PDA

View Full Version : Trifle recipe?

LEAHnew
10th August 2009, 18:23
Hello everyone I just want to ask if you had tried making TRIFLE may I know what are the ingredients and how to prepare it:D
It's Annie's favorite UK dessert ( I forgot her screen Id here:doh wife of Paul:)) during Scot's baby shower I tasted it first time (btw all the foods are great:xxgrinning--00xx3:) and I love it now, I hope somebody can share their recipe about it:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
10th August 2009, 18:31
Hello everyone I just want to ask if you had tried making TRIFLE may I know what are the ingredients and how to prepare it:D
It's Annie's favorite UK dessert ( I forgot her screen Id here:doh wife of Paul:)) during Scot's baby shower I tasted it first time (btw all the foods are great:xxgrinning--00xx3:) and I love it now, I hope somebody can share their recipe about it:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

im always following the recipes here: :xxgrinning--00xx3: taste good, try the
black forest trifle:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.joyofbaking.com/EnglishTrifle.html

bornatbirth
10th August 2009, 19:10
there are many different ones,usually with a jelly base with something in it fruit or sponge or both with custard on top and cream on top of that,you can also put nuts,chocolate or hundreds and thousands on the cream or all 3,if your feeling fat??

try to google it.

IainBusby
10th August 2009, 19:43

Annie and Paul's ID is Silver13

http://filipinaroses.com/member.php?u=1276

There are so many trifle recipes, I don't think that any two people make it the same, but here are a few recipes.

http://www.dessert-recipes.co.uk/DESSERT-RECIPE-trifle-recipes.htm

The basics are of the one I used to make at Christmas (before I married Louella and got banned from the kitchen) were: trifle sponges soaked in jelly and set, 1 drained can of fruit cocktail on top of that, custard on top of that and a thick cream topping decorated with hundreds and thousands and fresh fruit (strawberrys are best if available).

Iain.

Sim11UK
10th August 2009, 21:02
Hi Leah

If you're really desperate to eat trifle, you can buy them ready made in Tesco's....of course they aren't really as nice as the homemade ones.

If my memory is right, Mr Bloggs is rather partial to a Tesco's trifle, or maybe it was Somebody....I just remember someone talking about them. :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
10th August 2009, 21:07
I have tried making them in several occassions and its really hard to set the custard.am gonna try and try as they said practise makes perfect:D

bornatbirth
10th August 2009, 22:36
make the base first let the jelly set,make the custard and let it go cold over night in the fridge and just mix it up and put it on the jelly.

frednbyang
11th August 2009, 10:06
They should replace the 'Life in the UK test' for spouses with a simple test of preparing a steak and kidney pudding followed by a trifle. :BouncyHappy:

IainBusby
11th August 2009, 11:00
They should replace the 'Life in the UK test' for spouses with a simple test of preparing a steak and kidney pudding followed by a trifle. :BouncyHappy:

From what I've seen of the Life in the UK questions, I think this is a great idea and it would at least be relevant to real "Life in the UK"

Northerner
11th August 2009, 11:11

:Erm: I think Hindu's from India might have something to say about the steak and Kidney pudding, besides.. Kidney tastes like :censored:! And you'd have to make sure the jelly was halal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D

LEAHnew
11th August 2009, 12:03
im always following the recipes here: :xxgrinning--00xx3: taste good, try the
black forest trifle:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.joyofbaking.com/EnglishTrifle.html
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks for the link..

there are many different ones,usually with a jelly base with something in it fruit or sponge or both with custard on top and cream on top of that,you can also put nuts,chocolate or hundreds and thousands on the cream or all 3,if your feeling fat??

try to google it.

:doh How you know?:D:Cuckoo:

Annie and Paul's ID is Silver13

http://filipinaroses.com/member.php?u=1276

There are so many trifle recipes, I don't think that any two people make it the same, but here are a few recipes.

http://www.dessert-recipes.co.uk/DESSERT-RECIPE-trifle-recipes.htm

The basics are of the one I used to make at Christmas (before I married Louella and got banned from the kitchen) were: trifle sponges soaked in jelly and set, 1 drained can of fruit cocktail on top of that, custard on top of that and a thick cream topping decorated with hundreds and thousands and fresh fruit (strawberrys are best if available).

Iain.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks for that Ian yea it's SIlver13:doh

:yikes: You were banned in the kitchen:D Chris got only warning:rolleyes::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Hi Leah

If you're really desperate to eat trifle, you can buy them ready made in Tesco's....of course they aren't really as nice as the homemade ones.

If my memory is right, Mr Bloggs is rather partial to a Tesco's trifle, or maybe it was Somebody....I just remember someone talking about them. :icon_lol:
:omg:THanks for the advice Sim:D, I found out it's very challenging cooking:yikes::Erm::NoNo::D maybe I'll try ready made at the moment:doh:Cuckoo:

I have tried making them in several occassions and its really hard to set the custard.am gonna try and try as they said practise makes perfect:D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:oh Mrs. Daddy your an inspiration:D..let me know if you made it:xxgrinning--00xx3:maybe needs some strategy to make the layer perfect:Erm::D

:yikes: :Erm: I thought it's only written exams:Erm:...I'm afraid if in my time there will be a practical examination:omg::CompBuster::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Northerner
11th August 2009, 12:24
Perhaps everyone interested should learn how to make Chocolate Trifle :) MMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmm... Choc-o-late :rolleyes:

LEAHnew
11th August 2009, 12:26
Perhaps everyone interested should learn how to make Chocolate Trifle :) MMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmm... Choc-o-late :rolleyes:

interesting:rolleyes::D