PDA

View Full Version : How long before return

scott&ligaya
25th July 2009, 22:26
A Filipino mate of mines mother has a two year visit visa, she has just returned after 5 months, is there minimum time she needs to spend in the Phils before coming back to the UK? I suggested it might be six months but was not sure where I had heard/seen this or indeed if it was correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

joebloggs
26th July 2009, 03:54
immigration law states you cannot stay longer than 6 months in any one visit on a visit visa, thou not immigration law, but immigration policy your not suppose to stay in the UK more than 6 months in the last year on a visit visa. whether she will be allowed back in, if she has been in the UK more than 6 months in the last year will be upto the Immigration officer.

scott&ligaya
26th July 2009, 10:47
thanks Mod,
as I understand it his mum has just gone home after spending 5 months here (some family crisis) but she is keen to return. From what you say it looks like she will need to wait until January the start of her 2nd year. I will let Bong know.

LadyJ
26th July 2009, 23:00
A Filipino mate of mines mother has a two year visit visa, she has just returned after 5 months, is there minimum time she needs to spend in the Phils before coming back to the UK? I suggested it might be six months but was not sure where I had heard/seen this or indeed if it was correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

She can come back anytime as long she left/exit UK within 6 months:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
27th July 2009, 03:50
She can come back anytime as long she left/exit UK within 6 months:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's not strictly true, she could come back at any point but if she spends more than 6 months out of a 12 month period in the UK that may cause her problems with future visits/visas as it appears she is trying to live in the UK on visit visas.

joebloggs
27th July 2009, 18:55

:NoNo: