PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong or Singapore based Filipina

EdwardB
16th July 2009, 13:46
I'd be interested in chatting with a Hong Kong or Singapore based Filipina.

I've been around on the forum for a while, and as will be seen from my contributions I have enjoyed a relationship with a Filipina for 3 years now. But because of class, culture, age & educational differences we have agreed that it isn't going any further.

Learning from past mistakes for anything to - slowly - develop beyond chat you would need to be educated to degree level, worldly wise, strong personality and probably late 20's at the youngest.

Posted her because if the person exists it is likely to be a friend or relative of an existing member. Thanks for reading.

miss.piggy
16th July 2009, 13:49

I've been around on the forum for a while, and as will be seen from my contributions I have enjoyed a relationship with a Filipina for 3 years now. But because of class, culture, age & educational differences we have agreed that it isn't going any further.

Learning from past mistakes for anything to - slowly - develop beyond chat you would need to be educated to degree level, worldly wise, strong personality and probably late 20's at the youngest.

Posted her because if the person exists it is likely to be a friend or relative of an existing member. Thanks for reading.
Dare I ask, EdwardB...are you also educated to degree level, worldly wise, and has a strong personality?

EdwardB
16th July 2009, 13:56
No, I went straight down the mines & never left home until I came to live in the gutter!!!

miss.piggy
16th July 2009, 13:59
No, I went straight down the mines & never left home until I came to live in the gutter!!!
Oh perfect, goodluck on your search then.

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 14:00
When I lived in Hong Kong I had a teacher,criminologist,accountant and a engineer as girlfriends,thousands of educated pinays live there,many with uber-strong personalities,just attend social BBQ's parties etc,it is very,very easy to strike up a conversation,I am sure some of your friends in Honkers are married to pinays with single female relatives?All my mates there had pinay,thai or Indo wives,good luck with your search :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
16th July 2009, 15:27

I have enjoyed a relationship with a Filipina for 3 years now. But because of class, culture, age & educational differences we have agreed that it isn't going any further.

LOL, and i suppose you believe you can get such filipinas more likely in hongkong and singapore????? :D:D:D:D
Probably you would find one there or probably not...it depends...
after all, you will equally attract a person of your own caliber...as the saying goes "you are who you attract",
and geographical location has nothing to do with it, but that's just my opinion though :):)
Best of luck then on your quest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

EdwardB
16th July 2009, 16:18
LOL, and i suppose you believe you can get such filipinas more likely in hongkong and singapore????? :D:D:D:D
:

No nothing like that complicated. I have spent a huge amount of time in Hong Kong & Singapore in the last 12 months & am likely to relocate to Singapore within the next year. Previous few years I spent a lot of time in Manila.

As for the "list".... I'm just realistically making sure I don't make the same mistake of the last 3 years. Love the girl as I do I just couldn't take the Philippines out of the girl!! & she just can't get comfortable out of The Philippines.

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 16:45
You attract a person of your caliber? :Erm:Like attracts like? :Erm:I once had an exceptionally intelligent woman,multi-lingual and sharp as a scalpel blade,easily a Mensa intellect,when I asked her what she saw in me she said opposits attract :icon_lol::icon_lol:

miss.piggy
16th July 2009, 16:48
You attract a person of your caliber? :Erm:Like attracts like? :Erm:I once had an exceptionally intelligent woman,multi-lingual and sharp as a scalpel blade,easily a Mensa intellect,when I asked her what she saw in me she said opposits attract :icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 16:50

:icon_lol::icon_lol:Here you go again Tawi2!!!...:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:Brick::Cuckoo::Help1:

Sophie
16th July 2009, 16:52
No nothing like that complicated. I have spent a huge amount of time in Hong Kong & Singapore in the last 12 months & am likely to relocate to Singapore within the next year.

oh, so that explains why you're looking for filipinas from there, since they are more likely to be well versed and well adjusted already to the life outside the philippines...and probably more exposed already....

As for the "list".... I'm just realistically making sure I don't make the same mistake of the last 3 years. Love the girl as I do I just couldn't take the Philippines out of the girl!! & she just can't get comfortable out of The Philippines.

Oh well, you probably just happen to meet somebody who's not as adventurous and up for new things and would rather stay in her comfort zone....
but that's understandable, as women are different in their preferences and interests....

And as for "you just couldn't take the philippines out of the girl" thing - sorry to say but it's true....
however, some girls can be extreme though while some can manage better and can cope well with change and adapt quicker....

so it all boils down to the personality of a person.....and what she's all about...
Hopefully, you meet one that will fit exactly to the criteria you're looking for :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
16th July 2009, 16:58

LOL, can be tawi2 :xxgrinning--00xx3:
For some, "opposites attract", for others, "you attract your exact clone and replica", lol :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
to each his own......whatever works..... :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D:D

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 17:02
Well,she did tell me she liked to "Dumb-down" sometimes :Erm:But I hope Edward finds the lady of his dreams :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
16th July 2009, 17:02

hey, you are an exceptionally intelligent man yourself, likewise a poet and multi lingual at that (considering how many dialects you know from all over pinas, lol) :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Sophie
16th July 2009, 17:10
Well,she did tell me she liked to "Dumb-down" sometimes :Erm:But I hope Edward finds the lady of his dreams :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ouch, she lowered her standards and found you, lol....:D:D:D:D:D
must be hard to be somebody someone just settles for, lol :Erm::D:D:D just kidding tawiwi :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
I'm sure you're better than that, lol :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

as for edward, i wish thesame thing, may he find the lady of his dreams :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 17:13
Hi EdwardB,

The cliche "You can't take the Philippines out of the girl" is very common. I may say that almost every filipina who has been away from her homeland really misses everything .....:bigcry: everything!....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D. The stable job, the family, friends, relatives, etc etc. It is because that country has brought them many happy memories:xxgrinning--00xx3: aside from the culture and tradition one has adapted since birth but when one has found her loved one and decided to have a life together and had chosen some place other than the Phils she should have adapted the changes that has taken place. You will be so lucky if you will find the girl that possesses those qualities and can easily adapt to the new culture she will face by marrying you. Many has that qualities hence they are here with their loved ones....:xxgrinning--00xx3::D(i'm one of them!)..:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I just hope you will find that special girl with those criterias specified. Goodluck on your search:).

Cheers!:)

Mrs.JMajor
16th July 2009, 19:23

Do you know that most filipinas working in Hongkong is domestic helper ?

bornatbirth
16th July 2009, 19:54
i dont think you will find many is this forum,goodluck anyway?

you must know that many filipinas in hong kong and singapore will be maids,i think many who are working in better jobs and you will see some,most arnt looking to marry a foreigner?

can i ask why you have set such a high criteria in a woman because you may be looking for a long time,there are many of lovely filipinas all in manila why have you ruled them out?

GaryFifer
16th July 2009, 19:56
Does it say MADE IN HONG KONG on her puwit? I think if you have high expectations you will always reject ladies for many reasons. Just relax, go with the flow, and see if conversation and dating leads to what you wish. My high expectations were simple- I did not like ladies drunk and puking up and fighting outside taxi ranks, swearing. But every lady might do that once for a reason.

I just did not want lady like that because it remind me too much of my dad side of the family who are bunch of infighting idiots. I just wanted to better myself. But now I realize its what is in the heart that counts, even if she farts. Bahala na!

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 21:30
Do you know that most filipinas working in Hongkong is domestic helper ?

Theres a lot of pinay DH's in Hong Kong,doesnt mean they arent degree holders,some do it to experience life abroad,some to escape something back home,be it a bad experience,a failed relationship or whatever,people are people,some of the smartest have no degree due to poverty or circumstance,the most interesting books I ever read were from an old second hand bookstore,the covers were thumbed and faded,but the words were alive and vibrant,I would rather have a woman with character written on her face and life experience,than someone who had sat in a uni for a few years,hope you find her edward:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
16th July 2009, 21:41
who had sat in a uni for a few years,hope you find her edward:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You seem not to have faith in the education system in PI. Is it sadly lacking and perhaps degree jobs are full of nepotism?

Mrs.JMajor
16th July 2009, 21:47
Theres a lot of pinay DH's in Hong Kong,doesnt mean they arent degree holders,some do it to experience life abroad,some to escape something back home,be it a bad experience,a failed relationship or whatever,people are people,some of the smartest have no degree due to poverty or circumstance,the most interesting books I ever read were from an old second hand bookstore,the covers were thumbed and faded,but the words were alive and vibrant,I would rather have a woman with character written on her face and life experience,than someone who had sat in a uni for a few years,hope you find her edward:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Correction, I am telling him that there are loads of pinay DH in HK because its a fact that you can find them every sunday in park having siyesta, hundredth or thousands

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 21:48
Gary,your putting words in my mouth or not fully comprehending what I am saying :Erm: I wasnt slighting pinas standard of education at all,I am just saying sometimes someone with character and history shouldnt be overlooked because they werent fortunate to have a formal education,maybe I was thinking of myself :Erm::icon_lol: Most of us have baggage,if you really like someone you'll help her carry it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 21:51
Correct Mrs M,I was in Statue Square and Charter Gardens most sundays sitting around with puppy-dog eyes till some lady or another took pity on me and invited me to join their group for a chat and a feed :icon_lol:The trick is to always look helpless,ladies cant resist that.

Sophie
16th July 2009, 22:06
I would rather have a woman with character written on her face and life experience,than someone who had sat in a uni for a few years:xxgrinning--00xx3:

True, true :xxgrinning--00xx3: Character is something you don't learn in shool, (although character education is part of the curriculum in most schools)
it is something molded in you as a person and inculcated in you as you grow up.....
and you then develop it over time through your life experiences......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MarBell379
16th July 2009, 22:34
Personally, Ive always measured people on their individual merits. My girls background, education, upbringing etc couldnt be further from my own, but we get on fantastically.
By all means use such criteria as a 'qualifying out' excercise, but be aware you may be overlooking the perfect giel who just never had the chance to study for a degree.

'Acres of diamonds', my friend.
If you're unfamiliar with the story, look it up. Its a worthwhile read.

Jay&Zobel
16th July 2009, 22:45

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:Here you go again Tawi2!!!...:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:Brick::Cuckoo::Help1:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

He's back, yes he's back!!! yay

D&G
17th July 2009, 00:54

brilliant thought! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i agree with you 101% :)

lavander
17th July 2009, 00:58
[QUOTE=bornatbirth;153469]i dont think you will find many is this forum,goodluck anyway?

you must know that many filipinas in hong kong and singapore will be maids,QUOTE]

Voice out from Singapore... Take note that Filipina maids are now outnumbered by skilled and professional Filipino here at SG...
You'll get a chance to meet of Filipina with a caliber you prefer by hanging out Friday and/or saturday in clubs which am sure u are familiar since u mentioned u been here for quite sometime...

Do note Lucky Plaza - Orchard road is a territory of most 'kasambahay' maid sunday 7am- 6pm... Dont tell me i didnt warn u :D

I can give you one referel that will perfectly match your indicated requirement if you are deadly seriously interested... but here in SG nothing is free,so i might charge u as 'Agent Fee' hahahahha..Kidding!:yikes:

I always look at the character and personality of the person i want to spend the rest of my life ( of course 3B is added factor).... and those not mentioned are trivial for me to be consider as a factor...

Still.. All the Best!.

Lavander

Florge
17th July 2009, 04:37

Too bad... the girl you're describing (that I know) is based here in Pinas.. :doh

EdwardB
17th July 2009, 08:10
Thanks for the flood of replies.

I did post in the Pen Pal Talk/Chat forum.. so to be clear I'm not looking to get married in a couple of weeks!!! I was looking for someone to chat with who shares common interests & is located somewhere that I'm familiar with. My experience is that a Hong Kong/Singapore based Filipina has a slightly more International/Western perspective on life than my last experience! & of course in my case such a location does offer the best opportunity to meet up if things develop. I'm not ruling out an RP based person as long as they have experience outside the homeland!

Yes I do meet Filipinas in Hong Kong through work at social events. But I'm not looking for the added complication of getting intertwined with other peoples relatives/friends.

If Lavander or Florge finds this clarification post might show I'm interest to the people they have mentioned, my contact details are in my profile.

Once again thanks to all.

Tiggers0608
17th July 2009, 08:58
:Erm:

I also have a friend who's working in singapore right now as a DH and she's looking for a foreign bf/husband, but i don't know if u like DH :Erm:

good luck on your search :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 10:29

I did post in the Pen Pal Talk/Chat forum.. so to be clear I'm not looking to get married in a couple of weeks!!! I was looking for someone to chat with who shares common interests & is located somewhere that I'm familiar with. .

did anyone suggest that you marry in a couple of weeks? :Erm:

looks like your trying to find someone who is upto your level and you want one thats taylor made for you,i really dont think you find one!

and why are you dismissing a huge amount of woman,also a lot of the ladies working as DH are well educated,its just that they can earn more working there as DH?

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 10:35
I dont think Edward is dismissive of anyone BAB,its just we all have a beau-ideal,a criteria we would like in a partner,for me its under 70 years old with a pulse,teeth and hair are optional extras,other people are more discerning,I am sure Edward will find someone suitable for him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

EdwardB
17th July 2009, 11:10
and why are you dismissing a huge amount of woman,also a lot of the ladies working as DH are well educated,its just that they can earn more working there as DH?

I most certainly am not dismissing anybody by employment. All I'm trying to ensure is that the chat is lively & worldly.It has to work for both of us and be fun.

As you, and others pointed out, many DH's are highly educated.

All I want initially is for someone to chat with, and common interests and knowledge of each others culture and geography will always help that.

Contact details are in my profile or if someone wants to chaperone one of the 3 previous possible intros PM me!!!

Jay&Zobel
17th July 2009, 12:55
Too bad... the girl you're describing (that I know) is based here in Pinas.. :doh

Hehe... you still searching someone for her? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hope you'll find one:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Voice out from Singapore... Take note that Filipina maids are now outnumbered by skilled and professional Filipino here at SG...
You'll get a chance to meet of Filipina with a caliber you prefer by hanging out Friday and/or saturday in clubs which am sure u are familiar since u mentioned u been here for quite sometime...

Do note Lucky Plaza - Orchard road is a territory of most 'kasambahay' maid sunday 7am- 6pm... Dont tell me i didnt warn u :D

I can give you one referel that will perfectly match your indicated requirement if you are deadly seriously interested... but here in SG nothing is free,so i might charge u as 'Agent Fee' hahahahha..Kidding!:yikes:

I always look at the character and personality of the person i want to spend the rest of my life ( of course 3B is added factor).... and those not mentioned are trivial for me to be consider as a factor...

Still.. All the Best!.
Lavander

True, true... but what I don't get is, what's wrong if she's a Domestic Helper anyway? It's just a job... She may be an educated person, honest, sweet and loving...

All Filipinos that are working abroad are all classified as Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)...

I dont think Edward is dismissive of anyone BAB,its just we all have a beau-ideal,a criteria we would like in a partner,for me its under 70 years old with a pulse,teeth and hair are optional extras,other people are more discerning,I am sure Edward will find someone suitable for him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yep, we all have criterias :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
17th July 2009, 12:57
All I'm trying to ensure is that the chat is lively & worldly. It has to work for both of us and be fun.

Oooh... How worldly are you talking about here? hehe:Erm::Erm::rolleyes::omg::omg::D

Anyway, good luck on your search!

Sophie
17th July 2009, 13:04
Oooh... How worldly are you talking about here? hehe:Erm::Erm::rolleyes::omg::omg::D

I was quite baffled by the "wordly" term as well, lol, but i suppose he meant it more in a good way
such as well travelled, exposed, mature and experienced in life over all :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

Jay&Zobel
17th July 2009, 13:27
I most certainly am not dismissing anybody by employment. All I'm trying to ensure is that the chat is lively & worldly.It has to work for both of us and be fun.

Anyway, good luck on your search!

I was quite baffled by the "wordly" term as well, lol, but i suppose he meant it more in a good way
such as well travelled, exposed, mature and experienced in life over all :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

oh... that type lol... :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Sophie
17th July 2009, 13:28
oh... that type lol... :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

probably, lol, unless it's otherwise :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

EdwardB
17th July 2009, 14:05
meant it more in a good way

YES!!!

OMG this is like dealing with a boat load of lawyers hanging on every word and puntuation mark:Help1:

Sophie
17th July 2009, 14:06
YES!!!

OMG this is like dealing with a boat load of lawyers hanging on every word and puntuation mark:Help1:

LOL, funny edward :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 14:12
YES!!!

there your words!

so more careful how you write them :icon_lol:

lavander
17th July 2009, 20:24
Hehe... you still searching someone for her? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hope you'll find one:xxgrinning--00xx3:

True, true... but what I don't get is, what's wrong if she's a Domestic Helper anyway? It's just a job... She may be an educated person, honest, sweet and loving...

All Filipinos that are working abroad are all classified as Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)...

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yep, we all have criterias :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't get me wrong here.. I myself dont have against anyone of any particular (maid, prosti,whatever they are!!!) ..am highlighting the fact that the searcher is indeed has qualification need to be consider as he mentioned... my intention is for him to be aware the crowd he will be meet on certain time and day and place here at SG..

Relax and Cheer up ... :D

lavander
17th July 2009, 20:25
YES!!!

Indeed!.. i was consider 'accessories' to the crime har har har... :D

Good luck to you still!

Pepe n Pilar
17th July 2009, 20:54

I did post in the Pen Pal Talk/Chat forum.. so to be clear I'm not looking to get married in a couple of weeks!!! I was looking for someone to chat with who shares common interests & is located somewhere that I'm familiar with. My experience is that a Hong Kong/Singapore based Filipina has a slightly more International/Western perspective on life than my last experience! & of course in my case such a location does offer the best opportunity to meet up if things develop. I'm not ruling out an RP based person as long as they have experience outside the homeland!

Yes I do meet Filipinas in Hong Kong through work at social events. But I'm not looking for the added complication of getting intertwined with other peoples relatives/friends.

If Lavander or Florge finds this clarification post might show I'm interest to the people they have mentioned, my contact details are in my profile.

Hi EdwardB,

Your message is very clear. It can easily be digested:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:. At least you have said what you are looking for in a girl. In tagalog "wala ng paligoy ligoy"(direct to the point):xxgrinning--00xx3:. So perhaps if someone who has these qualities and has the guts and thinks she has the same wavelength as you then who knows you both will make it through. What is your email addy BTW?..:rolleyes: I'll recommend someone..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Wish you all the best.

Cheers!:)

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 21:00
This is an interesting thread,thought provoking,do we attract a partner with similar characters to ourselves?Or dissimilar?:Erm:

Sophie
17th July 2009, 21:02
This is an interesting thread,thought provoking,do we attract a partner with similar characters to ourselves?Or dissimilar?:Erm:

it depends....lol

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 21:05
it depends....lol
Thats a VERY quick answer,you should be on "Fastest-finger" on "Who wants to be a millionaire" you would get on well with Chris Tarrant :icon_lol: What do you mean it depends?Thats noncommittal,neither a yes nor a no,not quite an Oo but certainly not a hindi (I dont mean an indian gentleman),how do we attract a partner :Erm:

Sophie
17th July 2009, 21:12
Thats a VERY quick answer,you should be on "Fastest-finger" on "Who wants to be a millionaire" you would get on well with Chris Tarrant :icon_lol: What do you mean it depends?Thats noncommittal,neither a yes nor a no,not quite an Oo but certainly not a hindi (I dont mean an indian gentleman),how do we attract a partner :Erm:

Oh well, that's the quickest and safest answer, thats why, lol :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

anyway, it depends in a sense that, some click with someone which is exactly their opposite and they sort of complement each other with their differences
while others click with someone very much similar to them, like a soulmate perhaps...

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 21:14
Don't get me wrong here.. I myself dont have against anyone of any particular (maid, prosti,whatever they are!!!) ..am highlighting the fact that the searcher is indeed has qualification need to be consider as he mentioned... my intention is for him to be aware the crowd he will be meet on certain time and day and place here at SG..

why are you telling him that?

for some reason i dont think he will meet them.

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 21:18
What is that?Your somewhere,the street,airport,shopping mall,restaurant,you catch a glance,you lock eyes with someone,you hold the gaze for longer than is normally polite or socially acceptable but theres a spark,its almost tangible,you feel it,most of us dont act on it,you never see the person again,but for a short time there was a connection,something was there between you,know what I mean?:Erm:

Sophie
17th July 2009, 21:20
What is that?Your somewhere,the street,airport,shopping mall,restaurant,you catch a glance,you lock eyes with someone,you hold the gaze for longer than is normally polite or socially acceptable but theres a spark,its almost tangible,you feel it,most of us dont act on it,you never see the person again,but for a short time there was a connection,something was there between you,know what I mean?:Erm:

I get what you mean :xxgrinning--00xx3: Love at first sight probably :Erm::Erm: and you realize later that she was "the one that got away" :bigcry: sad :bigcry: :D:D:D:D
this reminds me of the movie "the sweetest thing" and "serendipity"

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 21:24
Love at first sight?Or lust at first sight?Sometimes that first time its hard to differentiate twixt the two :Erm:We are arent hijacking your thread Edward,and sincere apologies,we are keeping it bumped to the top :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
17th July 2009, 21:26

What certain time and day and place in Singapore?:Erm: ~Why?:Erm:

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 21:30
I think Lavender gave the specifics because lucky plaza on sundays is PACKED :cwm24: with pinays on their day off,its the easiest time and place to meet someone if your confident enough just to walk up to a lady who catches your eye and introduce yourself:)

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 21:41
edward doesnt sound like type to go there,so why bother to mention it?

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 21:43
:Erm:Is there a "Type" who would go there?Its a place to eat,have a coffee,socialise,I think we all like to do that :) Just somewhere to unwind a little,mingle with a crowd:)

Sophie
17th July 2009, 21:52
Love at first sight?Or lust at first sight? Sometimes that first time its hard to differentiate twixt the two

True, you would know in time, once you get to know the person.....

anyway, back to the thread, lol

lavander
18th July 2009, 03:03
I think Lavender gave the specifics because lucky plaza on sundays is PACKED :cwm24: with pinays on their day off,its the easiest time and place to meet someone if your confident enough just to walk up to a lady who catches your eye and introduce yourself:)

Precisely... :xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks for hitting the spot...

lavander
18th July 2009, 03:12
edward doesnt sound like type to go there,so why bother to mention it?

I think he will....Orchard Rd- Lucky Plaza to be specifc is also a place where u can eat shop and buy cheap gadget...All Expats tends not to missed out Orchard road to roam around on this place... Its just Sunday is dominated by my kababayan... The shopping center 'Lucky Plaza which we use to call LP (Little Philippines) on Sunday.... which a heads up that mostly the crowd is not what he expect.

likewise my question.... am sharing my opionion and suggestion for Mr.Searcher... wether useful or not , its up to him.. so why making a big fuzz out of this.. :D

Cheers and Chill Out BAB! :Rasp:

Have a nice weekend!

bornatbirth
18th July 2009, 07:43

i thought you was telling him they was all maids and prostitutes on certain days,so why will he go there after your advice?

beppe
18th July 2009, 08:10

Set your standards and do what you think is right for you.
No point to enter in any relationship if you are not comfortable with.

beppe
18th July 2009, 08:13
Dare I ask, EdwardB...are you also educated to degree level, worldly wise, and has a strong personality?

He is not applying for a job.

aposhark
18th July 2009, 10:07
Hi EdwardB,

I do hope you find the lady who matches your criteria.
I would just like to mention that I have worked in 42 countries and have visited 70 or 80, so you could say I am a little "worldly".
My beautiful wife on the other hand came from the province and often stumbles with her English.
However, I have never met a more interesting and engaging person and her strong family values are so appealing to me.

I have met many men in high powered positions in multi-national corporations who have married Filipinas who have less education than them, but I have never met one who has a bad word to say about their wives.

Please don't always close the door to meeting someone who some people could consider to be less "wordly".

In my opinion, a kind hug or a little kiss at the right time from a Filipina is worth more than anything.

I think I am correct in saying that most men on this forum have paid for their fiancees and wives to join them, so this shows that their loving partners do not earn as much as them.

I don't see too many men complaining about their Filipinas here, or anywhere else for that matter.

I wish you all success in finding your next love, but please keep an open mind.
One day you will run after a woman and you will get caught :-)

aposhark
18th July 2009, 10:24

Hello Tawi2,
I used to work across the road from "Lucky Plaza" and often had the "pleasure" of walking by the Filipinas there on a Sunday.
Even as a confident man, it was quite a feeling to be close to a thousand eyes and a million giggles...........

Tawi2
18th July 2009, 10:43
I have been there :icon_lol: But even worse with a larger number of pinays used to be Statue Square in Hong Kong,I guarantee within 20 minutes of going there your invited to have some food and join a social group:icon_lol: its fun,even when I was in my early 20's and the ladies were 20 years my senior it was still fun to sit and chat with a group,happy days :icon_lol:

aposhark
18th July 2009, 11:04
Set your standards and do what you think is right for you.
No point to enter in any relationship if you are not comfortable with.

Hi beppe,
One thing though, sometimes we do not really find the real person inside others if we are ultra-selective.
A flower can take a long time to open under the right conditions.
Sometimes being comfortable comes after time, surely this is what marriage is all about?

EdwardB
18th July 2009, 11:38
:Erm:We are arent hijacking your thread Edward,and sincere apologies,we are keeping it bumped to the top :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hijacking!!!!!

You lot try and hijack every single seat Cessna you see and order it to fly to Boracay!

Thanks to all, a couple of intersting leads and some cracking wind ups at my expense. No I won't be hanging round Lucky Plaza or the Star Ferry Terminal in Kowloon on Sunday mornings like some saddo!!! :ARsurrender:

bornatbirth
18th July 2009, 15:21
lets hope you meet someone worldly enough for you!

do they need to speak english too? :Erm: :icon_lol:

Florge
18th July 2009, 15:29

Hi Edward.. my friend also has a very particular taste.. so before I "endorse" you to her, I have to see first if you fit her criteria... hehehe.... I would have to make sure that you are as trustworthy, witty, and funny like Tawi ... hmmmm... I think I made the wrong comparison? LOL

Seriously, my YM is in my profile.

Florge
18th July 2009, 15:33

yeah.. still searching for her... hirap hanapan... LOL...

miss.piggy
19th July 2009, 13:05
He is not applying for a job.

Did anyone say he is???? I asked the question because I used to live in Hong Kong and Singapore. If he is looking for these characteristics, then the people I know who fits the bill could be looking for the same. I don't see any reasons why a Filipina can't be having the same standards...do you Beppe?

"Set your standards and do what you think is right for you.
No point to enter in any relationship if you are not comfortable with."

I take your above view to be for everybody -- Filipinos are not exempted.

bornatbirth
19th July 2009, 20:01
if edward as high standards expected from a woman theres no reason why the woman wont expect the same from edward?