PDA

View Full Version : For Filipinas newly arriving in the UK who want work

aposhark
26th July 2009, 15:19
Just some background information to help other Filipinas to get work when they arrive in the UK with their settlement (after marriage) visas in their passports and want to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wife signed on at some agencies, and one of them had work for people putting cd's and dvd's into boxes.
She was shown around the factory in Rugby and should get some shifts this week.
£6.25 per hour is not great but it's a start.

When you arrive in the UK and go looking for work.
You will need proof of address, so I suggest you should get your name on the council tax form and take that around with you.
Get a bank account also so you can tell the agencies where you want to be paid.
Go to the Jobcentre as soon as you arrive with your passport and the proof of address.
They will take down your details and you will receive your National Insurance Number one month later.
They will give you a letter to show that you have applied for your National Insurance Number. This is acceptable to show the agencies even before the number comes in the post..

Don't forget that work is hard to find in the UK at the moment.
It depends where you will live.

Best of luck.

Mrs.JMajor
26th July 2009, 16:01
Thanks for sharing that info Mike that helps lot to newbie in the UK. good for that 6.25 per hour ha

joebloggs
26th July 2009, 16:35
good for that 6.25 per hour ha

minimum rate is £5.73 an hour for an over 22yrs old mrsj. :D

its a start mr shark, every journey starts with the first step :rolleyes:

wachovia
26th July 2009, 16:39
£6.25/hour? That might not support someone with the bills and rent.

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 18:07
Thanks for sharing that info Mike that helps lot to newbie in the UK. good for that 6.25 per hour ha

She must be happy for 6.25/hr. I received basic from my first job. But happy now I'm receiving 7.0:D

Depends on how you control your finances. :D How you budget your earnings and how many hours per week:Rasp:

kimmi
26th July 2009, 18:14
Just some background information to help other Filipinas to get work when they arrive in the UK with their settlement (after marriage) visas in their passports and want to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wife signed on at some agencies, and one of them had work for people putting cd's and dvd's into boxes.
She was shown around the factory in Rugby and should get some shifts this week.
£6.25 per hour is not great but it's a start.

When you arrive in the UK and go looking for work.
You will need proof of address, so I suggest you should get your name on the council tax form and take that around with you.
Get a bank account also so you can tell the agencies where you want to be paid.
Go to the Jobcentre as soon as you arrive with your passport and the proof of address.
They will take down your details and you will receive your National Insurance Number one month later.
They will give you a letter to show that you have applied for your National Insurance Number. This is acceptable to show the agencies even before the number comes in the post..

Don't forget that work is hard to find in the UK at the moment.
It depends where you will live.

Best of luck.

thanks for sharing Mike..hope Rochelyn enjoys her job..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Depends on how you control your finances. :D How you budget your earnings and how many hours per week:Rasp:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I agree with you Ate Penny, my first job here in the UK I started at £5.73 and now it has increased to :rolleyes: it really depends on how you control ur finances, I am proud to say that I am helping now with the household expenses though hubby used to tell me I am not obligue to do that and can even send some for my family in the Phils:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Mrs.JMajor
26th July 2009, 19:08
minimum rate is £5.73 an hour for an over 22yrs old mrsj. :D

its a start mr shark, every journey starts with the first step :rolleyes:

Yeah, hubby told me so those teen ager I am managing at the moment aged 17 are just 3.50 :yikes::Erm: and i ask my hubby why they start like that, he said they still not 18 :yikes:

joebloggs
26th July 2009, 19:09

its mr sharks wife, not him, so shes supporting him, as he supports her :D

no problem getting ILR with both of them working. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
26th July 2009, 19:11

For english people, yes could be small for them but for a filipina who just started that was really such big help :BouncyHappy: knowing 5.73 is the minimum

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 19:32
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I agree with you Ate Penny, my first job here in the UK I started at £5.73 and now it has increased to :rolleyes: it really depends on how you control ur finances, I am proud to say that I am helping now with the household expenses though hubby used to tell me I am not obligue to do that and can even send some for my family in the Phils:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
I help too 30£/week:D to Mum. Hubby also said I give you independence to your money but save for us:icon_lol: I said if there's excess after sending pinas:Rasp:
But he must be lucky, We have our own already in Pinas which I bought when I was still single:xxgrinning--00xx3:

its mr sharks wife, not him, so shes supporting him, as he supports her :D

no problem getting ILR with both of them working. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I cannot support my hubby. He eats a lot:doh :icon_lol:

For english people, yes could be small for them but for a filipina who just started that was really such big help :BouncyHappy: knowing 5.73 is the minimum

Correct:BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
26th July 2009, 19:36
I used to know a pinay who worked in North Feltahm Trading Estate in West London,they were labelling and packing Marks and Spencers clothes,then boxing them.That lady was a machine,very fast,its was pricework most days she took home £80-£90,but I do know sometimes she was taking home £120 a day,much faster than the english ladies.

aposhark
26th July 2009, 20:20
its mr sharks wife, not him, so shes supporting him, as he supports her :D..........

I mentioned to Rochelyn that as she has such a nice figure, maybe she could do a bit of go-go dancing to make the bigger money :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

As she hates to dance and is quite a shy lady, I didn't get very far......

Well, except "Deeeeeeeeeeeear"
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

trader dave
26th July 2009, 20:53

thats true:Erm: but surely most british husbands pay the bills and if there wife works thats her money to do what ever she wants she earns it :doh

aug06_2006
26th July 2009, 21:13
tnx 4 sharing n congrats to her.

estherboaz
26th July 2009, 21:33
I mentioned to Rochelyn that as she has such a nice figure, maybe she could do a bit of go-go dancing to make the bigger money :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

As she hates to dance and is quite a shy lady, I didn't get very far......

Well, except "Deeeeeeeeeeeear"
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: my hubby told me that also and suggested to buy me a uniform in ann summers.:yikes:

joebloggs
26th July 2009, 22:30
maybe she could do a bit of go-go dancing to make the bigger money :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

well don't let her try being a doc, my misses been here more than 4yrs now, still not even earned 1p as a doc :NoNo:.. if she doesn't start earning soon, shes be with your misses go-go dancing :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
27th July 2009, 09:35
that`s a very helpful inful mike:)well done to your wife!

kenny
27th July 2009, 21:39
how long is it before allowed to work on fiance visa? is it after 6 months or after the marriage?
Thanks

darren-b
27th July 2009, 21:42
how long is it before allowed to work on fiance visa? is it after 6 months or after the marriage?
Thanks

Neither, it is after FLR has been granted (which you can't apply for until after the marriage)

kimmi
28th July 2009, 11:04
Thanks

after u get married she needs to apply for FLR(visa extension) and if its granted she can work without restrcitions..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
28th July 2009, 12:32
Thanks Mike...very helpful post:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kenny
28th July 2009, 18:02
after u get married she needs to apply for FLR(visa extension) and if its granted she can work without restrcitions..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Salamat Kimmi:xxgrinning--00xx3: and thanks aposhark as i sneaked a question in your thread

aposhark
28th July 2009, 18:05
Salamat Kimmi:xxgrinning--00xx3: and thanks aposhark as i sneaked a question in your thread

Seeing as though you are both dressed as green eco-warriors, no problemo :icon_lol:

kenny
28th July 2009, 19:57
Seeing as though you are both dressed as green eco-warriors, no problemo :icon_lol:

eco-warriors:icon_lol:hahaha
actually we did not both plan to dress together in green that day, we went out for a day trip and stayed out over night and the following day realised that we both had green tops:BouncyHappy: so Arls sister took our picture when we arrived back

wachovia
28th July 2009, 23:39
thats true:Erm: but surely most british husbands pay the bills and if there wife works thats her money to do what ever she wants she earns it :doh

Lucky them, it's just me here so there's no one to rely on.