PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all, Dean from Blackpool UK

Deano
27th October 2006, 12:28
First time on this site so here goes. Just booked a flight for this Xmas and am off to visit La Union up north again.We intend to stay there till Jan 4th then maybe travel a bit for a week or so, we do have some ideas but would welcome any thoughts from you all.Looking forward to the beach , sun and SML. My partner of 9 years is from San Carlos (Pangasinan) and as lived in the UK for about 17 years now.We are looking at going some-where different after our stay at La Union. Look forward to hearing from you.Thanks

Dean

scotsfiancee
27th October 2006, 15:09
Hello pleased to meet you here. Have fun :)

IainBusby
28th October 2006, 10:16
Hi Deano, nice to see you here.

misshope
28th October 2006, 16:12
Hello Deano,
How about Palawan, I heard its really nice and good over there, that is,, if you like swimming with the sharks,hehehe

Chrisirene
28th October 2006, 16:22
Yah...Palawan is very fantastic place.....specially in the underground river and Honda Bay.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Deano
30th October 2006, 01:47
Hello Deano,
How about Palawan, I heard its really nice and good over there, that is,, if you like swimming with the sharks,hehehe

Thanks for th reply and I will mention this to Nemia who does not really take to the water. Is there sharks in the water as well.

Take care and thanks again

Deano
30th October 2006, 01:49
Hello pleased to meet you here. Have fun :)

Hello and I am pleased to meet you aswell.

Deano
30th October 2006, 01:51
Hi Deano, nice to see you here.

Hello and thanks for the reply. It would be better to see you over in the sun.

Cheers

JennetteG
5th November 2006, 20:08
Places you may also want to consider if you're looking for other sites to visit other than La Union:

1. Boracay - you've got the fine white sands and the night life
2. Camiguin - sea + sun and the place is not spoiled by too many tourists as yet
3. Bohol - you can actually get there in one day if you're already in Boracay

As all of these places are in the south, you will have to book domestic flights from Manila.

scotsfiancee
5th November 2006, 20:17
Places you may also want to consider if you're looking for other sites to visit other than La Union:

A paradise :Rasp:

2. Camiguin - sea + sun and the place is not spoiled by too many tourists as yet

Won't cost you too much you can stay in PARAS Beach resort its one of the oldest resort in camiguin but its really nice. Lots of tourist places as well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will recommend you to stay in Panglao Nature Island Beach Resort, its an exclusive resort for the guests . A beautiful island i would love to go back there.
:222:

russ01539
5th November 2006, 20:20
However (by the way hi Deano) should you decide to stay in the north, you are only about 5 hours drive from Bagiuo, a wonderfully Spanish style city nestling on a plateau high up in the mountains just north of La Union. Stay there and have a look about for the day, get a hotel and arrange a day trip to the Benaue Rice terraces, its a very impressive sight.

Alterntively you are about 9-10 hours drive from Tagatay (1 hour south of Manilla), and Lake Taal - you can order your meal at a restaurant on the shores of Lake Taal then catch a ride in a boat to Tagatay volcano, horse ride up to the crater - and as long as the seismic activity is low at the moment swim in the crater lake, which i believe is a very healthy thing to do.

Or, if you just want another beach try Subic Bay. The beaches there are as nice as anywhere I have been to in the south.

But if your really adventurous do what we did. Catch a plane to Vietnam from Clark Air Base and watch the sun set over the Mekong Delta amongst hundreds of other tourists and Buddist worshippers. Its a 3 hour flight and costs 70 pounds RETURN.

I will be over in PI next year and plan to do more in the South this time, but for the past 3 years I have travelled extensively in the North, and often marvel at the biodiversity of Luzon. Good luck wherever you go though, just remember relax and take it easy.

fred
5th November 2006, 22:25
I will recommend you to stay in Panglao Nature Island Beach Resort, its an exclusive resort for the guests . A beautiful island i would love to go back there.Its very nice there but the prices are horrific.
There are better deals to be had in Paglao and Alona beach etc..So much to choose from..
We are hoping to set up a small resort on the island end of next year so I`ll keep you posted.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
5th November 2006, 22:45
Its very nice there but the prices are horrific.
There are better deals to be had in Paglao and Alona beach etc..So much to choose from..
We are hoping to set up a small resort on the island end of next year so I`ll keep you posted.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh thats good for yah..

Yes your right its real expensive but its worth, everybody will love it :) I've been visited Alona,alona kew their quite nice.

Deano
8th November 2006, 18:40
Thanks for your reply. As we will be staying in La Union we will be staying up North till our return. We have a wedding to attend before we fly back home and it will take place in San Carlos.Too much travel in 1 month can leave you feeling like you need another hoilday (been there and done it ) Again many thanks for your reply and good luck.

Dean

As all of these places are in the south, you will have to book domestic flights from Manila.

Deano
8th November 2006, 18:54
Hi Russ
Nice to hear from you thanks.We never got up Bagiuo yet but must admit I say every time I go that I will. Almost flew there from Manila once but left it to my pal to sort my flight out. When I arrived in Manila I was greeted by my brother inlaw who drove me up instead , my pal got it all mixed up so no flight for me.Did you ever see the Michael Palin program when he flew up there in the helicopter he couldnt stop laughing when they went to film cause the fog was so thick .Lake Taal sounds great and maybe visit there on my next trip. Must be getting cold up in Kendal now. Take care and thanks again.

Dean

However (by the way hi Deano) should you decide to stay in the north, you are only about 5 hours drive from Bagiuo, a wonderfully Spanish style city nestling on a plateau high up in the mountains just north of La Union. Stay there and have a look about for the day, get a hotel and arrange a day trip to the Benaue Rice terraces, its a very impressive sight.

Alterntively you are about 9-10 hours drive from Tagatay (1 hour south of Manilla), and Lake Taal - you can order your meal at a restaurant on the shores of Lake Taal then catch a ride in a boat to Tagatay volcano, horse ride up to the crater - and as long as the seismic activity is low at the moment swim in the crater lake, which i believe is a very healthy thing to do.

Or, if you just want another beach try Subic Bay. The beaches there are as nice as anywhere I have been to in the south.

But if your really adventurous do what we did. Catch a plane to Vietnam from Clark Air Base and watch the sun set over the Mekong Delta amongst hundreds of other tourists and Buddist worshippers. Its a 3 hour flight and costs 70 pounds RETURN.

I will be over in PI next year and plan to do more in the South this time, but for the past 3 years I have travelled extensively in the North, and often marvel at the biodiversity of Luzon. Good luck wherever you go though, just remember relax and take it easy.

Deano
8th November 2006, 18:58
Hi Fred
How you doing , thanks for the reply. Hope your plan comes together, sounds good to me

Dean

Its very nice there but the prices are horrific.