PDA

View Full Version : How do I get service packs on an old OS

GaryFifer
4th August 2009, 10:30
Whenever I go back to scratch with the PC,it requires an internet connection to upload all the service packs and updates. Is it possible to install on disc. Can I burn a disc with all the updates and then apply these to the operating system?

I goes back to Windows OS XP before service pack 1

KeithD
4th August 2009, 10:35
You can download them to the disk and burn them for future use.

somebody
5th August 2009, 11:41
Sir you may wish to google or bing or yahoo or whatever your cuppa tea slipsteaming xp.
Only really works on a full xp disk. Also may want to research ghosting in regards pc's.

Heres one example but plenty of other sites and pages can be found for free on the interweb.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xpsp3_slipstream.asp

Its definetly worth as well as allways backing up all unique content on your pc having a Disk which has a fairly recent bulid of what you use.

Your workplace will most likely prefer you to keep all unique files either backed up to disk, saved on a network drive then if you have a crash etc.

They can repair pc if required put in a ghost disk/or boot of a shared drive and after a bit of setting up for your personal requirments its all done in one go. Then you can either reload on your unique files or still have access via the network drives.

Quite easy to do if you spend a little time at home.

Quite handy if you have realtives or friends in the UK or PHill to are not so pc literate.

Many faults or troublesome pcs if you flatten the o/s on the pc and reload on xp and what have you all in one go.

We have it setup in phill and saves mucho time