PDA

View Full Version : buko pandan

bryryb22
24th July 2009, 14:00
The well known buko pandan salad from the Philippines. http://www.cutest-baby-shower-ideas.com/images/buko-pandan-sweets-6606.jpg :)

this reminds me of summer in the pihippines. cant enjoy food feasts without it :Rasp:

Ingredients
8 leaves of Pandan - cleaned well
5 Buko (Coconut)not too hard, not too soft- Grated to strips
Water from 5 Buko (approx. 10 cups)
3 small cans of Nestle Cream
1 medium can of Condensed Milk
2 bars of Green Gulaman
1 3/4 Cups Sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
1 cup Kaong (optional)

Preparation

1. Boil buko water from 5 coconuts together with 8 pandan leaves that are individually twisted to break the fibers and expose the juice. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Before adding 2 bars of gulaman, make sure you remove the pandan leaves and check if the remaining coconut water is equal to 8 cups - 1 bar of gulaman is good for 4 cups of liquid. If it is not 8 cups, less will mean hard gulaman and more than 8 cups will result in mushy soft gulaman. Ensuring gulaman is well-dissolved stir well. Add sugar while mixing. Do this for 5 minutes.
3. Pour through a strainer into cooling trays. Wait till it cools and hardens, then put in fridge.
4. Meanwhile, mix the grated buko with the 3 cans of cream and 1 can of condensed milk.
5. Add kaong if you prefer.
6. Get gulaman from ref and cut into 1 cm cubes. Mix with buko mixture.

Enjoy !

eagles
24th July 2009, 14:47
i have a real buko pandan... have you tried it?. Its a buko ( coconut) from Matling Company ( the company is located at Malabang lanao del Sur) that taste pandan.. Pure one..

Luckily, I bought a seedling and plant it on my backyard. Hopefully 5 years time i will taste the real BUKo Pandan ( not the salad mixture of pandan leaves and the shredded buko)

Jay&Zobel
24th July 2009, 19:15
Oh wow! Thanks for this!