PDA

View Full Version : Fiance Visa to UK

Angel1403
11th August 2009, 22:07
Hello folks :)

I am new here, so hello to you all :)

A friend of mine who is married to a lovely Filippino girl recommended the site.

I am in love with a lovely 25 yo Filippino girl. We have been "dating" online on Yahoo for 4 months now. 2 hr chats on cam every night. Anyway if seems & feels real :)

Her intensions appear to be 100% genuine, as are mine :)

I tried to get her into the UK on a General Visitor Visa but that was refused :( Cause they felt she would not return home.

Needless to say we were both gutted :( cause we thought the 6 months she was here would let us no if our feelings really are real, which we think they are.

Anyway, I think the way forward is the Fiance Visa. I am planning in going to Philly in a few months to speand 8 days with her. Also I will meet her mon, dad etc on one of the days. So lots of pictures will be taken. Also I plan to propose during the visit and I guess visit the British Embassy with her for "advice" re Fiance visa application etc.

Does this seem the logical way to progress? When the initial Visa was refused we were both gutted :( Lots of tears. My solicitor seemd to think this is the common sense approach, ie meet each other first then progress with Fiance Visa etc.

I guess the plan is on my return to the UK we would get the application for Fiance Visa organised?

All advice welcome.

Thank you :)

Sun Shine
11th August 2009, 22:14
Hi Angel :Hellooo: and welcome to the forum.
There are people here who are and have been in your situation, so you will find lots of help here. It's a good idea to use the search function to try and find more info.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Sun.:)

Mrs.JMajor
11th August 2009, 22:21
Welcome to the forum, definitely one of the requirement at least you meet each other and yes after that you can go on apply with fiancee visa, but make sure keep all the chat logs, letters, telephone bills, pictures, and keep searching info here in the forum, loads of informative post in here, have time to read, its worth :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
11th August 2009, 23:07
Hi

Just don't be in too much of a hurry to propose....take some time to get to know each other. Talking on cam & meeting in person, can be quite different.

To get a fiancee visa, you will of had to have met at least once, but the more times the better.

Your other option, is to get married in the Philippines then apply for a spouse visa....could work out cheaper.

But again, take your time, get a feeling for the Philippines etc.....just friendly advice. :)

joebloggs
11th August 2009, 23:13
and start gathering evidence, the more the better :xxgrinning--00xx3:
start saving, so you have at least £2k in the bank.

plan ahead and look what you need to get your visa now, not after your married or engaged, because you might have to waste months waiting to get enough evidence :NoNo:

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th August 2009, 23:14
when are you off to the phils sim ?
your keeping your lady waiting :D

Angel1403
12th August 2009, 00:29
Hi

Your other option, is to get married in the Philippines then apply for a spouse visa....could work out cheaper.

Hi :)

How would getting married in Philippines be cheaper? I am curious?

Yes in relation to not rushing, we dont plan to. We both feel very much in love already. However, we realise oncve we meet & spend time together that will be the real test :)

Thats where I feel the 6 months time in the UK comes in once the Fiance Visa is issued. I guess we have 5 months to find out if our feeling are real and if we really like each other. Although, I think the answer will be Yes :)

Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers

Angel1403
12th August 2009, 00:32
and start gathering evidence, the more the better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

plan ahead and look what you need to get your visa now, not after your married or engaged, because you might have to waste months waiting to get enough evidence

Hello :)

Thanks for the advise & kind comments. Any good tips re evidence and Visa requirements other than wage slips, bank statements etc?

All our chats are on Yahoo on cam so no "real" letters or phone calls. But all message logs are saved.

Cheers :)

Angel1403
12th August 2009, 00:34

Hello :)

I am off to Philly in October............excited :cwm12:

Though long flight :yikes:

Cheers :)

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 06:01
Any good tips re evidence and Visa requirements other than wage slips, bank statements etc?

airline tickets, hotel bills, pictures, send a couple of snail mails, send your misses a few flowers/chocs online and keep the confirmation emails they were delivered, etc,,,,the more evidence the better :rolleyes:

long flight :bigcry: - usually takes a day nearly from leaving where i live til i got to the misses doorstep :doh - about 14hrs flight time i think - the rest waiting and travelling by taxi :ARsurrender:

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 06:37

I'm off middle of next month......October 8th is the big day :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

LastViking
12th August 2009, 07:17

Yes in relation to not rushing, we dont plan to. We both feel very much in love already. However, we realise oncve we meet & spend time together that will be the real test :)

Thats where I feel the 6 months time in the UK comes in once the Fiance Visa is issued. I guess we have 5 months to find out if our feeling are real and if we really like each other. Although, I think the answer will be Yes :)

Cheers
Welcome Angel, I think the cost is down to the difference in the two countries. The cost of anything in the Philippines is much less compared to the UK.

I am in the same position as you, but unfortunately my gf is separated so we have to get her marriage annulled before we can go any further. I wish you every success and I hope that your visit works out for you both.

Florge
12th August 2009, 07:19
I'm off middle of next month......October 8th is the big day :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

woohoooo... almost there!!! congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
12th August 2009, 07:33

Cheers

You get far more for your money in the Philippines so relatively speaking weddings are cheaper there. Though obviously you could if you wanted have a very cheap wedding in the UK. Also you will save on one lot of visa fees (£400), but of course you will have to make another trip to the Philippines which you may not wanted to do (which would cost time and money).

Personally I agree with you that having several months of living togther in the UK is invaluable and think that it is worth any extra it may have cost. Too many people on here claim that getting married in the Philippines and getting a spouse visa is best just because it is cheaper.

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 07:56
Yes, you can have quite a nice wedding in the Philippines, have all her family there, for a nominal amount of money.

.......but darren-b makes a very valid point, about going down the fiancee visa route & living together in the UK, so really it's down to the pair of you & whatever suits you best. :)

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 07:59
woohoooo... almost there!!! congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Florge, we're both both looking forward to it, very much.....getting nervous too :):):BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

sunshine
12th August 2009, 08:42
Thank you Florge, we're both both looking forward to it, very much.....getting nervous too :):):BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

This will be your first time to meet her ? :)

sunshine
12th August 2009, 08:48
Hello folks :)

I am new here, so hello to you all :)

A friend of mine who is married to a lovely Filippino girl recommended the site.

I am in love with a lovely 25 yo Filippino girl. We have been "dating" online on Yahoo for 4 months now. 2 hr chats on cam every night. Anyway if seems & feels real :)

Her intensions appear to be 100% genuine, as are mine :)

I tried to get her into the UK on a General Visitor Visa but that was refused :( Cause they felt she would not return home.

Needless to say we were both gutted :( cause we thought the 6 months she was here would let us no if our feelings really are real, which we think they are.

Anyway, I think the way forward is the Fiance Visa. I am planning in going to Philly in a few months to speand 8 days with her. Also I will meet her mon, dad etc on one of the days. So lots of pictures will be taken. Also I plan to propose during the visit and I guess visit the British Embassy with her for "advice" re Fiance visa application etc.

Does this seem the logical way to progress? When the initial Visa was refused we were both gutted :( Lots of tears. My solicitor seemd to think this is the common sense approach, ie meet each other first then progress with Fiance Visa etc.

I guess the plan is on my return to the UK we would get the application for Fiance Visa organised?

All advice welcome.

Thank you :)

IMO, 8 days spending with her is not enough. Being inlove online is way too different when you meet in person. That is the real test. The more visits to Philippines the better. It takes time to know each other. Bu then again, that is just me :rolleyes:

Angel1403
12th August 2009, 10:31
IMO, 8 days spending with her is not enough. Being inlove online is way too different when you meet in person. That is the real test. The more visits to Philippines the better. It takes time to know each other. Bu then again, that is just me :rolleyes:

Hi you make a fair point. However do to my work I am unable to make other trips to Philly, aside from the cost. I just wish it was as close as Poland. They I could visit once a month.

In relation to 8 days not enough. I agree, but once she is with me we have 6 months to really get to know each other before we decide to get married. I guess we will set a wedding date in the 5th month.

Cheers :-)

aromulus
12th August 2009, 10:45

In relation to 8 days not enough. I agree, but once she is with me we have 6 months to really get to know each other before we decide to get married. I guess we will set a wedding date in the 5th month.

Cheers :-)

Not quite sure the ECO will grant anything without a date already set, even provisionally....:Erm:

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 10:59

you getting wed then :yikes:

poor gal :cwm24:

:D

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 11:02
This will be your first time to meet her ? :)

No sunshine, I've been out there 3 times now, this next time is to get married.
I'm not the original poster of this thread, I'm afraid I hi-jacked it. :)

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 11:07
you getting wed then :yikes:

poor gal :cwm24:

:D

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3:....yes a life sentence for her :bigcry:

You know if you can drag yourself away from Manc land, you'd be very welcome. :)

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 13:25
You know if you can drag yourself away from Manc land, you'd be very welcome. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: how i wish i could get away from the misses for 2 wks:rolleyes:
well if the misses passes her exam end of OCT, me, misses and the kids will be going to the phils b4 april :rolleyes:, will be first time back there in near 5yrs :yikes:

life sentence, just 6yrs wed seems eternity to me :cwm24: or is it 7 :doh

see cant remember :Cuckoo:

Angel1403
12th August 2009, 14:49
Not quite sure the ECO will grant anything without a date already set, even provisionally....:Erm:

Hello :-)

yes you make a good point. Sorry I was not clear in my message.

Sorry I forgot to say I plan to book wedding eg registry office or other such cival location before I visit so I can take wedding booking confirmation with me as part of evidence.

Thanks for your advise......it's so complicated and stresseful.

Cheers

aromulus
12th August 2009, 15:12

Sorry I forgot to say I plan to book wedding eg registry office or other such cival location before I visit so I can take wedding booking confirmation with me as part of evidence.

Cheers

Is this your first trip...???:Erm:

I think you may have to do a bit more research....:doh

Or maybe I got it wrong......:NoNo:

Anyway...... Yes, marrying in the Phils is a hell of a lot cheaper, and I mean "cheap" compared to the UK.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
And you will bring lots of happiness and pride to her family.

Search on the forum and you will find lots of other threads attesting the same.:D

Besides, if you marry there, you will be doing away with the fiancee visa and go straight to the spouse one.
One less expense.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't forget to fetch chocolate when you go....

trader dave
12th August 2009, 15:22

Cheers

i dont think you can book it if i remember right its a catch 22 situationyou both have to go to a special registry office [ours in kent was maidstone] as she is not british ??? go to the registry office website or others will fill you in further

we got refused last time VISITORS VISA FOR MARRIAGE because i had not booked a date [but you cant book it ?????????????

you cant waste a lot of time and money trying to do it quick :doh:doh

also its not so much the fact that a wedding in the philippines is cheaper more to the point DIVORCE DOES NOT EXIST now some may think thats bad and some may think that is good :Erm: you make your own choice :icon_lol:

also if you are already married it is hard for them to refuse your wife entry to live with her husband :D

Angel1403
12th August 2009, 16:22
Omg my head is spinning. It's so complicated.

Yes it will be my first time in Philly and due to work commitmants my only visit for at least a year. Conseqently, we really need to use the visit to our best advantage.

It's only 8 days I am there, mon to mon. I assumed best to use the time to get to know each other, meet her mom dad etc. Get lots of pics taken and get engaged. We also planned to visit the British Embassy in Manila to ask for advice stating we just got engaged and we like to get my fiancé into the Uk with intention to marry within 6 month.

The idea also was to bring out bank statements etc with me ready to be submitted with fiancé Visa application.

Now some people mention getting married. I guess we could during the 7 days if it makes it easier for my lovely lady to be with me?

I guess it means a spouse visa application following my visit, or is there another way? Also what are legal implications re getting married in Philly?

My house is main asset in my name only. My lovely lady has already said she has no interest in it and suggested if my solicitor needed her to sign some legal doc she would. So I have mo worries re her intentions.

She really is a gorgeous sweet sincere & caring girl. I guess that's what I fall in love with her :-)

thanks for advice. I really appreciate it

Cheers

darren-b
12th August 2009, 17:10

Oh yes they will. Our only plan for our wedding was the month we would have it in. No actual date or location planned. As it turned out we didn't even get married in the month we said.

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 20:21
WOOOAH!!!!!!!!!!!! SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! :yikes:

I'm starting to find your posts a bit worrying?

What does your ladyfriend think about all of this?

Would you marry a British woman this quickly? :NoNo: I don't think so.

Please just go & visit her & spend some time together....someone here has just had his spouse visa refused, through lack of sufficient evidence of a proper relationship....sounds like he has a genuine case.

Yours just smacks of desperation....don't rush it :cwm24:

Northerner
12th August 2009, 20:28

:D Mr Cautious :xxgrinning--00xx3: Personally, I say take things slow but listen to your heart and make sure your not marrying just for sex:NoNo: Otherwise you might get a shock later! But like it or not this country demands proof of a relationship so you need to take things a little slow:)

Tawi2
12th August 2009, 20:30
Oft repeated.................Marry in haste repent at leisure :rolleyes:at first the bedroom gymnastics are great and serve to paper over the cracks,but once the novelty wears off..............:icon_lol: Its impossible to really truly know someone in 4 months,especially someone on the other side of the world you havent actually set eyes on,but these speed-marriages seem to work for some,hope your one of them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
12th August 2009, 20:47
Oft repeated.................Marry in haste repent at leisure :rolleyes:at first the bedroom gymnastics are great and serve to paper over the cracks,but once the novelty wears off..............:icon_lol: Its impossible to really truly know someone in 4 months,especially someone on the other side of the world you havent actually set eyes on,but these speed-marriages seem to work for some,hope your one of them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you want shortime or long time:Erm::Erm: now i know what they mean :icon_lol: :Cuckoo:

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 20:47
:D Mr Cautious :xxgrinning--00xx3: Personally, I say take things slow but listen to your heart and make sure your not marrying just for sex:NoNo: Otherwise you might get a shock later! But like it or not this country demands proof of a relationship so you need to take things a little slow:)

Cautious I maybe, but would you want to marry someone you hadn't yet met....don't say yes Northerner :icon_lol:

Personally, we've been through a lot of heartache, to get where we are now & so have many more here.....beware!

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 21:27
Personally, we've been through a lot of heartache

but you got thru that, then you both can get thru anything :rolleyes:

Northerner
12th August 2009, 21:29

Indeed:xxgrinning--00xx3: Personally, I am not going to the phils to get married but if things happen like I am hoping... Then who knows next year or so:Erm:

But I doubt I will be waiting for 2 years or anything like that:cwm34:

Northerner
12th August 2009, 21:31
Plus, I would go the fiance route because at least then you can livetogether for a few months before doind the deed:)

joebloggs
12th August 2009, 21:39
But I doubt I will be waiting for 2 years or anything like that:cwm34:

2yrs :D, it was more than 2yrs before i went to see the misses for the first time, even after we wed, she was in the phils for more than a year :rolleyes:

treat them mean, keep them keen :xxparty-smiley-004:

:ARsurrender: i'm joking :D

Northerner
12th August 2009, 21:54
:ARsurrender: i'm joking :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Yeah, I know you posted the white flag just as the missus tapped you on the shoulder :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
12th August 2009, 22:09

Yep! you're right :xxgrinning--00xx3:...just advising caution to others :)

By the way joey....hope your mrs. passes her exams, so you get your trip next year. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Angel1403
13th August 2009, 18:39

LOL thats a bit hurtful :(

Nope not desperation. We are not desperate to get married, but are desperate to be together :)

Clearly, the logical route is the Fiance Visa, thats why I ask the question about it. Once my gf is here we would have almost 6 months to really get to know each other and our feelings.

Of course, even 6 months is not a "long" time. However, the feelings in our hearts appear to be real, so we want to move forward.

In an ideal world we would have more time to spend together, but because of the Visa restrictions thats not the case. Thats why we initially try to get a General Visa visitor, to get to know each other better, but that was refused :(

I am visiting Philly in October and will spend 8 days with my gf, meet her family etc :D

Would I like to be there longer? Definately, but due to work restrictions I cant :NoNo:

Would I like to visit Philly every few months? Of course, again cant be done :NoNo:

Shame she was not in an EU Country, it would be so much easier, I could fly over for a long weekend every month, and of course her Visa would be a formality :rolleyes:

However, due to the 3rd Country Visa rules, the Fiance Visa seems to be our best option with at least some time to get to know each other before deciding if we want to get married.

However, my gf feels as strongly as I do re our feelings........so I hope our hearts do become one :cwm38:

Thanks to everyone for the advise......even the nagative comments.........its all useful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Any more agvice re ensuring Fiance Visa application is successful greatly received :D

Cheers

Arthur Little
13th August 2009, 19:33

I'm starting to find your posts a bit worrying?

What does your ladyfriend think about all of this?

Would you marry a British woman this quickly? :NoNo: I don't think so.

Please just go & visit her & spend some time together....someone here has just had his spouse visa refused, through lack of sufficient evidence of a proper relationship....sounds like he has a genuine case.

:doh Please ... pay heed to my friend Simon's sensible advice! Remember marriage is, after all [supposed to be] a lifetime commitment between two people. And it most certainly IS regarded AS such, if one of them happens to be Filipino. So don't be too hasty :NoNo: ... simply for the sake of "beating the system"!

As Simon says, the wife of a newcomer to this site was denied a spousal visa just a matter of days ago and, much as I sympathise with the couple concerned, I PERSONALLY suspect :rolleyes: (though I may be wrong) that the reason for this refusal was because the Entry Clearance Officer wasn't completely satisfied that the parties had spent sufficient time in getting to know one another properly before "taking the plunge".

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck to you both in the future.

Angel1403
13th August 2009, 20:02
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply. I am not trying to beat the system. All I want is for my lovely girl to be allowed into the UK so that we can get to know each other.

I cant spend anymore time in Philly other than my trip in October, so her coming to the UK is the only option.

Thats why I mention the Fiance Visa route, as we will have several months to really find out if our feelings are real. That seems to be the only route into the UK other than the Spouse route. However, as you & Simon say, we dont yet know each other well enough to get married so soon, hense the Fiance route.

We have both discuseed our feeling very openly. My gf does want to become my fiance, and I am more than happy for that to happen. Although chatting on Yahoo and on Cam is not ideal, you can still pick up on feelings, emotions reactions etc.

There is know doubt that we have falling in love with each other :cwm38:

However, its sensible to want to meet each other and spend time together in order to ensure our "feelings" are real etc.

Its a shame the Fiance Visa does not give a longer time before having to get married, but honestly, if our feelings remain as they are now when we spend time together in Philly, and during 5 months in the UK should she get her fiance Visa, I would have no hesitation in marrying her :)

Its just a shame the Visa playing field is not equal :(

Everyone should be able to get a Visa as easily as EU Country residents.

Thanks again for your advice :)

Sim11UK
13th August 2009, 20:14
Hi Angel1403

Sorry! if you find my post a little offensive to you, just telling you the way I saw it.
I sincerely hope that you go out to the Philippines & things work out well for you both....I've been looking in regularly on this forum, for 18 months now & I've soaked up a lot of valuable information from it's members.
You have to understand, that things don't happen overnight....we're all in the same boat, or have been....We've all scrimped, used all our holidays up etc. etc....Often over a couple of years.

Trying to rush things, will probably only add to your frustration.

Peace & goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :ARsurrender:

Angel1403
13th August 2009, 22:15
Hi Angel1403

Sorry! if you find my post a little offensive to you, just telling you the way I saw it.
I sincerely hope that you go out to the Philippines & things work out well for you both....I've been looking in regularly on this forum, for 18 months now & I've soaked up a lot of valuable information from it's members.
You have to understand, that things don't happen overnight....we're all in the same boat, or have been....We've all scrimped, used all our holidays up etc. etc....Often over a couple of years.

Trying to rush things, will probably only add to your frustration.

Peace & goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :ARsurrender:

No problem, I was just a little hurt.........but ok now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for the good wishes :)

Yes I hope when I am in Philly in October that we get on great and do decide to get engaged.

Thereafter I guess we just need to see what happens with Visa application.

Yes I can imagine that lots of holidays etc have been used on trips to Philly.

Unfortunately, due to work and other business I dont really have that option. Consequently, thats why we hope the Fiance option works for us :)

Thanks again for your advice :)

jakeob
25th August 2009, 19:30
Hi Angel,

I do understand your frustrations here with the visa rules, i think going down the fiance visa route is a good idea, i did the get married abroad thing and it was a big mistake, visa refused the lot. Personaly i cant see any problem meeting a girl online, traveling half way round the world to spend some time with her, then asking the goverment to let her visit you in your country
I wonder what would be your chances of getting a fiance visa on the basis of your plan? i wonder how many trips you would have to make to please the embassy? is one trip enough to get a fiance visa? i think these are some good questions you should be asking at this point

Hope it works out for you "good luck"

IainBusby
25th August 2009, 21:05
Omg my head is spinning. It's so complicated.

Yes it will be my first time in Philly and due to work commitmants my only visit for at least a year. Conseqently, we really need to use the visit to our best advantage.

It's only 8 days I am there, mon to mon. I assumed best to use the time to get to know each other, meet her mom dad etc. Get lots of pics taken and get engaged. We also planned to visit the British Embassy in Manila to ask for advice stating we just got engaged and we like to get my fiancé into the Uk with intention to marry within 6 month.

The idea also was to bring out bank statements etc with me ready to be submitted with fiancé Visa application.

Now some people mention getting married. I guess we could during the 7 days if it makes it easier for my lovely lady to be with me?

I guess it means a spouse visa application following my visit, or is there another way? Also what are legal implications re getting married in Philly?

My house is main asset in my name only. My lovely lady has already said she has no interest in it and suggested if my solicitor needed her to sign some legal doc she would. So I have mo worries re her intentions.

She really is a gorgeous sweet sincere & caring girl. I guess that's what I fall in love with her :-)

thanks for advice. I really appreciate it

Cheers

You would have to turn up in the Philippines with a Cerificate of No Impediment (CNI) which you get from your local registry office. Once there you would need to exchange it for the local version at the British Embassy in Manila, then you would have to apply for a marriage licence (which takes 10 days in most parts of the Philippines) and you would probably have to attend a pre marital seminar as well. So I don't think it would be possible for you to get married within an eight day stay.

Iain.