PDA

View Full Version : birth stones

vbkelly
16th July 2009, 16:01
if anyone here believes the zodiac signs are an astrological version of birthstones or anyone believes the zodiac signs. here's my birthstones says. May Birthstone

Birthstone List January Birthstone
Birthstone Zodiac Signs February Birthstone
Birthstone Chart March Birthstone
Jewels & Gemstones April Birthstone
Birthstones Colors Birthstones Index
Jewelry June Birthstone
Birth Month Flowers July Birthstone
Diamonds Pearls August Birthstone
Sapphires Opals September Birthstone
Aquamarine Topaz October Birthstone
Emeralds Garnets November Birthstone
Amethyst Rubies December Birthstone
Turquoise Peridots History of Birthstones

What is the Birthstone for May?
Giving a piece of jewelry containing a birthstone gem will bring the wearer with good luck and protection. Monthly birthstones symbolize the month of birth according to the Gregorian Calendar. What is the Birth stone for May? The following old poem provides the answer! And this page provides some information about the meaning of the May gem stone, the color, symbolism and significance of this lovely birth stone:

May Birthstone poem - the Emerald
"Who first beholds the light of day
In spring's sweet, flower month of May
And wears an Emerald all her life
Shall be a loved and a loving wife."

May Birthstone - Properties of the Emerald
For those who were born in the month of May the Emerald is the traditional birthstone. The May birthstone poem reflects some of the properties with which the Emerald is associated - loyalty, faithfulness and friendship. The Traditional Metaphysical Properties for the May Birthstone Emerald are memory, clairvoyance and faith. The healing properties of the May birthstone are reputed to be effective for health problems relating to the eyes, fertility, the spine and headaches. The Emerald is also used to enhance mental capabilities.

May Birthstone Zodiac Sign
The twelve Zodiac signs are an astrological version of birthstones in addition to the twelve calendar months. The May birthstone of the Emerald is considered to be the birthstone for Taurus (The sign of the Bull) and relate to those born between April 20 - May 20. The Zodiac sign of Taurus also responds to Sapphire, Garnet Agate, and Diamond.

May Birthstone - Where are Emeralds found?
The popular May Birthstone of the Emerald is found in the following countries:

Colombia, Brazil, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

May Birthstone - the Color of the Emerald
The traditional color associated with the Emerald is the deep green color and was strongly favored as a popular gem in Victorian jewelry. The meaning of colors through the ages represented many aspects of life. Social, religious, biblical and Christian symbolism were all reflected in the color green! The symbolic meaning of the color green was renewal of life and nature.

Definition of the Emerald, the May Birthstone
Definition of Emerald, the May birth stone: The word Emerald is derived from the Greek word "Smaragdos" which means "green stone" which reflect the color of the emerald. A precious stone of a rich green color, a variety of beryl that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem. By weight the emerald is the most valuable gemstone in the world. The Emerald is a member of the Beryl (beryllium aluminum silicate) family. The crystal structure of the emerald, the February birthstone, is hexagonal. Elements of chromium in the crystal produce the color, whilst inclusions in the stone create what is called the jardin, or garden, of the emerald.

May Birth stone - the History of the Emerald
For those who were born in the month of May the Emerald is the traditional birthstone. The history, myths, legends and folklore surrounding the magical properties of different birthstones have been handed down through the ages and from different civilisations. This subject has been documented separately in the History of Birthstones section which can be accessed by the link at the top of the page.

what about your zodiac signs and birthstones?

Mrs Daddy
16th July 2009, 16:11
I dont really know if I believe them or not but I know mind is aquamarine:)

vbkelly
16th July 2009, 16:14
i don't believe it but some of the statements are true to me

GaryFifer
16th July 2009, 19:58
Ach, away and boil yer head. Nonsense for the kiddies. Generalistic mumbo jumbo, just like Astrology. I pick up a pebble of the beach and charge ya 2000 peso for it and say its a birth stone would ya believe me?

KeithD
16th July 2009, 20:21
They are all a load of :action-smiley-081:

Why? The things are you influence your life 99.99999999999999999999......% of the time, not things beyond our atmosphere.....unless your unlucky and get struck by a meteorite :D

PLUS! Since the ancients come up with these pretty patterns in the sky they have all moved along one :doh You see over the last few 1000 years the Earth has moved :rolleyes:

GaryFifer
16th July 2009, 20:25
They are all a load of :action-smiley-081:

PLUS! Since the ancients come up with these pretty patterns in the sky they have all moved along one :doh You see over the last few 1000 years the Earth has moved :rolleyes:

And they come up with many interesting theories with pretty lights when they were stoned. It was believed the gases from volcanos were near the Oracle at Delphi. So she was tripping always. Amazing that men would ask her on the outcome on battles. It's like going and asking Ringo Starr what he thinks of Afghanistan war.
:Erm:

irobot
21st July 2009, 23:34
Irobot...." Sunny... Different From The Rest... "

Hi There, vbkelly... Birth Stones can be interesting as well as Tarot Cards and it all depends about how open minded you are and what floats your boat... some say your body is all tiny electrical pulses and to carry a crystal like pure quartz can resonate at a frequency that stops pain as some people with back pains can tell you or magnets is another ....

Do not be intimidated or bullied because you may think or believe in some thing other`s do not... you may be right and they are wrong.... ever been in a Church in England and felt the power / Holy Ness of the place... a lot of the Christian Churches in England was built on Holy Pagan sites as an insult to Pagans and their believes ....

But what I found interesting reading was Chinese Astrology and the characteristics they give to people / birth signs seem rather close to the personalities of the people they represent...

I am more into Tai Che Chaun,Qigong which revolves around meridian points of the body, but hard for some people to understand this way of thinking in this country and I have given up a long time ago trying to convert them.... but back to the " Open Mind " again... but people are now excepting these ancient Chinese ways as well as acupuncture and reflexology and reiki these days for the peace of mind, and severe illness... Phil..

aromulus
22nd July 2009, 07:23
Kidney stones any good...???:Erm:

KeithD
22nd July 2009, 08:41
Kidney stones any good...???:Erm:
Not if you've passed them! :D