PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding how much land can I own Im a dual citizen!!!

bagaholic
12th August 2009, 09:30
Hello everybody I'm back again, I have a question regarding owning land in the philippines, we already owned 767 sqm land in Pinas, but my husband would like to puchase more we have been searching the internet if I could still own more and it says that if you are a dual you can only own 1,000 sqm resedintial land, but then there's another law that has been passed on 2003 that it says a dual national can own as much land.. pls any help will be much appreciated!!! thanks alot

pennybarry
12th August 2009, 10:13
Hello everybody I'm back again, I have a question regarding owning land in the philippines, we already owned 767 sqm land in Pinas, but my husband would like to puchase more we have been searching the internet if I could still own more and it says that if you are a dual you can only own 1,000 sqm resedintial land, but then there's another law that has been passed on 2003 that it says a dual national can own as much land.. pls any help will be much appreciated!!! thanks alot

You can own hectares:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

My friend in Holland is a dual citizen and she owned about 4 hectares or 40,000 square meters in Cavite.

We cannot afford to buy farmland in Sta Rosa :omg:
Before (1980's) it cost only 500 pesos per sq. m, but these days, the cheapest is 5,000 pesos/sq. m :doh
Laguna Bel Air cost P10,000/ sq. m but in 1990's it only cost 5,000/sq. m.

Goodluck to your buying!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bagaholic
12th August 2009, 11:06
Hi te tnx for ur reply, yeah i know u can own about a hectare of farm land, but I just dont know if u could own a more than 1,000 sqm residential land? because the info we are getting just doesnt add up its so confusing.

pennybarry
12th August 2009, 11:37
Hi te tnx for ur reply, yeah i know u can own about a hectare of farm land, but I just dont know if u could own a more than 1,000 sqm residential land? because the info we are getting just doesnt add up its so confusing.

I don't know exactly about that but for sure, farmland can easily convertible into residential in Pinas.

Ping
12th August 2009, 11:58
As what my niece said you can only own 4 hectares of agricultural land and you can own many houses as you can.
You can use proxy to put in the land title for another 4 hectares such as your sister or mother but you need also a writen document that state you own the land in seperate, to avoid trouble in the near future and both parties should sign it.
My niece own 8 hectares of coconut farm and 3 houses.They rented the 2 and they got also another 4 hectares but its a (prenda) and if the owner cannot redeem at the time of the agreement they will just add an amount to it and considered it sold out.