PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee Visa Application is in!!!

MarBell379
4th August 2009, 08:56
Just got to wait now, and me and Del are both nervous as hell :bigcry:

Neither of us got much sleep as we're both so excited and nervous, an dI'm certain its worse for her having to do all this. I wish I was there with her :NoNo:

It didnt help her this morning that the staff in VFS Manila were so cold and nasty. I'm sure they have a lot to do, but they would make their own jobs easier if they helped people through what is for most quite a scary process instead of just barking orders.:furious3:

My fiancee had got it in her mind that photocopies of documents werent required, as all the documentation is supposed to be sent back, so to save carrying everything she left the copies in the hotel room (daft I know, but I can understand). She was sent back to get them saying that documents would NOT be returned, so she must have copies. When she returned they ignored the copies, took the originals, and told her they WOULD be returned after processing.:Brick:

Took about 4 hrs all told (with a30 minute break in the middle to go collect the unneeded paperwork), and came out very stressed :cwm23:

They're still saying 3 months for approval. Waiting starts now. Hope it comes quickly.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
4th August 2009, 09:06
Hello MarBell379,:Hellooo:
You said: They're still saying 3 months for approval. Waiting starts now. Hope it comes quickly.

I hope for your sakes it is within the 3 months, but thoes of us who submitted in April are now well over 3 months, I wonder why they are still saying that ?
Ours will be in the 15th week this Thursday.
Mick.:Brick:

MarBell379
4th August 2009, 09:24
Thanks Mick.
I hope you find out quickly now. Im really hoping theyve got over the initial shock of merging two offices but it doesnt seem that way from reports :(

Just have to cross fingers I guess :(

kimmi
4th August 2009, 09:29
hi Marbell, goodluck with ur applications..why they didnt bother with her photocopies?isnt on the checklist u need to provide two copies or else they will keep ur originals?

Goodluck again, dont worry as long as u followed most of the threads in here about successful visas I am sure u will have urs too ..:)

LEAHnew
4th August 2009, 10:58
Goodluck to both of you:Hellooo: I'm sorry to hear about your experience at VFS:NoNo: anyway I guess your fiancee felt a bit relief now when she submitted those:xxgrinning--00xx3: :D
you will be both fine just have lots of patience waiting for the successful result:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Ji&Ma
4th August 2009, 12:00
Thanks Mick.
I hope you find out quickly now. I'm really hoping they've got over the initial shock of merging two offices but it doesn't seem that way from reports :(

Just have to cross fingers I guess :(

Sorry MarBell - don't want to disappoint you but it isn't just two offices as you said - they made Manila UK Embassy something like a regional South Asia hub for processing all of the VISA.:angry::Brick::furious3::Brick::angry:
From e-mail I've got from Embassy: Your email has reached the Visa Enquiries Team at the UKBA Regional Visa Section for the Philippines, Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong.
And it is not just Manila - what I've seen in one of posts from JoeBloggs they've made same blunder in Middle East (Joe's post (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?p=159792#post159792))

Northerner
4th August 2009, 12:57
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Good luck, hope it takes less then 3 months for you two. :)

trader dave
4th August 2009, 15:10
the wait begins just hang in there:D we are getting close ourselves mrs t is going to axa now on 13th we have booked flight booked hotel send money tomorrow for fee :Brick::Brick::Brick: :censored: now she is running around like a headless chicken checking double checking documents but as far as the waiting goes we are used to it :doh:doh

see ya when i see ya :Rasp:

classygirl
4th August 2009, 16:48

Neither of us got much sleep as we're both so excited and nervous, an dI'm certain its worse for her having to do all this. I wish I was there with her :NoNo:

It didnt help her this morning that the staff in VFS Manila were so cold and nasty. I'm sure they have a lot to do, but they would make their own jobs easier if they helped people through what is for most quite a scary process instead of just barking orders.:furious3:

My fiancee had got it in her mind that photocopies of documents werent required, as all the documentation is supposed to be sent back, so to save carrying everything she left the copies in the hotel room (daft I know, but I can understand). She was sent back to get them saying that documents would NOT be returned, so she must have copies. When she returned they ignored the copies, took the originals, and told her they WOULD be returned after processing.:Brick:

Took about 4 hrs all told (with a30 minute break in the middle to go collect the unneeded paperwork), and came out very stressed :cwm23:

They're still saying 3 months for approval. Waiting starts now. Hope it comes quickly.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck!!!!!!!Just keep your fingers cross and hopefully everything will be ok.

joebloggs
4th August 2009, 18:42
you will be both fine just have lots of patience waiting for the successful result:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:

and how patient was you leah waiting for your visa :doh

:D

tiN
4th August 2009, 19:12
Wish you all the best for ur fiancee's application. Hope it will go quickly for u :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
4th August 2009, 19:13
Best of luck and hope all goes well.

Trev and Gracy:)

LastViking
4th August 2009, 19:20
I hope that everything goes well, the best of luck.

MarBell379
4th August 2009, 22:17
Thanks to all - fingers crossed :)
We havent seen each other since May so I'm thinking I might see if I can pop over for 5 or 6 days at the end of August. Its a long way to go for a short trip but I'm not sure I can take another 3 Months apart.

Jem
4th August 2009, 22:23
Good Luck! Another one to join the list of us waiting for results!

LEAHnew
4th August 2009, 23:04
and how patient was you leah waiting for your visa :doh

:D

:omg:
It was 12 weeks of sleepless nights Joe and nerve-racking moment everytime there was a courier around our shop:yikes::doh:Rasp::D
:rolleyes:but logging in the forum made it easy for me waiting and all the support and help of the members here..we made it:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks to all - fingers crossed :)
We havent seen each other since May so I'm thinking I might see if I can pop over for 5 or 6 days at the end of August. Its a long way to go for a short trip but I'm not sure I can take another 3 Months apart.

It's a wonderful plan:xxgrinning--00xx3: my fiance had a thought of that as well but when I knew about his plan I discourage him even I wanted so much to see him and be with him even just for a moment, I Just told him to focus tidying the house:yikes: and save some for our wedding:D:cwm38:
Goodluck once again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th August 2009, 23:07

:omg: What a stressful time your fiancee has had! You'd think the VFS people would be a little more understanding and sympathetic in the circumstances. Granted, their resources are probably being grossly overstretched as a result of Manila now handling applications from other Far Eastern countries like Japan, Taiwan and so forth ... but all the same, being understaffed is no real justification for "civil" servants displaying a general lack of common courtesy towards their clients. :NoNo:

But at least the weeks of hard work and preparation are now behind her. And hopefully, the Embassy will - sooner rather than later - take whatever steps are necessary to reduce the Waiting Period for the many who are currently in a similar position to yourselves.

For now, it only remains for me to wish you and Del all the very best for a successful outcome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th August 2009, 23:41
:::D
... but logging in the forum made it easy for me waiting and all the support and help of the members here..we made it:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: It's true! Reading about the experiences of others ... and, in turn, the support and valuable advice I was given right HERE by fellow members on THIS forum ... greatly sustained ME between my two visits to the Phils, and afterwards during the waiting period.

So much so, that I've been a 'for...um...addict' ever since! :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
5th August 2009, 09:09
goodluck and best wishes:)

Jay&Zobel
5th August 2009, 14:05
Best of luck Marbell!