done except for the letter that needs to be mailed and posted. We email everyday but the agency we hired asked us to write each other letters and mail to each other. I wonder if this is really necessary and i wonder if the embassy will really require us to write each other through posted mail?? But we're already married? Just a little skeptical about it....

trader dave
13th August 2009, 06:10
Thank you all for your reply, i really appreciate it. At least i now have peace of mind. So i will now focus on our visa application. My husband hired and had paid in full to an agency in cebu to facilitate the process of our visa. I hope and pray everything will turn out okay. There are many requirements but we're almost done except for the letter that needs to be mailed and posted. We email everyday but the agency we hired asked us to write each other letters and mail to each other. I wonder if this is really necessary and i wonder if the embassy will really require us to write each other through posted mail?? But we're already married? Just a little skeptical about it....

:yikes: sorry i think you are wasting your money getting an agency to handle it:doh

joebloggs
13th August 2009, 06:16
but the agency we hired asked us to write each other letters and mail to each other. I wonder if this is really necessary and i wonder if the embassy will really require us to write each other through posted mail?? But we're already married? Just a little skeptical about it....

it's good evidence, they're just minimising your risks of refusal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thou you don't need an agency, advice is free on here :D

filipina_owl
13th August 2009, 08:11
yeah but we've already paid. and the agency will facilitate the process until we get the visa. and also, i'm quite busy with work, so i think getting an agency helps. thanks for all the reply.

KeithD
13th August 2009, 08:48
The agency are nothing more than scammers. You get exactly what they give you on here for FREE!

filipina_owl
13th August 2009, 08:53
i really regret in getting the agency. we should have not wasted money. but its too late now. :-(

KeithD
13th August 2009, 08:57
i really regret in getting the agency. we should have not wasted money. but its too late now. :-(
I'd give you a good spanking but as you're pregnant we'll have to skip it this time :rolleyes:

vbkelly
13th August 2009, 11:02
:yikes: sorry i think you are wasting your money getting an agency to handle it:doh

its depend dave if that agency is scammer yeah you waste your money, i used agency before in manila and i paid ph1,000.00 they processed everything and i got my visa 3 working days

Mrs.JMajor
13th August 2009, 21:48
:23_116_6[1]:

Pregancy will probably favour your application, and I'd have the little'un here, as it helps with the paperwork.

I got pregnant from licking a toilet seat once :Cuckoo:

Filipina owl good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
13th August 2009, 21:50
:23_116_6[1]:

Filipina owl youre absolutely fine, dont worry about it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

korek ka dyan!