PDA

View Full Version : Morning readers...

Bluebirdjones
19th July 2009, 09:38
Anyone ever come across the work agency
NATIONAL CARAFI COMPANY.... based in CDO & Cebu City

They supposedly hire skilled workers for the Middle East market.

Any family / friends used them, got work via them ?

Good / bad experiences ?

Any comments much appreciated.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
19th July 2009, 17:42
NATIONAL CARAFI COMPANY is the Saudi end...

ADMIRAL OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT CORPORATION is the Filipino company.
I see that they are registered (and have a number) with the POAE...
but anyone had direct / indirect dealings with them ?

Much appreciated.

somebody
19th July 2009, 18:56
NATIONAL CARAFI COMPANY is the Saudi end...

ADMIRAL OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT CORPORATION is the Filipino company.
I see that they are registered (and have a number) with the POAE...
but anyone had direct / indirect dealings with them ?

Much appreciated.

Is it not worth contacting the CFO in Cebu? They maybe able to advise if they are approved or not on any black lists?

aphrodite78
21st July 2009, 15:14
Anyone ever come across the work agency
NATIONAL CARAFI COMPANY.... based in CDO & Cebu City

They supposedly hire skilled workers for the Middle East market.

Any family / friends used them, got work via them ?

Good / bad experiences ?

Any comments much appreciated.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi bluebirdjones,

used to be working with recruitment agency. you could check the standing of an agency by logging onto poea's website http://www.poea.gov.ph/cgi-bin/agSearch.asp

aphrodite78
21st July 2009, 15:17
Is it not worth contacting the CFO in Cebu? They maybe able to advise if they are approved or not on any black lists?

if an agency is blacklisted, poea will not let the agency post their job opening. every job order is submitted to poea first and they will approve it before the agency can conduct any recruitment.

Bluebirdjones
21st July 2009, 16:01
... yes, they are registered, not "blacklisted", and have that all-important POEA number.

I was just interested if someone here (or relatives) had actually used them.

My initial concern is that they seem to charge an awful lot for a medical (which is a
requirement to get the job).
Seems that even if these agencies cannot charge fees for their services, there are other
"ways & means" to line their pockets.

Aphrodite had no childhood: in every image and each reference she is born adult, nubile,
and infinitely desirable. Aphrodite, in many of the late anecdotal myths involving her, is
characterized as vain, ill-tempered and easily offended. Though she is one of the few gods
of the Greek Pantheon to be actually married, she is frequently unfaithful to her husband.... mmmmmmm ..... LOL

aphrodite78
21st July 2009, 16:16
... yes, they are registered, not "blacklisted", and have that all-important POEA number.

I was just interested if someone here (or relatives) had actually used them.

My initial concern is that they seem to charge an awful lot for a medical (which is a
requirement to get the job).
Seems that even if these agencies cannot charge fees for their services, there are other
"ways & means" to line their pockets.

Aphrodite had no childhood: in every image and each reference she is born adult, nubile,
and infinitely desirable. Aphrodite, in many of the late anecdotal myths involving her, is
characterized as vain, ill-tempered and easily offended. Though she is one of the few gods
of the Greek Pantheon to be actually married, she is frequently unfaithful to her husband.... mmmmmmm ..... LOL

hi bluebirdjones,

if they are charging a lot for medical you could ask an itemized breakdown of the medical. some countries got additional medical test(s)while some is pretty straightforward (just basic). i would say that the agency i previously worked with (ipams) didn't charge any single centavo as we are paid by the employer (all inclusive). i agree with you some are charging a lot because employers don't want to pay any fee and sometimes employers know that some agencies are desperate to get the job offers from them hence agency offers some incentives back to the employer. btw, what job is it if you don't mind me asking?

with regards to aphrodite, i got her name because she was the goddess of love, beauty and fertility. we're all beautiful in our own way (lol), well i think because of the fertility thing. most of my friends call me aphrodite because i am so fertile. needless to say i got nearly half a dozen of kids now :D

Bluebirdjones
21st July 2009, 16:35
The job is in Saudi as a steel fabricator/erector.

He's passed the interview and the tests.... the medical, it seems, is the
last thing.
I just thought that p7,000 for a medical is a bit steep.... and like you, I've
asked for a breakdown of the tests, and a copy of the report, along with a
receipt of payment.

aphrodite78
21st July 2009, 18:28
The job is in Saudi as a steel fabricator/erector.

He's passed the interview and the tests.... the medical, it seems, is the
last thing.
I just thought that p7,000 for a medical is a bit steep.... and like you, I've
asked for a breakdown of the tests, and a copy of the report, along with a
receipt of payment.

the name of the saudi company rings a bell to me, i used to handle kharafi national, but they are based in kuwait and uae, not to sure about saudi though. as regards to the medical, it seems a bit too much in fact 2 to 3x more of what the clinic use to charge. the problem with saudi processing is they only got few clinics approved by saudi embassy so some really charge too much but not too sure about that one though. have a nice day :)