PDA

View Full Version : British detained in the Philippines

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 04:27
Hello everyone,

Im Charlene Taylor, wife of Kevin Taylor from Wiltshire UK. Im joing this site to seek help from the British community in the Philippines for my husband whose illegally arrested and detained more than 60 days now.

You may follow my site to know the story...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 04:37
To all foreigners living in the Philippines, be careful and not to be a victim of organised crime facilitated by CIDG. My husband kevin Taylor was illegally arrested and detained for more than two months now. These group of individuals who are same responsible in arresting my husband had arrested many foreigners in the Philippines and would charged you of anything they would think off if you will not give them millions.

You may read the full story of his arrest and ordeal at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 04:45
Dear Everyone,
I am Charlene Caballes, 30 years old and a mother of six young children a live-in partner of Kevin Taylor 43 years old and British National who is currently detained at San Mateo Municipal City Jail. I am writing this to ask help from anyone to assist us on my husband’s case as he was arrested illegally and being held for more than a month now. Kevin Taylor together with my three other staff were arrested last 15th of May at around 5:30 in the afternoon by the CIDG-TFAIR for alleged “Illegal Recruitment”. However, we are complaining as the said arrest was illegal. The CIDG conducted an entrapment operation at my office. The following are our argument for such entrapment:
“Pursuant to the 2008 Revised Manual for prosecutors of the Department of Justice, the first duty of the investigating inquest prosecutor is to first determine if the arrest of the detained person was made in accordance with paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of Section 5, Rule 113 of the Revised Rules on Criminal procedure which provided that the arrests without warrant maybe effected.”
a. When in the presence of the arresting officer, the person to be arrested has committed, is actually committing, or is attempting to commit an offense; or
b. When an offense has in fact just been committed, and the arresting officer has probable cause to believe, based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances, the person to be arrested has committed it; or
c. When the person to be arrested is a prisoner who has escaped from a penal establishment.
The Entrapment was facilitated by CIDG-TFAIR who have entered my office together with my previous client to which failed an English Test (TOEIC) which a part of our services to attain proper evaluation and assessment for their VISA application. The guy was insisting on paying for his retake to one of my secretary, but because he is not scheduled for such retake he was refused to pay his retake fee. He then went to my cashier and again insisted on paying the said fee, as then again he was refused. He dropped the money on the table and my secretary argued and picked the money to return to him. As soon as she picked the said cash, one of the agents from CIDG shouted that we are arrested. The guy who shouted was at my other secretary inquiring about our services. Due to this, my secretary went to my classroom in tears and have told me of the said problem. I went to the reception area where it happened and asked the officer why we are being arrested and also I asked for any WARRANT OF ARREST and Searched WARRANT. Instead of answering me he shouted and told me to sit together with my employees. They started taking things from our drawers and tables and have not showed any warrant to us. After this, my husband came in to the office and was surprised of what is happening. Together with our guard he asked why we are being panicking and the staff were crying. One of the officers told him also to shut up and sit with me. After an hour they brought us to Camp Crame. I was asking them why we have not seen any warrant and why we are being arrested. I even insisted on the fact that if there is a complaint against my office, since I am the owner, I should be invited for investigation and they should released my staff and especially Kevin and the guard as they were outside the office when the entrapment happened. No one bothered talking to me that night, one of the police said that we will be released soon after the investigation. I waited with my husband and my staff until 10:00 in the evening and we were told that there is no Fiscal available and we must be detained until the next day. Around 11:00PM I was told I must go home and not to worry about my husband and my staff. I do not want to leave that time as I knew that if I leave Kevin in there as he is a foreigner many abuses will happened. But they insisted to me that I should not worry and go home as I am heavily pregnant that time. Kevin also told me to go home. From then on I have not seen my husband any more. From the time I was sent home people had been asking money from me to pay out people, but then Kevin and I doesn’t have any money as it was to big besides we do not want to pay off people as we believe that we are innocent.
From Camp Crame, Kevin was transferred in San Mateo City Jail last June 19th. It is very difficult at that City Jail as I was told Kevin was placed together with 83 Filipino prisoners in a very small cell. He has to pay Ph 1,000 for a protection money and pay extra for the bed, used of toilet and bath, etc. Since he was transferred Kevin had been complaining of many HUMAN RIGHTS abuses against him. He is not allowed to contact his embassy nor receive a call from them. He is always threatened by guards and in mates. He is not allowed to have an exercise or even have a time to be out for sunlight. All his letters are read by guards.
Since May 15, I have sold everything from our house from furniture to appliances and even to curtains to get funds for the case and have money to pay lawyers. I have to pay people for Kevin’s protection at the detention center and now at the city jail. Kevin had been complaining about his medical condition many times but the guard said he is not allowed to see a doctor. He has suffered few weeks ago a mild heart attack due to all these. I have in contact with the embassy and FCO to assist him and check the details of his arrest as it is illegal. I repeatedly insisting on the Human Rights violations against Kevin, but we were told they cannot help him that much as their role is only limited. I am begging everyone to please do not let Kevin rot in jail as because no one had made any effort on checking the arrest and monitored a fair trial for him. I am asking people to have a heart for a man and a father to get a proper justice he deserves.
I know that my time is limited as I am due to be detained too. I knew I will be arrested soon as I was not able to produce the money that they were asking me. Help Kevin, help us please. I beg all of you to help us to fight for our rights.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bornatbirth
23rd July 2009, 08:52
im broke,so good luck!

KeithD
23rd July 2009, 09:44
A good Philippine lawyer and the British Embassy are the only ones who can help......unless you want us to start digging a tunnel :cwm24:

Florge
23rd July 2009, 10:36
it is best to contact the British Embassy yourself as I believe that there is a legal counsel available for their citizens.

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 11:10

LEAHnew
23rd July 2009, 11:25
To all foreigners living in the Philippines, be careful and not to be a victim of organised crime facilitated by CIDG. My husband kevin Taylor was illegally arrested and detained for more than two months now. These group of individuals who are same responsible in arresting my husband had arrested many foreigners in the Philippines and would charged you of anything they would think off if you will not give them millions.

You may read the full story of his arrest and ordeal at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:NoNo::NoNo: oh so sad to hear your story, I'm not sure if I can help:Erm:
I've been to SAn Mateo Rizal and stayed for a couple of years there (when i was studying College) reminds me about the SMR Municipal Hall as i rememebr it was located near the Plaza and the church coz my Aunt been working there but not anymore she was transfered at Provincial Capitol (Pasig) already, her late husband was a GOverment Official (BOard MEmber) and i knew some staff there (From office of the Mayor) but I'm not sure if they are still working there coz that was last 2000:Erm:

IF that will be ok, I'll be glad to help:)

it is best to contact the British Embassy yourself as I believe that there is a legal counsel available for their citizens.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 11:33

LEAHnew
23rd July 2009, 11:45
:Erm:can u sum up your husband case for easy to understand:Erm: :doh

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 11:45

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 11:48

LEAHnew
23rd July 2009, 11:50
oh tawi2 need to find my specs now:doh:D

vbkelly
23rd July 2009, 11:51
Hello everyone,

Im Charlene Taylor, wife of Kevin Taylor from Wiltshire UK. Im joing this site to seek help from the British community in the Philippines for my husband whose illegally arrested and detained more than 60 days now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what he done wrong why he had been arrested, whats the main reason ?

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 11:54

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 11:55
Have you phoned the NBI hotline?The NBI is independent from the criminal investigation and detection group,give them a call,outline your story,visit the Brit Embassy,they cant refuse a visit at Camp crame,if your running a recruitment business you already know this however,if your a recruitment owner dont you have to put up a cash bond of 2 million pesos or a similar sum in a holding account or escrow account before your POEA licence :Erm: what was or is the name of the company please?

i agree with tawi2, an escrow account is needed before your license is issued. what happened to your bond? i use to work in a recruitment agency and i have never encountered such situation before. i am also not sure about the procedures etc but i do hope you'll get over this soon. it must be pretty awful. i could ask around though

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 11:57
i agree with tawi2, an escrow account is needed before your license is issued. what happened to your bond? i use to work in a recruitment agency and i have never encountered such situation before. i am also not sure about the procedures etc but i do hope you'll get over this soon. it must be pretty awful. i could ask around though

oops, sorry. i didn't know that tawi2 has posted your situation. good luck and i hope you'll find the help you need.

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 12:01

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 12:13
Sorry aphrodite I just read this,its NOT a recruitment agency :Erm:

Taylors is not a RECRUITMENT AGENCY, we do not hire but instead we assist them in getting proper documentations needed to attain better employment opporunity abroad.

But I do know a "Talent trainer" who used to recruit girls for japan,train them to sing and dance :Erm:then pass them on to a legal recruiter in manila,but the talent-trainer was already commiting an offence as by training and promising them a job in Japan he could be construed as an illegal recruiter,its complex as you know :Erm: Didnt the lawyer immediately contact the british embassy as soon as a british national was arrested :Erm:

i agree with you there, they are all over. some talent-trainer or a "scout" also charge a fee in referring them to the recruitment agency and yes they should be prosecuted. i am just baffled with the situation. it is really complicated and didn't know that you could place/recruit and charge a fee and still you are not called a recruitment agency (maybe a consultancy agency?). it's really complicated :cwm3:

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 12:32

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 12:34
i agree with you there, they are all over. some talent-trainer or a "scout" also charge a fee in referring them to the recruitment agency and yes they should be prosecuted. i am just baffled with the situation. it is really complicated and didn't know that you could place/recruit and charge a fee and still you are not called a recruitment agency (maybe a consultancy agency?). it's really complicated :cwm3:

when i said prosecuted i didn't meant you charlene it's those who are promising job order but there isn't really one and still manage to charge a fee, i hope you get the help you need, it must be really hard and devastating specially you got kids. i am not in the position to give you an advice or judge you. i am sure you really wanted to help filipinos in securing better life by helping them to find a job in abroad. i hope you get thru this, the problem is our system in the philippines is really complicated and there is a lot of loop holes. :NoNo:

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 12:39

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 12:59
More than 400 aspiring Filipino migrants complained to authorities that they were fooled by a recruitment agency owned by a British national and his Filipino wife.

:Erm:

i didn't know that it was a lot. :Erm: thanks tawi2 for that.

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 13:02

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 13:09

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 13:24
she told me that they are charging her “applicants” 6T plus for the fees for the classes – preparation classes for the IELTS, TOEIC, etc.:Erm:
Are they a technical vocational school,a review centre?If so did they have a licence from the DECS or TESDA :Erm:

they call it review centre we use to run one but it is inside the recruitment agency so we called it an in-house review center as it is only provided for applicants who are being processed (with employment offer), it is free of charge and our foreign client pays for the trainers' wages etc, they didn't require us special license or accreditation for that. that was 5 years ago (gosh :doh i feel quite old saying that), not too sure now if you need to have an accreditation to run a review center. frankly speaking the fact there is money involved there should be a governing body responsible for overseeing it.

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 13:26

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 13:28

vbkelly
23rd July 2009, 13:35
so they are fake

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 13:39
So it must be a recruitment agency if it had a review center inside?

that's why i was really baffled and confused :Erm: though i am saying this based on my experience. some recruitment agencies got an in-house review centers. her firm does a lot and she said she got license, i don't know what license is that, it wasn't specified in her post or her story. does that license gives her firm a right to charge a fee?

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 13:46

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 14:09
If you have a licence your allowed to collect a fee,but to be honest if you have one complainant,two complainants,even ten complainants then it could just be minor things,but if you have FOUR HUNDRED complainants then something smells a little fishy :NoNo:Best analogy,get a jigsaw puzzle,its a mass of broken pieces,interlock them all you see a picture forming,slot in the last piece and everything falls into place,you see it in its entireity,a picture is forming :rolleyes: You do need a licence for any review centre :xxgrinning--00xx3: Theres many sections but I did an online check and you do need one

[EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 566]
September 08, 2006

DIRECTING THE COMMISSION ON HIGHER EDUCATION TO REGULATE THE ESTABLISHMENT AND OPERATION OF REVIEW CENTERS AND SIMILAR ENTITIES

WHEREAS, the State is mandated to protect the right of all citizens to quality education at all levels at all levels and shall take appropriate steps to make education accessible to all, pursuant to Section 1, Article XIV of the1987 Constitution;

WHEREAS, the State has the obligation to ensure and promote quality education through the proper supervision and regulation of the licensure examinations given through the various Boards of Examiners under the Professional Regulation Commission;

WHEREAS, the lack of regulatory framework for the establishment and operation of review centers and similar entities.......................etc :icon_lol:

thanks for the info tawi2, no wonder why i didn't know or not aware of this because it's like 5 (ish) years ago since i was last employed in a recruitment agency. way back that time it wasn't regulated. hmmm definitely there is another side of the story.

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 14:15

vbkelly
23rd July 2009, 14:19
I would be lying if I said I had never met an illegal recruiter,not that I am saying Mr & Mrs Taylor are engaged in such a despicable activity,but 400 individuals complaining?Lets just say theres no smoke without fire :Erm:The story was reported on ABS-CBN so somehow I cant see the british embassy staff being denied a visit :Erm: Moral of the story?Honesty is the best policy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

correct!

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 14:54
I would be lying if I said I had never met an illegal recruiter,not that I am saying Mr & Mrs Taylor are engaged in such a despicable activity,but 400 individuals complaining?Lets just say theres no smoke without fire :Erm:The story was reported on ABS-CBN so somehow I cant see the british embassy staff being denied a visit :Erm: Moral of the story?Honesty is the best policy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i totally agree. that's very well said.

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 15:24

Sophie
23rd July 2009, 15:34
Hello everyone,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello charlene, i'm sorry to hear about your situation now....
Anyway, as everyone said here already, seek help from the british embassy if they will accomodate you and get a good lawyer.......
best of luck to you both...

Mrs Daddy
23rd July 2009, 16:53
Hi charlene am sorry for what have you been through at this moment in time.Please dont lose hope and pray to God that things will get better soon.

scott&ligaya
23rd July 2009, 17:26
What sort of visa does your partner have? is there an underlying reason why the embassy seem dis-interested?

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 17:31

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 17:45
Have you phoned the NBI hotline?The NBI is independent from the criminal investigation and detection group,give them a call,outline your story,visit the Brit Embassy,they cant refuse a visit at Camp crame,if your running a recruitment business you already know this however,if your a recruitment owner dont you have to put up a cash bond of 2 million pesos or a similar sum in a holding account or escrow account before your POEA licence :Erm: what was or is the name of the company please?

Yeah, but honestly we are not a recruitment agency...we are only a consultancy. we do not hire people to be employed we just sort their visa

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 17:51
Consultancy agencies often are a cover or guise for illegal recruiters sadly aphrodite :NoNo: I found charlene selling her household goods on Sulit,why not just use the bond instead :Erm: There are a few indescrepancies in the story,charlene is your name Taylor or Caballes :Erm: theres always two sides to every story :Erm: Heres a link for legal aid in Pinas,good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://forums.gov.ph/thread.asp?rootID=120659&catID=23

Actually we do not have bond money as that is only for a recruitment agency...we only assist on the visa, even my company's money was taken by the police. all our accounts were confiscated then the next day all atm accounts were emptied also

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 17:58
It is one or two isnt it :Erm:like I said,always more than one side to any story,you just got to look a little harder for the other side sometimes :rolleyes:

I am the sister of CHARLENE TAYLOR, one of those being accused for large scale illegal recruitment. I would like to point out that there are some unverified “facts” from this report, and being a journalist myself, I find this very disturbing and unfair on my family, especially on my sister who is due to deliver her baby anytime this week. When I came home on February 2009, I came to visit her “new office and new business” in San Mateo, Rizal. Based on my queries with my sister, she put up the “business” late last year only (last quarter of the year), and you could further check this by obtaining a copy of her business license, which also happens to be posted in their office in Banaba, San Mateo, Rizal. Thus, to say that the “victims” have paid her one year ago, is an outright lie.
Also, from my queries with my sister, she told me that they are charging her “applicants” 6T plus for the fees for the classes – preparation classes for the IELTS, TOEIC, etc. Both my sister and my brother-in-law, Kevin Taylor, also conduct the classes. She further told me that they are not charging any placement fees, since as I have reiterated to her before, there is no way she could charge such fees since her business is NOT A RECRUITMENT AGENCY. I am an OFW myself, and I believe that it is a great crime to do illegal recruitment. I have vehemently expressed this sentiment to my sister during my vacation in February, and she explained to me the nature of her business. Honestly, I do not know the extent of the applicants’ complaints: n time, and if they are indeed illegal recruiters, I don’t see any point why they do not need to charge for placement fees and pay the government with taxes monthly. If it is indeed true that Ms. Marie came out to help the victims, then how come she spent few more months in the office and gained from her position? She is my sister’s immediate assistant and she knows a lot on the nature of the business. In fact, she often oversees and covers for my sister whenever my ate is out of town. How come that she suddenly became the victim’s ally now? If Ms. Marie could recall, in February 2009, my sister had some issues with one of her agents, who “recruited” some people and charged them around 10T, without my sister knowing it. My sister filed a complaint on that person and............................so it goes on :ARsurrender:

Actually that is why we also complained against the ABSCBN as they were saying we have 400 applicants wnd that we already existed a year now I got a permit as well from the TESDA about my review center and we are Afflitialed with Hopkins International for the TOEIC test. Imagine all the permits I got are legitimate

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 18:10
So it must be a recruitment agency if it had a review center inside?

Its not a recruitment agency, we sort the visa for filipinos who are applying work visa, one of the requirements is that you must be a passer of IELTS or TOEIC. Since Kevin and I are teachers and most of our clients are in a limited budget we coordinated with Hopkins so the fees will be discounted. Hopkins International and the British Counsil are ligitimate Test centers and we are affiliates with them. We are the one paying half of their charges so that we can help our clients with their fees. Not because you review them for free to take the ENGLISH test in a Legitimate testing centers...you are a recruitment agency. Those who were interviewed by the ABSCBN even got their refunds few weeks before they planned to blackmail us. We give then refunds if they failed the test as no way we can help them. You can visit our website to know how we operate and what we do for the clients. All those who complained got their money already. Now that the arraignment is near only two complaints were left as the others already back out and signed an affidavit infront of the fiscal stating that what they said on their complaints isnt true. If WE ARE ILLEGAL RECRUITERS how was it I only charge my clients less than 10K and it is even a refundable. I have all my BIR permits, and all necessary permits that can be used and needed to operate a business. Now that there is no complainants left the case should be dismissed but why it is not yet? If we are illegal recruiters why do I have refunds...if im a recruitment agency by providing ENGLISH REVIEW CENTER does it mean all other REVIEW CENTERS in the Philippines are as well recruitment?

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 18:27
Our fees is only for processing, we do not charge placement fee as we dont employ people. A processing fee is allowed for a consultancy like ours. We charge them P8000 plus 12 % as we are VAT registered by the BIR. These processing fee is used for the services we offered. We have a refund policy it means that when you failed the required exam that the embassy requires you to take we return the money as we cannot help them since we are for the VISA application and the LMO approval that needs QUALIFIED applicants. Having a review center for an English examination does not qualify you to be a recruitement agency. We have permits to be a review center...being a consultancy we must facilitate with all the requirement in attaining proper visa and one of that is IELTS/TOEIC. We applied for a review center permit in able for us to minimise the fees that they will be paying out side. If you would check the review centers on how much they are charging that would cost them 20K but with us we made it less than 10K and that even includes their exam. Those who were interviewed by the ABSCBN are those who got their money back . Why they need to complain? Its because as soon as the client fails their test I have to return their money and we cannot assist them any longer. The two former employees are those who are facing a charge of QUALIFIED THIEFT as before they made these things MAY4 they were asked to explain why they are stealing money from the office. The entrapment happened May 15, if they think we are recruitment agency they should have resigned before why only after they were questioned on the Financial anomaly? It is sad that its very easy to judged me when in fact I have stated all the facts and even they cannot prove that we are recruiting. If they are legitimate complainants why they need to lie that we are more than a year now when in fact we only started late September.

About the arrest, well a warrantless arrest must be ONLY applicable to those who were at the area of the entrapment. Kevin and I were not there. Lastly, the court recognised only 3 complainants, but then they already signed for affidavit of desistance two weeks ago. but why the case is not yet dismissed?

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 18:39

im sorry BUT WE DO NOT HAVE 400 COMPLAINANTS. honestly, you visit our site you could see that 370 of our clients gave their statements infront of the fiscal that WE NEVER DID PROMISE THEM A JOB! ENTRAPMENT HAPPENED MAY 15 5:30 pm, ABSCBN was with the two former employee that night. that was friday and no fiscal nor even a court to give verdict. How would a NEWS network telivised an case in which that time WE ARE NOT EVEN CHARGED until this day WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ARRAINMENT YET would TAGGED KEVIN AS "BRITON ARRESTADO SA ILLEGAL RECRUITMENT". tHEY SHOULD HAVE MADE THEIR STATEMENT ON FAIRNESS. AS A NEWS THEY SHOULD HAVE INTERVIEWED BOTH SIDES. THEY DIDNT EVEN GOT MY NAMe CORRECTLY! IT IS BECAUSE CIDG TFAIR IS commitioned by NOLI DE CASTRO WHO IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENCY, of course magandang news na foreigner nahuli ng task force nya, diba!

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 18:42

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 18:42
Charlene,what was the outcome of the BBC interview you gave?:Erm:

how did you knew that?

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 18:43

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 18:44

joebloggs
23rd July 2009, 18:44
maybe these can help you..

http://www.fairtrials.net/

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 18:46
If the court only recognised 3 complainants what happened to the other 397:Erm: Are you actually married to Kevin because you describe yourself as his live-in partner in one entry,and his wife Mrs Taylor in another :Erm: I actually have a contact in Camp Crame,I just e-mailed them,they probably cant shed light on the situation as I dont know their capacity,worth a shot I guess :Erm: If your not a recruiter why post this advert :Erm: Just for maids to work in Pinas?

ALL-AROUND MAIDS WANTED

STAY IN. WITH EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH CHILDREN, HARDWORKING.

MUST HAVE REFERENCES NBI AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE.

TO START STRAIGHT AWAY.

CALL IN-TO TAYLORS OFFICE OR PHONE 7034878 OR TEXT 09159749708

why? i need maid for my children so we post that. are we not allowed to look for maids? does it mean of i look for maids for myself im already doing recruitment? anyway thanks for thinking that i am a recruiter! its very fair of you

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 18:47

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 18:48

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 18:52
why? i need maid for my children so we post that. are we not allowed to look for maids? does it mean of i look for maids for myself im already doing recruitment? anyway thanks for thinking that i am a recruiter! its very fair of you

its 3 because those are only heresy when ABSCBN REPORTED 400. THEY MUST SHOW EVIDENCE THAT THERE WERE 400 COMPLAINANTS. Now, let me use again your WORDS HONESTLY IS THE BEST POLICY. We are not afraid being jailed, but what I am afraid off that due process is not given to us. its good that you have a friend from camp crame because they are not even allowed now to comment on the case as i filed already a case against the task force

miss.piggy
23rd July 2009, 18:55
im sorry BUT WE DO NOT HAVE 400 COMPLAINANTS. honestly, you visit our site you could see that 370 of our clients gave their statements infront of the fiscal that WE NEVER DID PROMISE THEM A JOB! ENTRAPMENT HAPPENED MAY 15 5:30 pm, ABSCBN was with the two former employee that night. that was friday and no fiscal nor even a court to give verdict. How would a NEWS network telivised an case in which that time WE ARE NOT EVEN CHARGED until this day WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ARRAINMENT YET would TAGGED KEVIN AS "BRITON ARRESTADO SA ILLEGAL RECRUITMENT". tHEY SHOULD HAVE MADE THEIR STATEMENT ON FAIRNESS. AS A NEWS THEY SHOULD HAVE INTERVIEWED BOTH SIDES. THEY DIDNT EVEN GOT MY NAMe CORRECTLY! IT IS BECAUSE CIDG TFAIR IS commitioned by NOLI DE CASTRO WHO IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENCY, of course magandang news na foreigner nahuli ng task force nya, diba!
Charlene, I was reading this thread since this morning, and as I said, I truly sympathise with you. Perhaps the guys here are just trying to disect the issue, as they don't want to be bias, but I tell you, they are most helpful when it comes to advices.

Moving forward, I know a case where the british embassy seem not to be interested with any cases involving their nationals. But believe me, they are watching and overseeing your case even without you knowing. There are laws governing the Philippines that they have to respect, thus they are being careful. Since this case has already been divulged by media, why don't you use this means as well to clear things up. I know it would be difficult for you considering you're highly pregnant, but you have to be strong. Only you can relay your side of the story.

I do sympathise with you. Again be strong.

pennybarry
23rd July 2009, 19:00
Our fees is only for processing, we do not charge placement fee as we dont employ people. A processing fee is allowed for a consultancy like ours. We charge them P8000 plus 12 % as we are VAT registered by the BIR. These processing fee is used for the services we offered. We have a refund policy it means that when you failed the required exam that the embassy requires you to take we return the money as we cannot help them since we are for the VISA application and the LMO approval that needs QUALIFIED applicants. Having a review center for an English examination does not qualify you to be a recruitement agency. We have permits to be a review center...being a consultancy we must facilitate with all the requirement in attaining proper visa and one of that is IELTS/TOEIC. We applied for a review center permit in able for us to minimise the fees that they will be paying out side. If you would check the review centers on how much they are charging that would cost them 20K but with us we made it less than 10K and that even includes their exam. Those who were interviewed by the ABSCBN are those who got their money back . Why they need to complain? Its because as soon as the client fails their test I have to return their money and we cannot assist them any longer. The two former employees are those who are facing a charge of QUALIFIED THIEFT as before they made these things MAY4 they were asked to explain why they are stealing money from the office. The entrapment happened May 15, if they think we are recruitment agency they should have resigned before why only after they were questioned on the Financial anomaly? It is sad that its very easy to judged me when in fact I have stated all the facts and even they cannot prove that we are recruiting. If they are legitimate complainants why they need to lie that we are more than a year now when in fact we only started late September.

About the arrest, well a warrantless arrest must be ONLY applicable to those who were at the area of the entrapment. Kevin and I were not there. Lastly, the court recognised only 3 complainants, but then they already signed for affidavit of desistance two weeks ago. but why the case is not yet dismissed?

Philippines authorities will only arrest you if there are complainants.
You are not accredited to POEA and not authorized to collect money from applicants if no evidence that they can work abroad. Even Recruitment Agencies accredited to POEA are not authorized to collect money from applicants until they have shown some docs like Job Orders certified by POEA.
I just don't know why agencies wanted to have their money first. I pity those applicants who sold their land, properties and even their carabaos for the promise of job contract abroad:D:NoNo: I am not in favor of Refund policy as if they have already sold their property and you refund back the money, then what will gonna happen? It will be impossible to buy your property back.:doh

Tawi2
23rd July 2009, 19:02

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 19:03
tawi2 how did you knew i was interviewd by bbc? anyway soon, these will be put in an international media which before they aired they investigate and study the facts. Actually it is not only bbc who interviewed me, but other UK newspapers who will soon publicised it so the people would see the truth. To know whose the victim or not. I might be detained on the 29th by the way as I will volunteer myself inside because since i was released by CIDG, i found out that i do not have any arrest records...Why is that? Isnt it I shold be the one detained instead of my staff if we are really doing wrong? Or maybe I was let out to sort the money. Even the BJMP cannot understand why I was not committed by CIDG to them, everyone knows how CIDG works...look at TED FAILON..Visit the PNP CUSTODIAL CENTER and YU WILL SEE HOW many FOREIGNERS ARE BEING HELD everyday and detained until the CIDG stablised a case against them. I myself doest believe in illegal recruiters...but then i never realised that i will be accussed as one. i just HOPE THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT SOON. AND AGAIN, WHEN THERE IS NO COMPLAINANTS...THE CASE MUST BE DISMISSED, WHY DONT WE?

miss.piggy
23rd July 2009, 19:10
Correct Miss P,when you buy a book you dont just read the preface,you dig into the entire story:) I have been locked up abroad,albeit not for a decent length of time,ignorance of local firearm regulations :icon_lol: the consul have their hands tied in how far they will go for you................

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/when-things-go-wrong/help-if-you-are-arrested-or
That's a very good link Tawi. (And how long have you been detained????!!!)

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 19:12
Philippines authorities will only arrest you if there are complainants.
You are not accredited to POEA and not authorized to collect money from applicants if no evidence that they can work abroad. Even Recruitment Agencies accredited to POEA are not authorized to collect money from applicants until they have shown some docs like Job Orders certified by POEA.
I just don't know why agencies wanted to have their money first. I pity those applicants who sold their land, properties and even their carabaos for the promise of job contract abroad:D:NoNo: I am not in favor of Refund policy as if they have already sold their property and you refund back the money, then what will gonna happen? It will be impossible to buy your property back.:doh

POEA ACCREDITED AGENCIES are those who are RECRUITMENT or MANPOWER AGENCIES. These are agencies which are required by the law to accredit them with the poea as they facilitates EMPLOYMENT AND RECRUITMENT. A CONSULTANCY DOEST FACILITATE EMPLOYMENT AND WE ARE NOT EVEN REQUIRED TO GET POEA ACCREDITATION...IF WE DID ACCREDITED THAT WOULD ONLY PROVES WE ARE RECRUITING. WE DO NOT CHARGE PLACEMENTS...SO THEY DO NOT NEED TO SELL THEIR CARABAOS...A RECRUITMENT AGENCY IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM CONSULTANCY

pennybarry
23rd July 2009, 19:32
POEA ACCREDITED AGENCIES are those who are RECRUITMENT or MANPOWER AGENCIES. These are agencies which are required by the law to accredit them with the poea as they facilitates EMPLOYMENT AND RECRUITMENT. A CONSULTANCY DOEST FACILITATE EMPLOYMENT AND WE ARE NOT EVEN REQUIRED TO GET POEA ACCREDITATION...IF WE DID ACCREDITED THAT WOULD ONLY PROVES WE ARE RECRUITING. WE DO NOT CHARGE PLACEMENTS...SO THEY DO NOT NEED TO SELL THEIR CARABAOS...A RECRUITMENT AGENCY IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM CONSULTANCY

Yes I know the difference between them. The only thing they do the same is when it comes to collecting money from applicants which I think is wrong and I'm not in favour of it. This is always the start of every trouble. If you accept the money, applicants will assume for the success of their applications.

If Recruitment agencies and Consultancy agencies will not collect money until they passed everything (exam,medical,etc.) then there will have no problem at all. Even processing fee, and other fees that you are willing to refund is not good enough for applicants.

Some agencies, in-order to stop their continued arrests by authorities, they just returned the money and some applicants are satisfied for that. But some applicants who sold properties and for some other reasons, they don't stop complaining until the office closed by the authorities.

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 19:40
Honestly that is a very good idea, however in reality we cannot do that as there are many things to consider in a business...over head expenses, taxes, etc. If you do not charge them as you accepted the service how those things will be possible? Same as you go to school...you cant study now and pay after you got your diploma...

aromulus
23rd July 2009, 19:42
There has been a fair amount of pre-judging so far...:NoNo:

I approved and merged the various posts because I felt that we, at the forum, could be able to give a little moral support if anything else....

What I have been reading has also been short of critical to say the least.....

It would be nice to weigh up all the facts before jumping to conclusions...

pennybarry
23rd July 2009, 19:56
Honestly that is a very good idea, however in reality we cannot do that as there are many things to consider in a business...over head expenses, taxes, etc. If you do not charge them as you accepted the service how those things will be possible? Same as you go to school...you cant study now and pay after you got your diploma...

Very true! That is the most hard part of business. I have friend who owned a travel agency and other one who owns Recruitment agency. I worked with them and to be honest, they have bonds when they established their business. They cannot establish it if they have no bonds and big capital. I am not sure if Consultancy agency needs to have bonds nor big capital to engage in that business. If you need to know more about recruitment and travel business, I can share you her email add. You can get much advises from them. Your business are similar in some areas.

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 19:56

I approved and merged the various posts because I felt that we, at the forum, could be able to give a little moral support if anything else....

Thank you very much for allowing me post here, all I wanted is to seek help from a community in which Kevin and I supposedly belong. I know that the case is very complicated and as Kevin and I are the accussed we have to face criticism and judgement. I may have alot of things to say or explain by I guess I will reserve it in court. Right now, all I want is that to help me pray and be strong for the next coming days to come. Not for myself, but to Kevin and my six little children. I enjoyed visiting here and I've learned alot.

Just please give me your prayers that what ever happens on the 29th...I can still see my children. This is a very complicated story and sometimes difficult to explain, as I know on my honest heart I will need to volunteer myself to be detained. By this maybe, I can show to many who have judged us that our sincere honestly and innocence will soon be out.

To my six little children who may not understand all these, I only hope that someday they will have a good heart to forgive those who wronged us. Losing all the material things we is nothing for me at all...but losing our dignity and values that Kevin and I worked hard for-for the sake of our children has been destroyed already by the media and those who have judged us. But then I know the Lord believes and see the truth.

Thank you

Sophie
23rd July 2009, 20:37
Right now, all I want is that to help me pray and be strong for the next coming days to come. Not for myself, but to Kevin and my six little children. I enjoyed visiting here and I've learned alot.

Just please give me your prayers that what ever happens on the 29th...I can still see my children. This is a very complicated story and sometimes difficult to explain, as I know on my honest heart I will need to volunteer myself to be detained. By this maybe, I can show to many who have judged us that our sincere honestly and innocence will soon be out.

To my six little children who may not understand all these, I only hope that someday they will have a good heart to forgive those who wronged us. Losing all the material things we is nothing for me at all...but losing our dignity and values that Kevin and I worked hard for-for the sake of our children has been destroyed already by the media and those who have judged us. But then I know the Lord believes and see the truth.

Thank you

We hear you charlene.......and you have our prayers........
just be strong.......and may god be with you on your battle......

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 20:46
This is what the updates about the case
Kevin, and I together with my other three employees are facing charges of Syndicated Illegal Recruitment. In the Philippines, this is a non bailable offense as the number of the accused are more than three. Honestly, we are not arraigned yet nor have read to us the charges that they are saying against my company.

I do not know why it has been more than two months now but no trial is scheduled yet. All we know is that last May 15th an entrapment was facilitated at my office at around 5:30 in the afternoon. As we all know we are not even a recruitment agency. All my permits from the government are for consultancy. That is why I registered my company’s name as TAYLOR’S VISA AND TRAVEL CONSULTANCY. We do help Filipinos with their VISA and helping them to attain the proper certifications they need if their intention is attaining work visa from different countries. We never promised them employment as we cannot, instead we do visa assestment and training for those who will be taking an English examination to pass on of the required test by most countries. These exams are IELTS and TOEIC, which is very important for a Filipino to take in able to attain the proper visa they wanted. However, because these exam are not made by my company but instead they must take it to illegitimate testing centers such as the HOPKINS International (TOEIC and the British Council for the IELTS), we only teach them and review for the preperation of such exams. Inspite of this…we were accused of Illegal Recruitment!

Few days ago, the one who handed the money for my cashier contacted me and made his confession. He back out as a complainant as he was sorry about what he had done. He said he realised that by doing that he will be accountable by the law to soon say what is the truth and he was so afraid that he will be charged of “contempt” as he has no evidence nor cannot prove that we do illegal recruitment. It was a shacked for me when he narrated what happened prior to the entrapment.

Richard Quizon’s Testimony: (Signed infront of the lawyer and was notarized)

1. At around 2:00 in the afternoon May 15th he got a texted from Ms. Rosemarie Jimenez (my former employee) that she want to meet him near my office to discuss a very important matter. When he arrived he was told to that we are illegal recruiters and he must file a complaint against us for him to get money as she said Kevin and I have 3 million pesos. A part of it will be given to him as his share if he will be filing a complaint. On his confussion he asked her what should he do? He knows that he cannot continue his processing with my company as he failed the TOEIC test (upon failing the such exam, I automatically send them letter about the option of getting a refund from the processing fee that he paid to avail our services that is the P8,000 plus a 12% VAT/tax, if the client opted to refund he will get 80% of his payment; if he preferred to continue he must be re-evaluated without any cost and will be subjected for a retake. But this said retake is upon approval depending on the evaluation of the score). Rosemarie encourange him just to file a complaint so he can get a better share with the money that she told him we got. He was introduced to one of the CIDG officer and instructed him to pay his retake at the office.

He was handed a P200 bill and instructed that soon as he arrives at the office he needs to hand the money to my cashier. But then because he hasnt been evaluated yet. When he arrived at the office his payment was refused by Mary Grace. He was so afraid at the moment as he knew our policy. Several times he wanted to just leave but then the arresting officer who was with him kept on looking at him waiting for him to give the money to my cashier. Because he was so scared instead on handling the money he dropped it on my cashier’s table. Mary Garce picked it up and returned to him. As soon as she picked the money, then the officer shouted already that we are arrested! Richard even ran outside the office after that.

On the affidavits that the CIDG provided to the fiscal during the inquest, its was said that Richard made his complaint May 13th, which Richard denied and told us that after we had been arrested and was brought to the detention that night thats the only time he signed a file in the blank form affidavit. He didnt even noticed the date. Same as the other complainants, they were just texted by Rosemarie that evening after the arrest..stating the same promise to Richard as if they will complain they will get money there and then.

How funny the system here, isnt it! Imagine, these people are arresting individuals without prior investigating. This should not be like that. The lawyers have been telling me that what happened should not be allowed by the law. An entrapment is only facilitated if the crime is obvious and complainants must have been at their office days prior to planning of the entrapment. How cruel the law it will be and very unfair as anyone can just plan an entrapment for anybody just for the sake on giving you charges. Kevin and I wasn’t even at the room when that happened and the money was not even accepted by my cashier…instead it was forced to her and was dropped at her table waiting for her to picked it. No video was even provided by the Task Force to the court. Only proves that what they did is black mail instead of entrapment.

As you read this you can realise by your own judgement if the arrest was legal or not. I hope that through this blog, I can get people from other countries to help Kevin, my staff and I get the justice we deserved.

miss.piggy
23rd July 2009, 20:51
Hi Charlene, me again. I've read your last post and I'd say it's favourable to you. This is the sort of things you need to prove your case, and hopefully you get loads more to strengthen your case.

You mentioned the law is cruel -- no it isn't. The law is supposed to protect us, and that's why it's there. It isn't the law which fails, it's the people implementing it. Don't loose your hope, as this same law can set you and Kevin free. Just hold on to what you believe is right, let the truth be released, and justice will prevail.

Again, be strong. Lots of people here are praying for you.

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 20:53
Thank you sophie...all I have now with me is prayers that things will be alright and that my children will not be taken by the DSWD and subject for adoption if I will be detained on the 29th. It is sad to think all these. I really pray that God will really help me with the truth and that there will be a fair trial for us

miss.piggy
23rd July 2009, 20:57
If you know by now that you'll have to be detained on the 29th, seek help from your parents and ask them to accomodate your children. Eitherway, I'm sure DSWD won't send your children for adoption just like that. Gather yourself and think ahead when it comes to your children's welfare.

britishdetained
23rd July 2009, 21:18
If you know by now that you'll have to be detained on the 29th, seek help from your parents and ask them to accomodate your children. Eitherway, I'm sure DSWD won't send your children for adoption just like that. Gather yourself and think ahead when it comes to your children's welfare.

Honestly, my dad isnt here. We went back to work abroad to help me with the legal fees same as my sisters. Dont have much family left here. I was told already by the DSWD few weeks ago about this as already used all my last penny for the case. same reason as I have sold everything I got and just asked my sister to accomodate me and my children in her house. DSWD was concerned few weeks ago that I cannot feed any longer my children. but i told them that as soon as im here I will not allow anyone to get anyone of them. But they said that once I am detained they have no choice but to get the children under their custody. These is one of the reasons why I have been looking for british communities as I want to ask why the British gov cannot protect their nationals in crisis like these. We were victimised already and we even had our trial yet, I have lost everything we own and now mmy children. I dont know what else will happen really. All im hoping is that the truth will come out so even Kevin and I has to start from nothing so long we are all together. Is this what I am repaid for helping people?

miss.piggy
23rd July 2009, 21:28
Charlene, I don't know much about DSWD's procedure, but logic tells me that they should not send your kids for adoption unless you and Kevin are found guilty. To have your children under their custody is ofcourse different. It is so sad specially that there are kids involved.

The Embassy, as I said on my previous post, is surely overseeing your case. You may not know it, but they could be there at the background. The Embassy is a separate entity, and just outside is the Philippines with its governing laws.

Have you given the embassy enough details, ie. contact details of Kevin's family in the UK? They may be able to support you emotionally and financially for the time being?

aphrodite78
23rd July 2009, 21:31
If Recruitment agencies and Consultancy agencies will not collect money until they passed everything (exam,medical,etc.) then there will have no problem at all. Even processing fee, and other fees that you are willing to refund is not good enough for applicants.

that's why agencies should only charge when the applicants pass the test specially their medical. processing fee etc is payable as soon as they pass the test. they are allowed to charge equivalent to one months salary anything more than that is illegal. there are agencies that doesn't charge a single centavo, the cost(s) is billed to the employer but your qualification must be really good.

like what i said i only based my opinion from my previous experience. like what other members are saying 400 applicants accusing your firm is a lot to be honest. i'm sure the truth will come out and when it does i hope whoever is lying get what they deserve. why don't you also use the media? show the proofs etc i'm sure they will listen. remember the saying "innocent until proven guilty". i hope you get all the help you can get.

Sophie
23rd July 2009, 22:16
Hi Charlene, me again. I've read your last post and I'd say it's favourable to you. This is the sort of things you need to prove your case, and hopefully you get loads more to strengthen your case.

You mentioned the law is cruel -- no it isn't. The law is supposed to protect us, and that's why it's there. It isn't the law which fails, it's the people implementing it. Don't loose your hope, as this same law can set you and Kevin free. Just hold on to what you believe is right, let the truth be released, and justice will prevail.

I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: Very well said olivia :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
23rd July 2009, 22:19
Charlene, I don't know much about DSWD's procedure, but logic tells me that they should not send your kids for adoption unless you and Kevin are found guilty. To have your children under their custody is ofcourse different. It is so sad specially that there are kids involved.

The Embassy, as I said on my previous post, is surely overseeing your case. You may not know it, but they could be there at the background. The Embassy is a separate entity, and just outside is the Philippines with its governing laws.

Have you given the embassy enough details, ie. contact details of Kevin's family in the UK? They may be able to support you emotionally and financially for the time being?

Again, i agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: and yeah it would be best to have any form of support from your husband's side of the family........

Arturo
24th July 2009, 02:11
I would have thought the UK Embassy, when informed would at least register a complaint and send in a junior to check the status.

If she thinks she is having a bad time getting answers...try getting PAL to reply to emails about open ended flight tickets!

Is this woman for real - do these things really happen in PI or is this just another ...I need money for rice - my kids need food ....scam only on a slightly more elaborate scale?

Am I being stupid and gullible? ( again)

:doh

eagles
24th July 2009, 02:24
charlene , i emphatize with you. however, i suggest that you Don't give any money to the Police or any person trying to exact money from you in the guise of helping your case.

Members of this forum had given you links to where you can possibly get some support.

In the meantime , hold on... I hope your family and kevin's family will offer you support ( charity begins at Home)

While i am writing this, my friend here in davao is reading too.. She will try to find out all about this case being with the police force.

Arturo
24th July 2009, 02:46

I just made a post asking if these things happen or could it be a scam.
I do tend to share being a bit gullible with hardships situation, especially when kids are involved - and somewhat cynical about situations where I have no knowledge.

However, a few months ago my lady in Manila advised me that her friend had paid about P70,000 and more expected later, to an agent at jobs overseas expo. They claimed to be able to get her work in UK hotels. I could not see the Hilton or the Ritz etc, dealing with type of stuff - but who knows.

Eventually they told her that a London Agency XXXXXXX would be dealing with her UK employment.
I got the details, looked it upon the Internet and sent them some emails.
Complete scam, they did not do that sort of "client work". and the hotel replied to say they do not employ anybody without being interviewed and cleared by their own HR offices.

I copied all the emails and details and sent them to Ella and her friend.
Eventually the "agency" sorted things out ( badly ) rather than pay a full refund. The friends daughter is now actually "working" in a small hotel in Scotland, doing about 8 hours a week!

The posts on this thread do mostly seem a bit cynical and I dont know or understand how these so called agencies operate. It seems the taking of money was the crucial factor.. which indicates to me an illegal operation as a legitmate agency will be allowed to take deposits I would assume.

Ironic that in the UK - you can have your car busted open or your house robbed and if when you call the police, they have a total lack of interest.
I was advised simply to call into the station to report the crime and get a "crime number" needed by the insurance!

Arturo
24th July 2009, 03:14

Actually, yes in some cases that is possible, but mostly its by deposit and pay as you go! I can confirm, having put my youngest through university and paid the course fee's and accomodation fee's periodiclly as required by her progression.

I dont know about PI, but in the UK and most other places, a business will need to have cash or credit with the banks. Its illegal to operate a business which is not solvent, ie enough cash, credit or reserves to over its overheads / creditors. The theory is you can stop the business anytime, pay everbody owed money and tak ewahts left after taxes.

There are business's which supply goods and or services and some take deposits. These are supposed to be kept separate from the funds used to keep the business running - to cover refunds or cancellations.

Its all about accountability.

eagles
24th July 2009, 03:18
:xxgrinning--00xx3: RIGHT Art...............

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 04:47
Actually, yes in some cases that is possible, but mostly its by deposit and pay as you go! I can confirm, having put my youngest through university and paid the course fee's and accomodation fee's periodiclly as required by her progression.

I dont know about PI, but in the UK and most other places, a business will need to have cash or credit with the banks. Its illegal to operate a business which is not solvent, ie enough cash, credit or reserves to over its overheads / creditors. The theory is you can stop the business anytime, pay everbody owed money and tak ewahts left after taxes.

There are business's which supply goods and or services and some take deposits. These are supposed to be kept separate from the funds used to keep the business running - to cover refunds or cancellations.

My business has its own account to which the police had withdrawn all the cash on it (which we included on our complaints). Since May we have used more than 800,000PH to support the case, pay the lawyers and even support the families of my employees. I understood what you meant about job scams however, my company isnt dealing with job placement. We are a consultancy...merely sorting VISA requirements and consultantion about attaining the right Visa but not employment. Most Filipinos are not aware that a consultancy and recruitment is far different. RECRUITMENT are for job placement, Consultancy are for VISA requirements. I hope you could visit our website so may understand what sort or things my company offers and what we CANT!

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 04:51
My business has its own account to which the police had withdrawn all the cash on it (which we included on our complaints). Since May we have used more than 800,000PH to support the case, pay the lawyers and even support the families of my employees. I understood what you meant about job scams however, my company isnt dealing with job placement. We are a consultancy...merely sorting VISA requirements and consultantion about attaining the right Visa but not employment. Most Filipinos are not aware that a consultancy and recruitment is far different. RECRUITMENT are for job placement, Consultancy are for VISA requirements. I hope you could visit our website so may understand what sort or things my company offers and what we CANT!

WE are only charging Processing fee to which all other standard legitimate consultancies are allowed to charge. (an Ph8,000 doesnt mean you can go abroad for work, that is for the processing, exam, review, and overhead expenses). We do not sort medical as that is the obligation of the client who intend to go abroad, we are not allowed to accept Medical fee, Visa fee and airfare).

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 04:56
charlene , i emphatize with you. however, i suggest that you Don't give any money to the Police or any person trying to exact money from you in the guise of helping your case.

Members of this forum had given you links to where you can possibly get some support.

In the meantime , hold on... I hope your family and kevin's family will offer you support ( charity begins at Home)

While i am writing this, my friend here in davao is reading too.. She will try to find out all about this case being with the police force.

Kevin has no one from the UK to help him. I never paid the police any money as i was informed by the embassy not to do so. However, since the arrest we have spent more than 400,000 for legal fees as I resorted to wrong legal firm who only mad part on milking money from Kevin and I. Kevin had a heart attack from the jail and one of my employee gave birth while in detention. As the owner, I have support the three employees I have including legal fees for each one of them and even supported their families. Embassy had been helpful, but their fuction is very limited too.

eagles
24th July 2009, 05:21
charlene did the british embassy know the plight of Kevin? Have you or your legal counsel made an appeal to the embassy?

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 05:21
I would have thought the UK Embassy, when informed would at least register a complaint and send in a junior to check the status.

If she thinks she is having a bad time getting answers...try getting PAL to reply to emails about open ended flight tickets!

Is this woman for real - do these things really happen in PI or is this just another ...I need money for rice - my kids need food ....scam only on a slightly more elaborate scale?

Am I being stupid and gullible? ( again)

:doh

I wish this isnt real Arthur. How would you feel if you are on my shoe? I do not posted this to get money from people, Id like to share this as a lesson also to some who may want to be in the Philippines. I love my country but there are more sad stories to which Filipinas who are with foreigners. Not only Kevin and I have been in this situation...we are ten wives/partners of british nationals who were victimized of this organised crime

Arturo
24th July 2009, 05:22

OK, fair comment, confused a little by different amounts of expences in other posts.

From what I can see here, - is you appear to have done everything possible and currently the UK Embassy, the BBC, newpapers in the UK and other countries are about to give publicity to the case.

If the PI is a signatory of the Human Rights convention, you could ask them to intervene on your behalf. there are groups who campaign against torture and beating while in police custody but I dont have any info to pass on.

Other than that, unfortunately, it looks like you have to sit and wait for the legal process to continue.

Hope it all works out.

pennybarry
24th July 2009, 11:17
that's why agencies should only charge when the applicants pass the test specially their medical. processing fee etc is payable as soon as they pass the test. they are allowed to charge equivalent to one months salary anything more than that is illegal. there are agencies that doesn't charge a single centavo, the cost(s) is billed to the employer but your qualification must be really good.

like what i said i only based my opinion from my previous experience. like what other members are saying 400 applicants accusing your firm is a lot to be honest. i'm sure the truth will come out and when it does i hope whoever is lying get what they deserve. why don't you also use the media? show the proofs etc i'm sure they will listen. remember the saying "innocent until proven guilty". i hope you get all the help you can get.

My nephew got work in Canada and he paid only his medical. Also my cousin who works in a hotel in Canada with no expenses paid except medical. One month salary is the legal for Recruitment agency charge.:xxgrinning--00xx3: But some agencies ask for more and applicants pays more than that as long as it is genuine. In the recruitment agency I worked for, We are not allowed to receive/ask money from applicants. It is posted in every corner of our office. If someone accepts money, then the boss will file a case against us before the applicants file a case against the owner of the agency. All staffs is under the jurisdiction of management/owner. They are the ones who is liable for any damages if we commit something illegal when it comes to receiving money. Ony cashier has the right to accept it with official receipt.

While in Travel Agency, they are not allowed to recruit people. But some agencies do it as it's more easy money. They help applicants in providing some docs for tourist visa and they can fly to Italy,France whatever. But never the travel agency I worked with. We never do as if we caught, it is unbailable and big embarrassment to us.

You're right, I searched about study now pay later in Scotland and there is.
We have also that in the Philippines in 1980's during the Marcos regime. I had classmates who were finished their course thru that scheme. We have also COCOFED scholars during that time. :xxgrinning--00xx3: But never heard anymore about study now pay later these days.:doh

We do have bonds/funds if we establish that kind of business. It helps their applicants to shoulder some expenses for applicant's applications etc. I'm not sure if POEA still holds the funds/bonds this time.

Arturo
24th July 2009, 13:54
You're right, I searched about study now pay later in Scotland and there is.
We have also that in the Philippines in 1980's during the Marcos regime. [/B]

Hi, Just to clarify my post about school/education sfees.

My daughter was at the univercity for just over three years. The students fee's were paid only for the current semester (term) and not being required to pay the whole three years total fee's in one payment.
This is normal and the fee's are paid in advance of the semester. Like wise I paid 50% the rented house she shared with her friend. The accomodation was private and not part o fteh univercity syste,m or fees.

The point I was trying to clarify was that anybody paying an agent that cannot be settled in one transaction, will be expected to pay instalments, only for the work done.
I used a Immigration visa agent to sort out and submit my application to get into Austrlia. he chaged on the basis all goverment application fee's were paid into a trust account, from which he paid the Aussie immigration department. My visa prigressed in about 3 stages, each one requireming teh agent to ensure the submissions were correct and then forwarding by courier to teh various departmenst involved. At each stage a fee was required in advance.

All normal practice.

I would have thought that in principle...any organisation offering any service that involved progressive stages, would charge on the basis of work done, not work in progress.

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 15:20

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 15:44
I just got an e-mail,Kevin is being held in San Mateo prison,its a small prison,four cells,three for males one for females,the cell Kevin is in normally holds 60-70 people,he does indeed pay a sum of money to the "Mayor":Erm: of the cell,for "Luxuries" :Erm:Kevin has been tested as "TB Positive":Erm: My friend in camp crame didnt really tell me much as he hasnt had time to source any info,theres only 250 prisoners in San Mateo,he said it could have been a lot worse,Kevin could have went to Quezon city Jail with 3000 occupants :cwm24:Oh yeah,if your lucky you can chat to him or at least I was told I could :Erm: by ringing manila 2971394 then speaking to the duty officer and saying I had permission from a certain someone :icon_lol:
Charlene,he has 2 mestiso daughters and a son?You take them to visit him on weekends?

FYI... the fee which he has to pay is must as if you dont pay P1000 you will be robbed in the cell. Luxuries? Do you call it luxury if you pay for a use of toilet and take a bath? Isnt it a rights of a prisoner but at the city jail you must pay or you wont be able to take a bath, pooh or even pee. These issues were raised at the embassy already and to the CHR. You must have read it on my blogs anyway as all the details on his arrest, case and the life in prison are well detailed there. He even right some blogs and I scan it for people to know what is being jailed here in the Philippines.

Youre a good researcher TAWI2 hope you can share my blogs to other so they wll be carefull when they go here in the Philippines and same as to help me stop these abuses in prison.

Yes they visits Kevi every weekend, but the number that you gave is not correct. That number was from the PNP costodial. at the city jail there is no number to call. We need to send him food twice a day as you cant even imagine how the prison food looks like.
Thanks anyway.

Florge
24th July 2009, 15:44
Charlene, I have shared your story with my sister... she said to change your lawyer... and prosecute your lawyer as well... she also said that of you need help with Napolcom, she has a friend who works there.

She can see a lot of loopholes in your case and said that yours is very simpl and that there are a lot of remedies available for your lawyer to do... and that, it shouldn't have been this long if your lawyer had just been brilliant.

Did your lawyer try to file for petition to bail? I know that this is a non-bailable offense, but you can still file a petition... my sister has just filed one for her client and waiting for judge's ruling.

Sigh... it is sad to know that there are lawyers who are a*s*s*holes... pardon me.

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 15:47

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 15:57

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 15:57
My friend said he isnt actually low in spirits,he isnt being badly treated nor beaten,and the guards like him as he teaches them english :Erm: the prison is supposed to be decent compared to places like Bilibid :NoNo:

For the first three weeks at the city jail it was so difficult as he was having problems with the guards but since he started teaching the other prisoners to learn english, they started to like him and now he is voluntaring to teach everone there english since he has nothing to do at the jail. City jail is not as good as bilibid. I was there today and its not really good...however once you get there all you need to do is to accept the situation and live to cope with it. I am not complaining against san mateo city jail as they are better than the CIDG. BJMP are better people...they dont need to milk money out of anyone there not like CIDG corrupt. I actually believe that by making my blogs I can help as well those who are in prison at the city jail...like today I am grateful as the Filipino community in new zealand send some donations and I bought boxes of noodles for the prisoners. thats the reason I was there. I am trying to help not only kevin but as well as the BJMP. You ask your friend maybe he knew what are the things we gave them today. I have a pastor friend that will start fellowship on sunday..this would help the prisoners and Kevin spritually.

pennybarry
24th July 2009, 15:58
I just got an e-mail,Kevin is being held in San Mateo prison,its a small prison,four cells,three for males one for females,the cell Kevin is in normally holds 60-70 people,he does indeed pay a sum of money to the "Mayor":Erm: of the cell,for "Luxuries" :Erm:Kevin has been tested as "TB Positive":Erm: My friend in camp crame didnt really tell me much as he hasnt had time to source any info,theres only 250 prisoners in San Mateo,he said it could have been a lot worse,Kevin could have went to Quezon city Jail with 3000 occupants :cwm24:Oh yeah,if your lucky you can chat to him or at least I was told I could :Erm: by ringing manila 2971394 then speaking to the duty officer and saying I had permission from a certain someone :icon_lol:
Charlene,he has 2 mestiso daughters and a son?You take them to visit him on weekends?

you're such a good researcher really Tawi. I got 8 links now but never read about that issue:omg:

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:00
That telephone number is actually correct,try it,its the san mateo municipal jail telephone number.

that isnt working my friend...your good if you can cntact the, as even the embassy and I doesnt use that

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:01
you're such a good researcher really Tawi. I got 8 links now but never read about that issue:omg:

its in my website

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:02

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:03

pennybarry
24th July 2009, 16:06
its in my website

yes I reas some in your website and facebook but not complete as Tawi posted.

Goodluck!

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:12
I never got it from your website :NoNo: I know someone who will be visiting the prison next week in a work capacity,any message you would like relayed?

Actually its best you call Kevin through sir ceriola...he is the para legal there. Actually its ok Tawi2 I can visit Kevin now. been there three times already. Kevin will be happy to know that some people from the UK will be visiting him. he is alright now, but im afraid Ill be with him as well this 29th. Just thank those who will be visitng Kevin ok. He has improved now less depression and not moody anymore. maybe his writings (blogs) helped him to calm down. I have new pictures of him taken only today, but as I said he is now coping...

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:16

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:17
yes I reas some in your website and facebook but not complete as Tawi posted.

Goodluck!

I think i know whose tawi2 as i only gave those info to two people only..hehehe, anyway i know he will be happry to know that some people will be visiting him aside from my children and I

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:21

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:23
You got a child called cha-cha?The head of the prison is Chief Inspector Godfrey Galligo,he lives inside quarters in the prison,he is married,in his late 30's?He is a Phil National Police academy gradute.None of this is from any blog,you know as well as I do everyone in pinas has contacts,its how the country runs.

I think i know you... anyway im happy that you still interested with his case. I hope you can monitor him as I may be detained too. You may email me if you want as I can give you all his new pictures and his blogs. Thank you so much.
bye the way atlast FCO-UK now is doing some actions, they emailed me and now do some actions for kevins complaints to cidg.

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 16:23
Hi Charlene have you tried this one http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/when-things-go-wrong/help-if-you-are-arrested-or

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:24

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:26

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:27
Hi Charlene have you tried this one http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/when-things-go-wrong/help-if-you-are-arrested-or

actually im in contact with the pro consul but i cant blame them as their fuctions are limited..its like i have to do my part to help kevin and i am really doing it as i love the guy

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:33
You might know me :Erm: But my job used to involve looking for people,details are easy to get,its a small world :icon_lol:

anyway thats not important. Im just happy that atleast some were able to atleast considered looking at the case. as you know how much i love kevin and ill do everything to take him out there.

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 16:33
actually im in contact with the pro consul but i cant blame them as their fuctions are limited..its like i have to do my part to help kevin and i am really doing it as i love the guy

Charlene all I can say now is I hope all these nightmares soon will be over, don't loss hope.

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:34

eljean
24th July 2009, 16:35
Yeah, but honestly we are not a recruitment agency...we are only a consultancy. we do not hire people to be employed we just sort their visa

Do you actually know the entire nature of your business?if you think you haven't done anything wrong, don't worry, get a good lawyer, as soon as you do this and you can prove that your husband is innocent he will be out of jail.

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:36

I did ladyj but cant blame fco as their function is really limited. but atleast i know they care about kevin. i got him now a lawyer last monday and i know what ever will happen iin the next coming days...he will be alright. I just hiope what i started will still continue though ill be detained soon

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:40
Totally out of context,because I cant PM you,did he suffer from polio when he was younger?I am not profiling him or anything,its just I know about his leg,I just wondered.

he got it since birth. he said his mum took a wrong medicine when she was pregnant that time. actually, not the leg is his problem...he has a broken hip so thats makes him more difficult to move

ca143
24th July 2009, 16:42
But my job used to involve looking for people,details are easy to get,its a small world...r u a detective????:doh

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 16:44

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 16:46
But my job used to involve looking for people,details are easy to get,its a small world...r u a detective????:doh

his not...i think he is a reporter :rolleyes:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 17:28

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 17:33
Your handing yourself in next wednesday?If theres any developments in the case once your offline and they are passed on to me then I will keep people here updated.

yes I will...im going to ask my daughter to post here to keep you all updated

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 17:35

britishdetained
24th July 2009, 17:38
Anyway Kevin and I will give the names to Carlos for him to pass the updates on...but hopefully all the blogs will still continue...

but im crossing my fingers that the case will be dismissed on wednesday

pennybarry
25th July 2009, 10:10
You might know me :Erm: But my job used to involve looking for people,details are easy to get,its a small world :icon_lol:

his not...i think he is a reporter :rolleyes:

Hmmm Tawi!!! If you are a reporter, can you please provide me some info on the other side. Where are the 7 principle complainants? where are the rest 393? Are they willing to give their statements and testimony publicly? I hear and read only one side. That would be fair enough if we hear both side isn't it?

BTW, when it comes to sympathy, I have loads of it. I sympatize Charlene kids specially. But also I sympatize those who were telling they were victimized. I have some friends who had experience scam and had tears with them.

Looking forward Tawi:Rasp:

Florge
25th July 2009, 12:09
Anyway Kevin and I will give the names to Carlos for him to pass the updates on...but hopefully all the blogs will still continue...

but im crossing my fingers that the case will be dismissed on wednesday

It will be... don't worry... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
25th July 2009, 12:12

So you're a private investigator, i knew it! lol :D:D
Are you by any chance a hit man as well? lol :icon_lol::icon_lol: just kidding :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 12:26

LadyJ
25th July 2009, 13:06
So you're a private investigator, i knew it! lol :D:D
Are you by any chance a hit man as well? lol :icon_lol::icon_lol: just kidding :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Maybe he's a spy from M15 Or Home Office?:Erm:

LEAHnew
25th July 2009, 14:38
Hmmm Tawi!!! If you are a reporter, can you please provide me some info on the other side. Where are the 7 principle complainants? where are the rest 393? Are they willing to give their statements and testimony publicly? I hear and read only one side. That would be fair enough if we hear both side isn't it?

BTW, when it comes to sympathy, I have loads of it. I sympatize Charlene kids specially. But also I sympatize those who were telling they were victimized. I have some friends who had experience scam and had tears with them.

Looking forward Tawi:Rasp:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Agree to you Ms. Penny reminds me about my friends in San Mateo, when I shared her story (Charlene case) seems she knew some fellow been involved to it:doh anyway let's just hope and pray will resolve soon:cwm34:

Mr.Tawi2 you're amazing :xxgrinning--00xx3::rolleyes: I can vote you as Senator for 2010 Phil Election:D:Rasp::Cuckoo:

Sophie
25th July 2009, 16:08
Maybe he's a spy from M15 Or Home Office?:Erm:

hmmmm:Erm::Erm: could be :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 19:02
hmmmm:Erm::Erm: could be :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Hello...i went to see Kevin today and he looks good (thankfully), but the his court order to be hospitalized is not yet released (gosh its been 20 days now we are waiting for his confinement as he really needs it badly). Im still worried for the 29th as there is a big possibility that I will be joining Kevin, just too worried about the children especially my six weeks old baby.

Im glad that the UK newspaper Swindon ADvert made another follow up report on Kevin's case

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 19:06

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 19:25

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 19:40
Is there any way his mum can come over and look after the children?Even for a short while?

they are old already and dont want to ask favor from them...their views towards Filipinos isnt good. I dont want to fight with them nor to cause problem as what is more important with me is Kevin and the children

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 19:41

Sophie
25th July 2009, 19:48
Hello...i went to see Kevin today and he looks good (thankfully), but the his court order to be hospitalized is not yet released (gosh its been 20 days now we are waiting for his confinement as he really needs it badly). Im still worried for the 29th as there is a big possibility that I will be joining Kevin, just too worried about the children especially my six weeks old baby.

Im glad that the UK newspaper Swindon ADvert made another follow up report on Kevin's case

Thats good to hear charlene, hopefully soon, the court will grant him the hospital confinement he badly needed......
Just be strong and don't wallow in fear of whats gonna happen on the 29th, just keep on praying that everything will be ok....
As with your kids, i suppose you can ask help from your family members/relatives or friends or godparents perhaps, to look out for them in the meantime....
This is the time you need them the most and i suppose they would be willing to help you in any way possible.....
I wish you and your family well.....stay strong, never entertain fear, weakness nor hopelessness.....and always remember, this too shall pass...

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 19:48
I understand that.

Anyway i spoke with my cousins today that if i will be detained my children will be under their costudy....

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 19:49

Sophie
25th July 2009, 19:49
Thats good :xxgrinning--00xx3: He is putting weight on though,all that coke he is drinking 1.5 litres a day?I think I drink that in a month :Erm: He was in the automobile industry wasnt he?Mechanic or engineer?What about the childrens godparents?Have you registered them with the british embassy?Speak to the embassy if you think your going to be taken into custody regarding the children.

you really know too much.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 19:50
Thats good to hear charlene, hopefully soon, the court will grant him the hospital confinement he badly needed......
Just be strong and don't wallow in fear of whats gonna happen on the 29th, just keep on praying that everything will be ok....
As with your kids, i suppose you can ask help from your family members/relatives or friends or godparents perhaps, to look out for them in the meantime....
This is the time you need them the most and i suppose they would be willing to help you in any way possible.....
I wish you and your family well.....stay strong, never entertain fear, weakness nor hopelessness.....and always remember, this too shall pass...

Thanks alot sophie....

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 19:50

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 19:52
Your cousins will look after them,extended family,you know that,utang na loob.

My family will take care of them...same as they loved Kevin and supported us since the 15th

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 19:52

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 20:05
Charlene,the main thing is always the childrens welfare,first priority,everything else will be sorted once the dust has settled and the wheels start grinding,once the children are fine you can think more clearly.

my cousins assured me about the children... just hope that things will be better this week for Kevin. My main priority is Kevin and the children. You know how much i love Kevin and I wont let him stay much longer in that placed. My children, yes im soooo worried about them...but I want to commit myself on the 29th so that Kevin will be out soon. You know how much pain I have in my heart to just think about leaving my children...especially my six weeks old baby

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 20:09
Thats good :xxgrinning--00xx3: He is putting weight on though,all that coke he is drinking 1.5 litres a day?I think I drink that in a month :Erm: He was in the automobile industry wasnt he?Mechanic or engineer?What about the childrens godparents?Have you registered them with the british embassy?Speak to the embassy if you think your going to be taken into custody regarding the children.

in contradictory...Kevin had lost more than 6 kilos since he got detained. But since July im not sending Kevin coke as he is taking medications for his TB. He was at the production (BMW). Children were not registered as british coz embassy said they cant same case with David Scott's wife.

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 20:10

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 20:11

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 20:20
I was told his stomach was getting bigger because every single day you send one of the maids in with 1.5 litres of coke :Erm:

maybe last month...:NoNo: I send 5 litters of water everyday now as i dont let him drink coke coz of his medicines. Besides dont have enough to give him treats:doh

I send him foods three times a day and gives him a proper diet so he get well very soon

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 20:22
I was told his stomach was getting bigger because every single day you send one of the maids in with 1.5 litres of coke :Erm:

Kevin waistline last may was 42" now its only 38":Erm:

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 20:22

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 20:24
Kevin waistline last may was 42" now its only 38":Erm:

The guy who told me was there last month,he is due to visit next week,I will tell him to take a tape-measure :xxgrinning--00xx3: remember,whatever happens in life you can always make a joke about it,it doesnt change the situation but sometimes for me at least it stops tears from falling,its never as bad as it seems while there is still a breath in your body k?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
25th July 2009, 20:26
My family will take care of them...same as they loved Kevin and supported us since the 15th

my cousins assured me about the children... just hope that things will be better this week for Kevin. My main priority is Kevin and the children. You know how much i love Kevin and I wont let him stay much longer in that placed. My children, yes im soooo worried about them...but I want to commit myself on the 29th so that Kevin will be out soon. You know how much pain I have in my heart to just think about leaving my children...especially my six weeks old baby

Good to hear that your kids will be in good hands, indeed it's always our family we can count on in times of need....bless them
Continue being tough as you are now, just roll with the punches...things will be better in time, just keep the faith....
And i commend you for being such a great wife and mom, you are one tough woman charlene.....
Never underestimate your strength, you'll be surprised at how strong you really are and how stronger you can be....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 20:28
My wife died,left my son when he was 6 years old,her only worries were for him and not herself so I know how your feeling,but your going to be lucky,your going to see your children again,be strong for them,you can crumble and sob when your on your own but when your with the kids always be strong,they pick up vibrations from their parents.I heard that prison allows conjugal visits for male prisoners on saturday nights :Erm: but not for female in case they get pregnant :Erm:smile,its never as bad as it seems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

its Friday...Saturday and sunday are for the children.:D if i wil be detained, ill be with the females i will not be allowed to see Kevin if no visitor for both of us.

Sorry to hear about ur wife. Im trying to be strong to my children, but once they are as sleep then my hearts cry. im just really hoping that the truth will come out very soon. its not only about the case being dismissed...but to clean our names and to get those who are really doing wrong

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 20:30
My son always reminds me of something Christopher Robin said to Winnie the Pooh :Erm:"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." some of us summon up incredible reserves of inner strength when the odds are insurmountable,and we conquer them,you just have to dig deep sometimes.

Tawi2
25th July 2009, 20:33
Its always best to cry in the dark charlene,I do it sometimes though I have an advantage over you as my mascara or eye-shadow doesnt run :icon_lol: I call it "Controlled-crying" :xxgrinning--00xx3: Dont worry about that,its just your heart shedding pain.

britishdetained
25th July 2009, 20:35
Good to hear that your kids will be in good hands, indeed it's always our family we can count on in times of need....bless them
Continue being tough as you are now, just roll with the punches...things will be better in time, just keep the faith....
And i commend you for being such a great wife and mom, you are one tough woman charlene.....
Never underestimate your strength, you'll be surprised at how strong you really are and how stronger you can be....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

...honestly i never realised ill be this strong. but then, since that thing happened to us i promised to myself that i wil do everything to give the justice we deserved and same as to be a courageous wife for Kevin and the children. Maybe because i love him soooo much that i am willing to do everything for him. When I met Kevin we made a vow that we will do everything for each other, and our love will stay stronger no matter what, who he was...what he will become...and we want our children to see that no storm can make our family destroyed

Sophie
25th July 2009, 21:15
...honestly i never realised ill be this strong. but then, since that thing happened to us i promised to myself that i wil do everything to give the justice we deserved and same as to be a courageous wife for Kevin and the children. Maybe because i love him soooo much that i am willing to do everything for him. When I met Kevin we made a vow that we will do everything for each other, and our love will stay stronger no matter what, who he was...what he will become...and we want our children to see that no storm can make our family destroyed

Very well said charlene :xxgrinning--00xx3: Keep it up and you'll be just fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
26th July 2009, 20:14
Very well said charlene :xxgrinning--00xx3: Keep it up and you'll be just fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...Filipino_jail/

thanks god as the swindonadvert made a follow up on kevins...i hope Mr. Wills can get help

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 20:24

thanks god as the swindonadvert made a follow up on kevins...i hope Mr. Wills can get help

Tried it but Page not found:D

Have you tried to make settlement with complainants before hearing? Sorry to ask. I am just thinking if may help you cleared.

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 20:32

Try this one http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/4512157.MP_works_to_free_man_Filipino_jail/?ref=rss

britishdetained
26th July 2009, 20:36
Tried it but Page not found:D

Have you tried to make settlement with complainants before hearing? Sorry to ask. I am just thinking if may help you cleared.

honestly...we dont have any complainants left:yikes: from 18 complainants during the INQUEST , then after the resolutio the Judge only accepted 3 complainants...then 3 weeks ago when those 3 heard about kevins heart attack they contacted me and back out already.

I was happy that time then till now our motion to dismiss the case doesnt have any resolution yet. I heard that these may take 3 months more. o hope i can just exchange myself for kevin. went there today...so excited to see him, had a great time but once the bell rang for the visitors to leave Kevin started crying. my heart really broke into pieces looking at him crying and worried.

I hope things will be alright very soon as i dont understand nomore.

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 20:52
honestly...we dont have any complainants left:yikes: from 18 complainants during the INQUEST , then after the resolutio the Judge only accepted 3 complainants...then 3 weeks ago when those 3 heard about kevins heart attack they contacted me and back out already.

I was happy that time then till now our motion to dismiss the case doesnt have any resolution yet. I heard that these may take 3 months more. o hope i can just exchange myself for kevin. went there today...so excited to see him, had a great time but once the bell rang for the visitors to leave Kevin started crying. my heart really broke into pieces looking at him crying and worried.

I hope things will be alright very soon as i dont understand nomore.

That will be great if there's no more complainants.
That will make you cleared soon.
It's a big plus to your case.
I have been a complainant before when we filed a case against our agency.
We were 20 applicants for Taiwan before but 19 of us has no receipt.
I was the only one with receipt so they(19) backed out.
I had settlement offered but I refused as my lawyer at POEA advised me to refuse any money.
I won the case in the end and got more than they offered me for settlement.
I got 130k and was really happy for that!
Goodluck!!!

Sophie
26th July 2009, 20:55

That's good news, i hope they'll be able to help in any way possible....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
28th July 2009, 17:43
That's good news, i hope they'll be able to help in any way possible....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh...i was told that there might be some reporters from the UK coming to look at the case and attend the arraignment tomorrow. i hope there are some people who would really check on the case coz there is no complainant anymore and why the case is not yet dismissed.

aside to that...oh:bigcry: the big day is tomorrow as i will know if i will be detained or not while waiting for the dismissal of the case:cwm34:

fred
29th July 2009, 01:03
oh...i was told that there might be some reporters from the UK coming to look at the case and attend the arraignment tomorrow. i hope there are some people who would really check on the case coz there is no complainant anymore and why the case is not yet dismissed.

aside to that...oh:bigcry: the big day is tomorrow as i will know if i will be detained or not while waiting for the dismissal of the case:cwm34:

Good luck with that...Sounds like you are really under a lot of pressure..

My main priority as a foreigner in this country is to keep a very very low profile in regards business etc.
I'm rarely at the shop front and when I am, I'm masquerading as a customer.
I never deal directly with Filipino`s (except family and the guy that owns our sari sari store) and would like to suggest to you that you ask your other half to do something similar in future should he wish to stay.

My thoughts are with you...Hang in there.

britishdetained
29th July 2009, 07:06
Its always best to cry in the dark charlene,I do it sometimes though I have an advantage over you as my mascara or eye-shadow doesnt run :icon_lol: I call it "Controlled-crying" :xxgrinning--00xx3: Dont worry about that,its just your heart shedding pain.

ohhhhh arraignment was cancelled:omg::omg:! Move to 12 August:rolleyes:. We were told that NO FISCAL AVAILABLE:NoNo:. So another 13 days of wondering and paranism:doh

Tawi2
1st August 2009, 11:00
Its not 13 more days or paranoia,thats negative,its 13 more days of seeing the kids,living a life as close to normalcy as you can get at the moment,its 13 more days of hope and freedom:xxgrinning--00xx3:Look at it in a positive light always :)

britishdetained
1st August 2009, 17:11
Its not 13 more days or paranoia,thats negative,its 13 more days of seeing the kids,living a life as close to normalcy as you can get at the moment,its 13 more days of hope and freedom:xxgrinning--00xx3:Look at it in a positive light always :)

hummm got your point tawi2:) hey been out for quite a while huh?:Erm:
Anyway im happier now coz im able to see Kevin everyday. I volunteer myself at the city jail to be a teacher for detainees. Kevin and I realised instead on being down about the case and since we cant get any trial yet, we just help the BJMP with thier programs. I am now teaching the detainees together with Kevin, same as helping them to promote their livelihood programs.:) This also helps Kevin to lessen his depression inside since he can now see me more often. I stay there from 9 am til 5pm. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
1st August 2009, 19:11
Thats better,lots of people would just curl up and accept their fate,dont be like that,as long as your drawing breath theres always somehow you can overcome a problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:or a way to ease your situation in a way,however slight.Its not forever,its a temporary blip on lifes radar :xxgrinning--00xx3:

britishdetained
1st August 2009, 19:19
Thats better,lots of people would just curl up and accept their fate,dont be like that,as long as your drawing breath theres always somehow you can overcome a problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:or a way to ease your situation in a way,however slight.Its not forever,its a temporary blip on lifes radar :xxgrinning--00xx3:

very wise advise:) I will take a note of that tawi2.

Most of the times life is really strange:rolleyes:...i think:Erm:, but because of all these trials coming to us really teaches me to be more patient and most importantly believe in what is right:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
1st August 2009, 19:24
Being positive(and the ability to rattle off 200 words a minute)has gotten me out of one or two sticky situations in the past in various places,we all get through in the end,its just when and how,once your beaten mentally thats the end of the game.

britishdetained
1st August 2009, 19:31
Being positive(and the ability to rattle off 200 words a minute)has gotten me out of one or two sticky situations in the past in various places,we all get through in the end,its just when and how,once your beaten mentally thats the end of the game.

saya seluruhnya bersetuju tentang itu ! Very well said...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th August 2009, 12:41
Good result today?:Erm:

Tawi2
12th August 2009, 18:26
Charlene :Erm: waiting to find out the court results today.

Mrs Daddy
12th August 2009, 18:33
Pls tell us the news charlene...

bystander09
15th August 2009, 17:17
A good Philippine lawyer and the British Embassy are the only ones who can help......unless you want us to start digging a tunnel :cwm24:

Firstly, do not hold out any hope of assistance from the British Embassy in Manila. They are nothing more than a bunch of civil servants; the sort of people one would meet at council offices in the UK.. They are enjoying a life style beyond their means, bankrolled by the UK taxpayer. :cwm23:

My 13 year sojourn in the Philippines was spent in the employment of a multinational corporation. However I used to attend British Chamber of Commerce meetings at HM Ambassadors residence in Forbes Park where British companies used to contribute to a "distress" fund. This was usually to buy tickets for down and out Brits so they could return to blighty.

I am assuming that your company registration and documentation was in order with the DTI, and that you had the legal capacity to trade and engage in business in the Philippines..?? If it was/is, then I would recommend you join the British Chamber of Commerce in Manila. It's a bit late maybe, but it will allow you to network, and meet other Brit's engaged in business in the Philippines.

Recruitment agencies are very exposed to complaints from their clients. Usually the issue boils down to compensation. Just how much are you willing to pay to make these problems go away..?? :cwm3:

Keep it simple, open a grocery shop selling food and dry goods on a cash basis.. :Hellooo:

bystander

britishdetained
9th September 2009, 01:56
Firstly, do not hold out any hope of assistance from the British Embassy in Manila. They are nothing more than a bunch of civil servants; the sort of people one would meet at council offices in the UK.. They are enjoying a life style beyond their means, bankrolled by the UK taxpayer. :cwm23:

My 13 year sojourn in the Philippines was spent in the employment of a multinational corporation. However I used to attend British Chamber of Commerce meetings at HM Ambassadors residence in Forbes Park where British companies used to contribute to a "distress" fund. This was usually to buy tickets for down and out Brits so they could return to blighty.

I am assuming that your company registration and documentation was in order with the DTI, and that you had the legal capacity to trade and engage in business in the Philippines..?? If it was/is, then I would recommend you join the British Chamber of Commerce in Manila. It's a bit late maybe, but it will allow you to network, and meet other Brit's engaged in business in the Philippines.

Recruitment agencies are very exposed to complaints from their clients. Usually the issue boils down to compensation. Just how much are you willing to pay to make these problems go away..?? :cwm3:

Keep it simple, open a grocery shop selling food and dry goods on a cash basis.. :Hellooo:

bystander

Thanks alot bystander...totally agree bout the embassy people:NoNo: they wont do much as you would expect. At the end of the day it is still depend on me...where and how to get FCO get their ass to check with our case:NoNo:

About the case...i will not paying anyone back as we are not a recruitment agency...all my clients who were affected with the case and have their VISA applications on pending status due to the closure of my company will get their money as we have a refund policy. However, with the CIDG no way every a single penny they do not deserved as I do not believe in bribery:cwm23:

Just hoping that the next coming weeks will be best in our interest as four months without being set to the court nor havent had an arraignment is much nothing but looks only to extortion:NoNo:

After this...well not planning to set another business here in the Philippines. Im not taking another risk for Kevin to be in this situation again. As i think having a foreigner here is only for others to extract every bit of centavo. Most people see you guys here as investment...not as human but some sort of currency:Brick::Brick::NoNo: