PDA

View Full Version : information please

stephen&grace
30th October 2006, 19:08
Hi to All

I am hoping and i do mean hoping to get a visitors visa for Grace for christmas.

But we hope her annulment will be finished sometime in January 2007. If this is fiinshed can we get married instead of her returning to the Philippines and applying for faincee visa for her to come back to get married.

Thanks for your replies before and all you help

IainBusby
30th October 2006, 19:36
Hi Stephen & Grace,
This used to be a big NO and also, even if you managed to get married ssomehow, as law stood before, your wife would still have to return to Phils and apply for a visa, but I beleive the government were challenged on this in courts recently and were forced to change the law, although I'm not exactly sure of the details of the change. I think your main problem will be getting a visitor visa for your girl.

I say this because I made an enquiry about this when my wife was going through a different legal process and they said that because the eventual aim was settlement in the UK, she would almost certainly be refused a visitor visa on the grounds that they thought it unlikely that she would return to Phils when her visa expired.
Iain.

misshope
30th October 2006, 21:20
Hi Stephen, Grace,
I'd would say, go for fiancee visa. Coz if shes granted the visa and decides to stay here before or after her visa expires, you'll always have the option to get married here. GOODLUCK!!!

Chrisirene
31st October 2006, 02:47
All Got the Point!!! :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
31st October 2006, 10:21
I'd would say, go for fiancee visa.

She can't apply for a fiancee visa, because she is not yet free to marry, she is still going through the annulment process.

we hope her annulment will be finished sometime in January 2007.

Iain.