PDA

View Full Version : Pag-ibig kita

Florge
1st August 2009, 16:33
My bf told me last night: Darling, pag-ibig kita... and I go: what? and he said... pag-ibig = love... and I go: ohhh... mahal kita...

LOL.. seems like he's literally translating the english words to Filipino.. bought him a dictionary so he can start learning Filipino...

he's sooo cute!

What were the first Filipino words you learned or your bf/gf/fiance/fiancee learned?

Jay&Zobel
1st August 2009, 16:40
My bf told me last night: Darling, pag-ibig kita... and I go: what? and he said... pag-ibig = love... and I go: ohhh... mahal kita...

LOL.. seems like he's literally translating the english words to Filipino.. bought him a dictionary so he can start learning Filipino...

he's sooo cute!

Aww how sweet!

What were the first Filipino words you learned or your bf/gf/fiance/fiancee learned?

Maganda ka! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
1st August 2009, 16:43

he's sooo cute!

awwwww, sweet naman ni papa simon, galing :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
1st August 2009, 16:51
unsa :Erm:

kinsa:icon_lol::icon_lol: ziggy na

Pepe n Pilar
1st August 2009, 16:53
The first word he learned... mahal kita... ( i love you ):D:xxgrinning--00xx3:
then...
mahal din kita ( i love you too )...:xxgrinning--00xx3:and maganda..:D

aromulus
1st August 2009, 17:06
The first words I learnt......:Erm:

Easy.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Etched in my mind forever and ever......:rolleyes:

Walay kwarta:omg:

Florge
1st August 2009, 17:19

LOL... nice!

Tawi2
1st August 2009, 18:09
I will be honest,within 10 minutes of getting into a taxi as an innocent impressionable child at NAIA I began my education :Erm: The driver told me to say "Hi,nice to meet you" to a lady I had to say "Dali na sa katre e**t na ta" or if she was especially nice "Your very pretty" was "Ayoko sa iyo,maluwang ang **** mo" :cwm24: Neither sentence actually translates as he told me they did,but the first has proven the more useful of the two :icon_lol: If you find either offensive blame a Manila(he was actually from the visayas)Taxi driver with a wicked sense of humour :NoNo::doh shame on him for ruining me..............

kimmi
1st August 2009, 18:16

he's sooo cute!

oh that was so sweet of ur Simon..:D:luv4:

The first Tagalog words that my hubby learned is Mahal Kita and Salamat..:D and he also says Magandang Umaga Bayan whenever he talks to my family thru Skype..:doh:doh:icon_lol:

LEAHnew
1st August 2009, 19:25
:oh sweet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My kukupops learned MAHAL KITA, KUMUSTA PO, SALAMAT and UTUT MO:yikes::D:icon_lol:
He knew G*GO was an endearment so sometimes he call me G*GA but very sweet telling it:doh:yikes::D:Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

jam07
1st August 2009, 19:30

LOL! LOL! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Northerner
1st August 2009, 21:19

Will somebody please let me know what this means so I don't say it to Rizza and then discover I'm calling her something she will hate me for??? :Erm::Erm::cwm24::cwm24::cwm3:

miss.piggy
1st August 2009, 21:21
Will somebody please let me know what this means so I don't say it to Rizza and then discover I'm calling her something she will hate me for??? :Erm::Erm::cwm24::cwm24::cwm3:
Walay Kwarta is No Money.. :)

Tawi2
1st August 2009, 21:22
"No money" :icon_lol: In visayan walang pera,pobre ako,luoy sa aking :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
1st August 2009, 21:22

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: A must say PHRASE lol:omg::D

Northerner
1st August 2009, 21:25
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: A must say PHRASE lol:omg::D

Then PM me if it requires earmuffs for the kids :D:D

Sophie
1st August 2009, 21:35

very clever mod dom :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D
And i agree with zobel - it's a "must say phrase" indeed :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

Pepe n Pilar
1st August 2009, 21:37

I like this..Funny!!!:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
1st August 2009, 21:48
Aaahhhh.. Figured it out now thanks to the ever trusty wikitravel... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 09:41
She is visayan Northerner,she will appreciate wala ko kwarta more than wala akong pera,trust your old uncle Tawi :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 10:11
She is visayan Northerner,she will appreciate wala ko kwarta more than wala akong pera,trust your old uncle Tawi :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: Kwarta I figured is money... Wala Ko? Now, now uncle Tawi, don't be sending me into a Bukidnon village declaring myself a millionaire :D:D:D:omg:

Jay&Zobel
2nd August 2009, 10:17
:Erm: Kwarta I figured is money... Wala Ko? Now, now uncle Tawi, don't be sending me into a Bukidnon village declaring myself a millionaire :D:D:D:omg:

Wala akong Kwarta or Wala akong Pera - I don't have Money.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Kwarta & Pera are one and the same.

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 10:21

Bukidnon is Mindanao,your going there?If you want to say I am a millionaire please,please strip me bare :icon_lol:datu ko, milyonaryo, kuhaa ning akong tanang kwarta:icon_lol:

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 10:22
Wala akong Kwarta or Wala akong Pera - I don't have Money.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Kwarta & Pera are one and the same.

Ahh, my new phrase from the second I get off the plane in Manila:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 10:27
As a total newbie this phrase is very important for the taxi drivers parked at NAIA ako ay inosente, nakawan ninyo ako :xxgrinning--00xx3:It sort of means this is my first time here,can you tell :D They will fight each other if you shout it at the taxi rank to be the one to get you into their vehicle :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 10:38
Bukidnon is Mindanao,your going there?If you want to say I am a millionaire please,please strip me bare :icon_lol:datu ko, milyonaryo, kuhaa ning akong tanang kwarta:icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: And I'm sure within a few hours word would have spread as far as Jolo:omg::omg::omg::omg:

As a total newbie this phrase is very important for the taxi drivers parked at NAIA ako ay inosente, nakawan ninyo ako :xxgrinning--00xx3:It sort of means this is my first time here,can you tell :D They will fight each other if you shout it at the taxi rank to be the one to get you into their vehicle :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I take it they are as bad as the drivers in Thailand :xxgrinning--00xx3::doh Maybe I will look like a dumb tourist with too much money and too little sense when I get there:Erm: Good job I'll have local company... :rolleyes:

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 10:53
Pinoy taxi drivers are WORSE than Thai,in Thailand if you catch a guy robbing you at least he has the decency to smile in embarrassement,I have had some great arguments in Pinas with Taxi drivers,Earlier this year I stayed in Century Park Hotel got a taxi in the morning to NAIA at the hotel the taxi driver agreed to put his meter on,within 5 minutes of leaving the hotel and heading for the airport he turned off his meter and said 600 pesos,I told him to stop and jumped out,I will never reward a robber and Manila has the worst Taxi drivers as you will see :icon_lol:My tip?Get out of Manila ASAP and jump a flight south,its the worlds second biggest archipelago,the people are a little different in the south,they have a different mentality from the typical manila cabbie,Davao has the best and most honest taxi,drivers,though Cebu also has decent ones.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 11:12
Pinoy taxi drivers are WORSE than Thai,in Thailand if you catch a guy robbing you at least he has the decency to smile in embarrassement,I have had some great arguments in Pinas with Taxi drivers,Earlier this year I stayed in Century Park Hotel got a taxi in the morning to NAIA at the hotel the taxi driver agreed to put his meter on,within 5 minutes of leaving the hotel and heading for the airport he turned off his meter and said 600 pesos,I told him to stop and jumped out,I will never reward a robber and Manila has the worst Taxi drivers as you will see :icon_lol:My tip?Get out of Manila ASAP and jump a flight south,its the worlds second biggest archipelago,the people are a little different in the south,they have a different mentality from the typical manila cabbie,Davao has the best and most honest taxi,drivers,though Cebu also has decent ones.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cool:xxgrinning--00xx3: Although I plan to see pretty much nothing of Manila. Getting the flight to Cebu about 5 hours after landing in Manila if I can help it:) I think my first taste of Filipino food will be the Jollibee at NAIA whilst waiting for my flight to Cebu...

Personally, I am not much of a haggler with locals when it comes to things like shirts and stuff. I don't mind paying "tourist prices" so long as I know it is going to help someone less fortunate than myself. As for the taxi drivers, I got ripped off only once in Thailand, had a few cabbies kick me out when they realised I was only paying the standard rate. One Thai cabbie collected foreign money on his ceiling, so I tipped him £5 for his collection:xxgrinning--00xx3: Otherwise I always tipped them up to 100 baht, so I rewarded honest drivers.. One driver demanded 400 baht to go to the airport! But it cost me 400 baht on a metered cab ride to the same hotel two weeks earlier, so his demand probably cost him money as I was planning on giving him 500 baht anyway:)

miss.piggy
2nd August 2009, 11:16

ahahaha...no Northerner...you wouldn't want to say these words! Tawi is being cheeky! :icon_lol::cwm24:

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 11:20
ahahaha...no Northerner...you wouldn't want to say these words! Tawi is being cheeky! :icon_lol::cwm24:

Ahh... I'll be careful what I say. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Sophie
2nd August 2009, 11:22

hahaha, northerner will be in big trouble, uncle tawi is being bad :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Anyway, if the taxi driver looks suspicious northerner, just tell him "SUBUKAN MO LANG AKONG NAKAWAN AT PAPATAYIN KITA" :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 11:30
hahaha, northerner will be in big trouble, uncle tawi is being bad :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Anyway, if the taxi driver looks suspicious northerner, just tell him "SUBUKAN MO LANG AKONG NAKAWAN AT PAPATAYIN KITA" :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

I'm getting Rizza to confirm these before I ask some taxi driver to drive me to Carcar city and back :D:D:D:Erm::)

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 11:37
Try to rob me and I will kill you? :Erm:

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 11:44
Carcar is about an hour or so south of Cebu,I always pass it when I take a road-trip from Cebu-Dumaguete :)

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 11:46
Try to rob me and I will kill you? :Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :Erm: Think that would leave me taking the bus :cwm24:

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 11:56
Thats the translation of what sophie has just told you to say :icon_lol: She is trying to tease you,your better off taking notice of me because I wouldnt fool you right :xxgrinning--00xx3: Say this to the taxi driver,smile as your saying it,wink at him,he will be your friend for life :xxgrinning--00xx3:ganahan ko sa maskoladong driver , mas malingaw ko sa ila:luv4: Buy yourself a decent visayan/english/tagalog dictionary when your there from National bookstore,if your really interested you can learn several words a day,your grammar will be rubbish like mine but at least your learning,and when you hear them speaking one day some parts of their conversation will be understandable :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
2nd August 2009, 13:02
Thats the translation of what sophie has just told you to say :icon_lol: She is trying to tease you,your better off taking notice of me because I wouldnt fool you right :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ok, if you say so uncle tawiwi :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
I just want him to scare off the driver, some sort of intimidation or bluff, hehehe....so the taxi driver feels he cannot outsmart him....:D:D:D:D

Say this to the taxi driver,smile as your saying it,wink at him,he will be your friend for life :xxgrinning--00xx3:ganahan ko sa maskoladong driver , mas malingaw ko sa ila:luv4:

translation please.....what does this sentence mean?:Erm::Erm: i only understood the "maskoladong driver"

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 13:26
Heres your translation Soph :xxgrinning--00xx3:mas gusto ko ng matipuno na drayber, naaliw ako sa kanila :luv4:

Sophie
2nd August 2009, 13:44
Heres your translation Soph :xxgrinning--00xx3:mas gusto ko ng matipuno na drayber, naaliw ako sa kanila :luv4:

Ay bayot, hehehehe, and the driver will say "AYYYYY, ME TOO, COME TO PAPA, GIVE ME A HUG" :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Bayot din pala ang driver, hehehehe :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
2nd August 2009, 13:59
I just want him to make friends as soon as he gets there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
2nd August 2009, 14:02

True :xxgrinning--00xx3: It would actually be a nice joke, to break the ice....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
And i think it would be funnier to use "macho" instead of matipuno......people there would always laugh at the macho term, hehehehe

Northerner
2nd August 2009, 15:18

The wrong kinds of friends, eh? :D:D:D:D:D:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::cwm24::cwm24:

keithAngel
2nd August 2009, 17:42
Ikaw kalimut sa bayad , pobre man ko

usefull when a large family trip to the resturant is suggested:icon_lol:

pennybarry
3rd August 2009, 10:30
Some good:

Mahal kita
Salamat
Walang ano man

Some bad:

Buang
puki-pie
bobo

Note:
I was not the one who taught him but his ex pinay GF:D

Here's the one he learned from me:

Some good:
Mahal na mahal kita
Maraming Salamat po
Sige po

Some bad:
Poging baboy
Utot mo mabaho!

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 10:59
Puki-pie :cwm24: Shame on you Penny,I didnt think you were like that :cwm24::icon_lol:

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 11:00
Teach him to say Puki-monay :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 11:02
Its street sland isnt it?The uk version is "Camel-toe" :NoNo: "Ang Laki ng monay mo" Teach him that,he will be happy as larry :icon_lol:

pennybarry
3rd August 2009, 11:05
Puki-pie :cwm24: Shame on you Penny,I didnt think you were like that :cwm24::icon_lol:

Excuse me Tawi, I was not the one who taught him. I was shocked when he mentioned that :icon_lol:

I don't want to teach him bad words as he learns so fast with bad words than good one.:doh

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 11:12
Tell him every morning when he wakes he has to stare deep into your eyes and say"penny, ikaw ang saysay ng buhay ko, bulaklak sa hardin ko, hanggang sa kamatayan"(hope thats correct:Erm:)tell him its the ideal way to start your day and much better than puki-pie :NoNo:

Florge
3rd August 2009, 11:14
Northerner,

A friendly advice: Always ask a second opinion when Tawi translates for you... ok? I want you to have a wonderful experience of Cebu and the Philippines as a whole.

Tawi,

Ibaligya kaya nato ni sa Northerner? LOL... pila kaya sya? LOL

pennybarry
3rd August 2009, 11:22
Tell him every morning when he wakes he has to stare deep into your eyes and say"penny, ikaw ang saysay ng buhay ko, bulaklak sa hardin ko, hanggang sa kamatayan"(hope thats correct:Erm:)tell him its the ideal way to start your day and much better than puki-pie :NoNo:

Opo, ituturo ko po! Maraming salamt po aking kaibigan.

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 11:23
barato lang paliton ang mga taga northerner:xxgrinning--00xx3:But he should always listen and take note of my translations,they are guaranteed to make his trip more "Interesting" :icon_lol:

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 11:24
Opo, ituturo ko po! Maraming salamt po aking kaibigan.

Your welcome Pen,I am sure its better than saying puki-pie,his last girlfriend sounds very "Classy" :NoNo:

pennybarry
3rd August 2009, 11:31
Your welcome Pen,I am sure its better than saying puki-pie,his last girlfriend sounds very "Classy" :NoNo:

I have not yet met her but she's living in London for 20 years when they met.:D

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 11:38
Really?Gimmee her address,she sounds my sort of woman :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
3rd August 2009, 20:04
Think I'll stick to the phrase book I'll buy at the airport:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Tawi2
3rd August 2009, 20:38
:icon_lol: The ones they sell at airports are sanitised compared to mine :icon_lol:They censor the most interesting words :NoNo:

Northerner
3rd August 2009, 21:00
:icon_lol: The ones they sell at airports are sanitised compared to mine :icon_lol:They censor the most interesting words :NoNo:

Well, if I want to hook up with some rough looking taxi drivers... :icon_lol: I'll let you know! :D

dontpushme
3rd August 2009, 21:01

Wow, that's so... so.... sugary sweet:D

pennybarry
4th August 2009, 08:31
Really?Gimmee her address,she sounds my sort of woman :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not sure if she's your sort of woman:icon_lol:
She's 10 years older than you, 3 times bigger than me:Rasp: