PDA

View Full Version : Price of baby (3yrs) and other needs, in Phil

johncar54
19th July 2009, 10:13
I know this is a strange question but my wife's friend, married to my friend and living here in Spain with her husband, gets messages from her family for things her 3 year old child needs. The frequency and range (and cost) of these is very 'surprising!

I would be grateful if someone could give me an indication of prices for baby necessities.

Thanks

Sorry. I just looked at this post again and see the heading is not what I intended. It should have been Price of Baby's Milk and others needs.

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 11:27
Hi John,

Is it the baby was in the Philippines?

joebloggs
19th July 2009, 11:32
not sure about today's prices, but at a guess a good branded powdered milk around 850php as its imported, maybe last 2wks?

but why is a 3yr old not eating solid food ? little joe still has bottled/powdered milk and eats a lot of solid food :Erm:

kids are expensive, they grow so quick the clothes dont last long, unless you want them to look like the hulk :doh

joebloggs
19th July 2009, 11:34
gets messages from her family for things her 3 year old child needs. The frequency and range (and cost) of these is very 'surprising!

[QUOTE=Mrs.JMajor;154681]Hi John,

Is it the baby was in the Philippines?

a clue ladyj :D

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 11:38
Ah ok, so the baby is in PI, ok here it is Jed milk had the nice brand of milk GAIN when he was 3 yrs old and 1.7 kilos amounting 1000 and yes last nearly 10 days, and I help it by feeding him solid food as well, so I spend 10,000 php a month to Jed, include food, clothes and malling lol, so if your friend is trying to give the mother allowance for the baby 15k or £ 150 is more than enough for the baby, she wouldnt complain on that :D

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 11:40
a clue ladyj :D
:yikes: ladyj as in lady Juliet :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
19th July 2009, 11:43
:yikes: ladyj as in lady Juliet :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:doh
:icon_lol:

:Rasp: :Cuckoo:

sorry :ARsurrender: batteries in my wireless mouse are low, and i was bashing it , while little joe was maoning about watching baybaloo !, i forgot who said what !

Tawi2
19th July 2009, 11:48
Ah ok, so the baby is in PI, ok here it is Jed milk had the nice brand of milk GAIN when he was 3 yrs old and 1.7 kilos amounting 1000 and yes last nearly 10 days, and I help it by feeding him solid food as well, so I spend 10,000 php a month to Jed, include food, clothes and malling lol, so if your friend is trying to give the mother allowance for the baby 15k or £ 150 is more than enough for the baby, she wouldnt complain on that :D

15,000 pesos a month for one small three year old child :Erm:how do people survive with 3-4-5 kids?

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 11:57
15,000 pesos a month for one small three year old child :Erm:how do people survive with 3-4-5 kids?

Nice question Tawi, well that is where you can find the kids in the street begging for penny, and other level of life is like my neighbour, she stop the baby to drink milk just in 2-3 years and forced the baby to eat solid food or use the cheap alaska condensed milk, junk foods, that amount I said is base in what status I had in my life, since I am hard working and earning good money I can feed my baby and support them well, as you see Jed is healhty in my avatar :xxgrinning--00xx3:

So for your question they hardly survive :NoNo: if the parents are both in minimum wage,

joebloggs
19th July 2009, 11:57

a bit easier than here, little joe cost us with child care for 5 hrs aday, more than £500 a month :doh

Jay&Zobel
19th July 2009, 12:46

Philippines!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
19th July 2009, 12:50
a bit easier than here, little joe cost us with child care for 5 hrs aday, more than £500 a month :doh

But Government here is so supportive (of course that's from Taxpayers' money, and this was tackled already in previous threads):xxgrinning--00xx3: unlike in the PI, you need to work hard, really hard just to earn for a living, any extras is just a bonus...

joebloggs
19th July 2009, 12:56
But Government here is so supportive (of course that's from Taxpayers' money, and this was tackled already in previous threads):xxgrinning--00xx3: unlike in the PI, you need to work hard, really hard just to earn for a living, any extras is just a bonus...

true, and I am a tax payer and receiver of tax creds, but what i get, will just cover the child care for little joe and not our little gal :cwm24: and every year what i get it tax creds is going down by a lot :NoNo:

what i meant was if i was in the phils one of the misses family (her aunt :D) would be looking after little joe and our little gal. here we don't have anyone :cwm24:

johncar54
19th July 2009, 13:05
Sorry if I did not make it clear. The baby is in the Philippines, the mother and her British husband are in Spain. The husband is supporting the child.

Mrs J Major. I think I must be misunderstanding you. Are you saying that the monthly cost of having a 3 year old child is 10,000 P ?

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 13:20
Sorry if I did not make it clear. The baby is in the Philippines, the mother and her British husband are in Spain. The husband is supporting the child.

Mrs J Major. I think I must be misunderstanding you. Are you saying that the monthly cost of having a 3 year old child is 10,000 P ?

Yes, that is what I spent to my Jed when he was 3 yrs old, 3k PHP for a nice brand of milk in PI, plus healhty food, he wont finish the 2000 php in a week, so a 15k a month would be a nice amount to support to the 3 yrs old baby in Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
19th July 2009, 13:35
I just looked up the average salary in Phil. It showed a school teacher in on just under 15,000 P a month. If that's correct I am at a loss to understand. It would mean a schoolteacher and anyone earning less would never be able to afford a child!

Would someone please explain where my thinking must be wrong.

joebloggs
19th July 2009, 13:46
I just looked up the average salary in Phil. It showed a school teacher in on just under 15,000 P a month. If that's correct I am at a loss to understand. It would mean a schoolteacher and anyone earning less would never be able to afford a child!

powdered milk is £7 a time in the uk john, and it would only last a wk, so you can say £30 a month just for milk. clothes and shoes are not cheap either..

depends on what you feed and clothe your child in, but £150 a month seems high to me, i would have thought £100 a month

Jay&Zobel
19th July 2009, 13:51
true, and I am a tax payer and receiver of tax creds, but what i get, will just cover the child care for little joe and not our little gal :cwm24: and every year what i get it tax creds is going down by a lot :NoNo:

what i meant was if i was in the phils one of the misses family (her aunt :D) would be looking after little joe and our little gal. here we don't have anyone :cwm24:

Yeah, I know what you meant... we aren't eligible to claim tax-credits...:NoNo::NoNo::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: But next year, we might be able to claim it :D (It's like better not to work :Erm::NoNo: unfair, isnt it?!)

Nannies are so cheap in the PI!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
19th July 2009, 13:53
.... It should have been Price of Baby's Milk and others needs.

:doh I thought u were asking price of a baby:D

well just to give u a rough idea about the expenditures of having a 3 year old baby in PHil. if he/she under the custody of the relative whether to the granny,aunts,uncles or cousins.
If the couple you knew can afford to send 15000 pesos a month that would be great to budget example (approx.):

milk (Middle class - Nido fortifed)= 2000
nappy = 500
foods = 6000 (200 per day)
carer/nanny = 2000
Medication(vit.) = 500
emergency needs=4000 (Hospitalization, vaccines etc.)

I hope it helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
19th July 2009, 14:01

NO JOhn they can afford still, you maybe surprise even 2 or more kids they can survive:D its just depend on the way of living they got we call it DISKARTE LANG yan! wise budgeting:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: that's a Filipino a survivor:D :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 14:06

Your right teacher salary per month is at 15k a month, that is the reason they hard to coup with the extra happenings in life
My kids guardian now is a teacher earning 15k a month a husband working in San Miguel beer Company 280 per day/8 hours with a 3 daughters, and she just keep crying at night lack of budget in her daily food, so she sell some candies in her classroom and the husband is working 12 hours in a day and he also work saturday and sunday whole year round, thats why hubby said they had no life at all

Before they rent house 1800 a month, electric bill 800, water month 200, daily food for 5 person she said her budget is 200 php
Now I took them to be guardian of my 2 kids, they dont need to pay for house, no bills to pay,( I pay the elec bill, connection and so on) and they say it was big relief for her, and my 2 kids allowance is like her salary at a month

telford
19th July 2009, 20:47
Your right teacher salary per month is at 15k a month, that is the reason they hard to coup with the extra happenings in life
My kids guardian now is a teacher earning 15k a month a husband working in San Miguel beer Company 280 per day/8 hours with a 3 daughters, and she just keep crying at night lack of budget in her daily food, so she sell some candies in her classroom and the husband is working 12 hours in a day and he also work saturday and sunday whole year round, thats why hubby said they had no life at all

Before they rent house 1800 a month, electric bill 800, water month 200, daily food for 5 person she said her budget is 200 php
Now I took them to be guardian of my 2 kids, they dont need to pay for house, no bills to pay,( I pay the elec bill, connection and so on) and they say it was big relief for her, and my 2 kids allowance is like her salary at a month

bongga ka talaga Juliet! ang yaman mo pala! :omg:

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 21:40
bongga ka talaga Juliet! ang yaman mo pala!
:omg:

:yikes: I read what I type, lol you might think I fed them (her whole family) :icon_lol:, the food still thier own, the only thing she just escape is renting the house because she look after my kids,and the electric bill as well, but not thier (5 people) food, they still buy thier food :D

tiN
19th July 2009, 21:41

Wow ate juliet :omg::omg:
Ur so kind ate, for u to do that, ur like an angel sent from the above..
(Hulog ng langit ika nga):D:D

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 21:58
Wow ate juliet :omg::omg:
Ur so kind ate, for u to do that, ur like an angel sent from the above..
(Hulog ng langit ika nga):D:D

No, lol dont get me wrong she still buy thier food, lol only rent for the house she free and the bills, besides its not all the money, i know it was the big responsibilty that I gave them to look after my kids, its hard to put that in any one's shoulder, taking care of the kids not your own, give and take ika nga as what they say :rolleyes:

Tawi2
19th July 2009, 22:00
Your friend sounds cool Mrs M,theres a lot of trust between you,even when your son is here never forget her,utang na loob :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lost_bulak
19th July 2009, 22:01
ok as a new mum i spend about less than £100 for my baby for all his basic needs such as milk and nappies. The cost of milk here is less than £8/month (x4) and I spend about £40 for his nappies and wipes. Personally, I don't buy my son clothes/toys every month cos I know i am not helping him if he gets used to it.

So if I spend less than £100/month for my son the fact that i am here in the UK how much more in the Philippines where the cost of living is not as expensive as in here?

Mrs.JMajor
19th July 2009, 22:07
Sometimes I find (some) things is just almost the same amount the price in the Uk and philippines to be honest, when i manage to go round (in Tesco and Asda) comparing cooking oil, hubby slacks etc..etc...:icon_lol:

trader dave
20th July 2009, 03:11
i am not an expert but me and mrs t have discussed this as she has a 4 yr old:D

he will be saying in the phils and be cared for by nanny:cwm34: in nannys house 24/7 we have budgeted £100+ depending on exchange rate to send home for his welfare and up bringing ,another thing we have to consider is his schooling next year that will add a big lump to that amount :doh but of course mrs t will be working then :cwm24: or she hopes to:Erm::icon_lol:

kimmi
20th July 2009, 10:53
I know this is a strange question but my wife's friend, married to my friend and living here in Spain with her husband, gets messages from her family for things her 3 year old child needs. The frequency and range (and cost) of these is very 'surprising!

I would be grateful if someone could give me an indication of prices for baby necessities.

Thanks

Sorry. I just looked at this post again and see the heading is not what I intended. It should have been Price of Baby's Milk and others needs.

hi John,

Some of our friends in here have already quoted you prices based on their experiences and capabilities. I think it will be better if you ask your wife's friend first how much she/ they can afford. I am sure ( most of the people in here will agree with me) bringing up a child is really expensive,and as much as possible you want what's best for your child.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

There is really no specific amount for a child's need so, if she can afford to give let say £50 or even up to £150 monthly it is her decision,just make sure that the money is really going for the child's needs not for any other reasons though I am not sure if she/they discussed it with her family even before she leaves for Spain?..:)

johncar54
20th July 2009, 14:19
Thanks to everyone who has posted info for us. It was very helpful and I have passed it all on the our friends.

(Between just you and me!!! I suspect the family are trying to get as much money as they can, with baby, deaths in family, hospitalisation, electricity about to be cut off etc, almost every day they send details of an emergency which needs money to sort it)

Jay&Zobel
20th July 2009, 15:42
(Between just you and me!!! I suspect the family are trying to get as much money as they can, with baby, deaths in family, hospitalisation, electricity about to be cut off etc, almost every day they send details of an emergency which needs money to sort it)

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: It's sad... Sometimes people back home think it's easy finding money abroad :ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Hope things will be well with your friend & friend's family soon...

Mrs Daddy
20th July 2009, 16:02
:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: It's sad... Sometimes people back home think it's easy finding money abroad :ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Indeed:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: like my aunt she want me to support her daughter in college for nursing:dohand I dont want any of that as I want to stop working as am wore out:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

trader dave
21st July 2009, 17:17
Thanks to everyone who has posted info for us. It was very helpful and I have passed it all on the our friends.

it realy does give me the hump when as soon as a foregner is in the family they suddenly think money is no option :furious3::furious3: we have to work here for the money as well :Brick::Brick:IT DOES NOT GROW ON TREES :furious3::Brick: never forget the word NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AND BEWARE THEY MIGHT MAKE UP STORYS OF THE CHILD BEING UNWELL

Sophie
21st July 2009, 18:35
it realy does give me the hump when as soon as a foregner is in the family they suddenly think money is no option :furious3::furious3: we have to work here for the money as well :Brick::Brick:IT DOES NOT GROW ON TREES :furious3::Brick: never forget the word NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AND BEWARE THEY MIGHT MAKE UP STORYS OF THE CHILD BEING UNWELL

That's why it's very important to leave your child under the care of someone you can really trust and rely on.......
someone who has genuine concern for your child and who would look after your baby without any vested interest in mind,
or any intention to take advantage or abuse you and capitalize the situation to rip money off you......